Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: THE BEST IS YET TO COME  (Read 24708 times)

td

• td
Re:THE BEST IS YET TO COME
« Reply #120 on: August 15, 2005, 02:16:51 PM »

BEDAZZLED soundtrack available for free download at:

http://recordbrother.typepad.com/imagesilike/vinyl_sharity/

and for those with an interest in cult, flop musicals, CARRIE is available here:

http://www.jacksretail.com/carrie/
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

td

• td
« Reply #121 on: August 15, 2005, 02:18:53 PM »

a page FIVE dance:
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #122 on: August 15, 2005, 02:28:08 PM »

I just finsihed Harry Potter.  That's all I'm going to say!

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #123 on: August 15, 2005, 02:37:39 PM »

For Jane:

IT MUST BE IN THERE SOMEWHERE!

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #124 on: August 15, 2005, 02:38:54 PM »

For DearReaderLaura:

THAT FIRST STEP IS A BIG ONE!

der Brucer

DERBRUCER

« Reply #125 on: August 15, 2005, 02:40:10 PM »

For Jose:

WHAT IS IT ABOUT QUIET YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND!

der Brucer

DERBRUCER

« Reply #126 on: August 15, 2005, 02:41:24 PM »

And now, for MBARNUM:

SECURITY!

der Brucer

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #127 on: August 15, 2005, 03:03:48 PM »

I wonder...

...why wonder why...wonder?
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #128 on: August 15, 2005, 03:04:27 PM »

Amazon has notified me my Astaire/Rogers DVD box set has been shipped!

Joy!

Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #129 on: August 15, 2005, 03:05:08 PM »

I wonder if DR Matt H got his kitchen floor mopped properly this past weekend.

He told us he was dreading doing it, but I don't recall reading that it got done.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #130 on: August 15, 2005, 03:12:02 PM »

"Big Brother 6" Spoilage:

The deed is done.  Kaysar is nominated.

Janelle was furious and read the riot act to Jennifer.  Rachel got a few things off her chest.  Kaysar was mad but the worst probably hasn't come from him.

James and the bitches (that's April, Ivette, Maggie, Jenn and Beau --- or, JamBitch, as I am now referring to them) sat around a table and worked themselves into a frenzy of convincing themselves that their lies have been true and that they've played the game right and that Kaysar and the others have played badly.

JamBitch is very sensitive to some comments Rachel made to Jenn about having put the spotlight on herself.  The funny thing is, Jenn and April and Ivette are absolutely CERTAIN they're going to be "stars" and "darlings" when the show ends.  Hah!

Jenn and April have continued to deny, among Jambitch, that they NEVER proposed backdooring Ivette last week...it was all Howie and Rachel and that Kaysar had this coming because of it.

Rationalizations are wonderful things...but JamBitch is out of its freaking head with irrationality, IMO.

Time will tell what happens.  

I'd love to see Kaysar, Janelle, Howie and Rachel pack and leave the house tonight....leaving JamBitch alone to suddenly ponder what they have not pondered (all except the splendidly devious mastermind James) -- what happens when it's just them alone....who gets nominated?  How do they turn on one another?

Sigh.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #131 on: August 15, 2005, 03:20:23 PM »

I've written five pages today, and am in the final three or four pages, I think.  Hard to know, though, since this part of the story is dialogue driven.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #132 on: August 15, 2005, 03:21:09 PM »

I'm getting hungry.  Perhaps I shall go out and pay a visit to a fast-food emporium or perhaps I'll go to Von's and see what goodies they might have there.

Cillaliz

« Reply #133 on: August 15, 2005, 04:13:41 PM »

The deed is done.  Kaysar is nominated.

Janelle was furious and read the riot act to Jennifer.  Rachel got a few things off her chest.  Kaysar was mad but the worst probably hasn't come from him.

James and the bitches (that's April, Ivette, Maggie, Jenn and Beau --- or, JamBitch, as I am now referring to them) sat around a table and worked themselves into a frenzy of convincing themselves that their lies have been true and that they've played the game right and that Kaysar and the others have played badly.

JamBitch is very sensitive to some comments Rachel made to Jenn about having put the spotlight on herself.  The funny thing is, Jenn and April and Ivette are absolutely CERTAIN they're going to be "stars" and "darlings" when the show ends.  Hah!

Jenn and April have continued to deny, among Jambitch, that they NEVER proposed backdooring Ivette last week...it was all Howie and Rachel and that Kaysar had this coming because of it.

Rationalizations are wonderful things...but JamBitch is out of its freaking head with irrationality, IMO.

Time will tell what happens.  

I'd love to see Kaysar, Janelle, Howie and Rachel pack and leave the house tonight....leaving JamBitch alone to suddenly ponder what they have not pondered (all except the splendidly devious mastermind James) -- what happens when it's just them alone....who gets nominated?  How do they turn on one another?

Sigh.

Yes, it's inevitible that JamBitch (I like that) will have to turn on itself. I can't wait to see it happen. I would love to see Janelle win HOH next week. Wouldn't that be sweet!~

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #134 on: August 15, 2005, 04:20:15 PM »

Today is National Lemon Merangue Pie Day!
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #135 on: August 15, 2005, 04:55:11 PM »

Sorry about mixing up the names Janelle & Jennifer.  You guys DID know what I meant.  I've gone by and corrected it for jane-and-johnny-come-latelies.

I tuned in for a bit and saw Maggie and Ivette sitting at an outside table talking to Kaysar, Rachel and Howie.

Apparently, Howie totally exploded...VENTED is the word he used...at April.  April accused him of being "jealous" of her...and he ridiculed her "fat husband" and "f***ing ugly dog" and asked if that was what he was supposed to be jealous of.

I cannot wait to read John Powell's transcript of that...if he uses it...he sometimes leaves ugly things out.

Maggie seemed visibly shaken and asked what they were supposed to do.  It was suggested they get off their high horses about being the "moral" ones who play with "integrity" and face the truth that they are liars.  Kaysar suggested Jenn's nomination of him today was the lowest thing anyone had ever done on BB since she swore on her life that she was nominating James...and not only that, but it violated the pact they had from the week before.

I'm sure cooler heads will say, "It's only a game and Kaysar should never have taken his finger off the button."  "He should have known never to have trusted Jenn."  I know I cringed when he did it.

Howie, on the other hand, has told them they better fight for their lives come next HOH...because if they don't win, it won't be pretty for them.

Or at least, that's how I heard what he said (which wasn't as cold or threatening...but I heard what I wanted to hear from him).

« Last Edit: August 15, 2005, 04:56:39 PM by Ron Pulliam »

Jennifer

« Reply #136 on: August 15, 2005, 05:08:30 PM »

BB LIVE FEED SPOILERS!

This board has some interesting comments about howie's explosion:

http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID34/671.shtml

OMG, I cannot wait to watch that aired.  I hear it was fantastic. He totally ripped into Yapril.  And apparently Maggot was taken down a peg or two. I really cannot stand these two (and jen). Totally lying witches.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #137 on: August 15, 2005, 05:24:31 PM »

There's a "MerEngue" (Cha Cha Cha), a "MerIngue" (yum, yum, yum) but, alas, tain't no "MerAngue (sob, sob, sob).

der Brucer (who'll get no pie tonight!)

Jason

« Reply #138 on: August 15, 2005, 05:33:46 PM »

After being away for a month, my Greek is back in New York City! Huzzah!!

Matthew

« Reply #139 on: August 15, 2005, 05:38:18 PM »

DR Jason, that cool.  Does he know he's your greek?  :P

Matthew

« Reply #140 on: August 15, 2005, 05:38:46 PM »

The Greek's in town... Brandy Bottle Bates

FJL

« Reply #141 on: August 15, 2005, 05:40:56 PM »

So eerie that someone would mention the merengue and the cha-cha.  I was just looking at Barry Manilow ticket availability, and all the while "Copacabana" was going through my head.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #142 on: August 15, 2005, 06:09:11 PM »

I’m so glad I didn’t see this before doing my errands, I might have had to stop for some. ;D  I’m trying to be careful what I eat and stay away from junk food.  I have been indulging too the last couple of weeks.  As a result I haven’t been feeling too great.  

THANK YOU for the darling photos!!  I keep scrolling back to look at them again. :)  I’m sure td will love the Husky pups as much as I do.

Jane

« Reply #143 on: August 15, 2005, 06:16:37 PM »

Bruce, excellent vibes and xylophones so that the best can go your way.                

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #144 on: August 15, 2005, 06:23:12 PM »

That's what I'M talkin' about!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #145 on: August 15, 2005, 06:25:36 PM »

I was going to get an earlyish start on watching a DVD - I put in a relatively short film that just arrived - a region 2 DVD of Alistair MacLean's When Eight Bells Toll, which is spoken very highly of.  I began watching it, got about five minutes in and the next thing I know the phone is ringing and it's over an hour later and at least six of the eight bells have already tolled.  Can you believe it.  For whom the bell tolls, baby, that's what I'M talkin' about.  The caller was Cindy Williams - we had a nice chat and we'll be chatting again in the morning.  

Jane

« Reply #146 on: August 15, 2005, 06:26:06 PM »

;D :D

Jason

« Reply #147 on: August 15, 2005, 06:26:22 PM »

DR Jason, that cool.  Does he know he's your greek?  :P

No, the Greek is unaware. I wish I had the nerve to tell said Greek, but alas, I am the proverbial chicken.

FJL: Barry's in town?? When!?!

And by strange coincidence, my Greek played a lead role in the national tour of COPACABANA.

FJL

« Reply #148 on: August 15, 2005, 06:33:24 PM »

Jason - Not in NY, i'm trying to map out a trip to Vegas for November or December.  Hoping to time it so that I can see Barry Manilow and Ka and Avenue Q.  Good Ka availability seems to be the biggest sticking point so far.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #149 on: August 15, 2005, 06:33:37 PM »

Oy, did we have a busy weekend.  Adair and I did a fund-raiser Saturday for the theater company where the Bacharach show played.  Classic music director story that Jose and Larry at least will appreciate.  I'm standing off to the side and some guy walks up to me and starts to say "Great piano playi--"  He gets that far, sees Adair standing behind me, and I am forgotten like a piece of trash on the highway.  He moves directly onto Adair to shower her with praise without even finishing his sentence to me.   :D

Jeff, if it makes you feel any better, I think I pushed Adair out of the way so I could talk to you.  Different strokes..........
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Up