Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13   Go Down

Author Topic: THE PAP SMEAR  (Read 73559 times)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
Re:THE PAP SMEAR
« Reply #180 on: October 16, 2007, 12:37:44 PM »

I was wondering how often anyone asks how you are feeling before they give you a flu shot.  My father always gave them to all the family, or almost all the family.  After two years of my mother & I becoming terribly ill with flu symptoms he skipped us.  To add insult to injury, after we recovered from the fake flu, we always got the real thing.  Once is enough!

Jane

« Reply #181 on: October 16, 2007, 12:38:26 PM »

I was right, Keith now wants one of those little pigs. ;D

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #182 on: October 16, 2007, 12:39:32 PM »

I've put off the flu shot.

Jane

« Reply #183 on: October 16, 2007, 12:43:12 PM »

DR Laura, I took some lovely photos in the park this weekend.  I forgot to ask Keith to set them up before going outside to work.  I'll try and get them to you, and post a few, within the next two days.

Keith has a new computer arriving in the next couple of weeks.  And then I'm going to get his current computer instead of the laptop.  Which means I will also have the photo software on my computer.  Which means I won't need his computer to post a photo :)

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #184 on: October 16, 2007, 12:43:15 PM »

I was right, Keith now wants one of those little pigs. ;D

And what would Sherlock say?

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

Jane

« Reply #185 on: October 16, 2007, 12:44:11 PM »

Good to hear Bruce.

Now I mustn't put off going for a hike or I will get caught in the rain.

Jane

« Reply #186 on: October 16, 2007, 12:44:57 PM »

LOL-I'm sure Sherlock would enjoy a little pig, if the squealing doesn't scare him.  

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #187 on: October 16, 2007, 12:47:17 PM »

Foe Cillaliz = ACLU rides to the rescue:

ASSOCIATED PRESS"Tho it overfloweth, curse not thy toilet saith the Lord."

der Brucer

I'm sure JMK or Elan will have a more exact quote

You mean--[size=10]THE F***ING TOILET'S OVERFLOWING, YOU DUMBA**, GET THE G*DD*** MOP![/size] perchance?

« Last Edit: October 16, 2007, 12:47:44 PM by JMK »
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #188 on: October 16, 2007, 12:48:33 PM »

JR, not sure whereof you speak, unless Lumet directed "Reunion."  Did Lumet direct "Reunion"?
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

singdaw

« Reply #189 on: October 16, 2007, 12:59:35 PM »

DR dB - This overflowing toilet you speak of wouldn't, perchance, be the one featured in the scenic design toward the end of Legally Blonde, would it?

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #190 on: October 16, 2007, 01:02:44 PM »

I got hung up writing an eBlast to the LACCTAA members.  Their lack of interest thus far is truly dismaying and I hope that this missive will get them off their complacent buttcheeks.

bk, is there any way you can get hold of the email lists from the performers, or send an email to them tailored to send out to their minions about the benefit? If they don't have to do anything but forward, maybe that would increase the ticket sales.

Of course, you probably already thought of that...
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #191 on: October 16, 2007, 01:07:42 PM »

I've seen a couple of clips from tonight's Matt Lauer interview with Larry Craig...and it promises to be a wholesale hoot and a holler...and then some.

His wife is GLUED to his side.  Apparently, they stopped just short of doing an impromptu bedroom scene where Larry could have PROVED he is straight by having sex with his wife.  (Any thoughts on that one, der Brucer?)

And then there's the definitive pronouncement by Larry Craig:  "I go to a restroom to use the TOILET!"

Except, of course, when someone else is there to distract him....

« Last Edit: October 16, 2007, 01:09:05 PM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #192 on: October 16, 2007, 01:09:43 PM »

DR dB - This overflowing toilet you speak of wouldn't, perchance, be the one featured in the scenic design toward the end of Legally Blonde, would it?

I keep hearing "My cup runneth over"....I don't know why.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #193 on: October 16, 2007, 01:11:32 PM »

I began my afternoon of viewing with SUnday night's DEXTER. Oh, my, the game is afoot (in several different ways). This is a mesmerizing series.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

singdaw

« Reply #194 on: October 16, 2007, 01:13:50 PM »

I keep hearing "My cup runneth over"....I don't know why.

Tiny Bubbles?

Matt H.

« Reply #195 on: October 16, 2007, 01:15:07 PM »

Next, I watched Terrence Malick's lyrical tone poem DAYS OF HEAVEN. What a hypnotic movie it is. I had forgotten how powerful some of those sequences are, and, of course, that Oscar-winning cinematography, most of it done in natural light, is beyond exquisite. And the score by Morricone is bliss! One of the real greats of 1970s cinema.

Matt H.

« Reply #196 on: October 16, 2007, 01:18:32 PM »

When the film was over, I watched almost all of the special features. There were interviews with Richard Gere and Sam Shepard and with cinematographer Haskell Wexler and camera operator John Bailey. That was a little over an hour of interviews.

I'll go back and listen to the audio commentary when I go back down. Looks like it's a edit job from four different behind-the-scenes staff connected with the movie.

Matt H.

« Reply #197 on: October 16, 2007, 01:19:42 PM »

I concluded my afternoon of viewing with another episode of BONES. Booth gets captured and beaten up in an effort to garner information from him, and it's up to Temperence and the team to find him. Tempi's father (Ryan O'Neal) is also of great help in the hunt for Booth.

Ginny

« Reply #198 on: October 16, 2007, 01:25:16 PM »

Back from a fun afternoon in the Buick/Pontiac/GMC "customer lounge," where they forgot me!  Heaven only knows how long my car had been finished before I went back to the office to check on it.  Then, when I started the car to proceed on my errands, the oil pressure light wouldn't go off.  The service guys had to read my owner's manual to figure out how to reset it  ::)

Meanwhile, my mother had called to cancel our outing together because she thinks I have no business running around in the rain.  So, I'm back home for the evening.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

singdaw

« Reply #199 on: October 16, 2007, 01:27:05 PM »

DR Ginny, that's terrible!  Sorry...  I never know how to determine the line in those situations between protecting myself and my time versus being too "pushy."

DR JoseSPiano, thanks for the article/blog links.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2007, 01:28:29 PM by singdaw »

Ginny

« Reply #200 on: October 16, 2007, 01:31:37 PM »

DR Ginny, that's terrible!  Sorry...  I never know how to determine the line in those situations between protecting myself and my time versus being too "pushy."

Well, my cue to leave the lounge was when the old guy waiting with me changed the TV from MSNBC to "People's Court" and turned the volume 'way up.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Matt H.

« Reply #201 on: October 16, 2007, 02:02:56 PM »

Have some writing to do so let me get to that, and then I'll ehad down to load up the dishwasher and then settle in for more evening viewing.

WBBL.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #202 on: October 16, 2007, 02:06:13 PM »

Did my shipping, other errands and am back waiting for CDs to arrive and doing all sorts of stuff.

td

• td
« Reply #203 on: October 16, 2007, 02:28:00 PM »

Before I catch up, I just wanted to say THANK YOU for all the monetary vibes sent this way.
I have just returned from a very interesting and enlightening visit to the bank.
Over half of the funds were returned early this morning, when one of the companies found out that fraudulent activity was occurring.
Two of the other companies were spoken to, in my presence, and one yielded volatile information which confirmed the news from the earlier company.  The final company, which had the smallest amount of sales, was reticent, oh, yes, very reticent and not at all forthcoming with any information.
So, at this point, more than two-thirds of the money has been safely put back into the account, the remainder is expected to be returned tomorrow.
Now, for the interesting stuff:  two of the companies are graphics companies.  The items attempted to be purchased were multiple banners saying "FIGHT MALARIA," the third company is a webstore, www.hottopic.com which is the company which is being reticent.  All that the nice young lady at the bank could get out of HotTopic was the fact that the order was placed via an IP Phone normally used by the hearing impaired.
From the first and second companies, we were able to glean that the person attempting to make purchases, also tried with two previous debit card numbers which sequentially followed and/or preceded our numbers.  One was an attempt with a MasterCard number - which our bank does not use.  The sequential Visa number used was another client at our branch bank, who will be informed of the attempted compromise.
And for the really volatile and interesting - we have a name, a location and a valid email address of the person who is responsible for this scam.

And in other good news - today I trained Sam Morgan's newest hands-on manager; he'll be replacing both myself and our current dining room manager, who is considering a job in Vegas which will take him away for two years.
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #204 on: October 16, 2007, 02:41:26 PM »

Great news, TD!! :D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

FJL

« Reply #205 on: October 16, 2007, 02:59:51 PM »

td - Glad things are going well towards resolving the problem.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #206 on: October 16, 2007, 03:07:43 PM »

But on no account did Jose have anything to with getting things cleared up.

For the most part, Jose is to blame for everything.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #207 on: October 16, 2007, 03:14:27 PM »

Including the long lulls in between postings herein.

td

• td
« Reply #208 on: October 16, 2007, 03:14:57 PM »

td - Glad things are going well towards resolving the problem.

fjl - I just drank my cherry juice with dinner.  How's your toe?

td

• td
« Reply #209 on: October 16, 2007, 03:15:48 PM »

But on no account did Jose have anything to with getting things cleared up.

For the most part, Jose is to blame for everything.

I cannot blame Jose (this time) since the bank and I know whodunnit.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13   Go Up