Author Topic: OUTRE  (Read 81336 times)

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
Re:OUTRE
« Reply #150 on: August 19, 2007, 11:14:00 AM »

Does anyone have DtM's phone number?

I do.

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #151 on: August 19, 2007, 11:23:39 AM »

Hi Dakota, he is still asymptomatic  :D

The silly goofus rolled over last night, right over my legs and off the bed.  I got up to make sure he was ok, we always worry about his elbows.  He seemed find but a wee bit upset & went over to Keith's side of the bed & curled up on the floor.  

I went back to sleep only to be woken awhile latter by whimpering.  By the second whimper I knew what was happening but poor Keith was very confused, wondering how Sherlock had gotten into this position.  Goofus had the top half of his body across the bed at Keith's feet & the bottom half securely positioned on the floor, waiting for Keith to lift him onto the bed.  We are talking about dead weight, he doesn't help at all.  It's all those times he wasn't permitted to jump on the bed, or into Keith's car.  

We got a new car which is lower to the ground so Keith won't have to keep lifting Sherlock up into a high SUV.  That was the plan anyway, half the time Goofus still does the half in, half on the floor routine.  What a dog! ;D  At least Keith doesn't have to lift him very far.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2007, 11:25:12 AM by Jane »

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #152 on: August 19, 2007, 11:27:08 AM »

And of course I need to let DR Elmore3003 get over my previous visit before I can request sleeping quarters on his fire escape again. And who knows how long that will take!

All the time in the world!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #153 on: August 19, 2007, 11:32:55 AM »

I guess that means I'll have to make a trip to Seattle in October.  ;)

Gee, what a shame!   ;)
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #154 on: August 19, 2007, 11:34:54 AM »

And many of the communities live in relative peace. The article I read remarked on that. You are lucky since you can experience different cultures, foods and folkways.

Well, occasionally an aboriginal group from Chelsea will try to abduct women from the Upper West Side to continue the breed or start a war with Harlem.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

DERBRUCER

« Reply #155 on: August 19, 2007, 11:34:55 AM »

And yet, when someone is in trouble, there's always a helping hand around -- I've seen so many cases of perfect strangers helping each other carry strollers up and down stairs, holding doors, helping pick up dropped items, and so forth.

My FACT IS STRANGER THAN FICTION tale of NYC.

I was hurring through Grand Central Station when I heard a loud voice ugently calling "SIR!". I turned around and there was a young black man rushing toward me. It seems some bills (the money kind) had fallen from my pants pockets and the man had gathered them up and was trying to return them!

der Brucer

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #156 on: August 19, 2007, 11:38:38 AM »

I was hurring through Grand Central Station when I heard a loud voice ugently calling "SIR!". I turned around and there was a young black man rushing toward me. It seems some bills (the money kind) had fallen from my pants pockets and the man had gathered them up and was trying to return them!

der Brucer

And when he caught up with derBrucer, he said, "Sir, I believe these fell out of  your wallet.  So, now, hand over the whole wallet."
“One thing’s universal,

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #157 on: August 19, 2007, 11:41:02 AM »

Hi Dakota, he is still asymptomatic  :D

The silly goofus rolled over last night, right over my legs and off the bed.  I got up to make sure he was ok, we always worry about his elbows.  He seemed find but a wee bit upset & went over to Keith's side of the bed & curled up on the floor.  

I went back to sleep only to be woken awhile latter by whimpering.  By the second whimper I knew what was happening but poor Keith was very confused, wondering how Sherlock had gotten into this position.  Goofus had the top half of his body across the bed at Keith's feet & the bottom half securely positioned on the floor, waiting for Keith to lift him onto the bed.  We are talking about dead weight, he doesn't help at all.  It's all those times he wasn't permitted to jump on the bed, or into Keith's car.  

We got a new car which is lower to the ground so Keith won't have to keep lifting Sherlock up into a high SUV.  That was the plan anyway, half the time Goofus still does the half in, half on the floor routine.  What a dog! ;D  At least Keith doesn't have to lift him very far.

My mother's dog also whines to be lifted onto the bed.. .

Glad to hear that he is holding his on other wise and Keith's back is better. I have had you in my thoughts.
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #158 on: August 19, 2007, 11:41:58 AM »

A just got an e-mail with the Subject line:  Jamaica vacation - limited time!

Poor planning on the Spamer's part.
“One thing’s universal,

FJL

« Reply #159 on: August 19, 2007, 11:42:30 AM »

TCB - I think it was "Misty Cotton-candied memories."

But it referred to you as well with "Or has Tom rewritten evr'ry line?" (or was it Tom Nondorf or Tom Guest?  Who knows?  I'm still reeling form the fact that derB and SWW will be seeing Brain and SGF, but not Starfighter, when they could have seen all three by coming on Fri-Sat instead of Sunday.  :) )

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #160 on: August 19, 2007, 11:43:04 AM »

der Brucer

a curious thing indeed!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #161 on: August 19, 2007, 11:43:49 AM »

A just got an e-mail with the Subject line:  Jamaica vacation - limited time!

Poor planning on the Spamer's part.

I would say so with a hurricane barreling down on them

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #162 on: August 19, 2007, 11:47:28 AM »

TCB - I think it was "Misty Cotton-candied memories."

But it referred to you as well with "Or has Tom rewritten evr'ry line?" (or was it Tom Nondorf or Tom Guest?  Who knows?  I'm still reeling form the fact that derB and SWW will be seeing Brain and SGF, but not Starfighter, when they could have seen all three by coming on Fri-Sat instead of Sunday.  :) )

Oh well, leave it to me to re-write your best material.  I think that is horrible that derB and Woody won't be seeing THE FIRST MOONCHASER.
“One thing’s universal,

FJL

« Reply #163 on: August 19, 2007, 11:48:01 AM »

Maybe this repeat link of an article from the Onion will sway derB's theatergoing plans :)

http://www.theonion.com/content/node/28239

(Bush cites Last Starfighter as his reason for entering politics)  :) :) :)
« Last Edit: August 19, 2007, 11:49:24 AM by FJL »

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #164 on: August 19, 2007, 11:49:40 AM »

Move along....there's nothing to see here.

Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #165 on: August 19, 2007, 11:50:10 AM »

Certainly no pee-pees or hoo-hahs!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #166 on: August 19, 2007, 11:50:26 AM »

This here is a heavy doody family site.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #167 on: August 19, 2007, 11:50:57 AM »

Maybe this repeat link of an article from the Onion will sway derB's theatergoing plans :)

From now on, it's "Blame Fred"!

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #168 on: August 19, 2007, 11:52:28 AM »

It's one of my favorite things about NYC.  I go to visit family in Arizona, and I experience the worst culture shock every time.  Not a black, brown, or any other color face for miles -- except for the support staff workers, like kitchen staff, etc....  :o :(  It creeps me out.  

That's the other thing about moving---we live in a very racially mixed neighborhood, mostly hispanic and black, and are in the minority. The neighborhood we're moving to is urban but mostly white yuppies. So far we haven't felt really at home yet but maybe it takes being there. I will miss my Bambi men and my enchilada truck!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #169 on: August 19, 2007, 11:54:59 AM »

Will you be sending the President a ticket to the closing performance?

« Last Edit: August 19, 2007, 12:08:30 PM by TCB »
“One thing’s universal,

Edisaurus

« Reply #170 on: August 19, 2007, 11:59:54 AM »

DR Edi, perhaps it will now become someone else's "starter house" and will be filled with such warmth and good vibes, that the new owner will be as much in love with it as you are and will take good care of it!

Thanks, Joy!

Unfortunately, that will not be the case, I don't think. My whole neighborhood is being torn down (the city's version of "ethnic cleansing"). When I sell my house, since it's on s half acre downtown at the very corner of this new development, I'm sure it will be town down. It's a tiny house, no A/C, built in '23 by the owners (I am the 2nd owner). It was one of the first houses on South Avenue.

The woman who is moving in discovered her apartment was full of black mold and got very ill and called us, begging us to speed up our move so she could rent our house. She'll pay $500/mo even though I know I could get more, because I know she will take care of it and she understands that whenever we do sell it, she will have 60 days rent free to find another place. So she doesn't have to take perfect care of it as she will probably be the last person to live there, and that's kind of a relief for us not to have to worry about it.

Thanks for all the supportive vibes. I don't know why I feel like such a baby about this! I hate change as much as the cats, i guess!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #171 on: August 19, 2007, 12:02:12 PM »

Is there some trick to now ordering, for money, tickets for other shows? I tried to get a pair for the afternoon showing of SGF, but couldn't get a link to work. Or must I now wait 'til Sept 1?

I'm trying to do the same. Let us know if you figure it out!

Edisaurus

« Reply #172 on: August 19, 2007, 12:03:33 PM »

Doing some Gen research for DBF at the moment and I have hit a BIG brick wall in Iowa.....

However, on my own lines my brick walls seem to be connected to NYC....

Maybe you need to go there personally to do some research. Say, end of September...

singdaw

« Reply #173 on: August 19, 2007, 12:15:22 PM »

DR JoseSPiano, please let us know if you liked the Nathan Gunn crossover album.

Have you ever seen him on stage?

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #174 on: August 19, 2007, 12:15:33 PM »

I see that Roundabout, whose track record for doing revivals well is pathetic, is now having a BYE BYE BIRDIE workshop. I love Bill Irwin, who's doing Harry MacAfee, but he has a problem singing in rhythm. Poor Strouse! Poor Adams! Poor Michael Stewart! and poor, poor Gower Champion!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #175 on: August 19, 2007, 12:27:07 PM »

Edi, I wish my finances were in better shape...

DERBRUCER

« Reply #176 on: August 19, 2007, 12:31:16 PM »

derB's theatre going plans are greatly conditioned by the lack of the $200 or so to get special shots so the dogs can be kenneled, plus the $100+ per day kenneling fees -IF you can find space, which is rare in the summer.

If the R/T drive weren't such a killer we'd be in NYC more often.

der Brucer

Besides - I already saw the movie ;D

Noel

• Husband (10th year), father and songwriter
    • Musings on musicals
« Reply #177 on: August 19, 2007, 12:31:33 PM »

Is there some trick to now ordering, for money, tickets for other shows? I tried to get a pair for the afternoon showing of SGF, but couldn't get a link to work. Or must I now wait 'til Sept 1?

I am deeply distressed that NYMF hasn't figured out how to make ticketing as easy as possible.  It's not a subject I know anything about, alas.

Back to my score chores...
In this family, when words won't do, there's gotta be a song.

singdaw

« Reply #178 on: August 19, 2007, 12:43:38 PM »

How's DD's recovery going?  Hope he's back to his old self. Post a photo!

Thanks for asking, DR Miss Karen!  He seems to have made a full recovery.

Here's a gratuitous shot of Zach from just today:
And here's his buddy Cody, who's staying with us temporarily!

singdaw

« Reply #179 on: August 19, 2007, 12:45:29 PM »

So, DR Ron Pulliam:

What did you conclude from your "secret" test?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 16   Go Up