Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 16   Go Down

Author Topic: OUTRE  (Read 81337 times)

singdaw

Re:OUTRE
« Reply #180 on: August 19, 2007, 12:47:08 PM »

Loved all the photos from DR JoseSPiano, of NYC and DR Jason's fashion parade.

FJL

« Reply #181 on: August 19, 2007, 12:49:18 PM »

Der B -  that's fine.  I see the choices were either Starfighter and Brain on Friday or SGF and Brain on Sunday.  I can't argue with your decision, especially since you've seen the Starfighter movie and you don't need to see the show since you have a copy of the stage musical's script which someone was nice enough to send you.  :)    

As Elphaba said in Wicked, no good deed goes unpunished.    
:(

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #182 on: August 19, 2007, 01:01:03 PM »

I see that Roundabout, whose track record for doing revivals well is pathetic, is now having a BYE BYE BIRDIE workshop. I love Bill Irwin, who's doing Harry MacAfee, but he has a problem singing in rhythm. Poor Strouse! Poor Adams! Poor Michael Stewart! and poor, poor Gower Champion!

Poor Amy, not getting to see Bill Irwin!

Is this something having to do with a production taking place while we're in NY? I mean, we take special trips to NY just to see Bill's shows!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #183 on: August 19, 2007, 01:02:19 PM »

derB's theatre going plans are greatly conditioned by the lack of the $200 or so to get special shots so the dogs can be kenneled, plus the $100+ per day kenneling fees -IF you can find space, which is rare in the summer.

Could you find a pet sitter to come to your home?
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #184 on: August 19, 2007, 01:04:12 PM »

I'm finally all caught up with all the posts from yesterday and today! :)

First of all, yesterday, td wrote:
Happy news from the hospital's sonogram dept.: Mum has a benign tumor on the thyroid. ;D

CONGRATS ON THE GOOD (could've been a lot worse) NEWS! :D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #185 on: August 19, 2007, 01:04:47 PM »

Secondly, Congrats to DR DakotaCelt and her 9000+ posts!! ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #186 on: August 19, 2007, 01:06:47 PM »

Lifelong quandaries like: "How in the world have I accumulated so much crap"?

The story of my life. ;)

George

« Reply #187 on: August 19, 2007, 01:07:35 PM »

Thanks, DR Ginny - Of course, I could have always said, "No," to the last-minute gigs this past week....  However, the only "comfort" I have is the fact that the airlines are already posting Travel Advisories on their site in regards to Hurricane Dean.

I guess that means I'll have to make a trip to Seattle in October.  ;)

Sounds like we need to plan a PNW HHW Gathering!! :D

George

« Reply #188 on: August 19, 2007, 01:10:04 PM »

I LOVED all the pictures that were posted!  Thanks!

George

« Reply #189 on: August 19, 2007, 01:16:32 PM »

Does anyone have DtM's phone number?

Has anyone heard anything?  I only have his work address. :-\

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #190 on: August 19, 2007, 01:18:50 PM »

Belated Birthday Diner pictures:

We started with a cocktail each.  He had a Cloud 9 Cosmo, which involves Absolut Mandarin, Cointreau, Blue Island Schnapps, sour mix, and some Sprite.  It's the first Cosmo I've ever seen that is blue!  I was more predictable, having a Maker's Mark Manhattan.

For my appetizer, I had the Tempura Lobster Tails, with a sweet chili sauce and chipotle mayo for dipping.

Der Brucer had Pan Roasted Clams and Andouille Sausage, with a white wine broth and garlic toasts.

For his entree, der B dined on the Baked Halibut with a panko/horseradish crust and topped with a bit of lobster. (and a nice Thai sauce to boot)

For myself, I had a marvelous Rib Eye (medium-rare) with Bourbon Shrimp.

We skipped dessert - the new selections were uneventful.

der Brucer

We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #191 on: August 19, 2007, 01:22:16 PM »

Do I dectect DR Jane's hand in this:?

AOL NEWS

Netflix Customer Service Drops E-Mail In Favor of Real People

...it's doing something completely unlike nearly any other company today: Getting rid of its unresponsive e-mail-based customer service department and replacing it with actual people And, those people actually live in the U.S., rather than another country on the other side of the globe.

The company has opened an office in Portland staffed 24 hours a day by 200 call center employees who handle all customer issues and complaints. Why Oregon? Because apparently that state has the friendliest-sounding voices in the US, according to Netflix. This is quite a change in tactics from the modern trend of large corporations sending their call centers overseas, a process that has raised the ire of many who have trouble understanding anything but newscaster English.

der Brucer

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #192 on: August 19, 2007, 01:25:40 PM »

Even beating THE CLOSER? Oh noooooo!

Well, yes, but HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL 2 was a special event, and THE CLOSER still holds the record for a scripted series premiere.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #193 on: August 19, 2007, 01:27:11 PM »

Does anyone have DtM's phone number?

I you check your EMail from him (blueskyfox@comcast.net) on 30 May you will find his number.

der Brucer

Matt H.

« Reply #194 on: August 19, 2007, 01:29:20 PM »

Another miserably hot day from the couple of times I've had to step outside. Air very warm and very still, almost stifling.

Matt H.

« Reply #195 on: August 19, 2007, 01:31:01 PM »

I spent all afternoon with UGLY BETTY episodes. I am now up to episode 11 (though I'd be two episodes farther along if I hadn't replayed episodes to listen to commentary.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #196 on: August 19, 2007, 01:31:10 PM »

Welcome News:

ASSOCIATED PRESS

J.K. Rowling at Work on Crime Novel
By DAVID STRINGER,
AP
Posted: 2007-08-19 10:23:39

LONDON (Aug. 18) - J.K. Rowling has been spotted at cafes in Scotland working on a detective novel, a British newspaper reported Saturday.

The Sunday Times newspaper quoted Ian Rankin, a fellow author and neighbor of Rowling's, as saying the creator of the "Harry Potter" books is turning to crime fiction.

I doubt if any female resident of the United Kindom could write an engaging crime novel - I mean, really, where's the precedent ;)

der Brucer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #197 on: August 19, 2007, 01:31:26 PM »

Poor Amy, not getting to see Bill Irwin!

Is this something having to do with a production taking place while we're in NY? I mean, we take special trips to NY just to see Bill's shows!

It's a private workshop to see if Roundabout and its mighty crew can "fix" BYE BYE BIRDIE to make it work in one of their dreadful productions.  Much as I love Bill, he's as right for the role as I am to play Chita Rivera's role: he moves so well, he's very funny, he's charming, but he has a problem with singing in tempo.

After seeing Walter Bobbie do the role so well for the Encores! production, it makes you wonder who's behind Roundabout starfuc I mean casting.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Matt H.

« Reply #198 on: August 19, 2007, 01:32:46 PM »

The most recent commentary was with Michael Urie (Marc) and Becki Newton (Amanda) who narrated the episode where Marc, Betty, and Amanda go to a party and spill the beans on their CHristmas layout. You can tell the two actors are having the time of their lives doing this series. Very entertaining listening to them dish (all nice stuff, of course).

Matt H.

« Reply #199 on: August 19, 2007, 01:34:26 PM »

Welcome News:

ASSOCIATED PRESSI doubt if any female resident of the United Kindom could write an engaging crime novel - I mean, really, where's the precedent ;)

der Brucer

Absolutely right! No chance at all for success. I mean, has the woman ever written ANYTHING before that sold? Geez.

Matt H.

« Reply #200 on: August 19, 2007, 01:36:40 PM »

I got through the Halloween and Thanksgiving episodes, and the Christmas tree is up in the most recent episodes I've been watching though the actual Christmas episode hasn't quite happened yet.

I have to say again that Christopher Gorham was an inspired idea for a boy friend for Betty. I'm not sure I liked all the obstacles that were thrown into the stories to keep them apart, and didn't I read that there will be a new love interest for Betty this season?

Matt H.

« Reply #201 on: August 19, 2007, 01:37:46 PM »

I had planned to watch something else during some part of the afternoon just to minimize the risk of growing tired of watching so many episodes back-to-back, but three phoen calls during the afternoon did a nice job breaking up watching the episodes.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #202 on: August 19, 2007, 01:38:07 PM »

Did anyone mention the naked glacier protest in Switzerland?  It appears that by 2080 if the global warming continues, the glaciers will be gone.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #203 on: August 19, 2007, 01:48:12 PM »

Singdaw, your canine companions look well. Glad that Zach made a full recovery..
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #204 on: August 19, 2007, 01:52:51 PM »

Did anyone mention the naked glacier protest in Switzerland?  It appears that by 2080 if the global warming continues, the glaciers will be gone.

I remember seeing that yesterday but when they showed the pictures on the news the local broadcast station politely hit whitenoise button!!

I have heard that Elmore
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #205 on: August 19, 2007, 01:53:51 PM »

MattH, have you ever read any of Margery Allingham's novels?

Matt H.

« Reply #206 on: August 19, 2007, 01:55:40 PM »

MattH, have you ever read any of Margery Allingham's novels?

No.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #207 on: August 19, 2007, 01:55:51 PM »

Vibes to DtM...

I hope he is okay.

Matt H.

« Reply #208 on: August 19, 2007, 01:56:20 PM »

And now, I must head back down to continue with UGLY BETTY. I'd really like to get a lot farther along in the set before I end my viewing this evening at 11.

WBBL.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #209 on: August 19, 2007, 01:56:55 PM »

No.

she wrote the Campion mysteries.

Some were adapted by the BBC and Peter Davison played Albert Campion
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 16   Go Up