Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: KRITZERLAND AT STERLING'S 47  (Read 3521 times)

TCB

• Because I can!
Re: KRITZERLAND AT STERLING'S 47
« Reply #150 on: July 07, 2014, 08:04:09 PM »

Have we noted that elmore's next post is number 32,000?

Whoa!  And where is DR George when we need him?!

Right here!

:D

Congratulations, elmore!!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #151 on: July 07, 2014, 08:16:48 PM »

FJL, did your friend Jan Horvath ever do a production of Leonard Bernstein's Mass in the Vatican City? I bought a videotape of it for a whole $3.99 or so, and on the back it lists a Jane Horvath as being in the cast.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

ChasSmith

« Reply #152 on: July 07, 2014, 08:41:58 PM »

Back from the screening.  When people find out about this they are going to be very happy.  It was actually supposed to be announced in May (that the restoration was happening) but it didn't.  However, the plan is for a Blu-ray to be issued in November, so not too long of a wait.  If it looked spectacular projected from a Blu-ray test disc on a huge screen, it's going to look amazing on our home screens.  That said, Mr. Harris and I were sitting there joking and imagining all the complaints from those horrid little people who complain and know better about everything. 

Yer killing me.      :)

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #153 on: July 07, 2014, 08:41:59 PM »

Well, yesterday I went to Wal-Mart and looked at TVs.  I saw one or two I liked and came home to research check out the dimensions etc. I ended up getting a 40 inch Vizio smart TV.  It was really highly rated on Cnet and other sites.    I absolutely love it.  It's amazing how much the technology has changed since I bought the one I've had in my living room for the last 7 years

Glad you like your new TV.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #154 on: July 07, 2014, 08:56:43 PM »

Good night, all.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #155 on: July 07, 2014, 09:00:29 PM »

I am excited about the Kritzerland #51 in NYC and even more excited it s on the weekend!ROAD TRIP!!
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

vixmom

« Reply #156 on: July 07, 2014, 09:01:12 PM »

Cilla, the TV sounds like a great birthday  gift!

vixmom

« Reply #157 on: July 07, 2014, 09:01:35 PM »

(BTW  MY birthday is in August)

just sayin'......

ryacko

• Fancy an awkward pause?
    • Robert Yacko's dot com
« Reply #158 on: July 07, 2014, 10:33:15 PM »

I'm popping in very late here this evening. It's been quite a busy crazy day, and I'm just now settling down to catch up.

Mostly, I wanted to thank you, BK, first, for the wonderful show last evening, and for that luscious material from Time and Again that suits so well what I do best. And secondly, thank you for the lovely words you posted about my work last night. It was a true joy to be a part of last evening's stellar Kritzerland show.

I hope everyone has had a wonderful Monday. Catch up with you all on the morrow, I hope.   :D

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #159 on: July 07, 2014, 11:08:41 PM »

The helper is finally back from her vacation - too damn long this time.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #160 on: July 08, 2014, 12:03:42 AM »

And now, I must be off to the theater.  The sound designer is actually in the show, so hopefully what he wrote in the script last night will be easy for me to follow. 

Until later!

Well, tonight's run-through of "The Tempest" was the first with costumes, lights and sound, and other than the few goobers because of all the added elements, it went pretty well.  It all took about three hours, but we stop and start and go back a few times.  Not a bad first run-through.  I do have to say that it's not very "Oz"-y.  That's supposed to be the concept, but I didn't see it...some of the sound cues, but not much other than that. 
« Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 12:05:35 AM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #161 on: July 08, 2014, 12:08:08 AM »

The sound cues that I had were fairly well marked.  Our stage manager was in the house and I couldn't always hear her say "go" when I needed to set one off, but other than that, they sounded pretty good.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #162 on: July 08, 2014, 12:13:04 AM »

Back from the screening.  When people find out about this they are going to be very happy.  It was actually supposed to be announced in May (that the restoration was happening) but it didn't.  However, the plan is for a Blu-ray to be issued in November, so not too long of a wait.  If it looked spectacular projected from a Blu-ray test disc on a huge screen, it's going to look amazing on our home screens.  That said, Mr. Harris and I were sitting there joking and imagining all the complaints from those horrid little people who complain and know better about everything.

Interesting...I wonder what it'll be!

George

« Reply #163 on: July 08, 2014, 12:16:22 AM »

Well, yesterday I went to Wal-Mart and looked at TVs.  I saw one or two I liked and came home to research check out the dimensions etc. I ended up getting a 40 inch Vizio smart TV.  It was really highly rated on Cnet and other sites.    I absolutely love it.  It's amazing how much the technology has changed since I bought the one I've had in my living room for the last 7 years

Congrats on the new purchase!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up