Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: WE'RE HAVING A HEAT WAVE  (Read 36198 times)

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
Re:WE'RE HAVING A HEAT WAVE
« Reply #120 on: May 20, 2008, 10:40:29 AM »

I have never seen the Indiana Jones movies.  Am I a heathen?

You should be so lucky! Heathens have a hope of redemption, but you shall dwell in a dark abyss of cultural deprivation for all eternity!

der Brucer

Note to Dante - we need a tenth circle!
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #121 on: May 20, 2008, 10:41:29 AM »

All My Sons - Not My Set Page Five Dance.

.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #122 on: May 20, 2008, 10:43:06 AM »

I've actually made several tailored to run on other networks: FOX, US and Lifetime. It will be interesting to see if it brings us new viewers. We'll be going up against HOUSE this year...

I shall be on the lookout to see that if they live up to your high standards!

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

Jennifer

« Reply #123 on: May 20, 2008, 10:49:15 AM »

re: DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES

SPOILERXldlkj fljlkjlkdlkj r lkjavj afjkak a;lkja afj;lakjdf;lkja ;gj  I, too, read your explanation, but I think you're throwing the baby out with the bath water when you chastise DH for doing something you adore about "Lost."

They didn't introduce the last few minutes as a SPOILER....they did it to SHOCK you (a la "Lost") and to give you that "cliffhanger" suspense of "HUH? WHA'?" to tide you over until the next season begins.

And when that season begins, they don't have to backtrack in order to ease viewers into a 5-year leap-ahead.

Whatever their reasons, it was a stunning finale....quite extraordinary, especially the shocker with Susan.   I don't know what their plans are to fill the gaps, but it's quite possible we'll be treated to some "flashback sequences" to fill us in as new stories unfold.  Dlkdlk ksfgkjjkljklsgflkj ;lkjlk j;lkj jrkelkjkjlejkel  jdkjfkjlkj ;lkd jkjf;alkj ;lkjaf;lakjlkekjhjheuzjh,

Okay  now i am so confused. I really did not understand your post at all.

I loved the finale of DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES.  Maybe i was not clear. I liked the ending.  All i said was i wished i had not known the plot twist.

And btw it is not really that original since ONE TREE HILL did the exact same thing (went 4 years into the future). Although maybe their scenarios were not as crazy.

I am also curious to know how they will fill in the gaps.  But it was reported that all the kids would be gone for next season. Which makes me think we will not be getting flashbacks with them.

Jennifer

« Reply #124 on: May 20, 2008, 10:50:20 AM »

I love SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE.

But i totally get what you are saying. Although i did love danny.

I cannot wait to see it this week.

Apparently there will also be a SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE CANADA this summer.

Jennifer

« Reply #125 on: May 20, 2008, 10:52:17 AM »

Does anyone who watches MONK know what seasons the shows they showed on NBC recently were from?

I watched all 5 episodes (finished yesterday). And i would love to see all the shows.  I had no idea (since we do not get USA network) that there are at least 6 seasons.

I don't have netflix. And i can't see paying $40/season.  I wonder if i know anybody who collected all the seasons.

Jennifer

« Reply #126 on: May 20, 2008, 10:58:32 AM »

DR Jane, i am surprised that you did not like the finale of MEDIUM. I loved it!

Jennifer

« Reply #127 on: May 20, 2008, 11:01:15 AM »

DR RonP after reading your post again (and trying to understand it) I think that you think we are talking about something we are not.

Nobody here said the finale 2 minutes were a spoiler.  We said that the premise of the final 2 minutes was leaked before the show aired.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2008, 11:02:45 AM by Jennifer »

singdaw

« Reply #128 on: May 20, 2008, 11:07:49 AM »

Yeah, that's it....

I'm AMISH!!

;D

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #129 on: May 20, 2008, 11:12:22 AM »

You should be so lucky! Heathens have a hope of redemption, but you shall dwell in a dark abyss of cultural deprivation for all eternity!

der Brucer

Note to Dante - we need a tenth circle!

Do ya think he's depraved on account of he's been deprived[/b]?
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #130 on: May 20, 2008, 11:14:23 AM »

DR RonP after reading your post again (and trying to understand it) I think that you think we are talking about something we are not.

Nobody here said the finale 2 minutes were a spoiler.  We said that the premise of the final 2 minutes was leaked before the show aired.

Leaked?  I never read anything about the finale.

I obviously misunderstood your post.  I thought you were upset by the reveal at the end with the leap-ahead.  I apologize for all the confusion my error caused you.

I tend not to read comments about shows when I don't want to be "leaked" to because folks who write on the internet (and in magazines) tend to give away secrets 'cause they can't KEEP secrets.

I learned my lesson the HARD way when the USA Today critic, in reviewing "The Empire Strikes Back" back in 1980, revealed THE MAJOR PLOT TWIST a day BEFORE the film was released.

I'd have had his head on a platter!
« Last Edit: May 20, 2008, 11:17:21 AM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #131 on: May 20, 2008, 11:15:02 AM »

Packaged up a few orders and will ship them shortly or shortly ship them.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #132 on: May 20, 2008, 11:16:46 AM »

I'll be seeing Mr. Geissman at one-fifteen - although he's already informed me it won't be a long session, which is annoying as all get out, and I think you know how annoying all get out is.  But, why should this year be any different from previous years.  It's always an ordeal, time-wise, so it will be the same this year - probably won't finish for at least two weeks, when it really could take about three days if one could just work for three or four hours straight.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #133 on: May 20, 2008, 11:17:20 AM »

Welcome thirteen GUESTS.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #134 on: May 20, 2008, 11:17:34 AM »

I've also been working at the piano.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #135 on: May 20, 2008, 11:17:55 AM »

Welcome thirteen GUESTS.

Are they truly thirteen GUESTS, or might they be "13 GHOSTS"?

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #136 on: May 20, 2008, 11:19:47 AM »

Yeah, that's it....

I'm AMISH!!

;D

I knew it!  Shunned, no doubt!  :D

It explains so-o-o much!

;)

(Apologies to the Amish lurking or in our membership).
« Last Edit: May 20, 2008, 11:20:26 AM by Ron Pulliam »

Ginny

« Reply #137 on: May 20, 2008, 11:31:43 AM »

Thursday afternoon greetings!  Have y'all missed me today?  I spent the morning in Cincinnati at a very poorly-attended, but well-presented, workshop on library-based book clubs.

TOD - The Indiana Jones series (I agree, the 3rd one is terrific!) and the Back to the Future series.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #138 on: May 20, 2008, 11:33:51 AM »

Oh, Oh, Oh - I stopped at Barnes & Noble on my way back from Cincinnati and found the Entertainment Weekly with Carrie, Charlotte, Miranda, and Samantha on the cover!  Do you think I could read it here at work if I disguised it with a copy of Library Journal?
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #139 on: May 20, 2008, 11:44:02 AM »

This morning I went for a walk, and this is what I saw:

The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

singdaw

« Reply #140 on: May 20, 2008, 11:54:30 AM »

LOVE the squirrel, DearReaderLaura DR!   :D

singdaw

« Reply #141 on: May 20, 2008, 11:54:44 AM »

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #142 on: May 20, 2008, 12:01:00 PM »

Well, the gay teens are in danger. The perv/killer father escaped from prison.  That's one more rule of soapland: prisons are inept.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #143 on: May 20, 2008, 12:09:57 PM »

Good Afternoon!

-I'm still amazed at how draining those Mary Poppins dance calls can be... Whew!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #144 on: May 20, 2008, 12:13:25 PM »

DRJOSE do you think you will be playing Big Edie or Little Edie?

Neither.  I will be playing The Corn.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #145 on: May 20, 2008, 12:14:35 PM »

DR Jennifer - So...  Next time, you see Teri Hatcher on a TV show, and she's asked a question.... Change the channel!

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #146 on: May 20, 2008, 12:22:40 PM »

DR JRand - Well... Here's the rest of the announcement.

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #147 on: May 20, 2008, 12:23:13 PM »

Good Afternoon!

-I'm still amazed at how draining those Mary Poppins dance calls can be... Whew!

Is Brad there? Tell him howdy.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #148 on: May 20, 2008, 12:24:13 PM »

All this talk about spoilers has me thinking about my favorite Brit series.  Yep, that one.  Again.   ::)

Well, anyway, the titles of the thirteen episodes of the current series (season, to us Yanks) have all been released, save one.  Also announced have been which stories are two-parters.  

Anyway, the current series titles have been/will be:

1: Partners In Crime
2: The Fires of Pompeii
3: Planet of the Ood
4 & 5: The Sontaran Stratagem/The Poison Sky
6: The Doctor's Daughter
7: The Unicorn and the Wasp
8 & 9: Silence in the Library/Forest of the Dead
10: Midnight
11: Turn Left
12 & 13: TBA/Journey's End.

It's episode 12 that has the fans talking.  The actual title of the story won't be revealed until just prior to the episode being broadcast in Great Britain.  So speculation is rife, yes rife, about what the title will actually be.  There is even speculation that the title of the episode will, indeed, be "TBA," with the initials standing for something other than "to be announced."  (Fans of the Doctor do keep a sense of humor about these things.   ;D)

Other things that have been released to the press:

The Doctor's Daughter was/will be played by Georgia Moffett, daughter of fifth Doctor Peter Davison.

The Unicorn and the Wasp features Agatha Christie as one of the characters.

Rose Tyler, as played by Billie Piper, returns in Turn Left and will stay with the series for the remaining two episodes.  Turn Left is also this year's "Doctor Lite" episode, focusing on other characters.  (Last year's "Doctor Lite" story, Blink, recently won Steven Moffat the BAFTA for best teleplay.)

The final episode will feature a very crowded TARDIS, as Freema Agyeman (as Martha Jones), John Barrowman (Capt. Jack Harkness), Noel Clark (Mickey Smith), Camille Coduri (Jackie Tyler), Elisabeth Sladen (Sarah Jane Smith) and John Leeson (the voice of K9) have all been announced as members of that episode's cast.

NONE OF THIS COUNTS AS SPOILERS!  This has all been ANNOUNCED.  Spoilers would reveal actual plot elements - what has been announced instead feeds the fires of speculation and rumor.

ALSO not counting as a spoiler is the announcement that the aforementioned Steven Moffit will be taking over as chief writer and executive producer when the fifth series begins production, as Russel T. Davies is stepping down after this year's Christmas special and a couple of three other specials while David Tennant goes off and plays Hamlet or some such thing.  This signals a change, the end of one era and the beginning of another.  (No word yet as to whether he'll also be running the show over at Torchwood or The Sarah Jane Adventures.)
« Last Edit: May 20, 2008, 12:46:53 PM by S. Woody White »
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #149 on: May 20, 2008, 12:26:16 PM »

"HEY!  I'm walkin' here, I'm walkin' here!  You wanna make somethin' about it, huh?  You wanna piece of me?"
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9   Go Up