Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: ASSEMBLING THE WORLD  (Read 3489 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: ASSEMBLING THE WORLD
« Reply #150 on: July 14, 2014, 10:34:02 PM »

Got a small thing of mac-and-cheese and some Super Chinese slaw for my snack and am now finished with my viewing.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #151 on: July 14, 2014, 10:34:13 PM »

Page six?  Really?

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #152 on: July 14, 2014, 10:34:56 PM »

I can't wait!!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #153 on: July 14, 2014, 11:48:16 PM »

I'm really looking forward to this CD.  It'll be especially fascinating after having read of all these fixes.  I just (cough) acquired a (cough) copy of the PC score.  If it's as challenging as it sounds (and I don't disbelieve that for a minute), it will be highly amusing to sit down and have a tough go at it one of these days.

There is a published vocal selections, but they're not any of the arrangements in the show.  They're all just the (usually) simple songbook arrangements from the original shows...not too helpful, although the title song to "Kiss of the Spider Woman" was in this show before the first production of that show, so it doesn't have the key change that was put in for Chita.

Well, color me ignorant!

(The subtitle of my Autobiography, Vol. IV - The Ignorant Years.)

I just had a look at this score, and sure enough, no key change.  If I ever knew about that, I forgot it long ago.  (Haven't listened to this in, like, forever.)  But I'm stunned.  That key change is wonderful -- especially in how it returns for the second verse.

Thank God for Chita!

I actually like it better without the key change, like Patti's versions of "With One Look" and "As If We Never Said Goodbye."  The key changes (to me) seem very awkward...it's not called an "unprepared modulation" for nothing.  Of course, you need someone like Patti or Robert Cuccioli who have the range to be able to sing them without the key change.

I always loved Robert as Norma Desmond.

I know, right?

;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #154 on: July 14, 2014, 11:57:44 PM »

I have to get to bed early tonight (meaning, NOW) because in the morning, several of us from the Collections Management department are taking a field trip! Tomorrow, we're going to visit the Pierce County Library to see how they do some things and we have to leave early. And we weren't told if we HAVE to bring our lunch, or if it's just okay to bring our own lunch.  I'm not prepared to make my own lunch, so I hope I leave enough time to stop at some place like Subway before I go to work.  There's one that very close.  On Thursday, we're going on another trip, but that'll be to visit the Ft. Vancouver Regional Library and see how they do some things. That will have an even earlier start time. :P
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #155 on: July 15, 2014, 12:00:05 AM »

I actually wanted to be in bed by 11:00 pm, but tomorrow night will be the Theater Artists Olympia board meeting where the new officers who have just been elected will be installed as the new officers.  I had to put together the treasurer's report (essentially, just print out our check book balance) and I also printed the final voting numbers for all the positions that were up for election this year, which was everything but treasurer.  There are some changes, and not all will be happy changes...well, a couple of people won't be happy.  I'll be up for re-election next year.  AND Wednesday is the cut-off for invoicing at work, so I have so little time and so much to do in the next few days.  I hate it when that happens! :o

George

« Reply #156 on: July 15, 2014, 12:00:36 AM »

Anyway, I'm off to bed.

Good night and have a good day tomorrow!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up