Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14]   Go Down

Author Topic: OVER THE WEATHER  (Read 23930 times)

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
Re: OVER THE WEATHER
« Reply #390 on: January 19, 2009, 09:07:15 PM »

Wow MattH, Melrose Place...used to be my favorite show!

Now you can see the Desperate Housewives cast when they were young.

I never watched it when it was on. I'll have to read some yearly summaries before I start this set. I won't know anything about these folks. I think this was season 4 in the review set.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #391 on: January 19, 2009, 09:07:29 PM »

Page Fourteen Dance!!!

Matt H.

« Reply #392 on: January 19, 2009, 09:08:17 PM »

MattH is only 14 away from a mucho big milestone

OMG! If you hadn't mentioned it, I likely would have missed it. I guess I'll get to it tomorrow.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #393 on: January 19, 2009, 09:08:28 PM »

I just ordered the Martin Hello, Dolly! recording.  Do they have any others like that - other stuff that's never been released on CD?  I find their site almost impossible to search.

I did a composer search and found that they have the CD that I'm on!  When I was going to Western Washington University, the Concert Choir recorded a CD, "Sacred Choral Works" by Domenico Scarlatti.  Here's the picture:

;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Matt H.

« Reply #394 on: January 19, 2009, 09:08:47 PM »

It's after midnight here, so I'm heading down now to bed.

Good night!

FJL

« Reply #395 on: January 19, 2009, 09:22:23 PM »

Hmmm, I'm thinking one of those Lorna parodies was in bad taste, so I'd better remove it before it stays on the innernet forever.

George

« Reply #396 on: January 19, 2009, 09:44:11 PM »

Found it!!!!!

Thanks for finding and posting this!  I just bought both the Pearl Baily and Mary Martin versions of Hello, Dolly! :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #397 on: January 19, 2009, 09:47:40 PM »

Whew.....that was my first guess....but she looked a bit old to be Darla....wow.  Was she a good interview?  Was her mother around to "help"?

Her husband was there.

It must've been a good interview because, about a year or so later, they paid me again so that they could run the piece in Liberty magazine.

Actually, I don't remember anything about it.  It was so long ago.

Remember, it even took me a few minutes to recognize her.
You can dream…or you can do.

George

« Reply #398 on: January 19, 2009, 09:47:53 PM »

George!

A friendly reminder

Tonight - 9PM  new KYLE XY

der Brucer

Thanks.  Actually, the hi-def broadcast is at 6:00 pm on the West Coast...and I did watch it.  With all the shows about the inauguration being on, I need to keep my DVR as empty as I can, so I didn't record it.  I watched it as it was being broadcast.

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #399 on: January 19, 2009, 09:49:31 PM »

Thanks for sharing the picture, DR DRUXY.  You certainly looked dapper in your suit and checked shirt.....

You should see me these days.  My standard dress is jeans and a t-shirt.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #400 on: January 19, 2009, 09:50:35 PM »

How do you people post videos to youtube?  When we posted The Brain videos, I remember it was a huge deal - had to get them on the hard drive then compress them in iTunes then upload.  Is it different now?  Is there some site where you can host the clips, like photobucket?

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #401 on: January 19, 2009, 09:52:43 PM »

I just finished watching FROZEN RIVER.

Good film, but rather depressing.

Melissa Leo is terrific.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #402 on: January 19, 2009, 09:55:03 PM »

Back from Slumdog Millionaire, about which much more later, other than to say that of the films (not many) that I've seen this year it is by far and away the best.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #403 on: January 19, 2009, 09:57:49 PM »

How do you people post videos to youtube?  When we posted The Brain videos, I remember it was a huge deal - had to get them on the hard drive then compress them in iTunes then upload.  Is it different now?  Is there some site where you can host the clips, like photobucket?

What was the original format of your Brain clips?  Most basic video formats are able to be uploaded directly to YouTube - however, they can take a while to upload.
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #404 on: January 19, 2009, 09:59:20 PM »

Brain clips were on DVD originally, then put onto the hard drive.  I noticed that tinypic seems to host videos.  But I think you're saying that if we put it on the hard drive direct from a DVD we can simply upload right from the hard drive?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #405 on: January 19, 2009, 10:00:13 PM »

Here's the DGA screening room thirty minutes before show time.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #406 on: January 19, 2009, 10:02:26 PM »

Brain clips were on DVD originally, then put onto the hard drive.  I noticed that tinypic seems to host videos.  But I think you're saying that if we put it on the hard drive direct from a DVD we can simply upload right from the hard drive?

AH!  DVD files are HUGE!!! And they are only meant to be played via a DVD drive since it's not a "recording" of a video, if that makes sense.  You would have to convert it to Quicktime, Windows Media Player, RealTime, etc. file.
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #407 on: January 19, 2009, 10:18:28 PM »

I guess we'll do the iTunes thing then - it worked pretty easily.  Unless we can import it into tinypic and make it one of those files.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #408 on: January 19, 2009, 10:25:34 PM »

I guess we'll do the iTunes thing then - it worked pretty easily.  Unless we can import it into tinypic and make it one of those files.

If you have iMovie/iDVD on your Mac, you can easily do the conversion there.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #409 on: January 19, 2009, 10:27:37 PM »

You would still need to convert it into a compatible format before you upload it to tinypic.  Both YouTube and tinypic (and photobucket) are hosting services.  You could also upload to flickr.com too.  However, you will have to "join" a site in order to upload larger files.
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #410 on: January 19, 2009, 10:35:13 PM »

I do have it.  Can you e-mail me instructions or is it something that's easy and obvious.  I won't personally be doing it, but I'd like to be able to tell the person who IS doing it.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #411 on: January 19, 2009, 10:36:38 PM »

I do have it.  Can you e-mail me instructions or is it something that's easy and obvious.  I won't personally be doing it, but I'd like to be able to tell the person who IS doing it.

It's easy and obvious in iDVD.  Just click "Help".  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

George

« Reply #412 on: January 19, 2009, 10:39:02 PM »

Egad!  The Jeremy Piven video has over 1,000 views in little over a day, and my others (about the economic bailouts) had more than enough viewers to make me happy - but none of them broke 1,000 even with months.

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=starfighterllc&view=videos

Lesson learned:  Videos about sexy TV stars with mercury poisoning will attract more viewers than videos about the economy.

This was funny! ;D

Cillaliz

« Reply #413 on: January 19, 2009, 10:48:37 PM »

Whew! I finally got through 2/3 of the work I brought home tonight.  I think I'm ready for my 9:00 AM immigration hearing.  It's mostly a scheduling hearing but another lawyer had the case before me and raised a number of issues, so I needed study to make sure I can answer any questions the judge may have about them now.

It will be a long day, the hearing is set at 9:00 AM but since we have permission to appear via telephone, it could be as late as noon or even later.  Then tomorrow night I'll be at the jail with the lawyer from California who is flying in to meet our clients and discuss their cases. 

I hope all goes well for our president-elect tomorrow and everyone enjoys the festivities.

Cillaliz

« Reply #414 on: January 19, 2009, 10:49:35 PM »

Now I need to get some sleep. It will be time to get up pretty soon!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #415 on: January 19, 2009, 11:19:14 PM »

Funny, I go to iDVD, click on help, and ask every kind of question about converting to another format and come up empty.  But thanks for the help.  I suppose I'll find someone who'll just tell me how to do it - that's always easiest.

Mark

• What is it, Wellington?
« Reply #416 on: January 19, 2009, 11:47:37 PM »

"Wow," I thought to myself, because no one else cared to listen to me think at the time, "another dastardly errant-and-truant lurker named Amy has the same birthday as my dastardly errant-and-truant lurker named Amy." And then the realization not only hit home, it hit my neighbor's house, too: There was not, as that Sondheim fellow may lead you to believe, a multitude of Amys. There was just one: My dastardly errant-and-truant lurker named Amy. And, yes, today was her birthday.

She celebrated in grand fashion: by grooming a black standard poodle named Ellie who, when standing on her hind legs, was taller than the Statue of Liberty. This, of course, meant that she was promptly renamed Ellie Island. Mind you, Amy (a multitude of one) had never groomed a standard poodle before nor interacted with one. But, by, um, shear force of will, she grabbed her clippers, inserted a No. 5 blade, and went to work. Soon, the fur was flying (coach, I believe) and the black standard poodle that was bigger than the Statue of Liberty was soon looking much more prim and proper.

When she awakes (Amy not Ellie) I shall inform her of Bruce's public celebration/castigation, and implore her to post. Meanwhile, I must remove my own birthday from the profile, lest I read the notes one day soon and go, "Wow, a another dastardly errant-and-truant lurker named Mark shares my birthday …"

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14]   Go Up