Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Down

Author Topic: 2008 WE HARDLY KNEW YE  (Read 28243 times)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
Re: 2008 WE HARDLY KNEW YE
« Reply #210 on: December 29, 2008, 06:38:22 PM »

Doesn't having a new bag on wheels qualify me to jump to the head of the page-turner line?

;D

Well, at least I know you'll have some fashionable luggage on board.

I'll move you up in the queue.
Make Your Own Luck.

Michael

« Reply #211 on: December 29, 2008, 06:39:08 PM »

Here is photo of some familiar faces back in December 2005
Never stop dreaming.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #212 on: December 29, 2008, 06:39:33 PM »

Congratulations on the Cruising news DR Jose.  Don't go there DR TCB.

Too late!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #213 on: December 29, 2008, 06:40:05 PM »

2005?  Are you sure you don't mean 2006?
Make Your Own Luck.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #214 on: December 29, 2008, 06:41:15 PM »

Doesn't having a new bag on wheels qualify me to jump to the head of the page-turner line?

;D

Well, at least I know you'll have some fashionable luggage on board.

I'll move you up in the queue.

Ginny, isn't it time you got a job?
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #215 on: December 29, 2008, 06:41:26 PM »

Oh... And on the bright side (Part 2)...

And I guess part of lack of sleep could be due to the fact that I've been seeing someone for the past couple of months, so...

;)  ::)   :P  :-X

Just today I was wondering & wasn't sure if I should ask. :)

Well, there's nothing to ask about right now.  It just is what it is.  :)
Make Your Own Luck.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #216 on: December 29, 2008, 06:42:26 PM »

How is DD Dixie this evening?  Is she home or at the vet's?
Last we've heard, Dixie is at the vet's, with more surgery having been performed.  Der B's daughter is not keeping us posted hourly, but if there was a real disaster I'm certain we'd have heard something.

Continued vibes for the poor thing.  They must have really screwed up if more surgery was required. 

Jane

« Reply #217 on: December 29, 2008, 06:44:35 PM »

Oh... And on the bright side (Part 2)...

And I guess part of lack of sleep could be due to the fact that I've been seeing someone for the past couple of months, so...

;)  ::)   :P  :-X

Just today I was wondering & wasn't sure if I should ask. :)

Well, there's nothing to ask about right now.  It just is what it is.  :)

My curiosity has been satisfied, I know you are still dating.

Cillaliz

« Reply #218 on: December 29, 2008, 06:47:32 PM »

On the bright side...

I just received confirmation today that I will be playing for a former "Disney Princess" sometime in the very near future on the Disney Cruise Line.  This time round, it will be the 7-Day Itinerary with stops in St. Maarten and St. Thomas/St. John.  And just like when I do the audition workshops on board, I will only be "working" for about two hours total, and the rest of the time I get to be a passenger.  :)

That sounds like great fun!! 

Michael

« Reply #219 on: December 29, 2008, 06:48:36 PM »

One more
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #220 on: December 29, 2008, 06:49:16 PM »

2005?  Are you sure you don't mean 2006?

yes you are correct
Never stop dreaming.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #221 on: December 29, 2008, 06:50:36 PM »

Several years ago (before the "new" Doctor Who even started), I vaguely remember reading something about the transformations and that it had been established YEARS ago that the Doctor could only transform a certain number of times (and then he would really die).  Do you (or anyone) know anything about that? 
During the long run of the series, and I cannot remember exactly when, it was determined that a Time Lord could regenerate twelve times, giving him (or her, if she was a Time Lady) thirteen lives.

However, part of the Master's story arc was that he'd already run through his regenerations, and somehow managed to go further by taking over other people's bodies (see The Keeper of Traken).  And, obviously, he was able to regenerate in the Third Series story Utopia, when he went from being Derek Jacobi to John Simm.

Plus, there is the curious case of The Valeyard, all through The Trial of a Time Lord (aka the 23rd season), who turned out to be a part of the Doctor, somewhere between his twelfth and thirteenth regenerations, who was trying to take over the Doctor's earlier regenerations.

No matter what happens, I'm sure Moffat or whoever will come up with some way of allowing the Doctor to continue.  Where there is a will, there is an ingenious scriptwriter capable of practically anything!

Or they could just ignore that little piece of information. ;)

Revisionist history is rampant in TV series.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #222 on: December 29, 2008, 06:52:08 PM »

On the bright side...

I just received confirmation today that I will be playing for a former "Disney Princess" sometime in the very near future on the Disney Cruise Line.  This time round, it will be the 7-Day Itinerary with stops in St. Maarten and St. Thomas/St. John.  And just like when I do the audition workshops on board, I will only be "working" for about two hours total, and the rest of the time I get to be a passenger.  :)

Congrats!  Cool!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #223 on: December 29, 2008, 06:53:44 PM »

Well, I need to be leaving work.  I have to pick up some stuff at my sister's and go to my parents' house.

Until later!

George

« Reply #224 on: December 29, 2008, 06:54:45 PM »

Several years ago (before the "new" Doctor Who even started), I vaguely remember reading something about the transformations and that it had been established YEARS ago that the Doctor could only transform a certain number of times (and then he would really die).  Do you (or anyone) know anything about that? 
During the long run of the series, and I cannot remember exactly when, it was determined that a Time Lord could regenerate twelve times, giving him (or her, if she was a Time Lady) thirteen lives.

However, part of the Master's story arc was that he'd already run through his regenerations, and somehow managed to go further by taking over other people's bodies (see The Keeper of Traken).  And, obviously, he was able to regenerate in the Third Series story Utopia, when he went from being Derek Jacobi to John Simm.

Plus, there is the curious case of The Valeyard, all through The Trial of a Time Lord (aka the 23rd season), who turned out to be a part of the Doctor, somewhere between his twelfth and thirteenth regenerations, who was trying to take over the Doctor's earlier regenerations.

No matter what happens, I'm sure Moffat or whoever will come up with some way of allowing the Doctor to continue.  Where there is a will, there is an ingenious scriptwriter capable of practically anything!

Before you think me rude...Thanks for the info! ;D

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #225 on: December 29, 2008, 07:11:01 PM »

Or they could just ignore that little piece of information. ;)

Revisionist history is rampant in TV series.
Ignore that little piece of information?  Surely you jest!

Whovians are more dedicated to their subject than any trekkie.  They would notice the lack of adhesion to the history, and would jeer the perpetrator into the Void.

(If the Esteemed BK knew how much more dedicated the Whovians are compared to, say, the film score crowd, his mind would be boggled!)

:D
« Last Edit: December 29, 2008, 07:20:23 PM by S. Woody White »
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

MBarnum

« Reply #226 on: December 29, 2008, 07:19:30 PM »

I am on a Universal kick today (maybe due to the Vera West discussion of a few days back) and just watched a cute comedy from 1940 titled LOVE, HONOR AND O' BABY starring Donald Woods and Kathryn Adams.

Up next was the Andrew Sister's 1942 musical GIVE OUT, SISTERS co-starring Grace McDonald and Dan Dailey and the Jiven Jacks and Jills (which included a very young Donald O'Connor).

Now for another Universal musical, STRICKLY IN THE GROOVE (1942) starring Mary Healy, Richard Davies, Grace McDonald and Ozzie Nelson.

I'm embarrassed to admit that I've never heard of any of those pictures.

Don't be embarrassed DR Druxy, most of Universal's B films of the 30s and 40s (other then the horror films and Abbott and Costello movies) haven't been seen since that days of the UHF channel late, late, late shows. The only way to find them now is by those who collected 16 mm films, thus the DVDrs that I purchased.

But I tell you, these films are a lot of fun! Nobody made movies like Universal!

Jane

« Reply #227 on: December 29, 2008, 07:24:39 PM »

Bruce, we finally watched WALL-E.  Yup, a wonderful imaginative movie.  :)

MBarnum

« Reply #228 on: December 29, 2008, 07:25:32 PM »

Wow, was it really two years ago that we were all in LA for the Brain! What a fun time that was!!

MBarnum

« Reply #229 on: December 29, 2008, 07:26:01 PM »

Took a vacation day, DR Jane. And it has been great!

MBarnum

« Reply #230 on: December 29, 2008, 07:26:41 PM »

Who is the lucky guy, DR Jose! I don't think you have told us...well, at least not in much detail.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #231 on: December 29, 2008, 07:27:50 PM »

And a little birdie - well, a Facebook status - has told me that DR elmore has made it safe and sound back to NYC.
Make Your Own Luck.

MBarnum

« Reply #232 on: December 29, 2008, 07:32:06 PM »

Finished with Tarzan, and finished another Universal, this time the musical mystery THE CRIMSON CANARY (1945) starring Noah Beery Jr, Lois Collier, and John Litel.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #233 on: December 29, 2008, 07:35:58 PM »

For those DRs who are looking for a way to "endure" the current run of reruns, here's some info on some Webisode series that may help tide you over until the new episodes start back up again:

NBC Bridges Series Gaps With Online Minidramas
Make Your Own Luck.

Jane

« Reply #234 on: December 29, 2008, 07:43:34 PM »

And a little birdie - well, a Facebook status - has told me that DR elmore has made it safe and sound back to NYC.

I saw that :)  I bet he is tired.

Jane

« Reply #235 on: December 29, 2008, 07:44:00 PM »

DR MBarnum, I'm glad you enjoyed your day off & just relaxed.

Jane

« Reply #236 on: December 29, 2008, 07:44:10 PM »

'night

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #237 on: December 29, 2008, 07:52:13 PM »

I had a Subway turkey for lunch.  It was very good.  I've been snacking on other things since then, none of them terribly problematic.  I've done Garage Band versions of the two new Nudie numbers, I've watched a motion picture on DVD and am now watching the featurettes that came with.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #238 on: December 29, 2008, 07:52:28 PM »

JMK, please let us know how Stairway to Heaven looks.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #239 on: December 29, 2008, 07:54:15 PM »

I am on much earlier than usual tonight. I wanted to get the Criterion review finished and posted, but since there weren't that many bonux features to write up, it didn't take nearly as long as I figured. I could have watched an NCIS episode and still not been in any danger of working into the dead of night.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Up