Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: VERISIMILITUDE  (Read 36641 times)

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
Re:VERISIMILITUDE
« Reply #90 on: April 10, 2008, 09:14:37 AM »

I will be glued to the set for that NBC comedy lineup... How I have missed it!

Did you hear the news? "Scrubs" will be back next year, but on ABC!

I will watch IDOL as well, but I think we all know who is going home tonight.

It won't be Ramielle Mulabay, that's for sure!

Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #91 on: April 10, 2008, 09:15:47 AM »

[shadow=color,glow width,#characters wide][size=8] PAGE 4 [/size][/font][/shadow]
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #92 on: April 10, 2008, 09:33:27 AM »

[size=8]'BIGGEST LOSER' SPOILER[/size]

umptysquattyplow shredow who'sthecownowbrownsow?  Dumdidumdi
dumberthandumb whyisshriekplowsuckinghis thumb?   Tuesday night's "Biggest Loser" was the last regular show in this season's competition.  The live finale airs next week and it features something unique in the show's history.

First and foremost, and Jillian gets another black mark against her earlier sh*t f*t about how women cannot compete with the men: The top two finalists are women.  That's right.  Ali and Kelley are in the finals.  Below the yellow line this week were Roger (who lost 15 pounds, more than anyone at the weigh-in) and Mark (who lost 13 pounds).  The guys' body fat percentages were lower than the women's, both of whom posted some incredible numbers themselves.  Ali lost 11 pounds and Kelley lost 12 (or 13).

The "rub" here is that Mark was sure he would be in the final three because he has been cultivating the friendship of both girls and he had assurances they'd keep him if it came to this.  

BUT.. the tables were turned:  Allison announced that the third member of the final three would be decided by the public and not Ali and Kelley.  Suddenly, the joy of Ali and Kelley (and Jillian) was diminished at the prospect of the public voting for Roger rather than Mark, whom the girls prefer.  They're no fools.  Mark has very little weight left to lose.  He's currently at 169...down from 280-plus.   Roger has lost 145 pounds, more than any previous contestant. He can still drop another 50-80 pounds to maximize his potential.  Mark can't drop that kind of weight.  If Roger were in the final three, the girls would probably "place" and "show".  

Astoundingly, at that weigh-in Ali had a higher overall bodyfat percentage loss figure than anyone in the competition.  She could still lose another 15-20 pounds, although that will come in the toning/cutting portion of her training.  She's lost 99 pounds since the competition began.  Roger would be a bigger risk to keep around for the ladies. Kelley, however, is a very dark horse.  She was the heaviest woman in the competition and she has lost 93 pounds.  Not one pound of it was easy for her and she has sweated each weigh-in of the competition.  As much as she has lost, she could probably lose another 60 pounds.  And THAT could make her the big winner.

All of that said, the "winner" -- or the third member of the final 3 -- will be announced during the first five minutes of the live finale.

Now...what isn't apparent here is that the time between the final weigh-in to determine the final three and the finale of the show is somewhere between 4 and 6 months.  That means that all of them will be on their own to put finishes on their hard work/achievements.  Mark and Ali will tone and cut.  Roger and Kelley will be dropping as much poundage as they can.  Neither Roger nor Mark will know which of them will compete for the big prize until the finale.

The show sends all the finalists home, outfits them with home exercise equipment (stationery bikes and treadmills) and gets them gym memberships.  Mark won the final challenge and had an extra advantage of having all his meals provided to him by "The Biggest Loser" during this training period.  He also won $10,000 for his efforts.  The others will have had to put their "learning" to the test and avoid the temptation of eating the wrong things or the wrong quantities.

It should be very interesting!  upshotslapsnotturkeytrot singdaw'sascrimshawartist. XSXXdldldldldldldld.

End SPOILER
« Last Edit: April 10, 2008, 09:36:36 AM by Ron Pulliam »

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #93 on: April 10, 2008, 09:33:37 AM »

Good afternoon!

Well, I was supposed to get a call from my friend, Carl, around Noon to tell me where he wanted to meet up today, but I have yet to hear from him, so...  *However, it was nice being here when the mail came in a few minutes ago. :)
Make Your Own Luck.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #94 on: April 10, 2008, 09:37:12 AM »

Good afternoon!

Well, I was supposed to get a call from my friend, Carl, around Noon to tell me where he wanted to meet up today, but I have yet to hear from him, so...  *However, it was nice being here when the mail came in a few minutes ago. :)

Did you get something.....special, Precious-s-s-s-s?

singdaw

« Reply #95 on: April 10, 2008, 09:40:29 AM »

singdaw'sascrimshawartist.

Would you like to come on up and see my etchings??     ;)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #96 on: April 10, 2008, 09:41:05 AM »

Did you get something.....special, Precious-s-s-s-s?

Yes-s-s-s-s-s-!
Make Your Own Luck.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #97 on: April 10, 2008, 09:42:37 AM »

Yes-s-s-s-s-s-!

Something.....Sondheimish....something...wonderfu l?

BrettySpaghetti

• Insert hilarious quip here
    • The Blog Ate My Gun
« Reply #98 on: April 10, 2008, 09:53:18 AM »

It won't be Ramielle Mulabay, that's for sure!

Ramiele, I believe.

Actually, audiences were so captivated by her lip-quivering emotional breakdown last week that they've decided to send her home every week now, the way they kill Kenny on South Park.

singdaw

« Reply #99 on: April 10, 2008, 09:53:38 AM »

....something...wonderful?

Silly!  :)   That was Rodgers & Hammerstein!    ;)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #100 on: April 10, 2008, 10:07:24 AM »

All orders printed.  Interesting to add them all up.  So, now we just have to move the rest of them.  I was hoping The Sondheim Review might send out an eblast, but I'd say they're not going to do it.  Which means I may have to wait until the magazine appears in a couple of months for those Sondheads to even be aware of it.

singdaw

« Reply #101 on: April 10, 2008, 10:12:20 AM »

That's too bad, bk.  I wonder if I could "reply all" to one of their past messages, and if that would reach their distribution list, the way CASTRECL works, or if it is "protected."

Jennifer

« Reply #102 on: April 10, 2008, 10:15:36 AM »

DRs Jose, George and Jane. RE: my search.

I did it the same way DR jose did his. I did the advanced search at the bottom (after you hit search). I did one word. But i did it for all users. But then i narrowed it down to just DR Jose. And it showed nothing for both.

I've used that feature a number of times and it has always worked for me before.

Btw, the funny thing is i sort of screwed up the vermicelli (if that is even possible0. I was cooking at my sister's house. And i had already made a whole other meal (tuna casserole for my dad and niece). And i didn't want to dirty any more pots. So instead of putting the vermicelli in hot water in a pot. I did it in the wok. And it just didn't make it soft enough. It did get soft in the end. But i didn't like how the meal turned out. :(

At least little megan was thrilled with her tuna casserole and the banana bread i brought her from the freezer.

Jennifer

« Reply #103 on: April 10, 2008, 10:17:56 AM »

RE: AMERICAN IDOL.

We all know who is going?

Who???

I have no idea (and i'm being totally serious).

In my mind it could be anybody. I don't think it will be little david or david cook. But in my mind it could be anybody else.

singdaw

« Reply #104 on: April 10, 2008, 10:18:45 AM »

That's me, on the left.  Just another typical day at the office!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #105 on: April 10, 2008, 10:20:36 AM »

Ramiele, I believe.

Actually, audiences were so captivated by her lip-quivering emotional breakdown last week that they've decided to send her home every week now, the way they kill Kenny on South Park.

Perhaps the second "l" is what she might have needed to continue.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #106 on: April 10, 2008, 10:22:28 AM »

Silly!  :)   That was Rodgers & Hammerstein!    ;)

or Keir Dullea's character in "2010".

Ben

« Reply #107 on: April 10, 2008, 10:29:24 AM »

Damn Yankees in New York this Summer

While I don't deny that Sean Hayes has talent (I think he was quite funny in the early seasons of Will and Grace before he and the others devolved into caricature and bad writing) and I will give him the benefit of the doubt but I have to say that the idea of him playing Applegate in this summer's revival of Damn Yankees (even with the wonderful Jane Krakowski as Lola) makes me more than a bit scared.

singdaw

« Reply #108 on: April 10, 2008, 10:31:40 AM »

But Sean has played Jerry Lewis, and Lewis has played Applegate, no?  :)

Ben

« Reply #109 on: April 10, 2008, 10:35:57 AM »

But Sean has played Jerry Lewis, and Lewis has played Applegate, no?  :)

Oh, you're too funny! Go back to your Cranberry or I'll...  ;)

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #110 on: April 10, 2008, 10:36:56 AM »

another chore taken care of for another year.

Here in Georgia, the deadline is on the birthday of the registrant. So when someone mentions  getting their tag renewed, you "auto"matically know their birthday is around the corner.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2008, 10:52:26 AM by Edisaurus »
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Jennifer

« Reply #111 on: April 10, 2008, 10:37:10 AM »

I did not know that last night's AMERICA'S NEXT TOP MODEL would be a recap episode. :(

On tv tonight for me: ELI STONE (it is on here at 7pm as well since CTV also shows ER).  Then IDOL results and SURVIVOR.

DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES has its last 2 episodes (before the new one this sunday). I think i will record them just to ff and review (since i can't remember everything that happened).

I am quite disappointed that LOST is not on. I really really wanted to see the extended show for the Jin/Sun episode.

Edisaurus

« Reply #112 on: April 10, 2008, 10:39:09 AM »

$10 phrase I use to explain why I dropped out of music school:
I got tired of hypomixolydian melismatic semi-quavers.

I am also a fan of "concatenation" and think of my house as a concatenation of cats.
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #113 on: April 10, 2008, 10:49:20 AM »

One of our local high schools has received and honor (and challenge) by being asked to pilot

The Phantom of the Opera

for non-professional performances.

That's pretty cool! :D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

singdaw

« Reply #114 on: April 10, 2008, 10:50:11 AM »

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #115 on: April 10, 2008, 10:50:46 AM »

My favorite $10 word is callipygian.

Callipygian, take me a way!!

;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Edisaurus

« Reply #116 on: April 10, 2008, 10:52:56 AM »

singdaw

« Reply #117 on: April 10, 2008, 10:54:32 AM »

singdaw

« Reply #118 on: April 10, 2008, 10:55:23 AM »

Callipygian, take me away!!

Don't you wish!    :D
« Last Edit: April 10, 2008, 10:55:46 AM by singdaw »

singdaw

« Reply #119 on: April 10, 2008, 10:57:16 AM »

Go back to your Cranberry or I'll...  ;)

whyioughta...

;)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12   Go Up