Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: A DIFFERENT DRUMMER  (Read 20979 times)

Kerry

Re:A DIFFERENT DRUMMER
« Reply #120 on: June 15, 2004, 07:51:29 PM »

td--  NOTHING could steal the scene from a totally naked David Naughton!!!!
I like boat races.

Tomovoz

« Reply #121 on: June 15, 2004, 07:52:28 PM »

Always wonderful to see you here DR Kerry.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Kerry

« Reply #122 on: June 15, 2004, 07:52:50 PM »

Tom,

Can I have a live hug?
I like boat races.

Kerry

« Reply #123 on: June 15, 2004, 07:53:51 PM »

Tom, you too my dear friend.  Yes, I'm here.  Well, almost all of me is here.  Part of me is at the Cinegrill I think.
I like boat races.

Kerry

« Reply #124 on: June 15, 2004, 07:57:09 PM »

I'm off again.  No glamorous nightclubs for me.  Oh no.  I have dinner to make and clothes to wash.  Thrilling as always.
I like boat races.

Tomovoz

« Reply #125 on: June 15, 2004, 07:57:44 PM »

Next year is a chance Kerry! Organise for the tour of "Wicked" to be in Phoenix about October!
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Michael

« Reply #126 on: June 15, 2004, 08:11:12 PM »

watching Happiest Millionaire. truly dreadful. So far no one memorably song. Fred McMurray's 1st song sounds a lot like A British Bank from Mary Poppins. did Greer Garson sing her on her own. Eddie Hodges from Broadway's Music Man came and went very quickly. As did Paul Peterson. Thankfully it is almost an 1 hr into the film and no John Davidson.
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #127 on: June 15, 2004, 08:13:25 PM »

spoke too soon he makes his entrance at the 54 and a half minute mark. I guess he was good looking.
Never stop dreaming.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #128 on: June 15, 2004, 08:13:38 PM »

Where's for lunch DRs Joy and Noel and Mr BK?

And how about those irritating child performances in movies?  I would think that television moppets would be too numerous to mention.

I will start with:

Miss Evelyn Rudie....who was ELOISE on tv (broke my rule) and co starred with Lauren Bacall in The Gift of Love.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #129 on: June 15, 2004, 08:15:33 PM »

OMG....Evelyn Rudie is now the Artistic Director of the Santa Monica Playhouse.   :o

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #130 on: June 15, 2004, 08:16:20 PM »

No one has mentioned Peggy Ann Garner in A TREE GROWS IN BROOKLYN yet. She won a special Oscar for that. I have to admit, I've never seen that movie all the way through.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #131 on: June 15, 2004, 08:18:39 PM »

I find Jane Withers as a child actress irritating.

Matt H.

« Reply #132 on: June 15, 2004, 08:19:49 PM »

Another child performer I liked was Darryl Hickman. Yes, baby brother Dwayne became better known as Dobie Gillis, but Darryl as a young boy in some MGM films is very appealing.

Tomovoz

« Reply #133 on: June 15, 2004, 08:20:07 PM »

Didn't mind Johnny Crawford's as a singer but I loathed him in "Rifleman". Can't remember ever watching the Donna Reed show so have no opinion of Paul Petersen. Didn't ever watch the Partridge Family nor the Brady Bunch. "My Three Sons" I remember quite fondly. Didn't like Jay North as Dennis much but "The Beaver" was fine.
James Thurber 1957

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #134 on: June 15, 2004, 08:23:55 PM »

If we're going to start listing irritating kids in the movies (and not just those seated with us), I nominate Eric Shea, in The Poopside-Down Adventure.  Danged brat, Shelley Winters must have been gagging every time she had to say he was "such a dear, sweet boy."  I can hear her now: "Is it time for my heart attack yet?  Oh, thank GAWD! I'm outta here!"
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #135 on: June 15, 2004, 08:25:44 PM »

Listing TV brats is cheating, way too easy!  (Can we say Olson Twins?  Do we need to?)
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #136 on: June 15, 2004, 08:25:54 PM »

LOL....dRMATTH have you ever seen Jane Withers is a movie called - I think - THE GIRL FROM AVENUE A?  She plays a little girl who does good deeds for people and is really quite sweet, the opposite of what she usually played.

Jenny

• May we come to trust the dreams we must fulfill.
« Reply #137 on: June 15, 2004, 08:28:47 PM »

By far the most talented children to ever appear in a motion picture are those random tap dancing boys and girls from "An Affair To Remember".  Is there any reason for that scene to be in the movie?
"I am always thinking of myself, and I expect everyone else to do the same.  That is what is called sympathy." -Oscar Wilde

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #138 on: June 15, 2004, 08:29:31 PM »

Irritating brat nominee, female: Monique Vermont, as Amaryllis in the original Music Man.  Winthrop wasn't lisping, he was trying to get the bad taste out of his mouth!

Jenny

• May we come to trust the dreams we must fulfill.
« Reply #139 on: June 15, 2004, 08:29:50 PM »

If we're going to start listing irritating kids in the movies...

How about the three children from "Houseboat"?  ::shudders::
"I am always thinking of myself, and I expect everyone else to do the same.  That is what is called sympathy." -Oscar Wilde

Matt H.

« Reply #140 on: June 15, 2004, 08:31:47 PM »

I've seen Jane in a few B-movies where she played nice and not mean as she did in A-features. Whether mean or nice, I just find her irritating. I understand she's one of the nicest people ever in Hollywood, but I'm strictly speaking of her child persona. Didn't mind her as an adult performer at all.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #141 on: June 15, 2004, 08:38:26 PM »

LOL....isn't that interesting, MATTH.  I know some performers that other people enjoy that I can't watch.....chemistry between a performer and the audience (or majority of it) can make a star....or break one.  

IT!!!  Or  I guess....ya gotta have eeeeeeeeeee-oooooooooooooo!
« Last Edit: June 15, 2004, 08:38:50 PM by JRand53 »

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #142 on: June 15, 2004, 09:05:20 PM »

Time for bed..........................

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #143 on: June 15, 2004, 09:11:08 PM »

Irritating movie brat (more of a TV brat, actually):  Pamelyn Ferdin.  It was not just her mannerisms that made me dislike her, it was her voice!  She ruined a lot of Charlie Brown specials for me during her tenure as Lucy.

I've read where she's an animal rights activist these days for an organization that believes that animals should have the right to vote.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #144 on: June 15, 2004, 09:17:22 PM »

Next year is a chance Kerry! Organise for the tour of "Wicked" to be in Phoenix about October!

Which role will you be playing, Mr. Oz?
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #145 on: June 15, 2004, 09:24:26 PM »

On the good side of child actors, did anyone mention Ron Howard?  He was so enduring in THE MUSIC MAN.  Oh wait, maybe that was Buddy Hackett.  

As for the original PARENT TRAP, I liked Haley Mills, but I didn't care for the girl who played her sister.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #146 on: June 15, 2004, 09:28:07 PM »

Well, Dan the Man, welcome to the West Coasters club.  We usually plot world domination when we are together, but I suppose we can skip that tonight, since you are here.[/font]
“One thing’s universal,

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #147 on: June 15, 2004, 09:29:26 PM »

OMG....Evelyn Rudie is now the Artistic Director of the Santa Monica Playhouse.   :o

Yes, in my previous life in LA, my ex-husband directed a play there, so I knew her slightly at the time. My daughter still owns two pair of red cotton bikini undies which have Santa Monica Playhouse written on them. Classy. I got them as a present at the time and passed them on to her. Call me crazy, but I didn't want them.

(This is my second post about underwear in two days. Hmmmm....)

Jason

« Reply #148 on: June 15, 2004, 09:36:45 PM »

Dear Readers, I don't know whether to cry or to vomit on the floor. I have a roach in my apartment. I swear to the god of household pests, I don't know if I can take much more. First it was mice, and now I've got a roach!! And it's two inches long...at least. I saw it last night and then it disappeared, but I saw it again tonight and I so desperately want to kill it and be done. This is only the second time in the two years I've lived in this apartment that I've seen a roach...it had better not indicate future problems.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #149 on: June 15, 2004, 09:37:39 PM »

Well, Dan the Man, welcome to the West Coasters club.  We usually plot world domination when we are together, but I suppose we can skip that tonight, since you are here.[/font]

Yeah, I'm on to the whole lot of you.  Better cut me in on the deal or I'm gonna send a link to this here website to the World News Weekly and blow your whole deal sky high.

Just watched the Beastie Boys on Letterman.  Aren't these guys pushing 35?  And they're still doing frat boy rap.  They did a live single shot walk from the subway to the Letterman Theatre and they looked winded.

Dear Readers, I don't know whether to cry or to vomit on the floor. I have a roach in my apartment. I swear to the god of household pests, I don't know if I can take much more. First it was mice, and now I've got a roach!! And it's two inches long...at least. I saw it last night and then it disappeared, but I saw it again tonight and I so desperately want to kill it and be done. This is only the second time in the two years I've lived in this apartment that I've seen a roach...it had better not indicate future problems.

You better get a humane trap to capture it and then set it free in the wild or Pamelyn Ferdin will be all over your ass.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2004, 09:41:27 PM by Dan (the Man) »
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up