Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down

Author Topic: EMPTYING THE TRASH  (Read 20492 times)

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
Re:EMPTYING THE TRASH
« Reply #150 on: June 22, 2006, 06:10:18 PM »

It's definitely plausible that Jeannie shortened to Jean as she got more mature.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #151 on: June 22, 2006, 06:12:44 PM »

I've had three and a half hours of sleep so I'm about ready to fall over.  I am staying at my brother Randy's with his two crazy dogs, wonderful wife Jo and my nephew, the handsome and dashing Matt.  His brother, my handsome ,dashing nephew Cory, picked me up at the airport this morning, but he mo longer lives here.  

Most of my day was with my father, who had an exploratory procedure this morning to check for internal hemorrhaging.  According to his doctor this afternoon, all looks good, but I am - as Eulalie MacKechnie Shinn would say - reticent.  The last time we good a good report, we were told two days later that he was riddled with cancer.

So, tomorrow, I will spend the day with my father, dividing my time between the hiospital room and the cafeteria, where I will appropriate a table to work on a choral piece.

Thank you all for the vibes and good wishes.  Not only is this best site on the internet, but it has the best people!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ginny

« Reply #152 on: June 22, 2006, 06:18:24 PM »

Welcome to Ohio, DR Elmore!  I'm glad you're with your family and will be able to spend time with your father tomorrow.  Continued thoughts and prayers.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #153 on: June 22, 2006, 06:21:35 PM »

Bryan should be here any minute :D.  We get to meet his new, 5'10" girlfriend.  I'm going to feel very, very short next to her.  ;D

DR Jane - maybe somebody will take a picture that you can share?
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #154 on: June 22, 2006, 06:30:19 PM »

I'm glad you got there safely, DR Elmore, and that you got a good report from the doctor. I hope you can enjoy the time with your family.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #155 on: June 22, 2006, 07:22:49 PM »

Good Evening!

Well, I had a good trip up to Poughkeepsie this morning... A surprisingly wonderful and productive production meeting and first rehearsal this afternoon... And then a nice trip back to the City That Never Sleep earlier tonight.

All in all, a very good day.  The people up at NYS&F really know how to take care of their company members - very detailed oriented "attention".  And I'm in a cute little "cottage" this year with a full kitchen!

And I'm blessed with a wonderful cast which is mix of some "newbies" and some Broadway veterans.

*DR Danise - Asa Somers who was in Once Around The Sun is a part of my company.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #156 on: June 22, 2006, 07:25:05 PM »

DR elmore - Good to know that you made it to Ohio safe and sound.  I know that you're their to spend some time with your father, but I also hope that you allow yourself to get some well-deserved rest and sleep over the next few days.  Don't forget to take care of yourself.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #157 on: June 22, 2006, 08:05:50 PM »

DR DakotaCelt - So... Chocolate in San Francisco?  Hmm...

;)

I was only there for one day this past January, but I did manage to hit at least four chocolate shops while I was in town... So...

See's Candy which is based in South San Francisco has shops all over town.  There is a small one right on Union Square Plaza (Powell Street side), and larger nearby one Polk Street.

And if your friend happens to be flying through San Francisco International Airport, there a couple of kiosks throughout the various terminals.

See's Candies in San Francisco

Also near Union Square is a Richart Chocolates boutique.  They are a French company and they specialize in some truly unique and luxurious flavors - and with the accompanying luxury prices.  However, the Richart boutiques are fun to "tour" - they're small, but beautifully laid out, and you can usually talk a member of the sales staff into a free sample or two.

Richart Chocolates

The Swiss company, Teuscher, also has a store in San Fran on Sutter Street - just a block or two from Richart.  The Champagne Truffles are de rigeur.

Teuscher San Francisco

Ghirardelli is the San Francisco chocolate company, and their main store and cafe is located near Fisherman's Wharf.  -Just take the appropriate trolley down to the Wharf and walk up a few blocks to Ghirardelli Square.  To be honest, I've never been that impressed with Ghirardelli chocolate, and I thought that when I bought from the source it would have tasted better, but it did not.  Don't get me wrong, I won't ever turn a Ghirardelli chocolate square, but I just feel that their "premium" quality has declined lately.  *And the pricing for the various bags and tins of chocolate is actually higher than it is at some drug and discount stores nearby.  **There is usually a big discount table - however, the thought of buying "discount"  - out of season - chocolate has never appealed to me.  However...

The various ice cream sundaes and baked goods served at the Ghirardelli Caffe Chocolaterie and Ice Cream Manufactory are truly decadent and deeeee-lish!  If your friend does go to Ghirardelli, make sure that he brings back a jar of their chocolate sauce!

Ghirardelli Square

Ghirardelli

So... If your friend is willing to do a little footwork, and if you really want some chocolate, may I suggest:

A "Discovery Ballotin" from Richart
A 4- or 8-piece box of Champagne Truffles from Teuscher
A San Francisco tin from Ghirardelli
And all the See's that your friend can pack into his luggage!

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #158 on: June 22, 2006, 08:08:40 PM »

Continued enjoying THE ADVENTURES OF SUPERMAN including one of my all-time favorites "The Bully of Dry Gulch."

Truth be told, that episode doesn't have as sharp and blemish free elements as other episodes have had, but it's certainly good enough.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #159 on: June 22, 2006, 08:08:52 PM »

...And, believe it or not, I did do more in San Francisco the one day I was there then just eat chocolate.  Really I did!

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

Matt H.

« Reply #160 on: June 22, 2006, 08:11:01 PM »

Glad to read you got there and are reasonably happy so far with the care your father is receiving. I'm sure no matter what happens, you won't ever regret taking this trip regardless of the cost.

And DR Jose is right: don't forget to take care of yourself.

Matt H.

« Reply #161 on: June 22, 2006, 08:12:54 PM »

I watched about 1/3 of THE GIRL MOST LIKELY. I've never seen this musical before, and so far, the score (by Martin and Blane) has not impressed me despite the three stars out of four that Leonard Maltin has given the film. I'm hoping it gets better.

FJL

« Reply #162 on: June 22, 2006, 08:14:19 PM »

OOZE AND OZ - That's the name of my new TV series about TCB starring as the Wizard in WICKED and then...oh, never mind, I'm even grossing myself out with that one.

:)

Matt H.

« Reply #163 on: June 22, 2006, 08:14:36 PM »

Watched the CSI rerun tonight. I didn't remember much about it from earlier in the season (had to do with the death of a psychic), but I found it one of the show's lesser efforts this season. In addition to a mundane case, there was no George Eads tonigh,. not even a glimpse of him apart from the opening credits.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #164 on: June 22, 2006, 08:15:28 PM »

OH!

DR Dakota Celt - Electric Time Car Rentals is located down at Fisherman's Wharf.  If I had spent more time in the city, I probably would have given them a try - they just started popping up in New York City too.  -However, I'm not sure just how safe I would feel driving an electric car - or any car for that matter - in a "new" city.

Electric Time Car Rentals
Make Your Own Luck.

Matt H.

« Reply #165 on: June 22, 2006, 08:16:05 PM »

I lasted for about thirty minutes of WINDFALL but halfway through the episode, I decided to bail out on the show. I couldn't stand another minute of the stupid, selfish, ridiculous characters and their decisions about life. Really bad writing just drove me away.

Jennifer

« Reply #166 on: June 22, 2006, 08:16:59 PM »

BK, was Matt supposed to be on Soap Talk to promote the dvd? (i can't remember if he was on or was scheduled to be on, or maybe it was only Kevin who was on). But I read that Soap Talk got the axe, and it sounded like they might not tape anymore shows.

Jennifer

« Reply #167 on: June 22, 2006, 08:17:44 PM »

Re: big brother.

I remember danielle well. And i do remember how she got screwed over by the diary room entries. I don't know if i think the fans will vote her in. But i do think the producers will put her in.

But as for monica, can someone remind me who she was. I think i remember her the least of everyone up for selection.

Cillaliz

« Reply #168 on: June 22, 2006, 08:18:37 PM »

Well, I liked Chicken George and I voted for him

Matt H.

« Reply #169 on: June 22, 2006, 08:19:08 PM »

So, I filled in the last half hour of viewing with the second of the evening's episodes of THE OFFICE, one of my favorite ones from earlier in the season - the harbor cruise episode. Broke my heart the first time I watched it, and was just as powerful the second time around.

Irritatingly, our local NBC affiliate chose to preempt NBC's first hour of prime time (admittedly reruns) with a locally produced travelogue around NC called CAROLINA TRAVELER. They show these about 10 times a year. So, I didn't get to see tonight's first OFFICE rerun.

Matt H.

« Reply #170 on: June 22, 2006, 08:20:22 PM »

Yep, SOAP TALK has been canceled. They aren't taping any more shows, but they do have shows in the can that haven't aired yet.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #171 on: June 22, 2006, 08:32:21 PM »

Rehearsal is over!  At last!

RE:Electronic devices and someone somewhere having sex....DR RLP....I can only hope it is so.  It ain't happening in Indiana....but maybe somewheres....
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #172 on: June 22, 2006, 08:32:41 PM »

Glad you made it to your destination, DRELMORE.....

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #173 on: June 22, 2006, 08:33:38 PM »

DR FJL - If you've never seen the show... And you're in the mood for some true silliness, there's always the long-running Shear Madness up in the Kennedy Center's Terrace Theatre Lab.
Make Your Own Luck.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #174 on: June 22, 2006, 08:35:40 PM »

Well it's one thing to have a skinny waist like Audrey....and quite another to have a skinny waist AND a BIG port des bras.  

;D ;D

MBarnum

« Reply #175 on: June 22, 2006, 08:44:51 PM »

Rehearsal is over!  At last!

RE:Electronic devices and someone somewhere having sex....DR RLP....I can only hope it is so.  It ain't happening in Indiana....but maybe somewheres....

I don't know DR JRand55...my friend Jim just moved back to Indiana...so it might be happening...it just might!

MBarnum

« Reply #176 on: June 22, 2006, 08:46:56 PM »

With Allison AND Jacque in that picture...who would even be looking at poor Marcia Henderson??  :-\

MBarnum

« Reply #177 on: June 22, 2006, 08:48:12 PM »

I voted for Chicken George just because I wanted SOMEONE from season 1 to be on this round!

All the others from the season must have lives now! LOL!

MBarnum

« Reply #178 on: June 22, 2006, 08:49:40 PM »

Bosco and I had our first doggie training tonight. It went well enough...Bosco behaved, but he didn't always pay attention...and he seemed to forget how to sit!

MBarnum

« Reply #179 on: June 22, 2006, 08:50:19 PM »

Well, don't everyone speak at once!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up