Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Down

Author Topic: DIAL 'M' FOR MUSICAL  (Read 7511 times)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
Re: DIAL 'M' FOR MUSICAL
« Reply #240 on: May 18, 2017, 10:35:21 PM »

I just learned that my friend, author James Spada, has died.  He'd been ill for some time, but I thought he was improving.  Sad.

My condolences on the loss of your friend.

Jane

« Reply #241 on: May 18, 2017, 10:37:12 PM »

Perhaps she saw John G's post about how chili shouldn't be sweet and came to HHW to set the record straight.

Thanks Jeanne I nearly forgot.   John would HATE my chili... No beans and the meat is nicely minced but I use tomatoes AND the dreaded brown sugar....

The chili starts out tasting sweet but builds to a medium burn...

I don't see the sense of burning your mouth off either...some at the chili contest don't think the chili  is hot  enough unless you experience actual physical pain upon ingesting it

Your idea of acute physical pain is probably my idea of mildly piquant.

:)

I am sure it would be the same for me.  I am not a fan of spicy hot food.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #242 on: May 18, 2017, 10:38:02 PM »

Last week when I went to the doctor the receptionist handed me a piece of paper with my name, address, etc and asked me if it was all correct. Yes. Then another piece of paper asking there purpose of my visit. They KNOW the purpose of my visit--I'm required to give it in order to schedule the appointment. I asked about all this extra paper. It turns out they recently confused two patients--very similar names, I was told--and have added this to try to do better. They DO need to do better, but I doubt that this is the way to do it. My dentist takes a picture of each of his patients and adds it to their file so that the staff can recognize them better. I think that makes sense!

A few months ago I got an email from Walgreens that my prescription was ready to be picked up. I haven't used Walgreens in years. She insisted it was me, gave my date of birth and everything. I finally convinced her that I since she was in the east somewhere and I was in Arizona that she had clicked on the wrong name in the computer. I guess there's another one of me out there.

So now I give my name, date of birth, and my street name. Just in case.

Some years ago I went to a new doctor for the first time. He came in to see me with what he said was my file....it was for another woman with my same name and I had trouble convincing him of that fact.... I did not go a second time

That's a bit scary.

See? a photo would help. things are just too impersonal.

At Kaiser Permanente (formerly Group Health), they now always ask you to confirm your name and birth date...you have to do that with every new person you see, so you end up saying it quite a few times for each visit.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jane

« Reply #243 on: May 18, 2017, 10:38:53 PM »

Last week when I went to the doctor the receptionist handed me a piece of paper with my name, address, etc and asked me if it was all correct. Yes. Then another piece of paper asking there purpose of my visit. They KNOW the purpose of my visit--I'm required to give it in order to schedule the appointment. I asked about all this extra paper. It turns out they recently confused two patients--very similar names, I was told--and have added this to try to do better. They DO need to do better, but I doubt that this is the way to do it. My dentist takes a picture of each of his patients and adds it to their file so that the staff can recognize them better. I think that makes sense!

A few months ago I got an email from Walgreens that my prescription was ready to be picked up. I haven't used Walgreens in years. She insisted it was me, gave my date of birth and everything. I finally convinced her that I since she was in the east somewhere and I was in Arizona that she had clicked on the wrong name in the computer. I guess there's another one of me out there.

Some years ago I went to a new doctor for the first time. He came in to see me with what he said was my file....it was for another woman with my same name and I had trouble convincing him of that fact.... I did not go a second time

That is very confusing but also annoying he took convincing.

Jane

« Reply #244 on: May 18, 2017, 10:39:55 PM »

Unfortunately, it clearly came from a smoker's home - you could smell it a mile away and it's made my eyes itch and I hate it so it's going in the cupboard and far away from the likes of me.

>:(

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #245 on: May 18, 2017, 10:44:20 PM »

Larry, I am so sorry to read about your friend's passing.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Jane

« Reply #246 on: May 18, 2017, 10:45:16 PM »

Bruce I think putting it in a cupboard will make it worse.  It at least needs airing out, just far away from you.

Jane

« Reply #247 on: May 18, 2017, 10:46:29 PM »

That's a bit scary.

See? a photo would help. things are just too impersonal.

At Kaiser Permanente (formerly Group Health), they now always ask you to confirm your name and birth date...you have to do that with every new person you see, so you end up saying it quite a few times for each visit.

This is the norm these days.

Jane

« Reply #248 on: May 18, 2017, 10:50:27 PM »

'night.  We have to be up early tomorrow.

Jane

« Reply #249 on: May 18, 2017, 11:06:24 PM »

Great, the 7:00am alarm just went off because I forgot to change the time on the travel click from Lisbon time.  Poor Keith was asleep.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #250 on: May 18, 2017, 11:09:53 PM »

Good night, Jane.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #251 on: May 18, 2017, 11:26:32 PM »

I got a call from Sandy tonight.  I am going to pick him up and we will go to lunch on Saturday.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #252 on: May 18, 2017, 11:28:48 PM »

I am getting rather worried about him.  He took a fall the other night in the bathroom.  He is going to start using a walker around his apartment.
“One thing’s universal,

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #253 on: May 18, 2017, 11:37:24 PM »

I am getting rather worried about him.  He took a fall the other night in the bathroom.  He is going to start using a walker around his apartment.

My dad uses a cane all the time, even at home, too.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Up