Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: A FUN FIRST DAY OF A FUN REHEARSAL  (Read 5381 times)

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
Re: A FUN FIRST DAY OF A FUN REHEARSAL
« Reply #30 on: May 17, 2017, 07:01:02 AM »

Went to bed at 8:30 p.m. last night.  Slept soundly until 12:38 a.m. (bathroom visit).  After that, fitful all through the night.  I know I slept and dreamed, but I kept waking up wondering what time it was (3:35 a.m.; 3:59 a.m., 4:13 a.m., 4:50 a.m.; 4:49 a.m., etc.)  Got up at 5:45 a.m.

Not a superlative night of sleep, but at least I got some sleep.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #31 on: May 17, 2017, 07:01:13 AM »

Page 2
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #32 on: May 17, 2017, 07:02:30 AM »

I've mapped out some days off between now and my retirement date.  Using up vacation, I am.

Lots of Fridays off.  That's the ticket!!!

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #33 on: May 17, 2017, 07:18:02 AM »

~~~Excellent Vibes and Xylophones for No Sickness, a Good Throat, and a Voice for BK!!~~~

DITTO!

Jane

« Reply #34 on: May 17, 2017, 07:20:15 AM »

Both George and Jane have eaten there.

The place with the very tall chocolate cake and the lovely view of the water?

Jane

« Reply #35 on: May 17, 2017, 07:21:18 AM »

Had a temporary crown put in on a wisdom tooth in the morning and my jaw has been aching ever since.

I would suspect this is the reason you didn't sleep.

Jane

« Reply #36 on: May 17, 2017, 07:22:28 AM »

I've mapped out some days off between now and my retirement date.  Using up vacation, I am.

It sounds like a good plan.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #37 on: May 17, 2017, 07:28:03 AM »

Sounds good to me.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Michael

« Reply #38 on: May 17, 2017, 07:32:16 AM »

Good morning to all
Never stop dreaming.

Jennifer

« Reply #39 on: May 17, 2017, 07:39:02 AM »

DR George I hope that you find your kindle.  That is my worst nightmare. I'm guessing that you did not put your phone number in yours?  I actually don't take my kindle too many places as I'm afraid of losing it.  Good luck!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #40 on: May 17, 2017, 07:48:06 AM »

Good morning to all

Good morning!

Ginny

« Reply #41 on: May 17, 2017, 08:01:46 AM »

Wednesday morning greetings!  I took yesterday off to be a sick person after seeing the doctor and receiving a shot of Kenalog for my severe allergy symptoms.  Today I'm back to doing some AAUW work and trying to make some headway with Mom's finances.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #42 on: May 17, 2017, 08:19:31 AM »

HERE is a video slideshow from the Tea & Art event that Becky and I attended on Saturday.  I'm in bright pink and my masterpiece shows at 1:49.  Becky's work-in-progress shows at :54, along with her black & white checked shirt cuff.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #43 on: May 17, 2017, 08:32:34 AM »

DR GINNY thanks so much for the beautiful card!  It was lovely and your kind words are much appreciated.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #44 on: May 17, 2017, 08:33:18 AM »

Thanks to all for the vibes.....getting into sort of a routine and starting to get things straight in my head.....lots of support which is MUCH appreciated.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #45 on: May 17, 2017, 08:33:52 AM »

Loved the description of the first rehearsal!  Continued rehearsal vibes for ALL projects for MR BK and Co

Ginny

« Reply #46 on: May 17, 2017, 08:36:14 AM »

DR GINNY thanks so much for the beautiful card!  It was lovely and your kind words are much appreciated.

You're welcome, DR JRand.  The card was handmade by my niece Laura.  I've just started cardmaking myself, so some day I'll send you one of my creations!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #47 on: May 17, 2017, 08:38:11 AM »

I look forward to it!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #48 on: May 17, 2017, 08:39:35 AM »

DR JANE I think Marjorie Morningstar speaks to people differently at different stages in their lives.....you might like it better now.

Years ago I gave a copy to an actress friend of mine and she thought I was trying to tell her to get out of the business......when it was really quite the opposite.....

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #49 on: May 17, 2017, 08:39:51 AM »

Thanks to all for the vibes.....getting into sort of a routine and starting to get things straight in my head.....lots of support which is MUCH appreciated.

And more vibes. I don't know if it's possible for me to get things straight in my head or otherwise.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #50 on: May 17, 2017, 08:41:26 AM »

Wednesday morning greetings!  I took yesterday off to be a sick person after seeing the doctor and receiving a shot of Kenalog for my severe allergy symptoms.  Today I'm back to doing some AAUW work and trying to make some headway with Mom's finances.

I hope the Kenalog worked. What is it with the allergens this year?
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #51 on: May 17, 2017, 08:46:07 AM »

What is it with "THIS" particular year?  I swear more people are getting head colds that they continue to think of as allergies, but the symptoms are so "cold"-like...and the head colds generally travel into the chest and they're congested for weeks at a time, coughing and hacking.

Or, is that really just a bad "cold" season?

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #52 on: May 17, 2017, 08:46:55 AM »

Do whatever it takes.  Stay positive.

Ginny

« Reply #53 on: May 17, 2017, 08:53:00 AM »

Around here it never got cold enough for long enough to kill off a lot of nasty stuff.  And it might be my imagination, but this stuff hits me harder when I'm stressed about something else.  Years ago, during DR Elmore's production of The Beggar's Opera, for which I was his director's assistant, I was under severe job stress and in about the shape I'm in now.  This time, it's Mom I'm stressed about.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #54 on: May 17, 2017, 08:55:59 AM »

I'm up, I'm up - about seven-and-a-half hours of sleep.  After today I'll be able to sleep one half hour later.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #55 on: May 17, 2017, 09:21:43 AM »

I've been to Staples and taken care of several projects.  While I was there I ran into my neighbor in the apartment below me.  I adore her.  She's funny, sassy, really smart.  She moved into the building about a year after I did, after the tenant there hanged himself.  When I was dealing with the bedbugs in 2008 and sleeping on the floor on an air mattress, I could hear her panicky weeping through the floor around 2-3am.  She was going through cancer treatment then and came out with flying colors.

Anyway, I hadn't seen her in ages, and she walked back to our building with me.  We laughed all the way as we bitched about the inconsiderate new tenants in the building.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #56 on: May 17, 2017, 09:37:39 AM »

In about twenty minutes I shall be on my way - I'll stop and see if there are any packages or mail, then I'll go to the rehearsal place.

Jane

« Reply #57 on: May 17, 2017, 10:09:29 AM »

It must have been bad to need a shot.  I hope one is all you need.  Feel better.

Jane

« Reply #58 on: May 17, 2017, 10:10:30 AM »

I knew you would have lots of support, and most important is if it is close to home.  You are constantly in my thoughts.

Jane

« Reply #59 on: May 17, 2017, 10:10:59 AM »

You're welcome, DR JRand.  The card was handmade by my niece Laura.  I've just started cardmaking myself, so some day I'll send you one of my creations!

Cool.  Is there a photo of the card?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up