Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down

Author Topic: THE HALCYON DAYS  (Read 9861 times)

TCB

• Because I can!
Re: THE HALCYON DAYS
« Reply #120 on: December 10, 2011, 05:30:31 PM »

Page Five!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #121 on: December 10, 2011, 05:31:19 PM »

No Stephen King fans?

I am just not sure I want to spend $14.99 for a Kindle edition.
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #122 on: December 10, 2011, 05:33:35 PM »

One of the things I used to love about the Internet was that you could use the Reverse Phone Directory to find out who was calling you, but not leaving a message.  Now you havve to pay $1.99 per number.

:o

Jane

« Reply #123 on: December 10, 2011, 05:34:08 PM »

Google the number, sometimes that works.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #124 on: December 10, 2011, 05:35:30 PM »

Okay, maybe I will try that.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #125 on: December 10, 2011, 05:39:12 PM »

Well, Google told me what city the phone number was located, but they still wanted money to give me a name.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #126 on: December 10, 2011, 05:40:06 PM »

G'night!
“One thing’s universal,

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #127 on: December 10, 2011, 05:42:25 PM »

Took a break and watched COPS. Those whores can sure run from the police!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Cillaliz

« Reply #128 on: December 10, 2011, 05:43:46 PM »

From Cilla:
Tomorrow is really just playing easy Christmas carols for an event while wearing red and green and sant hats.  Yup, we're the band they pull out of the woodwork to do these silly things.   It's for the Little Yellow Dog auction.   Cute yellow lab this year.  It's all for charity so the dog usually goes for thousands of dollars.

This will be you? ;)

http://www.siouxcityjournal.com/news/local/collection_e1e71325-221c-56e6-aebe-199453a31597.html#3

That was last year....I'm in the middle of the first row of the band http://www.siouxcityjournal.com/news/local/explorers-buy-little-yellow-dog-for-record-price/article_c4d8923e-2368-11e1-86fe-001871e3ce6c.html?mode=image

Cillaliz

« Reply #129 on: December 10, 2011, 05:44:47 PM »

Stoney the dog sold for $45,000.00. The Sioux City Explorers baseball team bought it.  I'm not exactly sure who he's going to live with, but the kids were having a great time playing with him
« Last Edit: December 10, 2011, 05:52:08 PM by Cillaliz »

Jane

« Reply #130 on: December 10, 2011, 05:48:09 PM »

Well, Google told me what city the phone number was located, but they still wanted money to give me a name.

Then it wasn't a common prank number.

Cillaliz

« Reply #131 on: December 10, 2011, 05:50:46 PM »

In the middle of the auction, which is telecast live on the radio, a man had a heartattack.   He was on the upper level, so I didn't see him.  The auctioneer, the dog and his handler were up there collecting donations when he suddenly said "Is there a doctor in the house, we have someone who is having a heart attack"  Luckily, this was a big roller fund raiser so two doctors and a nurse took off up the escalator and the paramedics were right behind them.  I heard the gentleman is recovering, but it was a strange moment.  One of those....."We're going to take a break here....let's here some music from the band" moments

Jennifer

« Reply #132 on: December 10, 2011, 05:51:50 PM »

Happy Birthday to DR MBarnum!

Jane

« Reply #133 on: December 10, 2011, 05:52:01 PM »

From Cilla:
Tomorrow is really just playing easy Christmas carols for an event while wearing red and green and sant hats.  Yup, we're the band they pull out of the woodwork to do these silly things.   It's for the Little Yellow Dog auction.   Cute yellow lab this year.  It's all for charity so the dog usually goes for thousands of dollars.

This will be you? ;)

http://www.siouxcityjournal.com/news/local/collection_e1e71325-221c-56e6-aebe-199453a31597.html#3

That was last year....I'm in the middle of the first row of the band http://www.siouxcityjournal.com/news/local/explorers-buy-little-yellow-dog-for-record-price/article_c4d8923e-2368-11e1-86fe-001871e3ce6c.html?mode=image

I could not find this year's photos.  Even knowing where you are I can't distinguish you from the others, oh well.

Jane

« Reply #134 on: December 10, 2011, 05:52:46 PM »

In the middle of the auction, which is telecast live on the radio, a man had a heartattack.   He was on the upper level, so I didn't see him.  The auctioneer, the dog and his handler were up there collecting donations when he suddenly said "Is there a doctor in the house, we have someone who is having a heart attack"  Luckily, this was a big roller fund raiser so two doctors and a nurse took off up the escalator and the paramedics were right behind them.  I heard the gentleman is recovering, but it was a strange moment.  One of those....."We're going to take a break here....let's here some music from the band" moments

I'm glad he will be ok.

Jane

« Reply #135 on: December 10, 2011, 05:53:14 PM »

Someone, or a group of people, purchased the live dog or the painting?

Cillaliz

« Reply #136 on: December 10, 2011, 05:54:40 PM »

The painting comes with the live dog. 

Jennifer

« Reply #137 on: December 10, 2011, 05:55:08 PM »

I just found out tonight that I won a kindle! Yeah!

This blog that i read daily ... well the lady who runs out got a kindle fire. And she decided to give away her gently used kindle. It looks like it's a basic 6 inch screen with no 3G (not sure what that means). But the pic she posted has a keyboard (not sure what you do with that). This lady is very reliable (she's sent me stuff before). So i know she will send it (she's already de-registered it).

The only crazy thing is that i have a funny feeling my mom bought me a kindle. The crazier part is that i think she did this today. Not sure what to do. She knows i don't like surprises. So not sure why she wouldn't tell me. But she did say she had to go to Bureau En Gros this morning and that she couldn't tell me why.

I guess i will have to ask her tomorrow!

Jennifer

« Reply #138 on: December 10, 2011, 05:56:08 PM »

Dang! This one-hour limit on long-in time drives me nuts. Just wrote a long-winded post to DR Jeanne (Miss K longwinded?! Never! Hah-hahaha!) -- and hit the post button and had one of those "don't ya hate it when it happens moment" -- shoot, yeah! -- got a you can so longer post type message (dang and shoot are my family friendly edits, I think you know what I really said, and in my strongest Texanese).

There's a little box to tick on the login screen that says "always stay logged in."  No time limit that way.  ;)

That's what i do too. Only click the other box if i'm not on my computer.

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #139 on: December 10, 2011, 05:56:30 PM »

How is your mouth doing, DR Druxy?

A lot better than I thought it would be.

I'm just wonder what to do with that big hole in my upper mouth.

Maybe I'll use it for storage.

::)
You can dream…or you can do.

Jennifer

« Reply #140 on: December 10, 2011, 05:58:29 PM »

OMG the smell of skunk would drive me mad.

And i wouldn't be able to put anything perfumy to de-smell my stuff.

Cillaliz

« Reply #141 on: December 10, 2011, 05:58:41 PM »

The funds were raised for a group that has a goal to insure that every child has a Christmas gift. Their goal was $125,000, but I"m sure they raised more than that. People were putting $5000 and $10,000 checks into the hat when it was passed.

The Little Yellow Dog Auction is part of it.  While I'm not a fan of auctioning live dogs, this one is really different.   The least I know of that was paid was last year in the middle of a blizzard and that was $10,000.   This year was a record.  The dogs have always gone to very good homes.  At the dinner afterward (the band was included since we participated)  Stoney was already being cuddled, played with by the young girls and was being sneaked pieces of filet mignon by one of the men.   He's going to be a very happy dog.   My guess is he may also get to play at the baseball field with the Explorers.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2011, 06:01:39 PM by Cillaliz »

Jane

« Reply #142 on: December 10, 2011, 05:59:56 PM »

How do they guarantee the dog gets a good home?  $45,000.00 wow!

Jane

« Reply #143 on: December 10, 2011, 06:01:45 PM »

This blog that i read daily ... well the lady who runs out got a kindle fire. And she decided to give away her gently used kindle. It looks like it's a basic 6 inch screen with no 3G (not sure what that means). But the pic she posted has a keyboard (not sure what you do with that). This lady is very reliable (she's sent me stuff before). So i know she will send it (she's already de-registered it).

The only crazy thing is that i have a funny feeling my mom bought me a kindle. The crazier part is that i think she did this today. Not sure what to do. She knows i don't like surprises. So not sure why she wouldn't tell me. But she did say she had to go to Bureau En Gros this morning and that she couldn't tell me why.

Congratulations on your win!

If your mother did get you a kindle is it for Chanukah?  If so do you expect to know what gifts you will receive beforehand?

Jane

« Reply #144 on: December 10, 2011, 06:02:48 PM »

How is your mouth doing, DR Druxy?

A lot better than I thought it would be.

I'm just wonder what to do with that big hole in my upper mouth.

Maybe I'll use it for storage.

::)

Get a tooth implanted to fill in the space.  I'm glad you are doing ok.

Cillaliz

« Reply #145 on: December 10, 2011, 06:03:07 PM »

How do they guarantee the dog gets a good home?  $45,000.00 wow!

I don't know that they guarantee they'll get a good home.  But if you paid $45,000 for a dog, my guess is you'd be good to it. 

Jane

« Reply #146 on: December 10, 2011, 06:03:23 PM »

OMG the smell of skunk would drive me mad.

And i wouldn't be able to put anything perfumy to de-smell my stuff.

An enzyme cleaner is what should have been used to launder everything.

Jane

« Reply #147 on: December 10, 2011, 06:04:01 PM »

The funds were raised for a group that has a goal to insure that every child has a Christmas gift. Their goal was $125,000, but I"m sure they raised more than that. People were putting $5000 and $10,000 checks into the hat when it was passed.

The Little Yellow Dog Auction is part of it.  While I'm not a fan of auctioning live dogs, this one is really different.   The least I know of that was paid was last year in the middle of a blizzard and that was $10,000.   This year was a record.  The dogs have always gone to very good homes.  At the dinner afterward (the band was included since we participated)  Stoney was already being cuddled, played with by the young girls and was being sneaked pieces of filet mignon by one of the men.   He's going to be a very happy dog.   My guess is he may also get to play at the baseball field with the Explorers.

:)

Jennifer

« Reply #148 on: December 10, 2011, 06:05:49 PM »

Congratulations on your win!

If your mother did get you a kindle is it for Chanukah?  If so do you expect to know what gifts you will receive beforehand?

I always pick my own gifts. I just like what i like.

Normally she would not buy something without telling me. But i don't get why she couldn't tell me what she was getting at Bureau en Gros. And we had looked at the kindle there last week. And i said i really wanted it.  Maybe she didn't get it. It's just odd that we were there last week looking at it and then today she had to rush off there and said she couldn't tell me why.

Jennifer

« Reply #149 on: December 10, 2011, 06:06:32 PM »

DR Jane, anyhow i'll ask her tomorrow why she was at Bureau en Gros (Staples) and go from there.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up