Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: THE YEAR IN REVIEW - PART ONE  (Read 3084 times)

ChasSmith

Re: THE YEAR IN REVIEW - PART ONE
« Reply #30 on: December 23, 2014, 08:26:30 AM »

Well, not any longer.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #31 on: December 23, 2014, 08:28:31 AM »

On my way home from therapy, I stopped at my bank branch to find the doors locked;  they had a robbery or a robbery attempt this morning.  I'll check back later in the day.  This is the second one in the past 2-3 years.  Given that last night's MAJOR CRIMES, which had a wonderful Santa production number, was about a bank robbery, I found it all rather timely.

On the bus, there was a deranged black lady sitting in front of me.  Since it's so warm, I wore shorts to therapy, and the first thing she asked me was, Are you from Switzerland?  I flippantly answered yes and shed then proceeded to rattle off questions: are you going back today? tomorrow? I answered soon, and tried to ignore her, so she rattled on to no one about anything, then asked a man who boarded the bus what size shoes he wore, then she threw something at a man with a cello case who was sitting across the aisle, who told her not to do it again. She went back to talking to no one until we reached 88th Street when she got off the bus. How do the crazies know where they are going?
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

ChasSmith

« Reply #32 on: December 23, 2014, 08:34:20 AM »

Sorry to hear about the internet problems at Toyland, DR Elmore.  It probably is the router, which these days is easy enough to replace, but of course you wouldn't want to do it without immediate reimbursement.  An advance of the funds would be even better.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #33 on: December 23, 2014, 08:41:08 AM »

I think they have started celebrating too early at Victoria's Secret.  There was just a commercial on television that said all panties are 50% off.

;D

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #34 on: December 23, 2014, 08:49:05 AM »

ChasSmith

« Reply #35 on: December 23, 2014, 09:34:51 AM »

Yes, but not that model.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #36 on: December 23, 2014, 10:21:13 AM »

I'm up, I'm up - I think I got just eight hours of sleep so that's good, but I could have used more.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #37 on: December 23, 2014, 10:23:05 AM »

Guess it's time for a serious talk with the helper - so many mistakes lately, the most recent sending three of the wrong CD to someone who needed them for Christmas presents.  The order could not have been clearer.  Happening way too much lately.  I would hate to have to cut her loose and find someone else I trust as much, but it has to stop.  I think her head has just been in the clouds for the last three months - she's in a new romance and all.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #38 on: December 23, 2014, 10:28:15 AM »

Leonard Maltin says the shaking left hand that some people have noticed is NOT Parkinson's, his doctor calls it a benign tremor.....

http://blogs.indiewire.com/leonardmaltin/a-shaky-matter
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #39 on: December 23, 2014, 11:07:23 AM »

I had an endless dream about working on a production of Leonard Bernstein's CANDIDE.

So if it's endless, does that mean that you're still in the dream??

;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #40 on: December 23, 2014, 11:09:57 AM »

On my way home from therapy, I stopped at my bank branch to find the doors locked;  they had a robbery or a robbery attempt this morning.  I'll check back later in the day.  This is the second one in the past 2-3 years.  Given that last night's MAJOR CRIMES, which had a wonderful Santa production number, was about a bank robbery, I found it all rather timely.

On the bus, there was a deranged black lady sitting in front of me.  Since it's so warm, I wore shorts to therapy, and the first thing she asked me was, Are you from Switzerland?  I flippantly answered yes and shed then proceeded to rattle off questions: are you going back today? tomorrow? I answered soon, and tried to ignore her, so she rattled on to no one about anything, then asked a man who boarded the bus what size shoes he wore, then she threw something at a man with a cello case who was sitting across the aisle, who told her not to do it again. She went back to talking to no one until we reached 88th Street when she got off the bus. How do the crazies know where they are going?

Maybe they're following you...in your dreams!!

:D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Ginny

« Reply #41 on: December 23, 2014, 11:11:20 AM »

Greetings from Otterbein Retirement Community in beautiful Lebanon, OH.  I came out to tend to the business side of Mom's move and caught up with her having her hair done.  I'm having a cappuccino outside the beauty shop and will wheel her back to her room in her very own chair.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #42 on: December 23, 2014, 11:42:16 AM »

DR George, if I'm still dreaming, it's turned into a very difficult nightmare and a really horrid afternoon. Completely frustrating and difficult to negotiate today. I'm ready to go to bed until all this shit ends.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #43 on: December 23, 2014, 11:45:14 AM »

I hope you are keeping notes for the memoirs DR ELMORE
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

George

« Reply #44 on: December 23, 2014, 11:51:38 AM »

DR George, if I'm still dreaming, it's turned into a very difficult nightmare and a really horrid afternoon. Completely frustrating and difficult to negotiate today. I'm ready to go to bed until all this shit ends.

~~~Vibes of All Kinds!!~~~

KevinH

« Reply #45 on: December 23, 2014, 11:53:35 AM »

Good afternoon from Western New York!

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #46 on: December 23, 2014, 11:57:07 AM »

Hello, everyone.

I slept very poorly and am completely zonked today. I had a dream about moving back in with an old roommate. GAWWDD!! Isn't it interesting how life reminds you how much worse things can be?

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #47 on: December 23, 2014, 11:59:31 AM »

Ginny, your kitchen looks great! I had grey Corian kitchen countertops in my last house and really liked them. I hope you like these as well. What used to be where the cart is now?

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #48 on: December 23, 2014, 12:00:31 PM »

And the word of the day is: RUBRICATE!

The process of lubricating your Rubik's cube.

:D

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #50 on: December 23, 2014, 12:04:01 PM »

I did some laundry because I'm too muddled-headed today to do what I'd planned to do.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #51 on: December 23, 2014, 12:08:02 PM »

DR Elmore's wicked wit cracks me up, but today he had an assistant. I can understand that it may have been an unnerving experience, but I got a good laugh from it. Sorry, Larry.

George

« Reply #52 on: December 23, 2014, 12:10:10 PM »

I bought Herringbone from Amazon and also on iTunes.

If the Kickstarter copy arrives, great. If not, I'm still glad that I supported the project.

I'm glad the project happened, but I paid three times what Amazon is now selling it for.  I and everyone else have been waiting for two and a half years, and I shouldn't have to pay even more to get it. :(

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #53 on: December 23, 2014, 12:10:44 PM »

DITTO!

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #54 on: December 23, 2014, 12:13:30 PM »

TTFN.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #55 on: December 23, 2014, 12:14:00 PM »

Vibes for a good Day Before the Day Before.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #56 on: December 23, 2014, 12:15:11 PM »

TOD:

Bruce's LI'L ABNER

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #57 on: December 23, 2014, 12:34:46 PM »

I hope you are keeping notes for the memoirs DR ELMORE

Most definitely.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #58 on: December 23, 2014, 12:35:57 PM »

Thanks, DR George! As I said yesterday, just when you think things can get no lower . . . BANG!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #59 on: December 23, 2014, 12:38:46 PM »

DITTO!'t

Thanks, DR Jeanne! I'm glad the crazy lady - I forgot to add that she hadn't washed in several years - gave you a laugh. When she got off the bus, her BO trailed her like "Don't Cry For Me Argentina" hangs around every entrance and passing of gas of Evita.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up