Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: TITLES  (Read 13929 times)

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
Re: TITLES
« Reply #30 on: May 21, 2009, 07:38:16 AM »

TOD:

UP THE DOWN STAIRCASE
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #31 on: May 21, 2009, 07:38:30 AM »

Page Two Dance!!!

Matt H.

« Reply #32 on: May 21, 2009, 07:39:53 AM »

I've decided to do LICENCE TO KILL this afternoon and evening for my work project of the day. I'm eager to see what the Lowry remaster/restoration has done with this on Blu-ray.

Matt H.

« Reply #33 on: May 21, 2009, 07:42:44 AM »

On TV TOnight!™

ABC - UGLY BETTY (two hour season finale)
CBS - all repeats but FLASHPOINT appears at 10 p.m. tonight
NBC - SOUTHLAND (season finale)
FOX - SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE? (two hour season premiere)
BRV - THE FASHION SHOW

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #34 on: May 21, 2009, 07:43:26 AM »

Very nice titles.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Matt H.

« Reply #35 on: May 21, 2009, 07:45:03 AM »

I also thought GONE WITH THE WIND, TO KILL A MOCKINGBIRD, and THE SOUND AND THE FURY were wonderful titles.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #36 on: May 21, 2009, 07:50:03 AM »

Mr Tom Jones arrived in my mailbox today!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #37 on: May 21, 2009, 07:55:05 AM »

TOD: My pal Mr. Ellison's "I HAVE NO MOUTH AND I MUST SCREAM"

http://poguespages.blogspot.com

Laura

« Reply #38 on: May 21, 2009, 08:09:16 AM »

It is sprinkling just enough to get the car windows dirty. I am sure it won't show up as  measurable rain.

This, however, is very unusual weather for Phoenix in May!
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Ginny

« Reply #39 on: May 21, 2009, 08:09:26 AM »

Thursday morning greetings!  Quiet day here, but this evening I'm going to my book group and then to a midnight madness sale at my local Vera Bradley retailer.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Laura

« Reply #40 on: May 21, 2009, 08:13:13 AM »

How is Richard doing? Is he taking it easy?
"That's a lotta hamsters."

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #41 on: May 21, 2009, 08:16:01 AM »

I've walked to the pharmacy and ridden the bus to my storage space, which is now cleaned out and closed down. I'm getting $188 back, and I am no longer paying $150/month. That's all fantastic news.

Now for some edits!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ginny

« Reply #42 on: May 21, 2009, 08:21:21 AM »

How is Richard doing? Is he taking it easy?

Much better, DR Laura - thanks for asking.  Yes, he's taking it easy and the church in Lima has ordered him to take this Sunday off - the lay reader will conduct Morning Prayer.  They agreed with me that our trip to Wisconsin between two high-stress weekends was probably too much.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #43 on: May 21, 2009, 08:21:53 AM »

It's not a novel, but I always loved

THE TIME FALLING BODIES TAKE TO LIGHT
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

« Reply #44 on: May 21, 2009, 08:22:47 AM »

I am doing an arrangement of SHE TOUCHED ME for an east coast person and he asked me if I had ever heard the studio cast of DRAT!  THE CAT!  ;)

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #45 on: May 21, 2009, 08:23:19 AM »

The Ellison title is brilliant and so is Philip K. Dick's Do Androids Dream Of Electric Sheep?

Matt H.

« Reply #46 on: May 21, 2009, 08:25:05 AM »

I've walked to the pharmacy and ridden the bus to my storage space, which is now cleaned out and closed down. I'm getting $188 back, and I am no longer paying $150/month. That's all fantastic news.

That sounds great! I'm sure your bank account will thank you for this!   :)

Matt H.

« Reply #47 on: May 21, 2009, 08:25:41 AM »

I'm heading down now to jump in the shower and get cleaned up for my liunch out today with friends.

WBBL.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #48 on: May 21, 2009, 08:28:52 AM »

Well, I'm afraid my days of sleeping until nine are over - probably for the next year because, yes, the jerks who own or have bought the property (although no sale sign has ever been posted there - maybe the people died and the house went into foreclosure or got sold off without an actual sale - one never knows because one has never actually seen actual people there, save for the low-lifes who were camping out) are clearly doing a tear-down, so now not only do we get to have yet another awful blight on this once-charming neighborhood, but I get the joy of awakening to what feels like a five point earthquake because they've got one of those huge bulldozers in the front yard, going back and forth and forth and back and coming a little too close to my house.  Once they get the house down and level the ground, at least that thing goes away - I think.  But the construction will go on for six months to a year, as it always does.  And then these jerks, these rich, entitled jerks, will just waltz in to their new home, not having been there for any of the construction or noise or caring that they've made miserable their neighbors' existence during that time.  It's especially annoying for people who work at home a good deal of the time - you know, people like me.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #49 on: May 21, 2009, 08:29:41 AM »

Okay, here's today's smut from the VILLAGE VOICE! Who do you think he's talking about?

http://www.villagevoice.com/2009-05-20/columns/a-shocking-pile-of-blind-gossip-items/1
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

JMK

« Reply #50 on: May 21, 2009, 08:33:10 AM »

Well, I'm afraid my days of sleeping until nine are over - probably for the next year because, yes, the jerks who own or have bought the property (although no sale sign has ever been posted there - maybe the people died and the house went into foreclosure or got sold off without an actual sale - one never knows because one has never actually seen actual people there, save for the low-lifes who were camping out) are clearly doing a tear-down, so now not only do we get to have yet another awful blight on this once-charming neighborhood, but I get the joy of awakening to what feels like a five point earthquake because they've got one of those huge bulldozers in the front yard, going back and forth and forth and back and coming a little too close to my house.  Once they get the house down and level the ground, at least that thing goes away - I think.  But the construction will go on for six months to a year, as it always does.  And then these jerks, these rich, entitled jerks, will just waltz in to their new home, not having been there for any of the construction or noise or caring that they've made miserable their neighbors' existence during that time.  It's especially annoying for people who work at home a good deal of the time - you know, people like me.

Welcome to my world, Bruce.  That's exactly what I've been going through for almost THREE YEARS now!  Except we used to live next door to FARM LAND (as you may recall) and now there are TWO McMansions.  It's disgusting.

JMK

« Reply #51 on: May 21, 2009, 08:34:57 AM »

Thank your lucky stars they don't have to put in a new road, like they did here.  That 'tamping' machine was unbearable--low frequency air compression for day after day, with stuff literally falling off the walls here.  And the stupid developer wonders why "the neighbor" (a euphemism) is acting like a lunatic in the backyard when he attempts to show his new prizes.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #52 on: May 21, 2009, 08:43:33 AM »

Very nice titles.

Did a double take at that one.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #53 on: May 21, 2009, 08:44:05 AM »

I think all of the people referenced in that article are one and the same - and I think it's a hainsie/kimlet :)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #54 on: May 21, 2009, 08:45:29 AM »

This house is shaking like mad - and the booms that are going on are sonic in proportion.  And the owners are probably already living in one of those monstrosities elsewhere until this monstrosity is finished.  Or, even worse, it's being built by a speculator.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #55 on: May 21, 2009, 08:48:41 AM »

Time to start contemplating a spite wall.  Eight feet tall, a nice shade of white on your side.  Chartruse or purple on theirs.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #56 on: May 21, 2009, 08:52:05 AM »

Speaking of gossip, i just got back from the corner market, where I waited at the counter with Carlos Leon, ex boy-toy of Madonna.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #57 on: May 21, 2009, 08:59:57 AM »

Speaking of gossip, i just got back from the corner market, where I waited at the counter with Carlos Leon, ex boy-toy of Madonna.

Did you happen to notice what he had in his basket was buying?
-- Anaïs Nin

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #58 on: May 21, 2009, 09:06:02 AM »

Did you happen to notice what he had in his basket was buying?

Coffee, maybe? After being involved with Madonna, I suspect the basket's empty.

JMK

« Reply #59 on: May 21, 2009, 09:07:55 AM »

This house is shaking like mad - and the booms that are going on are sonic in proportion.  And the owners are probably already living in one of those monstrosities elsewhere until this monstrosity is finished.  Or, even worse, it's being built by a speculator.

At least you rent--you can move if absolutely necessary.  We have a handy, dandy mortgage keeping us here next to our shaking and sonic booms.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Up