Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down

Author Topic: DEEP SENTENCES  (Read 26592 times)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
Re:DEEP SENTENCES
« Reply #150 on: February 19, 2004, 05:27:04 PM »

My sister Molly Scattered Sun does dream interpretations!

DRJOSE - do not melt away to nuttin'!!!!!

MATTH there are other delights awaiting you on the tape!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Dan-in-Toronto

« Reply #151 on: February 19, 2004, 05:28:20 PM »

Wecome DR Dan (The Man)

Dan-in-Toronto

« Reply #152 on: February 19, 2004, 05:29:40 PM »

DR Panni,

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]YESVIBESIGENVIBESYESVIBES[/move]
« Last Edit: February 19, 2004, 05:31:07 PM by Dan-in-Toronto »

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #153 on: February 19, 2004, 05:30:22 PM »

Good evening!

Back from class - We handed out the duets tonight.  We told them on Tuesday that we would be handing out the duets Thursday, tonight.  So... Of course, half the class forgot to bring their tape recorders, and the other half forgot to bring their tapes and/or their batteries were running low.  Should be very interesting come Tuesday when they're supposed to run over them for the first time.  In class!  Well, most of them will probably forget their sheet music, so...

-Actually, it's not that bad a situation, but it just continues to amaze me how lazy and "forgetful" the generation or two behind me is/can be at times.  Now, I'm not saying my generation was full of get-up-and-goers - heck, I think they coined the term "slacker" for some of my peers - but the lack of energy and drive is discouraging at times.

This is a fairly good bunch of "kids", and at least they were excited about their duet selections.  Everything from "Two Lost Souls" to "Baby, Dream Your Dream" to "What Would I Do?".

Just had dinner - Well, if it smells like ropa vieja... and it looks like ropa vieja... and it shreds like ropa vieja... and, most importantly, if it tastes like ropa vieja... Then that's what we'll call it!  I mean what's we'll call my Mexican style pot roast.  And, thankfully, the heat level did mellow out some.  Of course, for real ropa vieja (or "shredded rags" - since that is what it resembles.. hmmm..) it should be a little spicier, so... maybe tomorrow... and/or Saturday... Hmm...  *I may have to go back to the kitchen in a little bit and get another spoonful from the pot.. hmm..

Oh, and back to AI for another sec or two... The one thing that made me laugh out loud while Camile was singing was the "tear" drop gesture she did with her index finger... the same one she did when she performed the song on Tuesday night.  At least it's good to know she rehearsed her routine... I mean song.. I mean performance...
Make Your Own Luck.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #154 on: February 19, 2004, 05:32:48 PM »

Then there are the dreams–Most notable the one where I was back in Egypt and saw a boy with a princes lock on his head.  He had a scroll in his hand and the stupid seal had broken off.  It was like I was there–floating in the corner of the room.  I could see everything.  The linen sheets hung from between the columns of the temple moving in slight breeze.

I felt hot and could taste sand in my mouth but I couldn’t do anything.  I heard the “slap/slap” sound of reed sandals (don’t ask me how I knew they were made of reeds–I just did) on the marble floor, coming to where the boy was.  I remember screaming at him to use the candle wax to reattach the seal because if “they” came and saw it broken, “they” would kill him but he couldn’t hear me.

I woke up in a cold sweat at the moment what looked like a high priest stepped into the room.

Weird, huh?  But I’ve never forgotten it.  How's that for deep?  :D

Have you ever explored the possibility of past life regression?  I've never experienced anything like that at all, but I would never say that it's not true.  Maybe what you experienced isn't "just a dream." ::)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #155 on: February 19, 2004, 05:40:17 PM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]YES YES YES vibes to DR PANNI!!![/move]

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #156 on: February 19, 2004, 05:41:27 PM »

DR Danise - I have seen it happen in sessions with Molly many times.....I don't know how much I believe and accept it.....but I sure have seen it happen!!!

Dan-in-Toronto

« Reply #157 on: February 19, 2004, 05:42:25 PM »

Something interesting occurred today. For many years I made frequent trips to the pharmacy for my mom's numerous prescriptions - a staggering amount. Usually one of two clerks waited on me at the pharmacy. There was "H," who was always friendly and pleasant. And then there was "N," who simply waited on me and barely said a word other than what was necessary to complete the transaction.

Today I finally bundled up the leftover meds and brought them to the pharmacy. Both "H" and "N" were at the desk. I told them that my mom had passed away, and these were the leftover medications. "H" nodded gently, but "N" just about burst into tears and told me over and over how very sorry she was.

Danise

« Reply #158 on: February 19, 2004, 05:42:40 PM »

I've thought of that, George, but I don't know.  I may have just eaten something that didn't agree with me--Hey, "A Christmas Carol" reference!

Speaking of dreaming.  I think I'm going to go do some.  

'Night everyone!  As Dr. Paul Bearer used to say, "Pleasent screems!"

;D
« Last Edit: February 19, 2004, 05:49:57 PM by Danise »
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #159 on: February 19, 2004, 06:14:49 PM »

Dan-in-Toronto -- sorry to hear you have such problems with geese. I still think they are beautiful and I'll always get excited seeing them fly overhead.  And yes, I've been "goosed" several times, although not by a Canada goose.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

MBarnum

« Reply #160 on: February 19, 2004, 06:18:31 PM »

On a related note to todays Motown discussion, Doris Troy of "Just One Look" fame passed away Monday of emphysema in Las Vegas. She was 67.

MBarnum

« Reply #161 on: February 19, 2004, 06:19:39 PM »

Good "yes" vibes to Panni!

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes  ;D  :D  :)[/move]

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #162 on: February 19, 2004, 06:26:49 PM »

Thanks for sharing the story DinTO

Michael

« Reply #163 on: February 19, 2004, 06:29:42 PM »

This is what the picture is. i thought it would have been readable. It gave me a good laugh and I needed one.
Never stop dreaming.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #164 on: February 19, 2004, 06:42:28 PM »

Ummm... What do the *** stand for?  -Really, I can't figure them out.  I have some ideas, but...  "did not get EATEN" "did not get COOKED"  - what four-letter word fits? ???

Sorry, but **** simply meant that the dish wasn't four  star
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #165 on: February 19, 2004, 06:47:21 PM »

Sounds like a BARGAIN to me!!!

What else would it be used for except entertaining?  ;D
« Last Edit: February 19, 2004, 06:47:52 PM by JRand53 »

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #166 on: February 19, 2004, 07:15:55 PM »

Thanks for all the good vibes, DRs!

Dan-in-To - your pharmacy story proves once again that people cannot be "read." Which is why writing about them is such fun.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2004, 07:17:29 PM by Panni »

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #167 on: February 19, 2004, 07:16:50 PM »

Jane - Glad you got the book. I don't think it will scare you. It's totally engrossing.

Dan-in-Toronto

« Reply #168 on: February 19, 2004, 07:24:49 PM »

Kirstie Alley has never been among my favorite actresses. But I just watched Without A Trace, and in it she gave a powerful performance. All is forgiven - even those Pier 1 commercials.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #169 on: February 19, 2004, 07:28:36 PM »

Kirstie Alley in "Drop Dead Gorgeous" .... fine performance in a movie of outstanding actresses!

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #170 on: February 19, 2004, 07:32:42 PM »

Dan-in-Toronto, did you want to laugh or cry?  People can be very interesting.

Danise I’m also finding I’m not as “sensitive” as I once was.  I miss it at times.

Michael Shayne that tops all of the numerous typos we have found in our local paper. LOL

Panni I think I should send the book on to Danise once I have finished reading it.

Off to watch something with Keith.  Good night.

Jennifer

« Reply #171 on: February 19, 2004, 07:42:41 PM »

Good vibes to DR Panni ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Interesting discussion about dreams. I find sometimes I don't remember any of my dreams for a while. Then I will have some very vivid ones. I find it helps a lot to write them down as soon as I wake up (even if it's in the middle of the night). Or I just say it over in my head.

Tomovoz

« Reply #172 on: February 19, 2004, 07:51:19 PM »

On a related note to todays Motown discussion, Doris Troy of "Just One Look" fame passed away Monday of emphysema in Las Vegas. She was 67.
Sad news. Doris recorded for Atlantic. She was a friend of my favourtie pop singer, Dusty Springfield
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #173 on: February 19, 2004, 07:55:24 PM »

The best of OZ vibes to Panni.

I very rarely have dreams that worry me but I dream a lot and do tend to remember them in the morning unless I am distracted before I articulate them. Colin claims to never dream - I guess he just never remembers. "Light" sleepers of course have more REM time.
Superstitious: Not really.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #174 on: February 19, 2004, 08:21:37 PM »

MATTH there are other delights awaiting you on the tape!

Oh, yes, I know. How well I know. But they will have to wait for another day. I'm leaving midafternoon tomorrow for an overnight trip to see the mother of a dear friend play Clairee in a stage production of STEEL MAGNOLIAS. So, after tomorrow morning, I'll be E&T for the better part of a day.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #175 on: February 19, 2004, 09:09:04 PM »

Good evening!

-Just sitting here, sipping a cup of Licorice Spice herbal tea (sooooo good and soothing), and flipping between Letterman and Good Eats (the prime rib show - very interesting use for a terra cotta planter)... The dishes are washed, the leftovers are in the fridge, and I'm still amazed I've been up for about 16 hours!  *By this time yesterday, I would only have been up for 12 hours, so...

DR Jennifer - Atkins makes a few flavors of ice cream as part of their "Endulge" line.  Some other companies are also in the low-carb ice cream biz.  There is one brand at Wal-Mart that isn't too bad - and comes in some neat flavors besides the usual chocolate and vanilla.  They are definitely not real ice cream, and they also have a very light mouth feel from being whipped up (lots of air - there's a technical term for that but I can't remember it right now).  But, for now, it will do.  *I'm partial to the Atkins Chocolate Peanut Butter Swirl.

Well, it's back to Letterman... the tea is done... then off to bed...

Goodnight.
Make Your Own Luck.

td

• td
« Reply #176 on: February 19, 2004, 09:26:25 PM »

Hello Night Nurse td. Hope all is well.

Hello yourself!  How're things down under?
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #177 on: February 19, 2004, 09:53:19 PM »

Well, this is an evening that didn't go exactly as planned.

We headed out, to check on our post office box and all the old mail that had been forwarded to us.  This was followed by a visit to WalMart, and then I had to suggest that we drop by our favorite, the Purple Parrot, to see how our favorite at our favorite, Violet at the Purple Parrot (I'm not making up these names) was doing.

But when we got to the PP, it wasn't Violet but Hugh, the owner, who was behind the bar.  And we like Hugh.  And this led to der Brucer getting into a conversation with the guy on the next bar stool, who turns out to be a neighbor, sorta, who knows about construction and groundfill...

One conversation led to another, and we got out of there after three Rob Roys each.  I've had a bit of a nap already, after making sure der B had some dinner.  I think it's nappy time again.  We'll catch up tomorrow.

:D

::)

:-\

(By the by, Hugh is kinda cute.  But we're both taken.)
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #178 on: February 19, 2004, 10:16:32 PM »

Good evening!

...................... They are definitely not real ice cream, and they also have a very light mouth feel from being whipped up (lots of air - there's a technical term for that but I can't remember it right now).  

A technical term?  Hmmm, let's see...... Airy?

“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Jed

« Reply #179 on: February 19, 2004, 10:18:03 PM »

Thanks much for the larger picture, Michael Shayne!  The best such typo I recall from my hometown paper was the caption above a picture of a half-dozen young Camp Fire Girls who had headed up some food drive.  The caption... "Sex Girls Help the Needy"  ::)

I hardly ever remember any dreams when I wake up.  Very sound sleeper, I am, so not as much REM, I suppose.

Huge ol' YES vibes to DR Panni!!!
I sat beside the class clown... and I studied him
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up