Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: WHAT'S GOOD FOR THE GOOSE IS GOOD FOR THE GANDER  (Read 30419 times)

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
Re:WHAT'S GOOD FOR THE GOOSE IS GOOD FOR THE GANDER
« Reply #90 on: May 20, 2007, 09:48:52 AM »

Healing vibes for DR Tom on his recent injury.  Get well soon :)

Recently, I bought a trifle dish.  Since then, I've made 3 different trifle's with different flavor combinations.  Chocolate/Cherry (Nigella Lawson's recipe modified) a Strawberry/Banana trifle, a butterscotch trifle, and today I'm putting together something I hope will come out something like a pineapple upside down cake.  I'll let you all know how it comes along.

Matthew

« Reply #91 on: May 20, 2007, 09:49:15 AM »

Page 4 trifle dance

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #92 on: May 20, 2007, 09:51:09 AM »

Ginny is that the mattress from memory foam?  If so it will make my back worse.  

We decided to hold off getting a new mattress once we knew a puppy was in our future.  We figured if the puppy had an accident on the bed, which he didn’t, let it be on an old mattress.  Plus the air mattress is lower to the bed & easier for jumping on and off of.  Now that Sherlock is big enough to jump on & off of a higher bed, he really shouldn’t.  I guess I’ll have to live with this one a while longer until we figure things out.  

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #93 on: May 20, 2007, 09:57:18 AM »

Recently, I bought a trifle dish.  Since then, I've made 3 different trifle's with different flavor combinations.  

I'm assuming that the extreme diet is finished? How did it go?
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Jane

« Reply #94 on: May 20, 2007, 09:58:40 AM »

Matthew you have been busy. :D  I'm not a trifle fan but the butterscotch one sounds good.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #95 on: May 20, 2007, 09:59:12 AM »

Now that Sherlock is big enough to jump on & off of a higher bed, he really shouldn’t.  

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

Edisaurus

« Reply #96 on: May 20, 2007, 10:00:02 AM »

Now that Sherlock is big enough to jump on & off of a higher bed, he really shouldn’t.  I guess I’ll have to live with this one a while longer until we figure things out.  

DR Jane, have you seen those steps they make for pets to climb into bed? Some of them are very nice-looking!

I know they have some on helpyourpets.com.
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Danise

« Reply #97 on: May 20, 2007, 10:02:35 AM »

Hi all.

I'm back from the dog park.  I think B & S had a very good time.  I did notice that poor Bear seemed to be hurting so I didn't throw as many sausers as I normally do.  

He hasn't had his meds for almost a week so I think his hip may be really bothering him.  Poor baby.  When we get back to "normal" I will make sure he gets his pills each day like he used to.

I had another moment when I brought the dogs home.  I'm so used to bring them in and yelling, "Mom, we're home!".  And then going into her room to tell her all about the dogs that were there and what adventures B & S had.  

Well, I have to get ready to go over to Thelma's house.  As soon as we get the details hammered out I will post them.    I confess I peeked at a few of the airline web sites so I could see what seats would be available and it looks scary.  They are filling up fast.

I just about have to be next to a window so I can see out and there are not very many left in a price range that I can afford or at a good time for Thelma to drive to the hotel.  Yikes!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Edisaurus

« Reply #98 on: May 20, 2007, 10:02:37 AM »

You beat me to it, Der B!

Jane

« Reply #99 on: May 20, 2007, 10:02:46 AM »

Does anyone ever make bread pudding muffins?  

There is a bakery in Portland, Grand Central Bakery that makes delicious ones.  I went there for their wonderful egg salad with sun dried tomatoes on potato bread and some bread pudding muffins.  They were out of the muffins & I’m feeling cheated. ;D  Maybe I should try baking my own.

Edisaurus

« Reply #100 on: May 20, 2007, 10:04:35 AM »

DR Danise--vibes that you get the seats you want for your flights.

I'm sure those moments will keep happening for awhile, but know that we will always be here for you with love and support!

Jane

« Reply #101 on: May 20, 2007, 10:04:44 AM »

Danise, good luck getting a flight.  If you have any problems, ask to speak to a manager & explain your situation.

Edisaurus

« Reply #102 on: May 20, 2007, 10:05:55 AM »

here is a bakery in Portland, Grand Central Bakery that makes delicious ones.  I went there for their wonderful egg salad with sun dried tomatoes on potato bread and some bread pudding muffins.

How did I live over 50 years and not know about this?? And me in the South, the home of bread pudding!

Matthew

« Reply #103 on: May 20, 2007, 10:05:59 AM »

We bailed on the plan after a week and a half as it was making us crazy.  However, we learned from the week or so that we were on the diet, so we kept up portion size and excercise and such and have both done very well and continue to watch what we eat and excercise every other day or so.   It really has been life changing, we have good days and bad days but then again, that's life.  We're still making an attempt and it's working out well.

Thanks for asking, though :)

Danise

« Reply #104 on: May 20, 2007, 10:06:22 AM »

DR Danise--vibes that you get the seats you want for your flights.

I'm sure those moments will keep happening for awhile, but know that we will always be here for you with love and support!
Thank you.  I'm here (well what's left of me right now) for you all as well.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #105 on: May 20, 2007, 10:07:48 AM »

Danise, good luck getting a flight.  If you have any problems, ask to speak to a manager & explain your situation.

Will do.  It's going to be hard with school letting out and the holiday next weekend.  

I think I would love bread pudding muffins.  Sounds yummy!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Jane

« Reply #106 on: May 20, 2007, 10:09:01 AM »

DerB & Edi-LOL.  Keith did try getting some steps (why he even thought they would work I have no idea).  They are way too small for Sherlock.  I figure I don’t weigh that much more than he does & stood on the bottom step.  I thought it was going to collapse under me.

To protect Sherlock’s joints we are keeping his weight on the low side, still he weighed 92 pounds on Thursday.

Matthew

« Reply #107 on: May 20, 2007, 10:09:06 AM »

Matthew you have been busy. :D  I'm not a trifle fan but the butterscotch one sounds good.

It was a risk, but it worked well.  Sugar free butterscotch pudding, pound cake brushed with butterscotch schnapps, mandarin oranges (it sounds strange, but it was FANTASTIC) lite cool whip, and crushed Werther's Originals candy.  It was light and tasty.  

Danise

« Reply #108 on: May 20, 2007, 10:09:20 AM »

I have to go and get redressed (you can't go to a dog park and come home clean) to go to Thelma's at two.  

Talk with you all later.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Jane

« Reply #109 on: May 20, 2007, 10:15:32 AM »

Danise I feel the opposite about a window seat & get sick when I look out the window.

Having a seat assignment doesn’t guarantee you really will sit there.  On my trip to & from Pittsburgh I got bumped from my seats three times.  I just hope you get a seat at all in your price range, and that Thelma can fly standby as planned.  

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #110 on: May 20, 2007, 10:25:54 AM »

Vibes for Danise getting a good seat and a safe journey...
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #111 on: May 20, 2007, 10:34:04 AM »

How did I live over 50 years and not know about this?? And me in the South, the home of bread pudding!
Ya know what they say about bread pudding in the south:

You can never tell if it's raisins or flies.

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

singdaw

« Reply #112 on: May 20, 2007, 10:38:35 AM »

how did the gig go last night?  Anything interesting happen onstage or anyone interesting in the crowd?

Thanks for asking!  Well...

MY numbers went fine.

The accompanist got lost a few times on some of the other performer's numbers, so there were a number of train wrecks [where is DR JoseSPiano when you need him?].  In the case of Tom Rakewells' first aria, the accompanist really couldn't play it at all...but the tenor bravely forged ahead, anyway [DR FJL - that was Dan E., a real pro!].  

No one particularly interesting in the audience, but we shared the bill with 12 year old Eamon Foley, a whipper-snapper with an impressive list of Broadway credits already.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2007, 10:38:58 AM by singdaw »

singdaw

« Reply #113 on: May 20, 2007, 10:40:32 AM »

***seat vibes and travel vibes***
for DR Danise and her DF Thelma

***healing back vibes***
for DR elmore3003

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #114 on: May 20, 2007, 10:44:14 AM »

Good Morning!  Good Afternoon!

Well... I slept in too today.  Until noon.  -I guess all that running around NYC yesterday in the drizzle took more out of me than I thought.

Of course, I woke up to an absolutely glorious day weather-wise.  And since I had to make a run to the market to complete my brunch - and to shop for tonight's dinner - I've already stepped out for a bit.  Hopefully, I'll be able to get out for a bit more this afternoon before the forecasted storms move in.
Make Your Own Luck.

Cillaliz

« Reply #115 on: May 20, 2007, 10:52:02 AM »

Hi all.

I'm back from the dog park.  I think B & S had a very good time.  I did notice that poor Bear seemed to be hurting so I didn't throw as many sausers as I normally do.  

He hasn't had his meds for almost a week so I think his hip may be really bothering him.  Poor baby.  When we get back to "normal" I will make sure he gets his pills each day like he used to.

I had another moment when I brought the dogs home.  I'm so used to bring them in and yelling, "Mom, we're home!".  And then going into her room to tell her all about the dogs that were there and what adventures B & S had.  

Well, I have to get ready to go over to Thelma's house.  As soon as we get the details hammered out I will post them.    I confess I peeked at a few of the airline web sites so I could see what seats would be available and it looks scary.  They are filling up fast.

I just about have to be next to a window so I can see out and there are not very many left in a price range that I can afford or at a good time for Thelma to drive to the hotel.  Yikes!

Danise I would suggest calling the airline rather than just booking online and explaining the situation. I think they may have some sort of discount or other policy that is helpful in your situation.   It's worth a call to find out.

Michael

« Reply #116 on: May 20, 2007, 10:52:04 AM »

Any ideas who sang the theme for Gilligan's Island?

The first season was credited to The Wellingtons.

I have no reason why I remember something as mundane as this.

Update:
I should have read on before posting right away. Thanks to all who posted before me.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2007, 10:54:00 AM by Michael S »
Never stop dreaming.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #117 on: May 20, 2007, 10:55:45 AM »

~~~~VIBES~~~~~VIBES~~~~~VIBES~~~~~

Make Your Own Luck.

Cillaliz

« Reply #118 on: May 20, 2007, 10:57:31 AM »

Danise, I found this on American Airlines website I'm sure the other airlines have discounts as well:

Q:  Do you have any emergency or bereavement rates/discounts?
A:  We do offer emergency fares for different situations. You cannot obtain these fares on AA.com and will have to call American Airlines Reservations at 800-433-7300.

Was Danise going to Thelma's to make the reservations?  I don't have her phone number, but I hope she knows to call about this, it can be a lot cheaper...

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #119 on: May 20, 2007, 11:02:27 AM »

NWA does also. I just looked on their website and I do not have her number either.
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12   Go Up