Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: THE PRIME RIB  (Read 16923 times)

Cillaliz

Re:THE PRIME RIB
« Reply #120 on: January 16, 2006, 05:11:47 PM »

I am not at the hhw gathering and also not at the Globes, although I am watching them

Cillaliz

« Reply #121 on: January 16, 2006, 05:12:20 PM »

Aha, I am on page 5 however

FJL

« Reply #122 on: January 16, 2006, 05:24:48 PM »

Skip's watching "24" on our only TV at the moment (my TV died an untimely death), and I just emailed the January 17th estimate numbers for the last-minute client.  Probably too late to get to Barrymore's.  :(  

But on the plus side, at least I was able to do everything I had to do today from home, and Internet Explorer has been working well all day so when I access the office network, it's just like I'm sitting at my office computer.  :)

FJL

« Reply #123 on: January 16, 2006, 05:27:22 PM »

Lovely reviews, Bruce.  As Dan said, the review of the Friday night show must be especially gratifying.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #124 on: January 16, 2006, 05:30:25 PM »

I've been told that the Variety review is not good - a shame, as that's the one they'll see in NY.  Of course, he saw it Friday night.  I'm not going to read it - see no reason to, really.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #125 on: January 16, 2006, 05:32:57 PM »

I actually think Leslie's lip-synching is terrific.  I wonder if your DVD player is one of those that create synch problems where there aren't any - my first DVD player did that and it drove me crazy.

Not unless it selectively knows when Leslie is "singing."   ;D
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #126 on: January 16, 2006, 05:33:41 PM »

Congrats on the good reviews, BK.  The latter is especially nice, considering how you felt Friday night went.

Congrats to  Bruce and the cast for wonderful reviews.. I also like the second night!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #127 on: January 16, 2006, 05:56:15 PM »

Where are all our Golden Globe posts?  I'm not going to watch, so let's have 'em.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #128 on: January 16, 2006, 06:04:06 PM »

I've been told that the Variety review is not good - a shame, as that's the one they'll see in NY.  Of course, he saw it Friday night.  I'm not going to read it - see no reason to, really.

Understandable
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #129 on: January 16, 2006, 06:13:44 PM »

I don't know who is a fan of the Carpenters here, but I'm looking for the spanish words for "Sing" as featured on the box set, "From the Top" and I can't find it anywhere, I've used Google and Yahoo to search, if anyone knows the lyric and would like to share, that would be great.  :)

Matthew

« Reply #130 on: January 16, 2006, 06:16:18 PM »

Oh - and as an addedum to the last post, there is a site that has MOST of the lyrics in Spanish and is missing a LONG string of translation.  It's yellow and is an "offical" Sesame Street site.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #131 on: January 16, 2006, 06:17:57 PM »

Our publicist (not the one who initially told me), has described the Variety review as "negative".  The person who initially told me about it did say that the reviewer is respectful of me, just didn't like this show.  I wonder if his review would have been any different had he seen the tighter Saturday night show with the good audience.  I've known this particular reviewer for over thirty years - he's a guitar player who somehow now reviews for Variety.  Go know.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #132 on: January 16, 2006, 06:18:21 PM »

I'm getting closer to my new plateau.

Matthew

« Reply #133 on: January 16, 2006, 06:19:34 PM »

Nevermind -- FOUND IT!!!  Yay!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #134 on: January 16, 2006, 06:31:26 PM »

Back from a fantastic gathering, and one of the last, at Barrymore's.  The company was excellent and I believe a good time was had by all.  DR FJL, you were missed.  As for those of you who could not join us, were your ears burning?

Dear Friend BK, the two reviews are great!  I hope the  others are equally as strong.  Fingers are crossed.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Cillaliz

« Reply #135 on: January 16, 2006, 06:54:47 PM »

I don't know who is a fan of the Carpenters here, but I'm looking for the spanish words for "Sing" as featured on the box set, "From the Top" and I can't find it anywhere, I've used Google and Yahoo to search, if anyone knows the lyric and would like to share, that would be great.  :)

If you want it the way it was performed you aren't going to find the entire song,  only part of it was in Spanish.  I'm not sure if I have the original album, but I think I do, I was a big Carpenter's fan at one time. I'll look

Cillaliz

« Reply #136 on: January 16, 2006, 06:56:00 PM »

Nevermind -- FOUND IT!!!  Yay!

Great! I won't look then

Cillaliz

« Reply #137 on: January 16, 2006, 06:56:44 PM »

Back from a fantastic gathering, and one of the last, at Barrymore's.  The company was excellent and I believe a good time was had by all.  DR FJL, you were missed.  As for those of you who could not join us, were your ears burning?

Dear Friend BK, the two reviews are great!  I hope the  others are equally as strong.  Fingers are crossed.

I was certainly wishing I could be there

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #138 on: January 16, 2006, 07:16:20 PM »

Congrats on the two reviews, BK, expect more of the same. N.Y. will be more interested in the the success of the run than the Variety review.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #139 on: January 16, 2006, 07:21:36 PM »

Our publicist (not the one who initially told me), has described the Variety review as "negative".  The person who initially told me about it did say that the reviewer is respectful of me, just didn't like this show.  I wonder if his review would have been any different had he seen the tighter Saturday night show with the good audience.  I've known this particular reviewer for over thirty years - he's a guitar player who somehow now reviews for Variety.  Go know.

On a fan board for Matt,  We love the other two reviews. Matt did a smashing job and they are happy about that.... Variety-- what ever, the over all success is more important the one reviewers bad mood or lack of interest. Stephanie loved it!!

HJBJDJ

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #140 on: January 16, 2006, 07:30:34 PM »

I've read the Variety review, 'negative' is a good description. Don't worry about what some guitar playin' reviewer says.  Stay positive and remember the two favorable reviews, as well as all the positive audience response you have recieved.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2006, 07:31:19 PM by HJBJDJ »

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #141 on: January 16, 2006, 07:39:12 PM »

Good reviews!

STIX NIX HIX PIX...WALL STREET LAYS EGG....

This is a newspaper?
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #142 on: January 16, 2006, 07:44:40 PM »

I read the Variety review - methinks he doesn't want to see a play, he wants to see a music video and doesn't care anything about the characters other than right now.

As DR CP said - the box office and word of mouth will be remembered longer than this "review."

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #143 on: January 16, 2006, 08:01:47 PM »

I do not like to mess with the internet.  I do not like to learn new things when the old things were working fine.  

This I do not like.  

Jennifer

« Reply #144 on: January 16, 2006, 08:09:27 PM »

Re: the Golden Globes. I think nobody has been posting because it was only shown live on the East Coast.  I don't think the West Coast has seen the show yet, and many people here haven't seen the show yet!

FJL

« Reply #145 on: January 16, 2006, 08:10:45 PM »

Bruce -  I also think the Variety critic is respectful of your career and accomplishments in general, saying for example that "the multi-talented Kimmel has established his credentials in many areas of the industry" and reminding the readers of the acclaim you gained for THE FIRST NUDIE MUSICAL and THE FACULTY.  He certainly doesn't write off the premise of the play, and suggests what he feels can be done to give the show legs.  

Cillaliz

« Reply #146 on: January 16, 2006, 08:12:34 PM »

I didn't post but I've seen all of it already.  I didn't want to post any spoilers.

Jennifer

« Reply #147 on: January 16, 2006, 08:13:35 PM »

SPOILERS FOR THE GOLDEN GLOBES.

I will say one thing, I was very disappointed for one award.

Don't read below if you don't want to know.

It was Best Actress, musical or comedy for television.

I really wanted Marcia Cross to win.  And I would have been happy with any of the Desperate Housewives.  I do really like Mary Louise Parker.  But her show is seen by so few people.  I have seen it once or twice and she is good. i mean she's good in everything she does.  But I thought of the housewives should have won.

Other than that many of the awards (especially for film) were extremely predictable.

I guess I can reveal a couple of the winners.

Don't read if you don't want to know.

Reese and Joaquin and Walk the Line all won.  As did Brokeback mountain, ang lee (sp?) and phillip seymour hoffman (best actor) and felicity huffman (best actress).

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #148 on: January 16, 2006, 08:16:56 PM »

I just read the Golden Globe results, so tomorrow I can fast forward through the show to get to the winners I'd like to see and hear. In the main, the choices look to be very sound. I was particularly pleased by the TV awards (well, maybe not actress in a comedy, though to be fair, I don't watch that show). and, of course, the awards won by BROKEBACK MOUNTAIN.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #149 on: January 16, 2006, 08:17:47 PM »

Didn't watch.....

MR BK is headed for 17,000 posts!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Up