Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: WRITE WHAT YOU KNOW  (Read 15310 times)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
Re: WRITE WHAT YOU KNOW
« Reply #90 on: May 20, 2009, 12:28:56 PM »

PAGE FOUR DANCE!!

I'd post a picture, but this is a family site. ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #91 on: May 20, 2009, 12:29:07 PM »

My sister's episode of UFO HUNTERS will be broadcast NEXT Wednesday at 10 p.m. - but there may be some footage in the promo during tonight's eppy.  We shall see.

Cool! 
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #92 on: May 20, 2009, 12:37:35 PM »

Tonight is Kiss Me Kate Act One - with music/blocking/lights (maybe) and who knows what all......
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #93 on: May 20, 2009, 12:42:15 PM »

Taking a few props in tonight and doing some set dressing.....
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #94 on: May 20, 2009, 01:07:10 PM »

Listening to CDs and now must back up a large order that just came in from a dealer - had he done this yesterday, it all could have gone out at the same time - but nooooo.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #95 on: May 20, 2009, 01:27:57 PM »

American Idol prediction:

Kris Allen will win.

Rationale:

Performances notwithstanding, AI has a large active Christian following which favors the Gospel singer based contestants. In the last trio standing, both Kris and Danny had a strong Gospel following. Ryan announced that there was only 1 million votes (out of 80 cast) separating the top two (Adam and Kris). With Danny out of the running, his still-voting fans must choose between Adam and Kris – I suspect a significant part of that voter base will go to the last Gospeler standing – Kris, and that will provide him a victory margin.

Consequence – little; Adam already clearly has a performance career ahead and winning Idol or not will not substantively affect it.

der Brucer

I think you are entirely correct on those assumptions.

And winning the title certainly didn't increase the fortunes of several of the winners very much. Talent will out.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #96 on: May 20, 2009, 01:29:40 PM »

Outdoor Critters:

der Brucer

This morning a male Cardinal was so anxious he came flying right up the window glass and flapped his wings
« Last Edit: May 20, 2009, 01:32:55 PM by DERBRUCER »
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

Matt H.

« Reply #97 on: May 20, 2009, 01:30:26 PM »

I had a good afternoon of viewing. I began with last night's GLEE sneak preview. While some of the plot between numbers was pretty predictable, the songs and numbers were just wonderful. I can't imagine anyone who enjoys musical theater and inate singing ability not falling for this show. I hope it's a big hit.

Matt H.

« Reply #98 on: May 20, 2009, 01:33:21 PM »

Then I watched FARGO on Blu-ray. It looks simply marvelous, by far the best it's ever looked on home video (immediately plucked my nonanamorphic DVD off the shelf to give away).

Really enjoyed the film this go-round, too. Being used to the violence level of it, I was prepared and not dreading those scenes so much.

A really expert little film.

Matt H.

« Reply #99 on: May 20, 2009, 01:34:24 PM »

I had time to watch all of the bonus features, too. Not that there were a lot of them, but I got them done.

Matt H.

« Reply #100 on: May 20, 2009, 01:35:10 PM »

I scanned through two days' worth of AS THE WORLD TURNS. Damien was in both episodes, but the boys were in neither, and they weren't in the previews for tomorrow either.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #101 on: May 20, 2009, 01:36:36 PM »

Indoor Critters

der Brucer

Matt H.

« Reply #102 on: May 20, 2009, 01:37:13 PM »

Before coming upstairs, I had time to rewatch all three of Adam's numbers last night and Kris' last number. His voice was literally gone at the end of the song (actually, it was going about halfway through it; he simply couldn't sustain notes at a certain point.) Oh, well. I suspect he won't be singing that song much in the future.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #103 on: May 20, 2009, 01:42:45 PM »

I had a good afternoon of viewing. I began with last night's GLEE sneak preview. While some of the plot between numbers was pretty predictable, the songs and numbers were just wonderful. I can't imagine anyone who enjoys musical theater and inate singing ability not falling for this show. I hope it's a big hit.

I hope the plot elements involving the adults doesn't drag down the more uplifting teen elements.

I am disappointed that the casting people couldn't find a real performer in a wheelchair - in today's world using a regular performer to "act" handicapped just seems wrong, and unnecessary..

der Brucer

Laura

« Reply #104 on: May 20, 2009, 01:47:02 PM »

I love the critter photos, derBrucer.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

DERBRUCER

« Reply #105 on: May 20, 2009, 02:01:19 PM »

I love the critter photos, derBrucer.

Thank you - but I seem to be lacking in variety recently; the grackles hog the feeders and discourage the smaller song birds.

der Brucer

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #106 on: May 20, 2009, 02:02:09 PM »

I enjoyed Fargo when I saw it, but I never revisit it BECAUSE of the extreme violence, which I found completely unnecessary and overdone.  It's a shame when filmmakers simply don't know when to quit with that stuff.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #107 on: May 20, 2009, 02:03:32 PM »

I've shaved and will shower and then be on my way to a casting session, after which I'm sure we'll all have a meal and a meeting to assess where we are and to hammer out a rough and tentative schedule.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #108 on: May 20, 2009, 02:16:12 PM »

...but I never revisit it BECAUSE of the extreme violence, which I found completely unnecessary and overdone...

This from the man who penned "I Want To Eat Your Face" :)

der Brucer

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #109 on: May 20, 2009, 02:16:43 PM »

Good Afternoon!

...And that was a nice nap. ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #110 on: May 20, 2009, 02:17:38 PM »

I spotted some bears in Los Angeles once. They were different, too.

I have a couple of videos about those kinds of bears. ;)

TMI!

:o

???

;)

::)

Make Your Own Luck.

Matt H.

« Reply #111 on: May 20, 2009, 02:20:41 PM »

Well, I see that the CW has made up my mind for me about dropping SMALLVILLE. They've moved it to Friday nights at 8 next season, and since I will already be watching GHOST WHISPERER and LAW & ORDER at that time, I can drop SMALLVILLE without giving it a second thought.

I'll have two shows on at 9 as well: MEDIUM and UGLY BETTY.

So next year, Fridays are going to be very crowded!

Matt H.

« Reply #112 on: May 20, 2009, 02:22:06 PM »

I guess I need to get off-line now and do some writing.

WBBL.

George

« Reply #113 on: May 20, 2009, 02:24:37 PM »

I spotted some bears in Los Angeles once. They were different, too.

I have a couple of videos about those kinds of bears. ;)

TMI!

:o

???

;)

::)

Just call me Larry the Younger. 8)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #114 on: May 20, 2009, 02:26:46 PM »

reading a book, much less WRITING a book, has become sort of a thing of the past

That's what I thought too, which makes the popularity of the Kindle so surprising to me.

It seems that books and reading are (still) very popular in the Philippines. -At least that's what it looked like when I was "over there" last week.  The high-end shopping mall we stayed near had three book stores, and they all seemed to be doing good business.  What was really interesting to me was the amount of titles from the U.S. - especially in regards to cookbooks.  In fact, the first cookbook display I came across featured the second cookbook from the folks at Magnolia Bakery!

*It also seemed that most of the hardcover titles were sold or were at least wrapped in that clear library covering - the name escapes me right now.
Make Your Own Luck.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #115 on: May 20, 2009, 02:30:22 PM »

Well, I see that the CW has made up my mind for me about dropping SMALLVILLE. They've moved it to Friday nights at 8 next season, and since I will already be watching GHOST WHISPERER and LAW & ORDER at that time, I can drop SMALLVILLE without giving it a second thought.

I'll have two shows on at 9 as well: MEDIUM and UGLY BETTY.

So next year, Fridays are going to be very crowded!

This just means to me that Fridays will be a blessing over the current Thursdays...right now, Smallville conflicts with three other shows, and it will only conflict with one show on Fridays, both of which can be recorded.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

George

« Reply #116 on: May 20, 2009, 02:33:12 PM »

reading a book, much less WRITING a book, has become sort of a thing of the past

That's what I thought too, which makes the popularity of the Kindle so surprising to me.

It seems that books and reading are (still) very popular in the Philippines. -At least that's what it looked like when I was "over there" last week.  The high-end shopping mall we stayed near had three book stores, and they all seemed to be doing good business.  What was really interesting to me was the amount of titles from the U.S. - especially in regards to cookbooks.  In fact, the first cookbook display I came across featured the second cookbook from the folks at Magnolia Bakery!

*It also seemed that most of the hardcover titles were sold or were at least wrapped in that clear library covering - the name escapes me right now.

Mylar jackets.  I know them well. :)

George

« Reply #117 on: May 20, 2009, 02:34:22 PM »

I hope the plot elements involving the adults doesn't drag down the more uplifting teen elements.

I am disappointed that the casting people couldn't find a real performer in a wheelchair - in today's world using a regular performer to "act" handicapped just seems wrong, and unnecessary..

der Brucer

During the show last night, I went to IMDb and looked up the actors and saw that the guy in the wheelchair wasn't really handicapped.  I thought, why NOT get a young actor who really is in a wheelchair. :-\

George

« Reply #118 on: May 20, 2009, 02:35:38 PM »

The other thing about this show that I was thinking was that all of these kids are GREAT singers!  Why are they in a "glee club" (other than as the reason for the show) and not the theater department??  They would KILL in their high school musicals.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #119 on: May 20, 2009, 02:46:49 PM »

The other thing about this show that I was thinking was that all of these kids are GREAT singers!  Why are they in a "glee club" (other than as the reason for the show) and not the theater department??  They would KILL in their high school musicals.

It would seem that the both the Administration and the student body attitudes would preclude a high school musical.

der Brucer

On a brighter note - our brand new replacement highschool has a full-up theatre - orchestra pit, isolated sound and lighting booths, etc.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2009, 03:24:43 PM by DERBRUCER »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Up