Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: THE WHEAT FROM THE CHAFF  (Read 11271 times)

Laura

Re: THE WHEAT FROM THE CHAFF
« Reply #60 on: January 23, 2011, 01:34:52 PM »

Speaking of fast food, did anyone read the story about Taco Bell being sued for calling the meat they use in their food "beef?"

I think I'd be more likely to sue them for calling it "Mexican food." Or even "Mexican-inspired food."
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Laura

« Reply #61 on: January 23, 2011, 01:35:35 PM »

Imitation Mexican-Inspired Food dance!

Laura

« Reply #62 on: January 23, 2011, 01:35:52 PM »

I love the stage photos, Elmore.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #63 on: January 23, 2011, 01:36:23 PM »

Just took my first cardiac walk around the basement after being off for more than a week.  I took it a bit slower than usual, but will now get back in the daily habit.  The good news is that I didn't gain any weight on our vacation.

DR Ginny, that's fantastic news!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #64 on: January 23, 2011, 01:37:28 PM »

Speaking of fast food, did anyone read the story about Taco Bell being sued for calling the meat they use in their food "beef?"

I think I'd be more likely to sue them for calling it "Mexican food." Or even "Mexican-inspired food."

I love Taco Bell! Let's throw rocks at the Olive Garden where everyone's a faux Italian family!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #65 on: January 23, 2011, 01:38:37 PM »

I wish there was one for the workshop; it was a Victorian gothic nightmare. I'll check Eduardo's site to see if he has a shot of it.

Laura

« Reply #66 on: January 23, 2011, 01:43:00 PM »

So, I made up native fish cards, each one with a word from the Bible verse (Follow me and I will make you fishers of men.) and drove to four stores trying to find mesh laundry bags (for the nets) to put the cards in, hauled my big fish net and the netting (to show how they threw the nets over the side of the boat) over to the church.

Guess what their Sunday School lesson was this morning.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #67 on: January 23, 2011, 01:47:36 PM »

So, I made up native fish cards, each one with a word from the Bible verse (Follow me and I will make you fishers of men.) and drove to four stores trying to find mesh laundry bags (for the nets) to put the cards in, hauled my big fish net and the netting (to show how they threw the nets over the side of the boat) over to the church.

Guess what their Sunday School lesson was this morning.

Sounds exactly like Children's Time this morning at the church I play for.  It's like all these churches use the same Lectionary or something.  ;)
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Laura

« Reply #68 on: January 23, 2011, 01:48:04 PM »

This was purely by chance. We aren't that organized.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #69 on: January 23, 2011, 01:50:42 PM »

I wish there was one for the workshop; it was a Victorian gothic nightmare. I'll check Eduardo's site to see if he has a shot of it.

I went to Eduardo's site, and this design says THE NUTCRACKER, but it's awfully close to the design for the Toyaker's Workshop from the year before!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #70 on: January 23, 2011, 01:52:49 PM »

Here's his first set for BABES IN TOYLAND:

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #71 on: January 23, 2011, 02:56:48 PM »

When my mom and I went to Los Angeles in 1966, we caught a glimpse of Charles Buddy Rogers, in person, possibly at Movieland Wax Museum.  I didn't know the name at the time, but it was one of the rare times I ever saw my mom "starstruck".  I thought she might swoon.

1966, eh?  A good choice of year - I'm sure you'll enjoy the new Hofstetter book :)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #72 on: January 23, 2011, 02:57:14 PM »

I've written about seven pages so far. 

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #73 on: January 23, 2011, 02:57:43 PM »

I also had to put together a medley for the Linda and Greg show - that I did with Boswell over the phone.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #74 on: January 23, 2011, 02:58:02 PM »

Now I'm taking a little break and will then try to write two or three more pages.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #75 on: January 23, 2011, 03:11:04 PM »

;D ;D

Jane

« Reply #76 on: January 23, 2011, 03:11:37 PM »

Just took my first cardiac walk around the basement after being off for more than a week.  I took it a bit slower than usual, but will now get back in the daily habit.  The good news is that I didn't gain any weight on our vacation.

DR Ginny, that's fantastic news!

Yes and you did walk some while traveling.

Jane

« Reply #77 on: January 23, 2011, 03:13:13 PM »

DR Ron, congrats on losing 5 pounds while home for the holidays.  Have you kept it off?

Cillaliz

« Reply #78 on: January 23, 2011, 03:18:35 PM »

OY!  I almost got killed on the way home from running errands.   I was driving through an intersection and this &(#$*)(^&-ING JERK
driving a big pick-up truck with a blade on the front ran his red-light right in front of me.  I honestly didn't think i was going to be able to stop or swerve and laid on the horn and slammed on the brakes (they don't do much good on the snow and ice).  I think I missed the back of his pick-up by about 6 inches at the most.  He went around the block and was right behind me for a short while and slowed way down..then after I turned off that road, he sped through another intersection.  What a jerk.   Luckily I was paying attention and other than being a bit frightened, am fine.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2011, 03:21:10 PM by Cillaliz »

Ginny

« Reply #79 on: January 23, 2011, 03:20:04 PM »

Yikes, DR Cillaliz!  I'm glad you're OK - have a drink...
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Cillaliz

« Reply #80 on: January 23, 2011, 03:22:34 PM »

Thanks Ginny.   I'm calmed down now, I had to go to Petco before coming home.  I yelled and swore in the car and that made me feel better.   I'm not leaving the house again until tomorrow.

Jane

« Reply #81 on: January 23, 2011, 03:30:50 PM »

How terribly scary!!!  I am extremely happy you avoided the truck & blade!!!  Were you able to get a report him?

Screaming in the car is good. :)

Cillaliz

« Reply #82 on: January 23, 2011, 03:33:11 PM »

I am going to make myself a really nice dinner.  I have a big piece of salmon and I think I'm going to bake it, make some mashed potatoes with sour cream and some sort of green vegetable (whatever i have in the freezer).  should be good.

Cillaliz

« Reply #83 on: January 23, 2011, 03:35:16 PM »

How terribly scary!!!  I am extremely happy you avoided the truck & blade!!!  Were you able to get a report him?

No.  I'm not going to report it.  No one got hurt and there was no accident.  It would be his word against mine, but after I avoided him and came to a stop, I turned and watched his light turn green.  So I know he ran the light.  He did go around the block and met me just down the street.  I think he was coming back to make sure everything was ok.   I appreciated that. 

Cillaliz

« Reply #84 on: January 23, 2011, 03:37:06 PM »

Time to make dinner and get callie her meds.

Jane

« Reply #85 on: January 23, 2011, 03:39:08 PM »

No.  I'm not going to report it.  No one got hurt and there was no accident.  It would be his word against mine, but after I avoided him and came to a stop, I turned and watched his light turn green.  So I know he ran the light.  He did go around the block and met me just down the street.  I think he was coming back to make sure everything was ok.   I appreciated that. 

I meant did you report the driver at the time since you said he sped through another intersection after leaving you.  Then the police could have kept an eye out for him if he continued driving recklessly. 

If he was checking on you that was nice. :)

KevinH

« Reply #86 on: January 23, 2011, 04:07:40 PM »

Hello.  I think there was some discussion of Follies tickets.  The tickets go on sale tomorrow for Kennedy Center members.  I'm a member and will be glad to order tickets on behalf of anyone interested.    Let me know!

FJL

« Reply #87 on: January 23, 2011, 04:08:08 PM »

So glad you're OK, Cilla,

And nice that it seems the driver came back to check on you. 

That gives me faith that some people are decent, that he wouldn't have left you there had something happened.

KevinH

« Reply #88 on: January 23, 2011, 04:09:20 PM »

Enjoyed the "Brain" videos, BK!  I hope there'll be one in which Mr. Spirtas sings!

FJL

« Reply #89 on: January 23, 2011, 04:09:25 PM »

Terrific weight news, Ginny!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up