Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: PHONE HOME  (Read 24919 times)

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
Re: PHONE HOME
« Reply #60 on: October 10, 2012, 12:05:32 PM »

Three!
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #61 on: October 10, 2012, 12:35:14 PM »

Yes....horse racing.

DR MBARNUM I think someone sent you a copy of that movie some time ago.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #62 on: October 10, 2012, 12:35:52 PM »

See Si Sue Cy.   

Now I want to watch The Jack Benny Show

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #63 on: October 10, 2012, 12:36:35 PM »

How is Nicky DR TCB?

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #64 on: October 10, 2012, 12:55:17 PM »

The Rat Race arrived yesterday.   Beautiful cover photo on the CD....and nice photos inside with the notes as well.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #65 on: October 10, 2012, 01:00:59 PM »

Good morning, all!

I slept very poorly, following the huge explosion last night over an email I sent as a reply to a colleague that pissed off another person. The other person then sent me an email beginning "who the f**k are you to answer my question like that?"  Since, to my knowledge, I hadn't had any email from this person yesterday or answered any question of his, i was completely puzzled by the attack. I still am. So, that began a round of unpleasant emails that kept me awake longer than I would have liked and ended what I thought was a good friendship.  It doesn't make me happy.

So, I'm lying low today. I will meet at some point today with my colleague Curtis over the ROBERTA scores and what needs to be accomplished in preparing this recording. I will finish my chart for Act Two.

Looks like the DVD market is now forcing customers to purchase Blu-Ray discs or suffer. I dislike intensely being pressured to purchase new equipment  but the search for a nonregional blu-ray player has begun.

I've very sorry about your e-mail attack, Larry. :(

As for the DVD/Blu-ray crap, the library where I work is having the same problem.  We don't buy Blu-ray titles, even if the DVD/Blu-ray combo pack is the only way to get the title.  I have to try and find an Amazon market seller who only has the DVD and get them that way.

:P I say.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #66 on: October 10, 2012, 01:01:17 PM »

We watched ROCK OF AGES last night.

:(

The (non-Equity, I'm sure) tour is coming to the Washington Center for the Performing Arts, here in Olympia next year. 

I'll usher for it. ::)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #67 on: October 10, 2012, 01:01:41 PM »

I apologize for being E & T all day yesterday.  Nicky had a medical crisis yesterday morning.  Fortunately, I was able to press mys sister into service to take my to the Vet.  We both came home yesterday afternoon and we both crashed for the rest of the afternoon and part of the evening.

~~~Vibes for DC Nicky!!~~~

George

« Reply #68 on: October 10, 2012, 01:02:18 PM »

I think I really need to watch E.T. someday. Not sure how it is that I've missed it all of these years.

I haven't even seen the Bollywood version yet!
Now I'd like to see a Bollywood version.

There are some significant plot changes. :-\

I wonder who played BK's role. ;)

Laura

« Reply #69 on: October 10, 2012, 01:02:20 PM »

Psy.

"That's a lotta hamsters."

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #70 on: October 10, 2012, 01:40:11 PM »

Seye!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #71 on: October 10, 2012, 01:41:06 PM »

Back from a nice lunch (caprese sandwich) and walk.  Feel much better.

Ready to tackle the afternoon and then get the heck outta here and get home!

Expected in today's amazon.com delivery:  "Whatever Happened to Baby Jane" (Blu-ray)
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #72 on: October 10, 2012, 01:44:56 PM »

Back from a delightfully delightful lunch with Miss Alet Taylor.  Also sitting nearby was Lloyd Schwartz (son of Sherwood, creator of Gilligan's Island) and actor Jerry Houser.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #73 on: October 10, 2012, 01:45:12 PM »

Already finished the bulk of the busywork, so that's good!

George

« Reply #74 on: October 10, 2012, 01:53:32 PM »

Back from a nice lunch (caprese sandwich) and walk.  Feel much better.

Ready to tackle the afternoon and then get the heck outta here and get home!

Expected in today's amazon.com delivery:  "Whatever Happened to Baby Jane" (Blu-ray)

Just received in today's Amazon delivery:  Little Shop of Horrors and Prometheus (Blu-rays both)! :D

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #75 on: October 10, 2012, 02:58:20 PM »

Single DVD's are getting more difficult to find/buy.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #76 on: October 10, 2012, 03:24:55 PM »

In today's mail, I got the no-frills director's cut of LITTLE SHOP OF HORRORS andSeason 7 of BONES. I also got the new soundtrack release of Disney's CINDERELLA with demos of seven cut songs.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ginny

« Reply #77 on: October 10, 2012, 03:31:46 PM »

We have arrived in Richfield, a southern 'burb of Cleveland, OH.  We had several stops to make on our way out of town and we stopped for a nice lunch just north of Columbus.  We went to Lehman's, a self-sufficiency outfitter in Amish country and to the Smucker store in Orrville.  I think we'll just walk to the jernt next door for dinner and call it an early night.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #78 on: October 10, 2012, 03:33:44 PM »

Page 3?  Oy and Vey

I, of course, have nothing to contribute, not even a witty question for the esteemed bk.  :(

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #79 on: October 10, 2012, 03:49:05 PM »

We have arrived in Richfield, a southern 'burb of Cleveland, OH.  We had several stops to make on our way out of town and we stopped for a nice lunch just north of Columbus.  We went to Lehman's, a self-sufficiency outfitter in Amish country and to the Smucker store in Orrville.  I think we'll just walk to the jernt next door for dinner and call it an early night.

Have some shoo fly pie with ice cream! Oops! Tell Richard to have it.

"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #80 on: October 10, 2012, 03:49:29 PM »

Time to find some dinner.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #81 on: October 10, 2012, 03:56:51 PM »

Finessing mixes is starting earlier than planned - at five-thirty.  That's good - we'll finish earlier.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #82 on: October 10, 2012, 03:57:04 PM »

DR Dakota your memories of visiting your grandparent's in rural ND sound like a story out of a children's book on the perfect visit to Grandma's house.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #83 on: October 10, 2012, 03:59:49 PM »

Finished writing an opening number for one of the upcoming Outside The Box episodes - I'd written the other two numbers last February, but wasn't happy with not having something to open with to set the tone as it were.  I got the idea for this about two months ago, and even got the tune for the first four lines - then I finished the lyric but couldn't figure out how to set it correctly, until I figured out that the form of it was not right.  I added three lines before the first four lines and that fixed that, then I rearranged the lines after the first four lines, cut them down and now it all works splendidly and the music came very quickly.  I sent it off to the guy who transcribes and does the piano tracks so hopefully he'll get to it shortly and this will be one of the two we shoot in three weeks.

Jane

« Reply #84 on: October 10, 2012, 04:07:20 PM »

Football player turned actor, Alex Karras has passed away...

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/10/10/entertainment-us-karras-idUSBRE89913920121010

Below is a clip of him when he was on Centennial... Also in the clip is Gregory Harrison..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APk6EwHOm88

Thanks for the links.  It is sad to read how long he suffered.

Jane

« Reply #85 on: October 10, 2012, 04:07:58 PM »

Football player turned actor, Alex Karras has passed away...

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/10/10/entertainment-us-karras-idUSBRE89913920121010

Below is a clip of him when he was on Centennial... Also in the clip is Gregory Harrison..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APk6EwHOm88
He was great in "Victor/Victoria."

Yes he was.

Jane

« Reply #86 on: October 10, 2012, 04:11:56 PM »

I think I really need to watch E.T. someday. Not sure how it is that I've missed it all of these years.

DR JohnG, here is the trailer which may or may not make you want to watch it. The child in E.T. is changed to a mentally challenged young man in India's version.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBpZH-CFgZ0

It was a super hit in India, but like E.T., I guess it never interested me enough to get around to watching it. But, I am sure one day I will do so.

That's E.T.-LOL!!!

It has definitely lost the cuteness of the original which I think you might enjoy.

Jane

« Reply #87 on: October 10, 2012, 04:13:31 PM »

I apologize for being E & T all day yesterday.  Nicky had a medical crisis yesterday morning.  Fortunately, I was able to press mys sister into service to take my to the Vet.  We both came home yesterday afternoon and we both crashed for the rest of the afternoon and part of the evening.

How is DC Nicky today?

MBarnum

« Reply #88 on: October 10, 2012, 04:59:06 PM »

DR JohnG, here is the trailer which may or may not make you want to watch it. The child in E.T. is changed to a mentally challenged young man in India's version.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBpZH-CFgZ0

It was a super hit in India, but like E.T., I guess it never interested me enough to get around to watching it. But, I am sure one day I will do so.

That's E.T.-LOL!!!

It has definitely lost the cuteness of the original which I think you might enjoy.

I think the trailer tones down the cuteness quotient so as to appeal to a wider audience, rather than kids. Bollywood movies usually have several different trailers, focusing on different aspects...action or drama or romance, etc. They like to cover all bases.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #89 on: October 10, 2012, 05:01:01 PM »

Finessing has been pushed back to six-thirty and will probably just end up being at its original time of seven.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up