Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: THE RELAXING AND PEACEFUL BIRTHDAY  (Read 2697 times)

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
Re: THE RELAXING AND PEACEFUL BIRTHDAY
« Reply #60 on: December 09, 2014, 10:59:08 AM »

Page 3
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #61 on: December 09, 2014, 10:59:42 AM »

:D   Easy Peasy to get to page 3sy  :(
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ginny

« Reply #62 on: December 09, 2014, 11:20:25 AM »

Ginny:  Would See's be an acceptable substitute brand?  See's makes incredible chocolates.

Yes, DR Ron, that's a possibility.  When she lived in Phoenix she said her car knew the way to See's all by itself.  We also have a good local chocolatier - Esther Price.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #63 on: December 09, 2014, 11:24:36 AM »

TOD - O.M.G.   Don't even get me started.  The iCloud is indeed my nemesis as it NEVER works the way it should.  You save something on the iCloud, you should be able to access it on any device that can access the iCloud.  Well... .as long as ALL devices are updated and all the planets are aligned does this concept work well at all.  I've done things at home in the evening for school the next day, saved to the iCloud and then to find them NOT THERE the next day, or takes FOREVER to download onto the other device.  I have to remember just to save everything to DropBox and leave it at that.  DropBox is my savior, and I've accepted that.

Matthew

« Reply #64 on: December 09, 2014, 11:25:07 AM »

Thank you all for the lovely avatar comments.  The last three months will be included in the memoirs.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #65 on: December 09, 2014, 11:36:41 AM »

And another thing.  Along with the auto-correct, the auto-fill feature on my phone.  It's often very helpful ... but when it isn't, watch out! 

It apparently doesn't know anything about contractions, and offers up the most bizarre choices for "I'll", "don't", and the like, none of which are correct.

And unless there's a setting I don't know about, it doesn't remember anything you accept as a word to build up a personal dictionary, so you go through life pecking the same things out every day.

The only device that I have that even offers autocorrect/autofill is my (non-smart) phone for texting, but I have it all disabled.  Texting on my flip-phone is very cumbersome and having to correct too much just isn't worth it. :P

But I otherwise love my flip-phone!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #66 on: December 09, 2014, 11:36:57 AM »

TOD:

Passwords are my nemesis.......on my new to me iPhone 5, I can't get my password to work for APPS or iTunes or whatever it is......I wrote it down, so I know it's correct.  When it doesn't work, I go online and change it......still no good.....

So I know I am not using a lot of features that are available to me.

I also have voice recognition texting that converts my speaking to texts or messages, but it doesn't recognize one of my brother's names.....I say Kent and it types can't.

Jrand, maybe you need the Internet Password Notebook:  A pocket-sized Internet address organizer for all of your usernames and passwords!

;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #67 on: December 09, 2014, 11:37:15 AM »

Christmas shopping frustration:  My mother, who needs nothing that can be bought, is very fond of Fannie May chocolates.  I found something in their catalog that I thought would please her and got online to order it.  Not only was that out of stock, almost nothing was available.  I called and found out about THIS.

DR Elmore, this is the warehouse for the company where you bought chocolates that we delivered to Jo after seeing you in Canton, OH, several years ago.

:o Oh, the HUMANITY!!

Michael

« Reply #68 on: December 09, 2014, 11:48:17 AM »

good afternoon to all
Never stop dreaming.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #69 on: December 09, 2014, 01:42:15 PM »

DR GEORGE - I have one of those.....it's not that I forget the Passwords - it's that for some reason The Inner Web says they won't work.....

EVERY password is written down, and old passwords are stricken out.....but it is to no avail.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #70 on: December 09, 2014, 01:53:07 PM »

Today is the 42nd wedding anniversary of my sister Paula and her husband Larry.  They have three lovely children....Amanda, Emily, and Lance.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #71 on: December 09, 2014, 01:54:34 PM »

As you can see, we spared no expense in decorating the local firehouse that was the scene of the reception.  NO OTHER facility was available....there is some holiday or something in December that makes people want to have celebrations!

George

« Reply #72 on: December 09, 2014, 01:57:36 PM »

Today is the 42nd wedding anniversary of my sister Paula and her husband Larry.  They have three lovely children....Amanda, Emily, and Lance.

Happy Anniversary to Paula and Larry!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #73 on: December 09, 2014, 02:20:47 PM »

Well.  Here I am.

Ginny

« Reply #74 on: December 09, 2014, 02:21:35 PM »

Happiest of anniversaries to Paula and Larry!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #75 on: December 09, 2014, 02:23:38 PM »

I got only about six hours of sleep, if that.  As soon as I was coherent at eight in the morning, I called Apple Care.  I told the gal what had happened and she was as confused as I.  After some time, we were able to restore the phone from the Cloud with the new Apple ID and password we'd created at the store, so the phone was exactly as I had it before restoring from the old phone backup.  So, that was good.  Then she got me to a senior advisor and finally we have changed all the Cloud stuff to the new Apple ID and password on every device - iMac, iPhone and iPad.  Now everything should work and the only different password will be for iTunes, which I'm keeping the way it was since it has all my purchases on it, not that I have ever purchased much at all.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #76 on: December 09, 2014, 02:26:37 PM »

That all took about ninety minutes, but the phone is working splendidly.  The only problems were texts, which I'll lose I guess from the other phone, and iRecorder - but I put all the iRecorder stuff into iTunes and so I'm fine there.  But I talked to someone else who recently went through this, and she told me that about a week into owning the phone all her old texts showed up.  That makes sense to me since it's the same phone number and all - but if they don't, I'm fine.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #77 on: December 09, 2014, 02:27:16 PM »

Then it was directly to Dr. Chew, who put in the permanent porcelain cap quickly and easily.  Twenty minutes and done and it feels so much better and obviously is completely secure.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #78 on: December 09, 2014, 02:28:14 PM »

Then I made the lunch meeting right on time.  That was fun.  I had mac-and-cheese, which was yummilicious.  Then I picked up some packages, including a sweet and lovely gift from our very own TCB - a real what is it fish give of smoked salmon.  Yummy for the tummy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #79 on: December 09, 2014, 02:28:52 PM »

Helper will be over to do Christmas decor and to retrieve her brand new iPhone 5S - my old phone, which we'll wipe clean.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #80 on: December 09, 2014, 02:34:38 PM »

Thanks DR GEORGE and DR GINNY.

Just reading about the iPhone and the Cloud and iTunes made me dizzy.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #81 on: December 09, 2014, 03:08:32 PM »

From DR Matthew:
the avatar says it all, I think.  But it's nice to be healthy again AND nice to be back here.

This makes me smile.  I'm glad you are doing so well :)

Jane

« Reply #82 on: December 09, 2014, 03:10:30 PM »

Elmore I am sorry about your dog woes   have you spoken to your neighbor yet?

She's never home when I stop by. Only the barking dog is home.

Have you left a note?

Jane

« Reply #83 on: December 09, 2014, 03:13:58 PM »

Ginny:  Would See's be an acceptable substitute brand?  See's makes incredible chocolates.

I would not find Fannie May chocolates a decent substitute for See's so it might not work the other way.

Jane

« Reply #84 on: December 09, 2014, 03:14:34 PM »

DR elmore, nice pic of Joshie & his brother.

Jane

« Reply #85 on: December 09, 2014, 03:15:05 PM »

Yes, DR Ron, that's a possibility.  When she lived in Phoenix she said her car knew the way to See's all by itself.  We also have a good local chocolatier - Esther Price.

Then I would go with See's.

Jane

« Reply #86 on: December 09, 2014, 03:16:08 PM »

Happiest of anniversaries to Paula and Larry!

Ditto!  They are very cute in the wedding photo.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #87 on: December 09, 2014, 03:40:58 PM »

Barbra Streisand is on Dr. Oz this afternoon.  It is on the same time as the 4 o'clock news, so I guess I will have to miss Babs.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Matthew

« Reply #88 on: December 09, 2014, 03:52:18 PM »

Just watched "Peter Pan Live" - just an abomination.  Made "The Sound of Music Live" look Broadway quality.  My only thought is who are the idiots that think they were creating a good show? 

RobStevensReviewer

• Like so much fish!
« Reply #89 on: December 09, 2014, 04:14:57 PM »

Bruce, I am still in a sugar coma from the Brownie Waffle Sundae and it's been over 24 hours. But it was a very productive afternoon after our luncheon. I already have the 2 hosts for the Robby Awards--Jason Graae and Jo Anne Worley--a Musical Director and about 8 singer/presenters. It's coming together very quickly and easily. Thank you for making it possible to do this again after 11 years. Now I just have to come up with a list of nominees and the eventual winners.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up