Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10   Go Down

Author Topic: THE GLORIOUSLY GLORIOUS VERY LONG WEEKEND  (Read 22620 times)

Tomovoz

Re:THE GLORIOUSLY GLORIOUS VERY LONG WEEKEND
« Reply #240 on: May 28, 2004, 10:09:34 PM »

There is a "slothful owl" somewhere in that waffle!
And I thought I had done quite well with malheur.

A dingue has my baby.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #241 on: May 28, 2004, 10:15:15 PM »

Panni: Cartoons and Cherry Coke? That's what I did today too! What cartoons did you watch?
The mountains are pretty.

"I'm gonna put the little fish in the big tank, and the big fish in the little tank." -- talkative bus driver

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #242 on: May 28, 2004, 10:17:13 PM »

good evening everyone.

It might be an early bedtime for me tonight.  I'm not used to being up at 7 am, so now I'm feeling rather tired.  

don't have much to say...just wanted to put in a post before I went to bed.  :)

François de Paris

« Reply #243 on: May 28, 2004, 10:19:11 PM »

Good evening !! ... and 7:20 am here?!

Top of the morning to y'll!!!

François de Paris

« Reply #244 on: May 28, 2004, 10:21:07 PM »

Cartoons and Cherry Coke.... sounds like a title to an old European Song Contest Entry to me!

European what????
« Last Edit: May 28, 2004, 10:21:50 PM by François de Paris »

Tomovoz

« Reply #245 on: May 28, 2004, 10:21:19 PM »

3.20pm here. Good afternoon.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #246 on: May 28, 2004, 10:22:53 PM »

Eurovision songs have never been that complicated François.
James Thurber 1957

François de Paris

« Reply #247 on: May 28, 2004, 10:23:44 PM »

Page Nine!

Dance, Ballerina, Dance!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #248 on: May 28, 2004, 10:24:25 PM »

Well Western Washington had yet another funnel cloud tonight.  They used to be very rare in Washington, but we have had like seven twisters in the last few weeks.  Very weird, and kind of  scary!  And WICKED has not even started touring yet!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

François de Paris

« Reply #249 on: May 28, 2004, 10:25:13 PM »

You mean.... Cartoons and Cherry Coke sounds... complicated?

Flavorless Cartoons and Diet Cherry Flourless Coke, YES!

François de Paris

« Reply #250 on: May 28, 2004, 10:26:38 PM »

Oh!

Aliteration....Well Western Washington

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #251 on: May 28, 2004, 10:26:48 PM »

Panni: Cartoons and Cherry Coke? That's what I did today too! What cartoons did you watch?

I think I am not at liberty to say, Sandra. I'm a judge for the Humanitas Prize. -- Awards given for films and TV shows which "affirm the dignity of human beings, probe the meaning of life, reveal in each person  the common humanity of every other person..." In other words, the kinds of films and TV shows which are RARE. Aside from being prestigious, these prizes come with fairly large checks. The judges (trustees, actually) are an invited group.
The awards ceremony is in July. We're getting together next week for dinner to discuss our final votes. (There's no secret handshake.) So, the long answer to your short question is that I'm watching some animated shows and feature length pieces to arrive at the winners.

François de Paris

« Reply #252 on: May 28, 2004, 10:27:50 PM »

... and what about Western Washington Waffles????

Panni

« Reply #253 on: May 28, 2004, 10:27:54 PM »

Good afternoon, Tom!

Tomovoz

« Reply #254 on: May 28, 2004, 10:32:14 PM »

Eurovison winners: Boom Bang a bang, Un Deux Trois. Ding Dinge Dong, Diggy-Loo Diggy-Ley, A Ba Ni Bi.
Lyrics that are "Complicated" indeed.
James Thurber 1957

Panni

« Reply #255 on: May 28, 2004, 10:32:32 PM »

Francois - I'm curious. I wasn't around when you first came to HHW, so I know nothing about you. Were you born in France? Have you lived in the US?

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #256 on: May 28, 2004, 10:33:31 PM »

The coleslaw is made, the potato salad is made, the cookies are baked.  The season parking pass for downtown is paid for, the season pass to the Delaware State Parks is paid for.  We got books for the grandlads, and we got a Slinky too.  We even got Bonnie and Buster's toenails clipped (and got to say hello to Angel, the sweetheart pit bull, who gave der Brucer a generous face washing).

I'm pooped, I tell you all, pooped!

Going to try to read today's posts.  NINE PAGES!!!   :o
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Tomovoz

« Reply #257 on: May 28, 2004, 10:33:42 PM »

Hello Panni. Were the Cartoon entries wrapped in any strange packages - any more saplings and talking boxes?
James Thurber 1957

François de Paris

« Reply #258 on: May 28, 2004, 10:40:10 PM »

Francois - I'm curious. I wasn't around when you first came to HHW, so I know nothing about you. Were you born in France? Have you lived in the US?

You ARE so lucky! ;D

I'll tell you more tomorrow; i'm almost off -- from work -- and my life is too precious ??? to be summed up in two sentences!

I know, i know! The suspense is going to "kill" you!

Yes, i've lived in the US of A (Florida) for 6 years, as well as in Montréal, like dear reader Michael Shayne, who now lives in Florida...

See y'll, tonight!
Be here or be... sphere! :D

Tomovoz

« Reply #259 on: May 28, 2004, 10:41:44 PM »

Kinek Mondjam El Vetkeimet, Uj Nev A Regi Haz Falan, Miert Kell Hogy Elmenj. A Holnap Mar Nem Lesz Szomoru.
Four of my favourirte songs from the 1990s.
James Thurber 1957

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #260 on: May 28, 2004, 10:41:46 PM »

The scene with the spider in INCREDIBLE SHRINKING MAN always gives me the creeps!

Which reminds me...SWW and DerBrucer did you guys watch ATTACK OF THE PUPPET PEOPLE yet? And if so what did you think of it (If I remember correct you two just bought the DVD...or am I thinking of someone else?)
Don't start, I'm still in trouble for being behind with someone else..... :-\
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #261 on: May 28, 2004, 10:43:26 PM »

A funny story about theater food.  Once I was going to a movie with two friends of mine, but we wanted to eat Chinese for dinner first.  Unfortunately they took FOREVER with our order, and we didn't hae time to eat before we had to leave.  So we got the order to go.  Not wanting to waste good food, we emptied out my school bag (college students always have their school bags nearby, of course) filled it with the various boxes of food, and strolled casually into the theater.  I honestly didn't expect to get away with walking in there with this obviously full bag of stuff that smelled of Kung Pao Tofu and Orange Chicken...but they didn't even blink!  
Eating with chopsticks in a darkened theater is an art!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #262 on: May 28, 2004, 10:44:19 PM »

Thank you to everyone who replied to my cousin question. Two of my cousins (sisters) announced 2 weeks ago that they're pregnant. Neither is married and they both have horrible relationship reputations. I really hope they get married soon, for the sake of my unborn relatives!

SwishySarah, I hope you don't mine my 2¢:  getting married just for the sake of the unborn is absolutely NO reason to get married (not that I know from first hand...but I've seen).  And if both of the sisters "have horrible relationship reputations," it might be for the best that they don't get married at all!  Unmarried parentage is no longer the stigma that it used to be.  It might seem that it is if you live in a small community, but in the world at large, it isn't.  Just a thought from someone who reads Dear Abby EVERY day!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Tomovoz

« Reply #263 on: May 28, 2004, 10:48:01 PM »

TOTD. I am listening to Nino Tempo and April Stevens.
Guess you need to be of a certain age to remember them!
James Thurber 1957

Panni

« Reply #264 on: May 28, 2004, 10:49:41 PM »

No talking boxes, Tom. Well, sometimes boxes talk to me - the smarter ones - but that's another story.
So what's with the Hungie songs? "A Holnap Mar Nem Lesz Szomoru" could be "The Sun will Come Out Tomorrow" - loosely translated.

Tomovoz

« Reply #265 on: May 28, 2004, 10:52:46 PM »

The songs were the only Hungarian entries in the Eurovision Song Festival's 48 year history. You need to know that.
James Thurber 1957

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #266 on: May 28, 2004, 10:53:10 PM »

I remember when you could smoke in a theater!

And you know what surprised me so about being in Washington last week...going into diners and being asked if we wanted smoking or non-smoking! I don't believe that any eating establishments (other then lounges) in Oregon have smoking sections any longer.
Smoking is no longer allowed in bars or restaurants in Delaware.  Period.  And for the most part, everything is just fine and dandy...

Well, there is one teensy little problem.  It seems that the smokers, needing to satisfy their addictive cravings, keep going outside the bars to puff their lungs out.  This leads to an increase in noise levels outside the bars, which has raised a number of complaints from neighbors of the various establishments.

The police aren't handing out dandies.  Just fines.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #267 on: May 28, 2004, 11:14:11 PM »

Saw The Day After Tomorrow this past Wednesday at the 9:30 am show at some multiplex here in Paris, and boy!, am I sorry i did!

The good thing is that they messed up with the reels -- some scenes happened before they should have :o -- which made the story much more interesting and we got free tickets when we left ;D
DR from Oz is working on his own version..... about a HEAT WAVE and will call it : The Day After Tomovoz ;)
New James Bond flic - The Day After Tomovoz Never Dies!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #268 on: May 28, 2004, 11:53:38 PM »

Whar'd everybody go?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #269 on: May 28, 2004, 11:53:52 PM »

Sad to be all alone in the world.