Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: FOR THOSE WHO DON'T SPEAK FRENCH  (Read 8284 times)

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
Re: FOR THOSE WHO DON'T SPEAK FRENCH
« Reply #60 on: July 26, 2014, 08:05:48 AM »

TOD: Ian McShane as Cracker.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #61 on: July 26, 2014, 08:06:00 AM »

Three!
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #62 on: July 26, 2014, 08:09:38 AM »

Do these count as a cracker? Also Wasa. Good stuff.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #63 on: July 26, 2014, 08:11:43 AM »

Seeing an old friend I haven't seen in 20 years. Thanks to Facebook. Say what you must about it is really good finding old friends an reconnecting

Just had a call from an old friend whom I thought had written me off. His life is crazy (his wife wants him to move to Ecuador to take care of their grandchild while she may not be moving), so maybe a call once every five years or so will have to suffice. Still, it was nice to hear from him.
― Voltaire

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #64 on: July 26, 2014, 08:14:53 AM »

I just come here for the novelty coffee mugs and their trenchant commentary on the little ironies of everyday life.

ChasSmith

« Reply #65 on: July 26, 2014, 08:35:24 AM »

TOD:

I grew up thinking crackers = Saltines.  And the occasional Ritz.  I don't think my family ever had anything more adventurous than those.

As an adult, I never visit the cracker aisle.  (The Cracker Aisle -- the title of my next wacky novel).  Truth is, crackers bore me, unless they're a carrier for something really tasty.  Well, that's not completely true.  I can enjoy a couple of the flavored varieties of Wheat Thins.  And Triscuits.  But in general, I never think, "oh, let's have a cracker".

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #66 on: July 26, 2014, 08:40:22 AM »

I'm up - barely.

Ginny

« Reply #67 on: July 26, 2014, 08:53:00 AM »

TOD - Triscuits are my favorites and in recent years I've opted for the reduced sodium version.  They are called "Hint of Salt," which sounds better than low sodium.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

ChasSmith

« Reply #68 on: July 26, 2014, 08:54:46 AM »

I want to see L’Appartement

I didn't know it was the basis for Wicker Park.  Oddly enough, I only recently watched the latter for my first time.  Yes, it's a hot mess, but I liked the idea of it so I'm thrilled to hear about the existence of the French original.  I just put it in my Amazon.fr panier.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #69 on: July 26, 2014, 08:59:47 AM »

DR Nurse Jane

The doctor wanted to wait and see about the shoulder which I thought was stupid. They could have done it at the same time. I told them that too.

Now I understand.  I also understand your impatience to find out what is wrong.  To do a second MRI would be extremely tiring, to me anyway.  You would have to be still for the knee and then again for the shoulder.  They wouldn't be done at the same time, at least not that I know of.

I am confused that your PT for your shoulder is so limiting.  I understand it hurts but it your range of motion limited? 

Jane

« Reply #70 on: July 26, 2014, 09:00:31 AM »

Hey, Sing, not only did you see someone you know in Shrek, you saw someone you didn't know but someone I know.

Papa Bear is played by my nephew, Joe McLaughlin!

:)  Your nephew is cute.

Jane

« Reply #71 on: July 26, 2014, 09:06:40 AM »

Seeing an old friend I haven't seen in 20 years. Thanks to Facebook. Say what you must about it is really good finding old friends an reconnecting

Just had a call from an old friend whom I thought had written me off. His life is crazy (his wife wants him to move to Ecuador to take care of their grandchild while she may not be moving), so maybe a call once every five years or so will have to suffice. Still, it was nice to hear from him.

That does sound odd, not the moving there but sending him alone.  ;D

Jane

« Reply #72 on: July 26, 2014, 09:26:22 AM »

For today only here are some kindle deals in the mystery/thriller section for $1.99
http://www.amazon.com/gp/browse.html/ref=pe_170810_121651950_pe_button/?node=7533915011

Thank you for the reminder that I have a few books on my Kindle app to read.  Today I will begin with THE MAN IN THE HIGH CASTLE.

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #73 on: July 26, 2014, 09:52:06 AM »

I just come here for the novelty coffee mugs and their trenchant commentary on the little ironies of everyday life.

FJL

« Reply #74 on: July 26, 2014, 09:53:53 AM »

Has there been discussion of the possibility that the hook at the top of this big pop chart hit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Fy6ssU9m-E
Rixton - Me and My Broken Heart

was influenced by Cy Coleman's music for the chorus of Rhythm of Life?  It seems not exact enough to be stealing, but it does sound a lot like it. 

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #75 on: July 26, 2014, 10:04:01 AM »

I did not realize that Meredith Willson's book, But He Doesn't Know the Territory, is now available in a Kindle edition.

« Last Edit: July 26, 2014, 10:07:48 AM by singdaw »

Kerry

« Reply #76 on: July 26, 2014, 10:40:41 AM »

TOD;  Crackers: Zwieback (aka Melba Toast), RyeKrisp (do they still make that?), RITZ (of course) and Waverly Wafers (which are just rectangular Ritz crackers).

And of course, HoneyMaid Graham Crackers.
I like boat races.

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #77 on: July 26, 2014, 11:43:23 AM »

HoneyMaid

I wonder if She of the Evil Eye is a HoneyMaid?

Cillaliz

« Reply #78 on: July 26, 2014, 11:48:43 AM »

Saturday morning greetings!  Thank you, DRs Singdaw, Vixmom, John G, TCB, KevinH, FJL, ChasSmith, and Elmore for all the vibes regarding my Mom.  I told her I'd check in on her today, but not until after 5pm.  Today is her retirement community's annual fish fry, their biggest fundraiser, and traffic will be awful until it's over.  Mom used to volunteer for this event and it makes me sad because she hasn't even wanted to attend for the past several years.

I think this situation is going to get a lot worse before it gets better...

Vibes DR Ginny....I'm feeling the same about my parents.  I'm going up there next weekend. 

Cillaliz

« Reply #79 on: July 26, 2014, 11:53:07 AM »

TOD - Triscuits are my favorites and in recent years I've opted for the reduced sodium version.  They are called "Hint of Salt," which sounds better than low sodium.

I'm a Triscuit fan too.  There are so many kinds.  I think the reduced sodium taste just as good as the regular

Ginny

« Reply #80 on: July 26, 2014, 12:00:05 PM »

Saturday morning greetings!  Thank you, DRs Singdaw, Vixmom, John G, TCB, KevinH, FJL, ChasSmith, and Elmore for all the vibes regarding my Mom.  I told her I'd check in on her today, but not until after 5pm.  Today is her retirement community's annual fish fry, their biggest fundraiser, and traffic will be awful until it's over.  Mom used to volunteer for this event and it makes me sad because she hasn't even wanted to attend for the past several years.

I think this situation is going to get a lot worse before it gets better...

Vibes DR Ginny....I'm feeling the same about my parents.  I'm going up there next weekend. 

Vibes to you and your parents, too, DR Cillaliz.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #81 on: July 26, 2014, 12:01:14 PM »

I'm a Triscuit fan too.  There are so many kinds.  I think the reduced sodium taste just as good as the regular

I was out of Hint of Salt and ate some regular ones the other day.  They tasted so-o-o-o salty!

Cillaliz

« Reply #82 on: July 26, 2014, 12:02:12 PM »

I went to a garage sale today and got a really cool parrot made out of a used tire.  It looks like this one sans plant

Cillaliz

« Reply #83 on: July 26, 2014, 12:04:25 PM »

I was out of Hint of Salt and ate some regular ones the other day.  They tasted so-o-o-o salty!

I've had that experience many times.  I don't like things too salty, so I generally buy low sodium anyway.  When you get used to them you can really tell the difference

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #84 on: July 26, 2014, 12:18:31 PM »

Yes.  The last time (some time ago) that I tried a regular ritz cracker, I found it barely edible, it was so salty.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #85 on: July 26, 2014, 12:22:49 PM »

Back from sausage and eggs and picking up a bunch of packages.

Ginny

« Reply #86 on: July 26, 2014, 12:37:50 PM »

I also eat unsalted roasted almonds and cashews and almost choked the last time I had a handful of salted mixed nuts  :P

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #87 on: July 26, 2014, 12:41:36 PM »

Page three?  Really?

FJL

« Reply #88 on: July 26, 2014, 12:48:43 PM »

But page 4 is so close

FJL