Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 19   Go Down

Author Topic: A NEW DO  (Read 94663 times)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
Re:A NEW DO
« Reply #270 on: August 18, 2007, 03:18:39 PM »

MusicGuy, nice to hear you enjoyed your stay on Lake Michigan.  We lived in Michigan twice, there are some lovely areas.  

I want to join you at the Original House of Pancakes.

Jane

« Reply #271 on: August 18, 2007, 03:19:31 PM »

JMK-lol.

You left early this morning.  Did you have time to walk around town or go into the park?  How was the play?

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #272 on: August 18, 2007, 03:21:57 PM »

Great news from td.

That he cooked hamburgers?

You are starved for excitement down there in Oz, aren't you, Tom?
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #273 on: August 18, 2007, 03:25:11 PM »

Wedding Scarecrows.

I have never seen such a thing - but I think I like it.  ;D

How tacky!  The dresses on the bridesmaids don't match!

;D
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #274 on: August 18, 2007, 03:27:48 PM »

10 is a good nymber,

Do I hear 11?

Jane

« Reply #275 on: August 18, 2007, 03:30:00 PM »

Hi Arnold, it's nice to see you are posting more, as you promised.

Did you recently take a nice trip someplace?

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #276 on: August 18, 2007, 03:32:52 PM »

Whilst I was cleaning, I was listening to The Symphonic LES MISERABLES.  Whatever happened to Gary Morris?
This guy?
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #277 on: August 18, 2007, 03:38:32 PM »

Just thought I'd check in quickly before I head out to get ready for "Bukowsical!"  We have to report to this "meeting place" about an hour and 15 minutes before our show, since we don't have any great length of time at the theatre to get ready for we go on.  The fact is, it's kind of pointless to get there THAT early, as most people circumvent the purpose by getting ready either before we meet or waiting until 5 minutes before curtain to wander around asking where their pants are...

Anyway - hope everyone is well, and I hope to see Jason and Jose later!
Break a leg with your fellow commandos!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #278 on: August 18, 2007, 03:46:43 PM »

Break a leg with your fellow commandos!

Don't we get to read about the birthday dinner?
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #279 on: August 18, 2007, 04:00:35 PM »

Re: last night's dinner at Cloud 9 -

We arrived on time, barely.  Dang, parking is a monster in Rehoboth during the summer.

We took pictures of everything, of course.  I'll leave it to Der Brucer to post them.

We started with a cocktail each.  He had a Cloud 9 Cosmo, which involves Absolut Mandarin, Cointreau, Blue Island Schnapps, sour mix, and some Sprite.  It's the first Cosmo I've ever seen that is blue!  I was more predictable, having a Maker's Mark Manhattan.

For my appetizer, I had the Tempura Lobster Tails, with a sweet chili sauce and chipotle mayo for dipping.

Der Brucer had Pan Roasted Clams and Andouille Sausage, with a white wine broth and garlic toasts.

For his entree, der B dined on the Baked Halibut with a panko/horseradish crust and topped with a bit of lobster.

For myself, I had a marvelous Rib Eye (medium-rare) with Bourbon Shrimp.

We accompanied our dinners with a Spy Valley Sauvignon Blanc, Marlborough, New Zealand (04) and a Castoro Pinot Noir, Nacido, Santa Barbara (04), respectively.

Der Brucer had to bitch comment to the restaurant's owner, John, that the menu that is now being served at Cloud 9 is nothing like what was posted on-line.  It wasn't until this morning that I realized that the on-line menu was posted by a restaurant service, and isn't Cloud 9's own website at all.  I'll be appologizing to John next time I see him at the store.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #280 on: August 18, 2007, 04:01:05 PM »

Don't we get to read about the birthday dinner?
But of course!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #281 on: August 18, 2007, 04:05:14 PM »

Tonight, I'm going a bit Greek for our dinner.  Leftover roast lamb (again?) with avgolemono sauce.  Zucchini fritters with a tzitzeke dip.  And oven-fried potatoes with marjoram and lemon.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #282 on: August 18, 2007, 04:06:08 PM »

I'd better get myself into the kitchen!

FJL

« Reply #283 on: August 18, 2007, 04:28:49 PM »

Skip says thanks, Larry!

td

• td
« Reply #284 on: August 18, 2007, 04:38:13 PM »

This guy?

Yup, that's him.
DR TCB nearly has a twin!

Thanks for the link.   ;)
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

Ginny

« Reply #285 on: August 18, 2007, 05:00:33 PM »

Well, it was lovely to leave work 3 hours early, meet my DH and DS for a movie, go out for dinner, and be home with some evening leftover.

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix was fun.  There's one musical sequence, though, that sounds to me just like one of the major themes from Les Miz.  Not that there's anything wrong with that....

We dined a TGI Friday's (DS Rob's choice) and I had a surprisingly good grilled salmon and pasta dish.

Glad to see the good medical report from DR td's mother and to see DRs JMK and MusicGuy back from vacations.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #286 on: August 18, 2007, 05:18:36 PM »

Coat one is done; we will do coat two tomorrow or Tuesday, while I wait for the termite people to re-treat again.

Jeanne -- it was lightening damage to the fire panel at the church.

Oy. I tried to stand up, but my feet sat me back down. When did I get so old?
« Last Edit: August 18, 2007, 05:46:22 PM by DearReaderLaura »
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

singdaw

« Reply #287 on: August 18, 2007, 05:46:11 PM »

Hello, DRs!

I spent a delightful afternoon at the theatre with DRs elmore3003, FJL, and JoseSPiano.  DR elmore3003 already described the piece in his post a few pages back, as did DR Julie a few weeks ago.  Like DR Julie, I liked the two items in the second half better, the latter of which was Skip's musical.  What Skip calls his "impressionist" score was really quite lovely, and it fit the requirements of the piece beautifully.  And he played it exquisitely, as well.  The two actors acquitted themselves well, I thought.

singdaw

« Reply #288 on: August 18, 2007, 05:46:45 PM »

And darn it, I brought my camera, yet forgot to take one single picture.  :(

singdaw

« Reply #289 on: August 18, 2007, 05:47:06 PM »

Nor, DR Miss Karen, did I purchase one single pair of shoes!

Tomovoz

« Reply #290 on: August 18, 2007, 05:50:21 PM »

Thanks for the reports DRs Elmore and WingDing.

I am listening to the soundtrack from a film I have not seen, "New York New York". The Title theme song sounds as if it will be have a life. But then what do I know?
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Jennifer

« Reply #291 on: August 18, 2007, 05:55:10 PM »

Since DR Jane likes little kid stories here is one more.

I can't remember if i've mentioned this here but i am really into scrapbooking.

Anyhow my niece (who will turn 2 next month) loves to do her own pages.

I know it probably sounds stupid. But i let her pick out her paper. And then she draws (scribbles on it) with scrapbooking markers.

I let her pick which stickers she wants and let her put them where she wants to put them.  And if there is something that needs glue, i glue it, hand it to her and she decides where it goes.

She is very into buttons right now. Although sometimes when she's over she will try to pick off ones that have previously been glued down.  Then she looks at me and says "glued down?" and i nod.

I know this part might also sound dumb but i think she is quite artistic. She has this thing now where she likes to put stickers to partly cover the buttons (it looks really cute).

She's completed 4 pages now and they are actually quite cute!
« Last Edit: August 18, 2007, 05:56:51 PM by Jennifer »

Jane

« Reply #292 on: August 18, 2007, 06:21:26 PM »

Jennifer, you are a wonderful aunt & doing all the right things with your niece.  It is a great experience for her, not stupid & she sounds artistic for a two year old.

Jane

« Reply #293 on: August 18, 2007, 06:21:56 PM »

I just had a nice long conversation with Danise. :)

Jane

« Reply #294 on: August 18, 2007, 06:33:50 PM »

Re: last night's dinner at Cloud 9 -

No dessert? ;)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #295 on: August 18, 2007, 06:35:56 PM »

Are we STILL on page ten?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #296 on: August 18, 2007, 06:36:49 PM »

Had some chow, then bought a nice new pair of walking/running sneakers for New York - very comfy with excellent support, since I cannot walk the amount I walk in the Converse sneakers.  

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #297 on: August 18, 2007, 06:37:08 PM »

So it is written, so it shall be done - page eleven.

td

• td
« Reply #298 on: August 18, 2007, 06:57:34 PM »

I am listening to the soundtrack from a film I have not seen, "New York New York". The Title theme song sounds as if it will be have a life. But then what do I know?

It's a love-it-or-hate-it movie.
I saw it on opening twice and loved it, my only complaint being the twenty-minute long pregnancy.
I saw the revised version, featuring the entire "Happy Endings" sequence, also on its opening night, and had NO complaint except that Mary Kay Place wasn't used enough.
I've since seen it countless times in each of its video incarnations, the finest one being the laserdisc.  
The dvd is lovely, but, how in the world could both MGM AND MARTIN SCORSESE allow it NOT to be anamorphically enhanced is beyond me!

td

• td
« Reply #299 on: August 18, 2007, 06:58:00 PM »

So, esteemed BK, how's the new do holding up?
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 19   Go Up