Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: BK - SMOKE DETECTOR  (Read 29097 times)

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
Re:BK - SMOKE DETECTOR
« Reply #150 on: November 29, 2006, 01:46:25 PM »

nip/tuck had an off night, too, I thought, with poor Sean drinking to get through the holidays and Christian reunited with a black child (Wilbur from a previous season before I started watching) he thought was his. I did love seeing Charles Haid as the homeless guy (he's been behind the cameras directing in recent years a lot more than he's been acting).
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #151 on: November 29, 2006, 01:49:06 PM »

Page Six TREASURE PLANET Dance!!!

Matt H.

« Reply #152 on: November 29, 2006, 01:50:04 PM »

I still have last night's LAW & ORDER: SVU to watch and I started a CSI: MIAMI episode from the disc in the player, but I only got ten minutes in.

Matt H.

« Reply #153 on: November 29, 2006, 01:57:56 PM »

I just saw NBC's midseason slate necessitated by the end of Sunday night football and shifts by other networks upcoming.

THE APPRENTICE will be the Sunday 9 p.m. show on NBC followed by CROSSING JORDAN in its familiar timeslot at 10.

STUDIO 60 is going to remain on Mondays at 10, at least for now.

FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS moves out of the Tuesday at 8 suicide slot opposite AMERICAN IDOL and will be on Wednesday nights at 8.

NBC is putting DATELINE on Tuesday at 8 p.m.

NBC has two hour long midseason replacement shows - THE BLACK DONNALEYS and RAINES, but they have not yet been placed on the schedule.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #154 on: November 29, 2006, 02:00:04 PM »

Time for dinner.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #155 on: November 29, 2006, 02:00:17 PM »

Did anybody watchthe "My Boys" premiere last night, and if so, what did you think?
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #156 on: November 29, 2006, 02:01:07 PM »

I am also hopeful the USPS man (Humphrey) will bring me some DDDVD boxes.

I've ordered quite a few DVDs over the last couple of weeks from a variety of sources and so far the only thing that I've gotten is a package from amazon.co.uk for my niece. :( Where's my stuff?? >:(
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jennifer

« Reply #157 on: November 29, 2006, 02:01:43 PM »

DR MattH, re: last night's VERONICA MARS.

spoilers

spoilers

spoilers

Okay i loved the finale of this arc. Totally satisfying.  I won't say that i was surprised at who the rapist turned out to be.  But i loved how it all turned out.  

My favorite parts were 1. parker coming to the rescue. 2. ra guy giving veronica that tea (totally caught me off guard even though we had been explicitly told that he had the keys to all the rooms.  3. the murder (i was expecting the professor). 4. but my most favorite bit was logan smashing the police car and where he ended up afterwards. Totally awesome ending.

Btw, we had so many real clues throughout the previous episodes.  But how cool that veronica helped free the guy who would later attack her.

And how interesting that the not so interesting prison experiment (from the second show) played such an important part in the finale. We know moe was in the experiment last year. But was mercer in it with logan/wallace this year?

I hope the show is back next week. Not sure when the next arc starts.

Edisaurus

« Reply #158 on: November 29, 2006, 02:07:36 PM »

Ron---good for you on learning to say "no". Greg and I have run ourselves ragged over the last 5 years or so in community activism, volunteering and serving on boards. I have realized that the people who do the most work in this regard (in our town anyway) don't have kids. Raising kids is so much harder that maybe we volunteer out of guilt that we aren't raising kids!

All of the councilpeople we've helped, all of the city activites---planting trees, being docents, monitoring streams, organizing neighborhoods to deal with their own issues, was of no help to us when we faced our own problems. No one helped us fight for our historic district, which is being destroyed by developers.

We have also helped out so many people on their films for free.

So for the first time, the past year, we have learned to say "no" because we realized that if we didn't, we would never move to the new house.

Saying "no" has been a very liberating experience for us.

We still volunteer for a few groups, including SMA and our new neighborhood group, but generally, until we move, our mantra will be:

JUST SAY NO!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #159 on: November 29, 2006, 02:20:40 PM »

I also bought a new mouse pad!
Furnished or un-  ?

8)
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Merrill

• : )
« Reply #160 on: November 29, 2006, 02:26:54 PM »

Well, I'm trying out the site.   As you all know I'm out here from New York for the Brain and thoroughly enjoying.  I'm learning all about Bruce, and I'm on my second of the Kritzer books and am laughing my way through his childhood.  I love reading about the blow by blow of his daily life on this site.  
     He's giving me the restaurant tour of the city which I'm loving.  Of course we're touring the restaurants that are open after 10pm  since that is when rehearsal finishes.  All of them have been great.  Musso and Franks, Astro Burger,  Genghis Cohen, Prizzie's, Birds,  Kendalls.   I'm having a wonderful time and the show should be great.  I'd love to meet you in person after the show and hope you're coming.  I love reading all the postings!
~Merrill

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #161 on: November 29, 2006, 02:30:02 PM »

...I have never seen a pomengranate in the flesh!
We had five (count 'em) pommegranate bushes in our back yard, when I was growing up in Burbank, CA.  Every year, those prolific bushes would give us hundreds of fruits.  And every year, I was the one who got to juice them all.  This involved cutting them open, getting all the seeds out, and running the seeds through a food mill.  Messy work, and whatever I was wearing that day was ruined, but I enjoyed it (and my sisterthebitch refused to help).  After, Mom would strain the juice through a few layers of cheesecloth to filter out all the impurities, and then she'd make pommegranate jelly!  Absolutely delicious, marvelous ruby stuff.

That's what childhood memories are made of.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #162 on: November 29, 2006, 02:31:09 PM »

Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #163 on: November 29, 2006, 02:31:10 PM »

Welcome, New Girl Merrill!

FJL

« Reply #164 on: November 29, 2006, 02:33:13 PM »

Welcome, Merrill!!!!!!

Matt H.

« Reply #165 on: November 29, 2006, 02:40:43 PM »

VERONICA MARS.

I hope the show is back next week. Not sure when the next arc starts.

I think I read somewhere that the next new show isn't until early January, but I could be wrong about that.

I did truly love the episode and this entire first arc.

And good news! Ratings were up, too! It was VERONICA's highest ever rating last night. The CW has to be happy with this pairing of VERONICA and GILMORE GIRLS. Both face very heavy competition and are doing much better than shows with much less competition on other nights.

Matt H.

« Reply #166 on: November 29, 2006, 02:43:07 PM »

Welcome to our madcap little group, Merrill.

Matt H.

« Reply #167 on: November 29, 2006, 02:43:54 PM »

I'm heading down now to clean the den. Should have time left over to get SVU and that CSI: MIAMI episode watched before BONES begins.

WBBL.

Edisaurus

« Reply #168 on: November 29, 2006, 02:46:27 PM »

Welcome, Merrill! Tell us more about yourself when you have time. I know Bruce is keeping you hopping right now!

Edisaurus

« Reply #169 on: November 29, 2006, 02:48:15 PM »

We had five (count 'em) pommegranate bushes in our back yard

I didn't even know they grow on bushes!

That's a wonderful memory, SWW...makes me want to find some pom jelly!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #170 on: November 29, 2006, 02:50:48 PM »

Of tonight's programming, "Jericho" really needs to step up and slap me in the face if it wants me to continue watching.

Can't wait for "Medium" which I always find entertaining and satisfying.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #171 on: November 29, 2006, 02:52:42 PM »

I wonder what's going on over in Oz?

TomovOz hasn't posted since early a.m. yesterday.

I hope he and Colin are well.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #172 on: November 29, 2006, 02:54:12 PM »

A flip-side to the filling-in-for-absent-workers problem:

For me, filling is is a good thing.  Since I'm a part-time worker, every time I'm asked to fill in it means that I get more hours on the job, which in turn means more on my weekly paycheck.

I started out this week with just eightteen hours scheduled.

Sunday, Kimmy really wanted to have off, so I got her shift, adding five hours.

Another two hours were added on Tuesday, due to another co-worker calling out.

Today, I was asked if I could come in for an eight-hour shift on Friday.  I said sure!

So, I'm up to thirty-three hours for the week.  And, since union rules say that I only have to have one day off per week, I could still be called in on either Thursday or Saturday for up to seven hours before I get pushed into overtime.  Sure, overtime means more pay, but we try to avoid it because it makes the regional bean-counters nervous.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #173 on: November 29, 2006, 02:58:00 PM »

Oh, one more thing about the pommegranate bushes - they have really sharp stickers!  Every year, they had to be pruned back, a job that required wearing gloves (and that is not a Gypsy Rose Lee reference).  Then all those branches had to be bundled and tied, and the night before the trash truck came they had to be hauled out to the parkway...

Those jobs were not fun.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #174 on: November 29, 2006, 03:02:17 PM »

Oh, one more thing about the pommegranate bushes - they have really sharp stickers!  Every year, they had to be pruned back, a job that required wearing gloves (and that is not a Gypsy Rose Lee reference).  Then all those branches had to be bundled and tied, and the night before the trash truck came they had to be hauled out to the parkway...

Those jobs were not fun.

But they made you who you are today....and you have wonderful memories of doing something that the rest of us  have no clue about.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #175 on: November 29, 2006, 03:04:04 PM »

Where's my stuff?? >:(

Did you change your profiles with your online stores (i.e., did you let them know your address has changed?).

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #176 on: November 29, 2006, 03:07:03 PM »

This could be...

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #177 on: November 29, 2006, 03:07:21 PM »

...the start of something...

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #178 on: November 29, 2006, 03:07:38 PM »

...big!

Tomovoz

« Reply #179 on: November 29, 2006, 03:09:22 PM »

Hello Ron.  I've been our pruning the pommegranates.
It's nice to be missed.

"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up