Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down

Author Topic: FIG NEWTON  (Read 16769 times)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
Re: FIG NEWTON
« Reply #180 on: November 09, 2008, 08:21:25 PM »

I had four-hour rehearsals yesterday and today. :P But it's going well.  AND I have another line! ;) I was given a radio announcer's line during the song, "Mary Jane/Mary Lane," that I'll read from off-stage.  When we were rehearsing the number, I was following along in the music and kept forgetting to switch to the script for the line...only a couple of times, though. 
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #181 on: November 09, 2008, 08:23:27 PM »

And I got through about 35 minutes of BROTHERS & SISTERS. Rebecca and Justin's storyline is already tiresome. I figured Kitty's pressing the issue would disrupt things. I'll be eager to see what Kevin does about covering for the senator.

This reminds me that I haven't watched last week's episode! :o I'm starting that right now.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #182 on: November 09, 2008, 08:23:59 PM »

...And if I had my choice between Rice Pudding and Tapioca Pudding, I'd probably pick the Tapioca.

*Of course, whenever I'm down in SoHo, and happen to be near Rice to Riches, well.... :)

I love Tapioca pudding.  I like rice in general, but I don't like rice pudding at all.  I don't know why. 

Just had to share. :D

FJL

« Reply #183 on: November 09, 2008, 08:26:01 PM »

Did we ever ascertain whether Julie Andrews says "Tapioca for pudding" or "Tapioca p-pudding" in the Tapioca number in the MILLIE film?

FJL

« Reply #184 on: November 09, 2008, 08:26:26 PM »

:)

George

« Reply #185 on: November 09, 2008, 08:38:53 PM »

Did we ever ascertain whether Julie Andrews says "Tapioca for pudding" or "Tapioca p-pudding" in the Tapioca number in the MILLIE film?

I have always heard "tapioca for pudding."  A woman that I work with told me that in England they say (whatever) for pudding.  I think that it was just the way that Julie spoke and not specifically written that way.  The character of Millie is supposed to be from Kansas, you know.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #186 on: November 09, 2008, 08:44:58 PM »

I have always heard "tapioca for pudding."  A woman that I work with told me that in England they say (whatever) for pudding.  I think that it was just the way that Julie spoke and not specifically written that way.  The character of Millie is supposed to be from Kansas, you know.

That's the way I've always understood it, too. I haven't watched MILLIE in ages. Wish I had the time to put it in and just sit back and enjoy. Not this week, I fear.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #187 on: November 09, 2008, 08:45:22 PM »

Guess I'll head down to bed now.

Good night!
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

FJL

« Reply #188 on: November 09, 2008, 08:56:53 PM »

Thanks, George and Matt. 

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #189 on: November 09, 2008, 08:56:58 PM »

A few days ago the left lens fell out of my glasses.  It looks as if I put it back in correctly but I'm sure my progressive lens is slightly off causing eye strain & difficulty focusing.

If the lens fell out, there is a fair chance the ear pieces may have been slightly bent; if the glasses do not sit perfectly level across the bridge of your nsoe, your vision will be blurry - check to see if one ear piece looks higher than rhe other.

Been there...often....

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

George

« Reply #190 on: November 09, 2008, 09:03:46 PM »

I've finally caught up with yesterday's posts:

~~~Continued Vibes for Tomovoz's DP Colin!!~~~

~~~Continued Vibes for Tomovoz’s DF Allan!!~~~

~~~Heat Vibes for DRs Ann and Jed and Toby!!~~~

~~~Continued Vibes for DR Ann's F-I-L and Jed's Father!!~~~

~~~Continued Vibes for DR Vixmom!!~~~

~~~Continued Vibes for DR Jane's DD Sherlock!!~~~

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #191 on: November 09, 2008, 09:09:18 PM »

Let's hear it for the evil divorcees on THE AMAZING RACE! Will tonight be their Waterloo?

They seem no more evil than Nick who seems to take great glee in sticking it to others.

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #192 on: November 09, 2008, 09:28:38 PM »

Finished with viewing for the evening, and am now listening to a couple of the CDs I got this afternoon.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #193 on: November 09, 2008, 09:48:28 PM »

I've finally caught up with yesterday's posts:

~~~Continued Vibes for Tomovoz's DP Colin!!~~~

~~~Continued Vibes for Tomovoz’s DF Allan!!~~~

~~~Heat Vibes for DRs Ann and Jed and Toby!!~~~

~~~Continued Vibes for DR Ann's F-I-L and Jed's Father!!~~~

~~~Continued Vibes for DR Vixmom!!~~~

~~~Continued Vibes for DR Jane's DD Sherlock!!~~~

Well, there goes five additional posts.  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #194 on: November 09, 2008, 10:00:16 PM »

And I got through about 35 minutes of BROTHERS & SISTERS. Rebecca and Justin's storyline is already tiresome. I figured Kitty's pressing the issue would disrupt things. I'll be eager to see what Kevin does about covering for the senator.

I sort of felt tonight's episode was sort of a non-episode.  ???
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #195 on: November 09, 2008, 10:01:28 PM »

TRUE BLOOD had another sensational episode tonight as we got some interesting information about Sam. Some distressing things happened, too, all fascinating though I am wearying a bit of tempestuous Tara.

...And only two episodes left this season... :-\

But I'm still looking forward to them(!!).
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #196 on: November 09, 2008, 10:04:42 PM »

We can't even get to two hundred postings.  Bitch-slaps all around.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #197 on: November 09, 2008, 10:05:17 PM »

WUSSBURGERS.  And Jose, you were right about how I posted on location last night :)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #198 on: November 09, 2008, 10:05:57 PM »

And I LOVE it.  And I'm obsessed with it.  And it showed me how to get to the theater.  And I'm sure I haven't even begun to figure out all the lovely things it can do.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #199 on: November 09, 2008, 10:18:18 PM »

WUSSBURGERS.  And Jose, you were right about how I posted on location last night :)

Just remember that the battery life is much(!) shorter than a regular cellphone - five to six hours of active use - but that's normal.  -And surfing the web really does drain the battery faster than just talking on the phone.  I always keep a spare charger/cord in my bag just in case.  In the meantime...

Enjoy!

*And, yes, syncing your iPhone can take a while. -Well, the backing up portion of the sync can take a while. It's best to do backups/syncs at night.  Just start reading some of the forums out there for helpful hints.  I really like The Unofficial Apple Weblog.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #200 on: November 09, 2008, 10:19:09 PM »

And I LOVE it.  And I'm obsessed with it.  And it showed me how to get to the theater.  And I'm sure I haven't even begun to figure out all the lovely things it can do.

And be sure to download Google Earth - Very Cool!
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #201 on: November 09, 2008, 10:24:18 PM »

I don't synch every day - should I?  And are backups automatic when you plug into your computer?  I have to nuke about half the iTunes playlists - I didn't do it manually and it put 1300 songs on - and I don't think I'll be listening - I'm going to keep about 200 and that's it.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #202 on: November 09, 2008, 10:24:44 PM »

What's google Earth?  Is that one of those APPS things?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #203 on: November 09, 2008, 10:25:57 PM »

Just remember that the battery life is much(!) shorter than a regular cellphone - five to six hours of active use - but that's normal.  -And surfing the web really does drain the battery faster than just talking on the phone.  I always keep a spare charger/cord in my bag just in case.  In the meantime...

Enjoy!

*And, yes, syncing your iPhone can take a while. -Well, the backing up portion of the sync can take a while. It's best to do backups/syncs at night.  Just start reading some of the forums out there for helpful hints.  I really like The Unofficial Apple Weblog.

I've come to learn about the battery.  When you say you carry a spare charge - you mean an extra USB cord and the little plug thing?  Is that something you can get at the Apple Store?  And do you have a Blue Tooth ear thing?  If so, what kind?

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #204 on: November 09, 2008, 10:42:21 PM »

I don't synch every day - should I?  And are backups automatic when you plug into your computer?  I have to nuke about half the iTunes playlists - I didn't do it manually and it put 1300 songs on - and I don't think I'll be listening - I'm going to keep about 200 and that's it.

You don't need to sync every day.  Once a week should be fine.  -Or whenever you've added a bunch of new apps and songs, etc.

There is a setting for automatically backing up and syncing your iPhone when your connect your iPhone and/or when you open iTunes.  Just do some "digging" in the Preferences and Menus.

As for iTunes - I created a playlist called "iPhone Music".  I just drag and drop songs to and from there from time to time, and then just sync that Playlist to my iPhone.  This way it will not automatically attempt to sync my whole iTunes library - which would not fit on my iPhone anyway.

Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #205 on: November 09, 2008, 10:43:08 PM »

What's google Earth?  Is that one of those APPS things?

Yes.  Just go to the App Store.  I believe it's still the No. 1 Free App (under the Top 25 lists).
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #206 on: November 09, 2008, 10:46:06 PM »

Enjoy!

I've come to learn about the battery.  When you say you carry a spare charge - you mean an extra USB cord and the little plug thing?  Is that something you can get at the Apple Store?  And do you have a Blue Tooth ear thing?  If so, what kind?

I do carry an extra USB and A/C adapter with me.  There are some after-market battery packs out there - which I may or may not purchase in the future.

I don't have a Blue Tooth earpiece.  I find those annoying, in general, so I'm not getting one.  -However, I do wish the headphones - which are speaker phone enabled - that came with the iPhone were of a better quality.  They're good, but they're still basically the cheap ones that come with the iPod.  -And they don't stay in my ears either.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #207 on: November 09, 2008, 10:46:42 PM »

Did you get the 8Gig or spring for one of the 16Gig ones?
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #208 on: November 09, 2008, 10:51:13 PM »

OH...

bk - The charger is the "same" as the one for the iPod, so since you already have an iPod, you may already have a "spare".

*And, yes, I do think it's almost criminal that Apple charges $29.00 for the USB/charger set-up.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #209 on: November 09, 2008, 10:52:19 PM »

OH!

And finally (for now)....

bk - If you go to:  http://www.apple.com/iphone/tips/

All your basic questions should be answered.  Just go category by category, read each hint.  Very helpful.
Make Your Own Luck.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up