Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: THE SCREED  (Read 4635 times)

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
Re: THE SCREED
« Reply #30 on: July 10, 2015, 07:30:43 AM »

Two!
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #31 on: July 10, 2015, 07:30:59 AM »

Loved the harp story, Singdaw.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #32 on: July 10, 2015, 07:32:25 AM »

DR JRand64, I'm happy to read that your opening night went well. It's amazing how much I have forgotten about The Bad Seed, from cast size to dialogue! The novel was one of my favorites in high school and I read it several times, along with the play.  I didn't see the film version until I was living in New York. sometime between 1979 and 1985.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #33 on: July 10, 2015, 07:34:14 AM »

DR Ginny, tell Richard to eat all that fruit and a lot of Vitamin C.  I am a great believer in its recuperative abilities.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #34 on: July 10, 2015, 07:35:18 AM »

The laundry is in the washers, and it's time to turn on the AC.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #35 on: July 10, 2015, 08:04:55 AM »

I like the novel, too, DR ELMORE.  And the movie has some added lines that I really like.....and of course some changes that I don't care for.

It's still an interesting play....if the actors can keep up the pace, it will help us a lot tonight....that was my only note....some people talking too slowly....and Rhoda and Leroy the handyman talking too quickly.....

It came in at 2:30  including a curtain speech (turn off your phones) and a 15 minute intermission.  I would like to come in at 2:15.....we shall see.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #36 on: July 10, 2015, 08:30:01 AM »

I think it's the same people who walked out of PIPPIN and a couple of other shows.

I guess we can say at least they're trying.       :)
I just come here for the novelty coffee mugs and their trenchant commentary on the little ironies of everyday life.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #37 on: July 10, 2015, 09:56:46 AM »

I am completely over the cell phone discussion on Castrecl.  It's amazing how so many asses can repeat the same drivel ad nauseam.

On a happier note, the laundry is finished and put away, but  I am wondering if my ship came in while I was waiting at the airport.

Laura

« Reply #38 on: July 10, 2015, 10:14:24 AM »

Good morning.

TOD: The Camelot in concert dvd that George made for me a few years ago. I remember that my TV, although working, made everything so orange and distorted that I couldn't really watch anything.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #39 on: July 10, 2015, 11:31:51 AM »

Well, I hope the same drivel is at least that people should not use them in the theater.  But I know what you mean.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #40 on: July 10, 2015, 11:32:08 AM »

I'm up - nine hours of sleep - very nice.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #41 on: July 10, 2015, 11:43:46 AM »

The gas company just fixed the leak on our cook-top.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #42 on: July 10, 2015, 12:20:46 PM »

I forgot to look at the TOD.....

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #43 on: July 10, 2015, 12:22:24 PM »

On my way to the theatre for the Friday performance of The Bad Seed.

I am going early to paste 860 labels in the programs so that it will include the names of two actors that were omitted by the printing company.....reprinting them even at THEIR cost would take too long....so there ya are!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #44 on: July 10, 2015, 12:22:50 PM »

However, I think we get these programs free....or get a credit....so that's something.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #45 on: July 10, 2015, 01:30:58 PM »

On my way to the theatre for the Friday performance of The Bad Seed.

I am going early to paste 860 labels in the programs so that it will include the names of two actors that were omitted by the printing company.....reprinting them even at THEIR cost would take too long....so there ya are!

Did no one proofread the copy before it was accepted?

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #46 on: July 10, 2015, 01:32:01 PM »

I can't throw rocks; we had a copyright issue on the recording of DEAREST ENEMY that was resolved by an insert.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #47 on: July 10, 2015, 01:33:56 PM »

Well, I hope the same drivel is at least that people should not use them in the theater.  But I know what you mean.

For one reasonable or sensible thought, everyone has to check in and comment on it.  Sadly, most comments are the very same drivel from the usual suspects.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #48 on: July 10, 2015, 01:51:01 PM »

Check & Card vibes for DR GEORGE.

Thanks, Jrand!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #49 on: July 10, 2015, 01:51:10 PM »

George, good luck adjusting to your new paycheck and new debit card.

Thanks, Jane!  I'm gonna need it!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #50 on: July 10, 2015, 01:52:00 PM »

Thanks to everyone for the HHW vibes.  Opening night went very well.  The audience was interested and appreciated the show....but I can't say they "liked" it especially....

We lost two people within the first 15 minutes.  A local minister and his wife walked out when one of the characters started talking about homosexuality and incest.....even though everything she said is debunked by other characters onstage....and we lost two people at intermission.

Oh well.

When Eric, the editor of the local paper, came to take photos on Monday night, I told him he would probably get letters about the show:  People upset about some of the language - Leroy says "bitch" - and there is some drinking in one scene.

They will write in about those things....but no one will say anything about the two murders that Rhoda commits.....  You can kill someone, but don't swear or have gin and tonic while you do it!

People walked out because of just talk of homosexuality?  Really??  Theater Artists Olympia did two live stage productions (an all-male cast, and an all-female cast) of Quentin Tarantino's "The Reservoir Dogs" with ALL the language and blood and the ear getting cut off.  We practically sold out the entire run! 

And that's horseracing...and Olympia. ;)

George

« Reply #51 on: July 10, 2015, 01:52:54 PM »

Prince Charles has had to replace his royal harpist. The unloyal royal harpist ditched her husband and ran off with Bryn Terfel:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/prince-charles/11726688/Royal-harpist-who-ran-off-with-opera-singer-is-replaced.html

Oh, my! ::)

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #52 on: July 10, 2015, 02:46:50 PM »

On my way to Orchestra Hall to see/hear the film Singing in the Rain, accompanied by a live orchestra. This is the same technique they used with West Side Story last year, where they eliminate everything on the soundtrack but the voices and the sound effects. Just HOW the conductor keeps everything aligned to the micro-second, I know not, but it involves earbuds and a very strange screen with different shapes and colors.
I just come here for the novelty coffee mugs and their trenchant commentary on the little ironies of everyday life.

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #53 on: July 10, 2015, 02:48:23 PM »

I think West Side Story lends itself better to a full orchestral treatment, but I am sure it will still be a lot of fun.

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #54 on: July 10, 2015, 02:49:01 PM »

I am getting all my hairs cut at 8:00am tomorrow morning.

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #55 on: July 10, 2015, 02:49:15 PM »

Just had to share!       :)

George

« Reply #56 on: July 10, 2015, 03:10:36 PM »

On my way to Orchestra Hall to see/hear the film Singing in the Rain, accompanied by a live orchestra. This is the same technique they used with West Side Story last year, where they eliminate everything on the soundtrack but the voices and the sound effects. Just HOW the conductor keeps everything aligned to the micro-second, I know not, but it involves earbuds and a very strange screen with different shapes and colors.

I've wanted to see something like that, but it's never been close enough for me to go.  Hope you enjoy it and it all goes well!

Cillaliz

« Reply #57 on: July 10, 2015, 04:51:23 PM »

Page 2?  This will not do

Cillaliz

« Reply #58 on: July 10, 2015, 04:51:48 PM »

so I will get us to page 3

Cillaliz

« Reply #59 on: July 10, 2015, 04:51:57 PM »

oh yes I will