Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down

Author Topic: BACK IN THE SWING OF THINGS  (Read 10226 times)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
Re: BACK IN THE SWING OF THINGS
« Reply #120 on: August 24, 2012, 05:22:57 PM »

Now that I've said all of that, I want to add that I do hope you find who this person is and kick his ass.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #121 on: August 24, 2012, 05:27:40 PM »

I wonder how DR Danise is doing.  I hope she is safe from the stormy weather.

DR Mike, have you also had severe weather conditions?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #122 on: August 24, 2012, 05:31:55 PM »

Getting ready to go to the studio to do a vocal session.

Jane

« Reply #123 on: August 24, 2012, 05:34:24 PM »

I've been procrastinating and must stop doing so.
I'll be back later.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #124 on: August 24, 2012, 05:34:36 PM »

Now that I've said all of that, I want to add that I do hope you find who this person is and kick his ass.

Absolutely!!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

FJL

« Reply #125 on: August 24, 2012, 06:27:13 PM »

Larry, she and Mike gave up the guy vic's name already, because he was stupid enough to sarcastically give a one-penny contribution when they were doing a donation drive when they were still a non-profit.  Posters are anonymous, contributors are not under non-profit law. vic at least appears to be that guy Jeff I've been mentioning, but all I have any evidence of is that the stuff is coming from a COMPUTER ACCOUNT that Jeff controls, not that it's coming from HIM personally at all, and that - I think incredibly - is simply not sufficient for the police to even put a watch on, it seems from everything I've tried the whole past year since I got the letter from Ann and Mike.  The head of Jeff's department is a fellow named Felix, who must of course be careful, because truly there is a very real chance that someone in a position like Jeff's is being framed, but what is almost no doubt is that it's coming form someone in the GMHC employ working on their own computers during their work day, because Felix has confirmed that no GMHC computers have visited DataLounge Theatre Gossip or the New York Times Molly Ringwald article comments in the last 30 days.  I forgot to ask if they visited Talkin Broadway, but actually, so many people visit Talkin Broadway that that might not be a sign of anything.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #126 on: August 24, 2012, 06:28:19 PM »

And... I'm back from dinner.

-Toro and uni sashimi - Very fresh!
-Salmon skin roll
-Garlic Crunch Tuna Roll

-And I had a coupon too! ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #127 on: August 24, 2012, 06:29:26 PM »

And on the way back from the sushi restaurant I stopped by a Hungarian cafe and bakery and picked up a slice of a Hazelnut-Chocolate Torte. And a slice of floden - a walnut and poppy seed pastry.
Make Your Own Luck.

FJL

« Reply #128 on: August 24, 2012, 06:30:14 PM »

And Ann said I was lying when I claimed that B_Rabbit was vic, so that was that.  So she is saying definitely that B_Rabbit is not vic, and has staked quite a show on that.

George

« Reply #129 on: August 24, 2012, 06:43:57 PM »

Well, this is pretty cool...Pink Martini releases Diller recording of 'Smile'.

There's also a link to a YouTube video of the song. :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jane

« Reply #130 on: August 24, 2012, 06:55:37 PM »

I've been on facebook with a woman in England who's dog is dying.  I'm glad I wasn't the only one there.  We encouraged her to call the vet. I hope her vet makes house calls in the middle of the night.  In my opinion the vet should have encouraged this visit earlier today.  I was hoping the woman and her dog would have one last night together while she prepared herself. :(

FJL

« Reply #131 on: August 24, 2012, 07:06:56 PM »

Skip and I just nearly jumped out of our chairs at the noise that came from my phone in the other room about a half hour ago!  What a sound! 

Someone (I would imagine, but can't possibly know for sure, that it's one of Jeff and Felix's staff must be working those late-night hours, but I really have no certain proof) just considerately switched our anonymous call rejection feature back to where I'd had it on Tuesday before my first talk with Felix, before it had been adjusted apparently without my authorization before, but I really have no way of knowing for sure.

I am so glad Skip was here to hear the noise this time, though!  And to see that the sound did not register on star-69 at all whatsoever.  I was beginning to doubt whether the first switch had actually happened until this switch-back happened. 
« Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 07:09:13 PM by FJL »

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #132 on: August 24, 2012, 07:07:46 PM »

BK,

I am surprised....

No, SHOCKED!....

:o :o :o

That you've never seen THE LEGEND OF HELL HOUSE.

It's one of my all time favorite haunted house movies; was released the same summer as THE EXORCIST.

And, it was either written by or based on a story by Richard Mathison.

Speaking of haunted house movies: Have you ever seen THE CHANGELING with George C. Scott?  That's another goodie.

Indeed!  How did THAT happen?  It's almost impossible to comprehend.

I think I saw it at the Fox on Hollywood Blvd.

THE CHANGELING, on the other hand, I totally missed back in the day.  Watched it for my first time on DVD last year.

I saw it on Hollywood Blvd., too.  We probably saw it at the same theater.
You can dream…or you can do.

Jane

« Reply #133 on: August 24, 2012, 07:12:30 PM »

'night

Danise

« Reply #134 on: August 24, 2012, 07:27:04 PM »

Hi all!  No storm yet but thanks for asking, DR Jane.

So sorry to read about the lady and her dog. It's always so sad to say "Goodbye"  I just hope her dog isn't in pain as he/she passes.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #135 on: August 24, 2012, 07:28:35 PM »

No bill pay vibes for Elmore!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #136 on: August 24, 2012, 07:44:07 PM »

Tonight's Restaurant Week dinner: tomato and watermelon salad with avocado, pork loin with red cabbage and roasted potatoes, and ginger peach cobbler.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

George

« Reply #137 on: August 24, 2012, 07:48:34 PM »

Well, I'm off.  I need to buy some non-alcoholic beverages for TAO's Get A Heart On for TAO- 2012 Summer Fundraiser! :D

It's happening tomorrow night!  I actually sold five, count 'em FIVE tickets!  I hope other people were able to sell more than I have...this is an important fund raiser, so we need all the (financial) help we can.

Anyway, be back later!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #138 on: August 24, 2012, 07:53:58 PM »

Tonight's Restaurant Week dinner: tomato and watermelon salad with avocado, pork loin with red cabbage and roasted potatoes, and ginger peach cobbler.

DR JohnG - Does your restaurant week last just a week? or does it last two to three weeks like it does here in NYC? -And twice a year now too!
Make Your Own Luck.

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #139 on: August 24, 2012, 08:19:08 PM »

Oh, no!  Jerry Nelson, The Count on ‘Sesame Street,’ Dies.

:'(
I feel as if i have lost a friend == Vixdad and I still will burst into song "Doing the Batty Bat"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKeG2fgqxqs
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

John G.

« Reply #140 on: August 24, 2012, 08:42:43 PM »

DR JohnG - Does your restaurant week last just a week? or does it last two to three weeks like it does here in NYC? -And twice a year now too!
We have two Restaurant Weeks, which are offered by different organizations. But this one is only a week, though a few restaurants are now offering their specials for several weeks.
It's only three years old, but it's really growing. A pair of friends who live on the outskirts of town will take a hotel room downtown and just go to four or five places over the course of several days. And, of course, they get to enjoy the River Walk, too.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #141 on: August 24, 2012, 08:43:53 PM »

Well, I'm off.  I need to buy some non-alcoholic beverages for TAO's Get A Heart On for TAO- 2012 Summer Fundraiser! :D

It's happening tomorrow night!  I actually sold five, count 'em FIVE tickets!  I hope other people were able to sell more than I have...this is an important fund raiser, so we need all the (financial) help we can.

Anyway, be back later!
Non-alcoholic beverages? I'm afraid that phrase is in a language I don't readily comprehend. Those are like mixers, right?
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #142 on: August 24, 2012, 08:49:57 PM »

Have started watching the Andrew Davies "Middlemarch" miniseries, which is just wonderful. It wasn't filmed on much of a budget, but it crams so much of the novel into each wonderful episode that I can't get any work done because I want to watch every last second. (Thanks again, Elmore.)
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #143 on: August 24, 2012, 09:18:23 PM »

Night, all.
― Voltaire

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #144 on: August 24, 2012, 09:43:41 PM »

one more day before we have to leave Canada - so sad not ready to go
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

George

« Reply #145 on: August 24, 2012, 11:15:26 PM »

Anyway, be back later!
Non-alcoholic beverages? I'm afraid that phrase is in a language I don't readily comprehend. Those are like mixers, right?

Yes, I've heard them called that, too. :)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #146 on: August 24, 2012, 11:29:55 PM »

Back from vocal session one - got six things done so a heavy day tomorrow - I was hoping for nine tonight, but it was taking a long time to load each song off the hard drive we brought back from NY.  Tomorrow, the engineer is going in early to get all of that done before we arrive at eleven.  So it should all go faster tomorrow.  I like to get at least two if not three songs an hours.  She's doing very well, and Guy Haines came by and did his part of the Be A Santa duet.  It's been almost nineteen years since he originally sang it, but he basically sounds the same, but we'll help him in the mix :)

George

« Reply #147 on: August 24, 2012, 11:36:41 PM »

I don't doubt that I bought too much soda (I found that the best deals were at Safeway), but as long as we don't open everything, I should be able to take back most of what we don't use.  However, one of the deals (for the Coke products) was buy two, get two for free...and the purchase of all four was required.  If I take two back, I won't get anything back, so the regular Coke be kept by someone (not me).  I will keep any diet Pepsi that's left.

George

« Reply #148 on: August 24, 2012, 11:56:05 PM »

And I just remembered that I still need to get orange juice and cranberry juice.

George

« Reply #149 on: August 24, 2012, 11:56:19 PM »

Well, since we're so close...
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up