Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down

Author Topic: AFTER MIDNIGHT, I'M GONNA LET IT ALL HANG OUT  (Read 10106 times)

Danise

Re: AFTER MIDNIGHT, I'M GONNA LET IT ALL HANG OUT
« Reply #120 on: April 24, 2012, 04:01:28 PM »

I'm frustrated that I can't draw on my phone.  I've been trying to play that drawing game and my fingers just won't make what is in my head.  I tried a stylus but that isn't any help either.  It skips across the screen making everything look like a dotted line.  Anyone have any suggestions?
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #121 on: April 24, 2012, 04:01:46 PM »

I have no idea, Ben. That's just something I heard my Dutch friend say. I thought it was quote-worthy.

LOL.

Jennifer

« Reply #122 on: April 24, 2012, 04:03:01 PM »

My 2 year old niece Jadie is very funny. My birthday is coming up. And I guess she made something for me. Yesterday she announced "Auntie I made you something for your birthday. I will get it for you." So i explained it was not my birthday yet and she should wait. "But I want to!" she said. Good thing my sister hid it where she couldn't find it. Because she was planning to go search for it.

Her birthday is coming up in 3 weeks. She doesn't really understand the concept of when a birthday is. She knows my birthday and my aunt's birthday comes before hers. But she is ready and anxious (especially for her own)!

:) 

Your sister was smart to hide the gift from her.

It wasn't a gift. It was something she made. Probably a picture. When i told my sister what had happened she said that she knew that would happen. Which is why she did not tell her where she hid it. I should have let my niece go upstairs just to see if she could have found it :)

Jane

« Reply #123 on: April 24, 2012, 04:04:53 PM »

I bet you were shocked to learn that! You do know the Easter Bunny and Santa Claus are not real?

WHAT?

Sometimes I joke with my 6 year old niece about Santa and the Easter bunny. At Easter time I asked her if she saw the Easter bunny. She said no. But that her mom had. :)

I"m not sure when you are supposed to tell kids these things.   But they had some Lindt easter eggs on their table before Easter. And then those same eggs were not on the table anymore but they were in her Easter basket. I asked my niece about that thinking maybe she would put it together. :)

You want the older one to believe as long as possible as not to tell the younger one. ;)  When Bryan said there wasn't an Easter bunny I said if he didn't believe it wouldn't come.  He kept his mouth shut about Santa.  One day Craig asked Keith if Santa was real so Keith answered honestly.  While Craig was fine I about cried in front of him.  Christmas was never the same for me after that.

Jane

« Reply #124 on: April 24, 2012, 04:05:31 PM »

Visited Pembroke Castle today which dates back to the 11th century. Fascinating place to expore, full of steep winding steps and dark passageways.

Is that where the Pembroke Corgi's are from?

Jennifer

« Reply #125 on: April 24, 2012, 04:06:07 PM »

I had a really bad headache last night so had to go to bed very early. And i woke up in a bad mood. I hate that.

I got approved for another book on netgalley. And there was no kindle button (frustrating and i wish it would say this before you request). Anyhow you can download it to your computer. But there was a problem. And it frustrated me so much (it should have been so simple). Anyhow the girl at netgalley talked me thru it and finally i got it on my computer.

But now i would like to transfer it to my kindle by hooking up my kindle via usb cord. But for some reason i am having no luck. I know people who have done this before. I keep trying to put the file in my kindle folder. I just can't figure out what i am doing wrong. :(

Laura

« Reply #126 on: April 24, 2012, 04:06:44 PM »

Topic of the Day:  Georges Seurat.  I'd like to know who are the real people in the La Grande Jatte painting...are they actual people he knew or just random figures.

When I was going to Western Washington University, our choir performed at the 1989 national music educator's conference in Indiana and flew out of Chicago.  We went on a short tour and performed at various high schools along the way.  We had half a day in Chicago and several of us went to the Art Institute and I got to see this painting up close and in person. :D

That reminds me. When we were in Midway Airport last month, I saw this.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Jane

« Reply #127 on: April 24, 2012, 04:07:06 PM »

Visited Pembroke Castle today which dates back to the 11th century. Fascinating place to expore, full of steep winding steps and dark passageways.

That is way to cool!!!
A few weeks ago, I ordered a new keyboard and mouse for myself and it just arrived!  Here's the picture from Amazon:

It's really cool and has a very nice touch.  And the mouse does, too. :D

That is way too cool!!!

I thought it was a joke.   8)

Jennifer

« Reply #128 on: April 24, 2012, 04:07:19 PM »

I bet you were shocked to learn that! You do know the Easter Bunny and Santa Claus are not real?

WHAT?

Sometimes I joke with my 6 year old niece about Santa and the Easter bunny. At Easter time I asked her if she saw the Easter bunny. She said no. But that her mom had. :)

I"m not sure when you are supposed to tell kids these things.   But they had some Lindt easter eggs on their table before Easter. And then those same eggs were not on the table anymore but they were in her Easter basket. I asked my niece about that thinking maybe she would put it together. :)

You want the older one to believe as long as possible as not to tell the younger one. ;)  When Bryan said there wasn't an Easter bunny I said if he didn't believe it wouldn't come.  He kept his mouth shut about Santa.  One day Craig asked Keith if Santa was real so Keith answered honestly.  While Craig was fine I about cried in front of him.  Christmas was never the same for me after that.

I feel like at 6 1/2 she should know that there is no Easter bunny, shouldn't she?

Jennifer

« Reply #129 on: April 24, 2012, 04:07:46 PM »

That is definitely the most unique keyboard i've ever seen!

Jane

« Reply #130 on: April 24, 2012, 04:09:20 PM »

My 2 year old niece Jadie is very funny. My birthday is coming up. And I guess she made something for me. Yesterday she announced "Auntie I made you something for your birthday. I will get it for you." So i explained it was not my birthday yet and she should wait. "But I want to!" she said. Good thing my sister hid it where she couldn't find it. Because she was planning to go search for it.

Her birthday is coming up in 3 weeks. She doesn't really understand the concept of when a birthday is. She knows my birthday and my aunt's birthday comes before hers. But she is ready and anxious (especially for her own)!

:) 

Your sister was smart to hide the gift from her.

It wasn't a gift. It was something she made. Probably a picture. When i told my sister what had happened she said that she knew that would happen. Which is why she did not tell her where she hid it. I should have let my niece go upstairs just to see if she could have found it :)

A handmade gift. :)

Jane

« Reply #131 on: April 24, 2012, 04:14:00 PM »

WHAT?

I feel like at 6 1/2 she should know that there is no Easter bunny, shouldn't she?

No.  Maybe she doesn't want to know or she would have connected the candy dots. ;)  When Craig found out we told him not to tell his friend's that still believed. 

I remember being very clever & catching "Santa" delivering the gifts.  No one saw me & I didn't tell.  I thought it was more fun believing.  I was much younger than my brother & sister & was only protecting myself.

Jennifer

« Reply #132 on: April 24, 2012, 04:15:16 PM »

DR Jane I guess i just wonder at what age the rest of the kids in her class will know. I remember my sister's niece being very old and she still believed. And her friends sort of made fun of her.

Jane

« Reply #133 on: April 24, 2012, 04:15:46 PM »

Thank you DR's John G, Danise, and TCB.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #134 on: April 24, 2012, 04:21:20 PM »

WHAT?

My niece was angry that everyone lied to her about Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny.  WHY??, she wanted to know.

Good question, I thought. :-\
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #135 on: April 24, 2012, 04:22:36 PM »

That is way to cool!!!
A few weeks ago, I ordered a new keyboard and mouse for myself and it just arrived!  Here's the picture from Amazon:

It's really cool and has a very nice touch.  And the mouse does, too. :D

That is way too cool!!!

I thought it was a joke.   8)

It's not!  I have it hooked up to my computer here at work and I really like it! 
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #136 on: April 24, 2012, 04:26:51 PM »

DR Jane I guess i just wonder at what age the rest of the kids in her class will know. I remember my sister's niece being very old and she still believed. And her friends sort of made fun of her.

I don't know how old he was, but the son (Brett) of a coworker (Kitty) actually got into a fight with a classmate because Brett still believed in Santa Claus and everyone else knew the truth...and Brett didn't believe them.

Cillaliz

« Reply #137 on: April 24, 2012, 05:03:15 PM »

VIBES FOR DR ELMORE~~~~~~~~~

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?

Jennifer

« Reply #139 on: April 24, 2012, 05:32:53 PM »

I'm not sure if DR MBarnum watches SMASH. But just after the halfway point there was an elaborate Bollywood number (you could watch it online at nbc.com). I still love this show.

Jane

« Reply #140 on: April 24, 2012, 06:22:56 PM »

I don't know how old he was, but the son (Brett) of a coworker (Kitty) actually got into a fight with a classmate because Brett still believed in Santa Claus and everyone else knew the truth...and Brett didn't believe them.

This is why parents should tell there children to keep quiet once they know. :)

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #141 on: April 24, 2012, 06:25:09 PM »

A much younger kid than I spilled the beans to me when I was about six or seven.  I ran home crying and told my mother, who in turn phoned the little boy's mother and read her the riot act.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

George

« Reply #142 on: April 24, 2012, 06:26:10 PM »

I don't remember how or when I found out.

George

« Reply #143 on: April 24, 2012, 06:26:35 PM »

And on that note (F-natural), I'm going home.

Be back later.

Jennifer

« Reply #144 on: April 24, 2012, 06:35:30 PM »

I don't remember how or when I found out.

I'm Jewish so i guess i never had this problem. :)

Jane

« Reply #145 on: April 24, 2012, 07:02:04 PM »

We had a nice long talk with our regular vet.  I feel very lucky to have her.  We are not going to go with chemo when the odds of it working are only 50% and then for an average of 4 months.  She told us what, down the road, she can do to make him more comfortable.  If she is in town she will be available to us on weekends.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #146 on: April 24, 2012, 07:03:02 PM »

Tiiiiired.  Picked up the package.  Sitting on the couch and dozing seems to be the order of the day and the day of the order.

Jane

« Reply #147 on: April 24, 2012, 07:28:34 PM »

'night

Cillaliz

« Reply #148 on: April 24, 2012, 07:40:58 PM »

My nasty neighbor David told me there was no Santa and no Easter bunny while we were washing paintbrushes in my first grade class room.  I wasn't sure if I could believe him. The next Christmas (now in second grade) I only told santa what I wanted for christmas until the evening of Christmas eve.   Apparently my uncle had to go all over Des Moines to find a Chrissy doll on Christmas eve.  He succeeded, but I never really believed after David told me

Cillaliz

« Reply #149 on: April 24, 2012, 07:42:44 PM »

Jane so sorry, but it sounds like you have a wonderful vet.  Vibes and prayers for you, Keith and Sherlock
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up