Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down

Author Topic: HOT HEAT  (Read 20942 times)

FJL

Re:HOT HEAT
« Reply #150 on: June 29, 2006, 06:35:15 PM »

And one for Martha!

FJL

« Reply #151 on: June 29, 2006, 06:35:38 PM »

(Martha Stewart, that is.)

FJL

« Reply #152 on: June 29, 2006, 06:38:38 PM »

Monday was lamb shanks

FJL

« Reply #153 on: June 29, 2006, 06:38:54 PM »

Tuesday was chicken medallions

FJL

« Reply #154 on: June 29, 2006, 06:39:23 PM »

Wednesday was lamb hocks (sp?)

They like a little lamb in that class

FJL

« Reply #155 on: June 29, 2006, 06:40:19 PM »

Today was souffle (none of which he brought home, I guess his classmates ate that themselves) and tuna steaks

FJL

« Reply #156 on: June 29, 2006, 06:41:03 PM »

And with that food frenzy...my silver anniversary post, #2500.

FJL

« Reply #157 on: June 29, 2006, 06:45:36 PM »

Skip claimed the souffle wouldn't have been good several hours later, but I think it was just so good they couldn't resist finishing it.  Apparently, they dine on the food they make in class.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #158 on: June 29, 2006, 06:46:31 PM »

No air conditioning tonight.  Tomorrow, Mr. Air Conditioning Man will come - apparently a fuse or something is out as the fan isn't working - the compressor and everything else seems to be fine, so it should be an easy fix.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #159 on: June 29, 2006, 06:48:47 PM »

Elmore -I’M SO HAPPY!

Jane

« Reply #160 on: June 29, 2006, 06:56:04 PM »

Dakota- L.A. wasn’t humid when I was growing up.  Later when we would return home for visits from the East Coast everyone would be complaining about the humidity.  We of course found the mild humidity a relief from our summers.

Now when I visit I notice it is more humid than Southern Oregon

FJL

« Reply #161 on: June 29, 2006, 06:56:46 PM »

Regarding Seattle - It's looking like LAST STARFIGHTER will be given a reading as part of the Village Theatre's Festival of New Musicals at some point in the first week of August.   The Village Theatre is in Issaquah, which is very near Seattle.   So now Skip has HERRINGBONE going on in Vancouver, Washington, and during that time, LAST STARFIGHTER will be presented in Issaquah, Washington.  What are the odds of two things happening in the same state at the same time?  At least 1 in 50.  (Oh, I guess those odds aren't that long, but still...)

Hmmm...wonder if there's any way to convince them to sell the Last Starfighter CD at the theater, or at least allow us to mention in the program how to buy the CD.

Jane

« Reply #162 on: June 29, 2006, 06:57:53 PM »

I enjoyed the posts today but am too tired to comment much.

TPunk & Rodzinsky have a great trip.  You didn’t say where you are staying in L.A.  I hope it is closer to Disneyland or by the beach, not in the Valley at this time of year.

‘night.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #163 on: June 29, 2006, 07:19:21 PM »

Regarding Seattle - It's looking like LAST STARFIGHTER will be given a reading as part of the Village Theatre's Festival of New Musicals at some point in the first week of August.   The Village Theatre is in Issaquah, which is very near Seattle.   So now Skip has HERRINGBONE going on in Vancouver, Washington, and during that time, LAST STARFIGHTER will be presented in Issaquah, Washington.  What are the odds of two things happening in the same state at the same time?  At least 1 in 50.  (Oh, I guess those odds aren't that long, but still...)

Hmmm...wonder if there's any way to convince them to sell the Last Starfighter CD at the theater, or at least allow us to mention in the program how to buy the CD.

Congratulations!  I may try to see these. :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #164 on: June 29, 2006, 07:21:59 PM »

Larry, Skip can't wait to cook for you again, with his new skills.

I thought he was a good cook before this class!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #165 on: June 29, 2006, 07:23:49 PM »

Larry, Skip can't wait to cook for you again, with his new skills.

Um, he could cook for us until Elmore gets back into town.  ;D

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #166 on: June 29, 2006, 07:24:14 PM »

After much discussion, I've convinced the DP that we must try and do a HHW gathering on our trip to NYC.  We thought we'd just throw this out there.  We're thinking about gathering at Joe Allen's on Monday, July 3 at 5:30.  Who ever can be there, it would be great to meet you, if you can't, it's ok too.  It's early enough to eat and then get to a show (if we have one to go to).  

Send me a private message if your interested!!!!  

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #167 on: June 29, 2006, 07:26:00 PM »

I just received in the mail the cutest, softest, and most cuddly plush bear from our very own cute, soft, and cuddly French tart – François!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #168 on: June 29, 2006, 07:27:12 PM »

Um, he could cook for us until Elmore gets back into town.  ;D

You are both leaving town on Saturday.
“One thing’s universal,

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #169 on: June 29, 2006, 07:28:41 PM »

If there are any vibes to spare, maybe send some Walty's way.  His appetite has been a bit off for about a week.  We figured that it was just the heat, because until recently I would say that his personality hasn't been affected.  But then this morning he and Killbot had their kerfuffle.  And when I came home tonight I saw that he really hadn't eaten and he'd thrown up watery stuff (sorry for being so graphic folks).

And normally I would say, "TPunk, you are just being a worry wart because these are the first cats you've had as a full fledged adult grown up type person.  Just relax and give it a few days, he's probably fine." But- we are leaving for 10 days on Saturday and I won't be here to watch over him.  So I'm considering calling the neighborhood vet to see if they can squeeze him in tomorrow.

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #170 on: June 29, 2006, 07:29:27 PM »

After much discussion, I've convinced the DP that we must try and do a HHW gathering on our trip to NYC.  We thought we'd just throw this out there.  We're thinking about gathering at Joe Allen's on Monday, July 3 at 5:30.  Who ever can be there, it would be great to meet you, if you can't, it's ok too.  It's early enough to eat and then get to a show (if we have one to go to).  

Send me a private message if your interested!!!!  

Aargh!! We'll be on the opposite coast!

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #171 on: June 29, 2006, 07:30:10 PM »

You are both leaving town on Saturday.

Details, details.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #172 on: June 29, 2006, 07:33:00 PM »

If there are any vibes to spare, maybe send some Walty's way.  His appetite has been a bit off for about a week.  We figured that it was just the heat, because until recently I would say that his personality hasn't been affected.  But then this morning he and Killbot had their kerfuffle.  And when I came home tonight I saw that he really hadn't eaten and he'd thrown up watery stuff (sorry for being so graphic folks).

And normally I would say, "TPunk, you are just being a worry wart because these are the first cats you've had as a full fledged adult grown up type person.  Just relax and give it a few days, he's probably fine." But- we are leaving for 10 days on Saturday and I won't be here to watch over him.  So I'm considering calling the neighborhood vet to see if they can squeeze him in tomorrow.

I would say that more than likely, it is just the heat.  But, you will feel better on your vacation if he sees a doctor.
“One thing’s universal,

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #173 on: June 29, 2006, 07:35:48 PM »

I would say that more than likely, it is just the heat.  But, you will feel better on your vacation if he sees a doctor.

Good point.  I would feel most better if he could tell me exactly what was going on, but I think it would take a lot of martinis for that to happen.

FJL

« Reply #174 on: June 29, 2006, 07:36:24 PM »

TPunk -  We've actually been talking about having the HHW New York group over again, after Larry gets back.  This time, we'll make sure it's a time when you and Tom can make it here.   (VIXMOM - I know you have trouble getting into the city, but maybe if we plan the date far enough ahead???)  Skip's one caveat is that he doesn't want to follow a full-day eating tour again like he did last year  :)

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #175 on: June 29, 2006, 07:43:38 PM »

TPunk -  We've actually been talking about having the HHW New York group over again, after Larry gets back.  This time, we'll make sure it's a time when you and Tom can make it here.   (VIXMOM - I know you have trouble getting into the city, but maybe if we plan the date far enough ahead???)  Skip's one caveat is that he doesn't want to follow a full-day eating tour again like he did last year  :)

That sounds great. I will starve myself for a full 24 hours before hand.  Okay, maybe just 12.  ;)

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #176 on: June 29, 2006, 07:50:23 PM »

Good point.  I would feel most better if he could tell me exactly what was going on, but I think it would take a lot of martinis for that to happen.

Who would be drinking the martinis?  You or the cat?
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #177 on: June 29, 2006, 07:57:52 PM »

Tomorrow begins the infamous Taste of Tacoma, just one long block from my front door.  This celebration of gluttony is infamous only to me, because I basically become a prisoner in my own apartment building.

The weather is supposed to be ideal this weekend, so we can expect even larger than normal crowds.  It certainly makes for good people watching, and the hot weather should limit the amount of clothing being worn to the event.
“One thing’s universal,

François de Paris

« Reply #178 on: June 29, 2006, 08:01:20 PM »

I just received in the mail the cutest, softest, and most cuddly plush bear from our very own cute, soft, and cuddly French tart – François!

Hmmmm.... I don't know.... somehow.... French Tart sounds so... "strange" to me! :)

Cillaliz

« Reply #179 on: June 29, 2006, 08:06:37 PM »

TPunk - I would call the vet and see if you can get him in. Not eating and vomiting are two signs of sickness - sometimes minor sometimes serious.  It doesn't hurt to check, especially since you'll be gone.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up