Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: SOGGY FRIES  (Read 2746 times)

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
Re: SOGGY FRIES
« Reply #30 on: February 06, 2020, 07:55:41 AM »

I recently bought Ace in the Hole. Will have to watch that this weekend. That and Out of the Past may be my favorite Kirk Douglas performances.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #31 on: February 06, 2020, 08:04:29 AM »

I chickened out on the downgrade.  I need more help than I'm getting.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

John G.

« Reply #32 on: February 06, 2020, 08:35:06 AM »

Just did one of those free profile tests that was rather fun. And it’s free.

16personalities.com

“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Ginny

« Reply #33 on: February 06, 2020, 08:36:18 AM »

Rob and Allie are settling in, but the cat knows something is up and she's a basket case.  Rob's about to crash for the day, so maybe she'll calm down.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #34 on: February 06, 2020, 09:21:53 AM »

Thursday's child has far to go

I always thought it meant working hard and seeing how far it would take you.

This is close to my take on it.

Yes. Or that there was potential for great success ahead. Something like that.

Yes.

Jane

« Reply #35 on: February 06, 2020, 09:23:48 AM »

It’s a weird day. Yesterday, Kristi and Nathan left for a couple of days at some water park in the Poconos, a little getaway for her birthday. So, to me it felt like a Friday or Saturday. And it felt like a Saturday for the rest of the day and evening. This morning it feels like... a Saturday.

We have a piano brush up run-through this evening, which might set me straight on which day it is. Then, I predict that tomorrow morning is going to feel like... a Saturday.

Is it an indoor water park?  The only reason I went to the Poconos in the winter was to ski.

Enjoy your Saturday.

Jane

« Reply #36 on: February 06, 2020, 09:26:39 AM »

Thursday morning greetings!  We're waiting for Rob and the cat to show up.  Rob will sleep here today before he works his last night shift and the cat is escaping the chaos of the packing that's taking place in their home today.  We think Mary Linda will be here when that's finished.

Last night shift, packing, all the craziness of moving.  Sending you hugs Ginny.

Jane

« Reply #37 on: February 06, 2020, 09:28:16 AM »

Rob and Allie are settling in, but the cat knows something is up and she's a basket case.  Rob's about to crash for the day, so maybe she'll calm down.

It is always hard on the pets, especially the cats. 

Jane

« Reply #38 on: February 06, 2020, 09:29:38 AM »

Thank you to DRs George, John G, Vixmom, and TCB for the vibes that were left for me last night.  I put the air cast on myself this morning and it doesn't feel as good as when Ashley did it yesterday.  I'll try to get some tips from Paramedic Rob today and Athletic Trainer Lauren on Saturday.

Did Rob have any tips before heading to sleep?   I bet you can also find some videos on the internet.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #39 on: February 06, 2020, 12:38:45 PM »

The Fat Orange Slug is going to have a press conference at noon.  I'm sure it will be horrible.  I really want to read the news that he's dead.

It's now 3:38 on the east coast, so I'm glad I missed it. ;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #40 on: February 06, 2020, 12:39:04 PM »

Kitty cleanup is accomplished, and I need to make the bed and take the trash to the basement.  I have an orchestration of Sondheim's "Loving You" to write for my London conductor friend.

I don't care what anyone says, I really like the score to Passion. :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #41 on: February 06, 2020, 12:39:14 PM »

Last night, in a rare evening of plain old TV watching, I turned to TCM and saw the last third or so of THE APARTMENT. I’d thought I would watch only a few minutes of it, but it had been quite a long time for me and I found myself glued to Billy Wilder’s genius.

Later they were showing THE CHINA SYNDROME, and I decided to catch just the first five or ten minutes of that. I’d seen it maybe a year ago for my first time in years, and had been entertained well enough by it, so I didn’t expect more than that this time. Well, I sat there absolutely glued to it, savoring every element of its glorious late-70s paranoia/conspiracy/journalistic wonderfulness.

I remember recording a TCM broadcast of THE CHINA SYNDROME a few years ago.  I was riveted, too.

George

« Reply #42 on: February 06, 2020, 12:39:25 PM »

Vibes for DR GEORGE the octopus who is doing everything but selling the tickets and sweeping the floor.....

Thanks, Jrand!  And fortunately, I do NOT have to do those menial tasks.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #43 on: February 06, 2020, 12:39:35 PM »

Moving and coping vibes for the CAT at DR GINNY's house.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

George

« Reply #44 on: February 06, 2020, 12:39:43 PM »

More snow predicted for us tonight......but not too bad right now...

Yikes! :o

George

« Reply #45 on: February 06, 2020, 12:40:22 PM »

It's sprinkling a bit here in Tumwater. 

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #46 on: February 06, 2020, 12:40:35 PM »

I just received three emails from Amazon Costumer Services....

Dear Costumer.....apparently they have blocked my account - although nothing seems to be amiss on the site.....

Jane

« Reply #47 on: February 06, 2020, 12:41:26 PM »

I feel bad for those of you dealing with snow.  It is currently 54 degrees and we do not have rain :)

Ginny

« Reply #48 on: February 06, 2020, 01:09:09 PM »

Thank you to DRs George, John G, Vixmom, and TCB for the vibes that were left for me last night.  I put the air cast on myself this morning and it doesn't feel as good as when Ashley did it yesterday.  I'll try to get some tips from Paramedic Rob today and Athletic Trainer Lauren on Saturday.

Did Rob have any tips before heading to sleep?   I bet you can also find some videos on the internet.

Rob said all he knows about this kind of cast is how to search it for contraband, a skill he used as a jail medic.  He offer to show me how to smuggle drugs and/or weapons in it.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #49 on: February 06, 2020, 01:10:32 PM »

Moving and coping vibes for the CAT at DR GINNY's house.

Well, Mary Linda is here now and Allie is very content in her lap.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #50 on: February 06, 2020, 02:14:04 PM »

Air cast vibes for DR GINNY and you never know when ANY knowledge will be valuable.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #51 on: February 06, 2020, 02:14:17 PM »

I wonder how MR BK is feeling today?

John G.

« Reply #52 on: February 06, 2020, 02:17:57 PM »

Rob said all he knows about this kind of cast is how to search it for contraband, a skill he used as a jail medic.  He offer to show me how to smuggle drugs and/or weapons in it.

Very useful information.
― Voltaire

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #53 on: February 06, 2020, 02:25:24 PM »

Kitty cleanup is accomplished, and I need to make the bed and take the trash to the basement.  I have an orchestration of Sondheim's "Loving You" to write for my London conductor friend.

I don't care what anyone says, I really like the score to Passion. :)

Well, there we disagree. I detest Passion as much as Into The Woods!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

George

« Reply #54 on: February 06, 2020, 02:26:05 PM »

Dear Costumer.....apparently they have blocked my account - although nothing seems to be amiss on the site.....

I've gotten a few of those recently, but never to the e-mail that's actually attached to my Amazon account. :))

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #55 on: February 06, 2020, 02:26:50 PM »

Costumer?  Are you designing frocks?  Did they mean customer?

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #56 on: February 06, 2020, 02:27:56 PM »

Very useful information.

You never know when a shiv may come in handy, DR Ginny!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #57 on: February 06, 2020, 02:29:18 PM »

Annabelle had her first dose this afternoon and to my surprise she's not avoiding me.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #58 on: February 06, 2020, 02:37:17 PM »

The Fat Orange Slug is going to have a press conference at noon.  I'm sure it will be horrible.  I really want to read the news that he's dead.

It's now 3:38 on the east coast, so I'm glad I missed it. ;)

I unfortunately caught the last 20 minutes or so.  It was like a really repellant standup comedy act, with "funny" anecdotes about the sleazebag asses he was praising for helping him beat his rap, like Devin Nunes and his scumbag attorneys.  God knows ghow much of it was lies.  It has to be one of the most embarrassing 20 minutes of public masturbation accompanied by that dead voice.
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/donald-trump-impeachment-acquittal-speech_n_5e3c25cdc5b6bb0ffc0c7210
« Last Edit: February 06, 2020, 02:44:49 PM by elmore3003 »

Jennifer

« Reply #59 on: February 06, 2020, 02:45:44 PM »

I feel bad for those of you dealing with snow.  It is currently 54 degrees and we do not have rain :)

We were supposed to get a mini snow storm today and a bigger one tomorrow. But so far it hasn't been too bad. But overnight and tomorrow should still be a lot of snow.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up