Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down

Author Topic: THE DONUT EFFECT  (Read 2906 times)

cillaliz

• Like so much fish!
Re: THE DONUT EFFECT
« Reply #120 on: June 19, 2020, 10:34:35 PM »

Page 5!

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #121 on: June 19, 2020, 10:35:21 PM »

Hello all.  Thanks for the good wishes for my mom. She's continuing to improve.  We had several offers on their lake home and accepted one a couple days ago.  She had been using the equity in the lake home to pay expenses, now the loans will be paid off and she'll have enough to carry her expenses for care for at least a couple years.   It's a huge relief for all of us.  It will close mid July, but we don't foresee any problems. This is very good news as it is amazingly expensive to have 24 hour in home care, but that's where she wants to be - so that's where she'll be!

Congrats on accepting an offer and vibes all goes well.

cillaliz

• Like so much fish!
« Reply #122 on: June 19, 2020, 10:36:03 PM »

It's late here, I better be signing off.  Take care everyone. 

cillaliz

• Like so much fish!
« Reply #123 on: June 19, 2020, 10:36:52 PM »

Hello all.  Thanks for the good wishes for my mom. She's continuing to improve.  We had several offers on their lake home and accepted one a couple days ago.  She had been using the equity in the lake home to pay expenses, now the loans will be paid off and she'll have enough to carry her expenses for care for at least a couple years.   It's a huge relief for all of us.  It will close mid July, but we don't foresee any problems. This is very good news as it is amazingly expensive to have 24 hour in home care, but that's where she wants to be - so that's where she'll be!

Thanks.  it's really a big deal for the family, both saying goodbye to the lake and knowing mom will have the funds for her care

Jane

« Reply #124 on: June 19, 2020, 10:38:04 PM »

We are allowed to have all businesses open here.  Restaurants are allowed to have 100% capacity.  A lot of places are still limiting it. I haven't gone out to eat in so I don't know if they are asking people to wear masks.  I've been going to stores, the jail (we talk to our clients through the glass for now as there are covid cases there) and lots of other places.  I don't generally wear a mask as I find it's not that hard to socially distance.   The numbers here are still going down, of course we had massive testing going on when other places didn't have any

100% capacity, wow.  I am also impressed you were able to have massive testing. 

Jane

« Reply #125 on: June 19, 2020, 10:39:52 PM »

Thanks.  it's really a big deal for the family, both saying goodbye to the lake and knowing mom will have the funds for her care

Yes, bittersweet.   I can appreciate the relief you are feeling.

cillaliz

• Like so much fish!
« Reply #126 on: June 19, 2020, 10:40:08 PM »

Oh I was going to add one thing to my Covid stuff. While businesses and restaurants are allowed to be open here.Not all of them are and the only sports going on are high school baseball and softball.  Pretty much all events are cancelled for the year, from concerts, to pro baseball to what have you.  So there is still caution going on, and some businesses opened and then closed when employees tested positive, so it's been a learning curve
« Last Edit: June 19, 2020, 10:47:41 PM by cillaliz »

cillaliz

• Like so much fish!
« Reply #127 on: June 19, 2020, 10:41:51 PM »

We are allowed to have all businesses open here.  Restaurants are allowed to have 100% capacity.  A lot of places are still limiting it. I haven't gone out to eat in so I don't know if they are asking people to wear masks.  I've been going to stores, the jail (we talk to our clients through the glass for now as there are covid cases there) and lots of other places.  I don't generally wear a mask as I find it's not that hard to socially distance.   The numbers here are still going down, of course we had massive testing going on when other places didn't have any

Our two local hospitals set up their own testing very early on.  I think that's part of the reason we were leading the country in numbers per capita for so long.  Our numbers and hospitalizations are down, so something must be working

cillaliz

• Like so much fish!
« Reply #128 on: June 19, 2020, 10:44:28 PM »

One thing that hasn't been cancelled is road construction....don't even get me started.  And now they are replacing the elevators in the building I work in.  Since I'm on the 6th floor and don't want to chance the one working elevator, I'll be working at home until that's done.

cillaliz

• Like so much fish!
« Reply #129 on: June 19, 2020, 10:45:03 PM »

Ok, now I'll say good night. 

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #130 on: June 19, 2020, 10:45:41 PM »

Thank you for the vibes Cilla
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

vixmom

« Reply #131 on: June 19, 2020, 10:46:10 PM »

Vibesfor your Mom and family too. I know how difficult things are now

vixmom

« Reply #132 on: June 19, 2020, 10:46:54 PM »

I saw your posting for the lake house it’s so beautiful, I am not surprised it sold, a shameyou couldn’t keep it in the family

cillaliz

• Like so much fish!
« Reply #133 on: June 19, 2020, 10:50:55 PM »

I saw your posting for the lake house it’s so beautiful, I am not surprised it sold, a shameyou couldn’t keep it in the family

Yes, but the values there have skyrocketed, the taxes alone have gone crazy and the place needs work, I wouldn't use it much and my brother and his wife have decided they would rather travel than spending all the money for taxes and upkeep.  Mom and Dad bought it as an investment for their future care, that future is here.   

cillaliz

• Like so much fish!
« Reply #134 on: June 19, 2020, 10:52:55 PM »

Vibesfor your Mom and family too. I know how difficult things are now

Thank you. I feel the same way when I read the posts about your mom.

Jane

« Reply #135 on: June 19, 2020, 10:53:21 PM »

Our two local hospitals set up their own testing very early on.  I think that's part of the reason we were leading the country in numbers per capita for so long.  Our numbers and hospitalizations are down, so something must be working

By testing more people it just made your numbers more accurate and hopefully people more careful.

Jane

« Reply #136 on: June 19, 2020, 10:55:00 PM »

Yes, but the values there have skyrocketed, the taxes alone have gone crazy and the place needs work, I wouldn't use it much and my brother and his wife have decided they would rather travel than spending all the money for taxes and upkeep.  Mom and Dad bought it as an investment for their future care, that future is here.   

Nice there investment paid off.

Jane

« Reply #137 on: June 19, 2020, 10:55:16 PM »

'night

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #138 on: June 19, 2020, 11:28:55 PM »

Good evening.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #139 on: June 19, 2020, 11:29:11 PM »

No new cat!
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #140 on: June 19, 2020, 11:29:25 PM »

No new dog.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #141 on: June 19, 2020, 11:30:28 PM »

No new bunny, although there was one really cute one.
“One thing’s universal,

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #142 on: June 19, 2020, 11:30:48 PM »

And now, I'm off.  My mom called, asking if I could get some sodas to bring in addition to the mini cheesecakes.  She said that Fred Meyer is having a sale, so if there's anything in stock at FM, I'll get some, then head to my parents' house.  If the Tumwater FM doesn't have any (or enough), I can stop at the Lacey store, which is also on the way.

Be back later.

Well, I got the diet Pepsis at Fred Meyer on sale, and then I hied myself to my parents' house.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #143 on: June 19, 2020, 11:31:09 PM »

Hi, Tom.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #144 on: June 19, 2020, 11:31:47 PM »

We had lasagna and salad for dinner, then my mini cheesecakes for dessert.

George

« Reply #145 on: June 19, 2020, 11:32:32 PM »

It was all quite good.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #146 on: June 19, 2020, 11:34:28 PM »

Nobody mentions not touching your face anymore.
“One thing’s universal,

George

« Reply #147 on: June 19, 2020, 11:34:42 PM »

Before dinner, I went to the local WinCo (just up the street from where my parents live) to get some paper plates, and strawberries for the cheesecakes.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #148 on: June 19, 2020, 11:36:01 PM »

That was the number one “no-no” for a long time.
“One thing’s universal,

George

« Reply #149 on: June 19, 2020, 11:37:06 PM »

Have fun DR GEORGE.

MR BK is bathing in music lately.......

Thanks, Jrand!  I did!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up