Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: RAVE IN THE NAVE  (Read 18788 times)

The Vixter

Re: RAVE IN THE NAVE
« Reply #120 on: November 14, 2010, 02:04:46 PM »

Oh, I forgot:

Jane, you said you had problems going through security. Did it have something to do with your shoulder?

I gotta tell you this extra security thing has been "interesting" especially since the latest bomb scare.  This was my first trip traveling with the injection that must be hand checked & not put through the x-ray equipment.  Leaving Medford they were very nice as well as very thorough.  It was rather laughable being lined up for the body and luggage check with all the old people, none of who even slightly resembled the "stereo type" terrorist.  

In Portland the security guard yelled at me and absolutely refused to let me enter carrying my medicine bag.  He yelled at me if I didn't put it with the rest of my stuff to roll through the machine I could not get on the plane.  He told me my doctor was an idiot and the machine was just like sunlight, or something to that effect, and could not be harmed.  He wouldn't even look at the letter I was carrying.  I admit, I was very intimidated and did not demand to speak to a supervisor & put my very expensive medication through the machine. 

Jane, don't let anyone be so rude to you ever again. You have your rights, and by God, you should get them. It was completely un-fair for him to be so mean and rude to you because you were worried about your health. Honestly, if I were you, I would've gotten a spervisor to yell at the man for you. Or improvise and do it yourself. *hugs* Poor Janey.
Me: Hi, my names Vicky, and I think I might have become a textaholic.
All my friends: Hi Vicky. *Applause*

The Vixter

« Reply #121 on: November 14, 2010, 02:06:07 PM »

Also, PAGE FIVE DANCE

thriller zombies appear with Bruce in the lead
« Last Edit: November 14, 2010, 02:08:54 PM by The Vixter »

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #122 on: November 14, 2010, 02:07:14 PM »

The woman who had to give me my body check was very nice and called the supervisor over.  They were both not happy about the man who yelled at me and asked who it was.  The supervisor gave me some tips on dealing with a situation like this again and a complaint card to fill out.  She also took my name & info.  I expect this will also go on the "gentleman's" record.   I know these people have a lot to deal with at that stage of the security check and can be a bit gruff.  I have never dealt with anyone that yelled at me like that or denied me my rights.

The Vixter

« Reply #123 on: November 14, 2010, 02:08:08 PM »

The woman who had to give me my body check was very nice and called the supervisor over.  They were both not happy about the man who yelled at me and asked who it was.  The supervisor gave me some tips on dealing with a situation like this again and a complaint card to fill out.  She also took my name & info.  I expect this will also go on the "gentleman's" record.   I know these people have a lot to deal with at that stage of the security check and can be a bit gruff.  I have never dealt with anyone that yelled at me like that or denied me my rights.

*Hugs again* Poor Jane...

Jane

« Reply #124 on: November 14, 2010, 02:11:22 PM »

Thanks Vixter :D  I really am surprised I let him intimidate me like that.  It really was the entire situation was so shocking and he mentioned something about new equipment which made me doubt myself.  I won't let that happen again and in some ways it was a good learning experience.   At least I was on the way home where I knew I could get more medicine.

I searched the drug website & it does say the x-ray machine "might" be a problem so I think I'm safe to use it until I can talk to someone at the drug company tomorrow.

Jane

« Reply #125 on: November 14, 2010, 02:11:46 PM »

You are very sweet Vicky, but then I have always know that. :)

Jane

« Reply #126 on: November 14, 2010, 02:12:24 PM »

Vixter you would have enjoyed last night.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #127 on: November 14, 2010, 02:13:31 PM »

Well, I need to take a shower and run some errands.

Be back later!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

The Vixter

« Reply #128 on: November 14, 2010, 02:20:47 PM »

Thanks Vixter :D  I really am surprised I let him intimidate me like that.  It really was the entire situation was so shocking and he mentioned something about new equipment which made me doubt myself.  I won't let that happen again and in some ways it was a good learning experience.   At least I was on the way home where I knew I could get more medicine.

I searched the drug website & it does say the x-ray machine "might" be a problem so I think I'm safe to use it until I can talk to someone at the drug company tomorrow.

Ok, but if you turn green or something, we're going back and suing his butt.

The Vixter

« Reply #129 on: November 14, 2010, 02:21:19 PM »

Vixter you would have enjoyed last night.

? What, the Rave?

td

• td
« Reply #130 on: November 14, 2010, 02:21:20 PM »

It's rainy and chilly here.

Made and early dinner for six people, sauerkraut, pork, mashed potatoes, hot dogs, applesauce and Poke-N-Soak Cake.
Ate at one. 
Napped at three.
Grocery shopped at four.
Came online at five.

If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

Jennifer

« Reply #131 on: November 14, 2010, 02:24:05 PM »

Last night DR Edi wrote:
We have Smarties here in the states, but they're different; more like a roll of little Sweet Tarts:

http://www.amazon.com/Candy-Smarties-160-pieces-unit/dp/B000PD5G5G

We have those here too. I didn't know that you guys called those smarties. I hate those candies!

I really am surprised that the US does not have our smarties. They are so good. Definitely one of the most popular chocolates here. And one of my favs.

I LOVE Smarties - the U.S. version.  They're one of my favorite Halloween candies.

I think the Canadian Smarties are sort of like "Flicks" - which I know a couple of DRs - and bk himself - still miss.  -Although, there always seems to be a report of them coming back into production...

OH! Nevermind - Here they are! FLICKS

-And I guess the Canadian Smarties are not like Flicks, so "nevermind" that too. ::)

The picture of the US smarties looks like this candy that everyone gives out every year. I'm not sure their name. But they are gross. They look exactly the same as the picture. Although I'm sure the ones here must be another brand (they can't both be smarties.

The Canadian smarties taste and are a lot like M+Ms, just flatter.

td

• td
« Reply #132 on: November 14, 2010, 02:24:52 PM »

DR Jane - >>>>>hugs<<<<<
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

Jennifer

« Reply #133 on: November 14, 2010, 02:25:11 PM »

I've never heard of Flicks.

Ginny

« Reply #134 on: November 14, 2010, 02:25:57 PM »

LOL, DR The Vixter!  It's nice to have you around this afternoon!  You sound like a busy girl.  The college work is SUPPOSED to be hard, but it's so worth it.  Richard and I wish we'd encouraged DS Rob to do even more of it than he did.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

The Vixter

« Reply #135 on: November 14, 2010, 02:29:49 PM »

Hey everyone, long time no- well, see or chat.

Let's see... Anyone who meet up with Mom last week will know I was an extra in the school comedy, Heaven Can Wait, about... I think it was last weekend, but somehow, I can't remember time distences any more. O_O It went off sucsessfully... The next day. We got maybe two laughs the first day, and you could see how stressed we all got, because the queen bee *@%^#-ed alot more at us in the dressing room to "shut the front door". Also, for the sake of My Mom's sanity, and so I don't end up beaten up by said mother., any curses shall be censored. The next day went much better, but I have a feeling that that was because my friend Nick was in the audiance. How did we know? You can hear his laugh from backstage, and he was in the back of the auditorium. His laugh is very distinctive, and thankfully, along with the casts attics of "last night rule" he set the crowd off to join him. It got to the point where, in passing, we in the cast and crew would give a fond glance to each other and simply say- "Oh, Nick."- with a smile. It has been requested that though he is a senior, he must come back to every comedy so we never have that "off" night again.

I have somehow managed to get into our drama this year; Les Miserables. A feat that I've been attempting since first learning of it, and now am slightly scared of being in the play. I thought that everyone was JOKING when they said the teacher was fierce, but I guess not. Especially since she said "If you have a commitment, let me know so I can re-cast you. There's 35 of you, 1 of me, and I will have order, no matter who you are. Also, if you are not on this calender for a certain day. Don't come, I don't want you here." I know that she works with us like we're professionals, so I think, 'cool, I can go home and get this college stuff done finally' but my friend who landed Javert on his first audition for her (WAY TO GO VICTOR YOU MAKE ALL OF US PROUD!!!) is slightly frightened of being left with her after school every day, without the rest of our group there.

Hmmm, Nick?   Hmmm, Victor?

(I changed the exclamation points to question marks.  The exclamaition points made it sound like I had the hots for high school boys.)

Oh please DR TCB. I don't date the men in my group, it'd be too wierd. :D I'm really close with them though, to the point of Victor and I go around saying we're identical twins, regardless of gender and the fact that we're different races. :D And Nick and I have known each other since we were in kindergarden, and have heard that we were a couple since we met in kindergarden acoording to everyone else in school. We are so used to it that we laugh about it, but we don't feel that way about each other honestly. The only other guys in my group are Mike (Wierdo), Marcus (Asexual at last count), Marc (NEVER), and Brian (Who is too much of a teddy bear to date. I simply cuddle him, as is customery with Brian.) Oh and Charles and Danny. But both are in college.

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #136 on: November 14, 2010, 02:30:23 PM »

wellI am backfrom my "grand day out"
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

Ginny

« Reply #137 on: November 14, 2010, 02:32:01 PM »

One interesting thing about today's trip to Lima:  we drove the rental car that our insurance is providing while Rob's car is in the hospital.  It's a Kia Sorrento - bigger than anything I've ever driven.  I drove about halfway home and then let Richard take over to drive through Dayton's construction zone.  It has satellite radio and we enjoyed the On Broadway station, which is kind of like having your iPod on shuffle without a menu.  I knew most of the selections, but some were unfamiliar and I'd have liked to have them identified.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

vixmom

« Reply #138 on: November 14, 2010, 02:34:26 PM »

I took my Mom to several stores to do some shopping and then we went Panera for lunch

Mom had a cup of chicken noodle soup and 1/2  smoked turkey sandwich

I had the cup of chicken & wild rice soup and the 1/2  orchard salad (which was HUGE!)  the salad was FANTASTIC  All-natural chicken, field greens, romaine, dried cherries, fresh D’Anjou pears, Gorgonzola, toasted pecans &  cherry balsamic vinaigrette

YUM!!!

vixmom

« Reply #139 on: November 14, 2010, 02:37:38 PM »

Let's see... Anyone who meet up with Mom last week will know I was an extra in the school comedy, Heaven Can Wait, about... I think it was last weekend, but somehow, I can't remember time distences any more. O_O It went off sucsessfully... The next day. We got maybe two laughs the first day, and you could see how stressed we all got, because the queen bee *@%^#-ed alot more at us in the dressing room to "shut the front door". Also, for the sake of My Mom's sanity, and so I don't end up beaten up by said mother., any curses shall be censored. The next day went much better, but I have a feeling that that was because my friend Nick was in the audiance. How did we know? You can hear his laugh from backstage, and he was in the back of the auditorium. His laugh is very distinctive, and thankfully, along with the casts attics of "last night rule" he set the crowd off to join him. It got to the point where, in passing, we in the cast and crew would give a fond glance to each other and simply say- "Oh, Nick."- with a smile. It has been requested that though he is a senior, he must come back to every comedy so we never have that "off" night again.

I have somehow managed to get into our drama this year; Les Miserables. A feat that I've been attempting since first learning of it, and now am slightly scared of being in the play. I thought that everyone was JOKING when they said the teacher was fierce, but I guess not. Especially since she said "If you have a commitment, let me know so I can re-cast you. There's 35 of you, 1 of me, and I will have order, no matter who you are. Also, if you are not on this calender for a certain day. Don't come, I don't want you here." I know that she works with us like we're professionals, so I think, 'cool, I can go home and get this college stuff done finally' but my friend who landed Javert on his first audition for her (WAY TO GO VICTOR YOU MAKE ALL OF US PROUD!!!) is slightly frightened of being left with her after school every day, without the rest of our group there.

(I changed the exclamation points to question marks.  The exclamaition points made it sound like I had the hots for high school boys.)

Oh please DR TCB. I don't date the men in my group, it'd be too wierd. :D I'm really close with them though, to the point of Victor and I go around saying we're identical twins, regardless of gender and the fact that we're different races. :D And Nick and I have known each other since we were in kindergarden, and have heard that we were a couple since we met in kindergarden acoording to everyone else in school. We are so used to it that we laugh about it, but we don't feel that way about each other honestly. The only other guys in my group are Mike (Wierdo), Marcus (Asexual at last count), Marc (NEVER), and Brian (Who is too much of a teddy bear to date. I simply cuddle him, as is customery with Brian.) Oh and Charles and Danny. But both are in college.

cuddling?  I was not aware of any cuddling!

vixmom

« Reply #140 on: November 14, 2010, 02:39:47 PM »

Jane I am so sorry that the security guy gave you sucha hard time - I am glad that the supervisor was sympathetic - I only wish he had gotten involved before your meds were xrayed

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #141 on: November 14, 2010, 02:48:37 PM »

John G, my compliments to you.  At first I thought those exquisite photos were by our talented Laura.

Many thanks.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

The Vixter

« Reply #142 on: November 14, 2010, 02:49:07 PM »

cuddling?  I was not aware of any cuddling!

And we wonder why I barely comment on here. Speaking of which, I must now leave you all to do a project for Psych, or else my Mother may go to "wig factor seven" and no one wants to see THAT. Farewell, DR's. I'll do my best to get on at least once a week, but If I don't, do forgive me. Bye!

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #143 on: November 14, 2010, 02:50:16 PM »

Yum, Vixmom, that is my favorite salad. Think I'll get one tonight! Panera is right by my house.
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #144 on: November 14, 2010, 02:51:59 PM »

Since I've have this sinus thingy, what better time than to cut the grass and rake the leaves? If my DH was here he would tell me I'm not supposed to be doing that, but since he's not here at the moment I thought I'd get a bunch of yard work done before he could stop me! But I did wear a mask!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Ginny

« Reply #145 on: November 14, 2010, 02:52:19 PM »

I'm so glad that the Portland event was such a success and that all the travelers have arrived home safely!

Not thrilled to read about DR Jane's airport security experience.  I hope the conversation with the supervisor brings some resolution and that the meds are OK.

Edisaurus

« Reply #146 on: November 14, 2010, 02:52:28 PM »

I'm loving all the reports form The Vixter. Ah, to be young again! Enjoy it, ya wild kid, ya!

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #147 on: November 14, 2010, 02:52:50 PM »

The more I think of those ungrateful cast members of STARFIGHTER, the madder I get!
Ditto. It's just ugly behavior.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #148 on: November 14, 2010, 02:53:45 PM »

I'm back from the Comic Con.

I did quite well for a Sunday.

I'm totally exhausted.
You can dream…or you can do.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #149 on: November 14, 2010, 02:55:09 PM »

And here's BK tinkling on the piano:

Okay, this is the single worst photograph of me that I've ever seen - this kind of lighting I don't need, not a my age.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10   Go Up