Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: AFTER THE BALL  (Read 18812 times)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
Re:AFTER THE BALL
« Reply #120 on: May 24, 2005, 02:04:07 PM »

And one for Mahler!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #121 on: May 24, 2005, 02:10:15 PM »

DR Rodzinksi,
Are you a fan of MYSTERY SCIENCE THEATER?

I thought it was pretty funny. I'd rather just watch the movies as they are without those robots blocking the view, but they did say some funny things.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #122 on: May 24, 2005, 02:14:09 PM »

Oh, I shall haunt the mailbox, DRMBARNUM...thanks.  And I shall be returning your airline hostesses soon.  I also have something to send DR RODZINSKI sooner or later.

So many goodies!
Hey JRand, I saw you as Seymour in LITTLE SHOP footage. Looked like a wild time.

For Jennifer, might I suggest the Pirates as your new favorite baseball team?

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #123 on: May 24, 2005, 02:15:15 PM »

LOL....actually I was in the plant that was Byron as Seymour....but yes it was a lot of fun.  LOL

How long does it take to record a cast album? You can listen to one in about an hour or less.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #124 on: May 24, 2005, 02:48:41 PM »

HaHa. Sure that wasn't you as Seymour? Actually, I forgot that the plant is Audrey II and the guy is Seymour. That had to be uncomfortable sitting in that pot!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #125 on: May 24, 2005, 02:57:03 PM »

I felt right at home... :)

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #126 on: May 24, 2005, 03:52:17 PM »

Just got back from a meeting with a pit stop at Amoeba.  Picked up DRUMS ALONG THE MOHAWK, THE BRAVADOS, & ON GUARD, all for well under ten dollars, one for under five.  Also picked up the original cast album of GOLDEN BOY.  I love the song entitled NIGHT SONG, though I think I like the cover version he did of it on another album better.

While at Amoeba I saw more people delusional about their looks...weird piercings, ungodly hair-dos of ridiculous hues (a long, greased-up Mohawk half black.half yellow...and I mean YELLOW, not blonde), ghastly tatoos up and down limbs, across necks, on the midriffs and the small of backs.  Do other people find all this attractive?  Of course, usually the people who have these "notice me" adornments are not particularly attractive to begin with...but why not learn to make the most of what you have, instead of turning the unexciting into the unappetizing?

Jennifer

« Reply #127 on: May 24, 2005, 04:00:48 PM »

Was there something besides the demise on Y/R, DRJOSE?

HEY you guys are lucky we are one day ahead here for Y&R in Canada.  Although apparently the covers of all the soap mags have had the news on their front covers (I despise this).

DR Jrand I'm pretty sure that the demise is what DR Jose was referring to.  Very sad actually.  That girl has been on the show since she was very little.   She was actually an incredible actress when she was first on (maybe 6 yrs old).

Jennifer

« Reply #128 on: May 24, 2005, 04:03:31 PM »

As for the season finale of MEDIUM (i guess don't read this if you intend to watch it).

I actually didn't mind the ending.  No, it wasn't a huge cliff-hanger.  But it was still interesting.  Because I don't really understand why the Texas guy did what he did.

DR MattH do you have any ideas?  I was thinking maybe he wants to pass to the other side to give Alison more info.  Or maybe he's punishing himself for not discovering the relation?

Anyhow, i thought it was an interesting way to end.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #129 on: May 24, 2005, 04:11:21 PM »

DR MBARNUM...my copy of Aventurera just shipped from DDD.  Only took 4 days.  Maybe they have a few in stock now.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #130 on: May 24, 2005, 04:12:59 PM »

DR CP....what a coincidence....MUCH of the outdoor footage for MOHAWK, the Allison Hayes movie of the Photo of the Week, came from the much more prestigious DRUMS ALONG THE MOHAWK.  DRUMS has a couple of Indian attacks that really scared me when I saw it on TV as a kid.  And they are still frightening.  

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #131 on: May 24, 2005, 04:20:57 PM »

As for the season finale of MEDIUM (i guess don't read this if you intend to watch it).

I actually didn't mind the ending.  No, it wasn't a huge cliff-hanger.  But it was still interesting.  Because I don't really understand why the Texas guy did what he did.

DR MattH do you have any ideas?  I was thinking maybe he wants to pass to the other side to give Alison more info.  Or maybe he's punishing himself for not discovering the relation?

Anyhow, i thought it was an interesting way to end.

I thought it quite clear that he was intentionally trying to cross over so that he could help Allison put an end to something he was already blaming himself for not ending years before.  
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #132 on: May 24, 2005, 04:21:58 PM »

Hello fellow dear readers. DR Sandra and I have been busy the last few days doing landscaping work. It's hot outside.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

William F. Orr

• Jeeper Creepers!
« Reply #133 on: May 24, 2005, 04:56:43 PM »

I'd like to plant seeds,
But it's hot outside.
I ought to pull weeds,
But it's hot outside...
"Champagne to my real friends, and real pain to my sham friends!"
--Wayland Flowers

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #134 on: May 24, 2005, 05:06:29 PM »

I love the colors in that pic, DR Jrand!

So will anybody else be watching Rob and Amber's wedding tonight?

I wouldn't know Rob or Amber even if I attended the wedding.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #135 on: May 24, 2005, 05:10:23 PM »

I don't think we'll go there for several reasons, the first being DRTCB!

Why Larry, you aren't implying that I know what size stick you need!
“One thing’s universal,

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #136 on: May 24, 2005, 05:11:25 PM »

Before I sign off for the night, I thought I'd let you know two things:
1.  I've heard from DRTomovoz who is now home and happy to be   there; it sounds like he'll be with us again soon.

2.  I got a lovely email from DRJay, who is now employed. He and his dashing boyfriend are celebrating six months this weekend at Palm Springs. and he sounds happy and busy  He says he will return as soon as he manages to balance his time.  It hope it is soon.  I miss him.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #137 on: May 24, 2005, 05:12:03 PM »

By the way (BTW in internet lingo), Tomovoz is home, safe and sound.  However, he is very tired.
“One thing’s universal,

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #138 on: May 24, 2005, 05:12:16 PM »

Why Larry, you aren't implying that I know what size stick you need!

I was afraid you'd be too interested in what size stick I carry!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #139 on: May 24, 2005, 05:12:43 PM »

By the way (BTW in internet lingo), Tomovoz is home, safe and sound.  However, he is very tired.

Hee hee!  Beat you!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #140 on: May 24, 2005, 05:13:29 PM »

Before I sign off for the night, I thought I'd let you know two things:
1.  I've heard from DRTomovoz who is now home and happy to be   there; it sounds like he'll be with us again soon.

What is it they say about great minds???
“One thing’s universal,

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #141 on: May 24, 2005, 05:20:14 PM »

Great news about TOMovOZ....thanks!  Everyone!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #142 on: May 24, 2005, 05:20:24 PM »

I'd like to plant seeds,
But it's hot outside.
I ought to pull weeds,
But it's hot outside...

DOT: It's hot up here.

YVONNE: It's hot and it's monotonous.

LOUISE: I want my shades.

FRANZ: This is not my good profile.

;D
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #143 on: May 24, 2005, 05:27:54 PM »

I love sports.  My favorite is baseball, followed closely by football.  I prefer watching football on television, especially after the Seahawks decided they wanted an open-air stadium.  I watch the Seattle Mariners every chance I get (in fact, even as we speak).  I try to go to a couple of Mariners games at Safeco Field each year; but with my hip getting steadily worse, I have had to cut back on those to avoid all the extra walking.

Tomovoz got me turned on to Australian football, but I was a little disappointed to find out that, unlike their calendar, they actually wear clothes when they are playing the game.
“One thing’s universal,

Danise

« Reply #144 on: May 24, 2005, 05:46:00 PM »

Hi Gang,

DR Ginny, I am so glad that you will be making the trip to NYC.  I wish I could say with 100% certainly that I will be there but I’m not quite there yet.  I will know before the tickets for Michael Ball’s tickets go on sale in August.

It would be wonderful if DR Michael could come up again.  Maybe some others?  

I guess I found the right group of people with regards to TV sports because my likes match most of yours.  Ice Skating (did you know I’m something of an ice skater myself?), horse racing, and gymnastics make my list as well.

DR Rodzinski, to answer part of your question about Finding Namo, he is a poster on a Broadway board that I used to post on before I discovered HHW.  There was a time when he and I butted heads quite badly but after we started talking privately, I found out he’s a pretty nice guy.

I do miss talking with him and some of the others from that board but I never really fit in.  It’s just as well that I’ve moved on.  

I went to the gathering they had the last time I was in NYC, mostly because I dearly wanted to say “Thank You” in person to someone who had done something very nice for me.  Once I did that, my heart was content and I left.  I rarely even scan that board now.

So BK, dish the dish—what did this “Finding Namo” look like?  I never met him –that I know of.  If he was at that gathering, he didn’t introduce himself to me.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #145 on: May 24, 2005, 05:48:50 PM »

Oh, and I have to say if there is one stupid sport (IMHO) to watch on TV, it's golf.  YAWN!!!!  How boring to watch people hit a ball as far away from themselfs as they can and then have to walk after it.  

Of course, if I could make the money those people do putting that little white ball in the cup I think I would have a whole new respect for the game.   :D
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #146 on: May 24, 2005, 06:03:06 PM »

TCB, the one and only football game I have watched from start to finish was when the Bucs played and won the Super Bowl.  I have no idea what was going on but I am one hundred and ten percent sure that it was my watching that allowed them to win.  

I’ve never watched another game and they sure aren’t winning anything anymore.   ;D
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #147 on: May 24, 2005, 06:05:15 PM »

Thank you so much for all dear readers who gave me wellcome back messages. Always warm and sweet here at HHW. :)

I'm late but I'm very glad to see you again as well, DR Hisaka!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #148 on: May 24, 2005, 06:10:06 PM »

TCB, the one and only football game I have watched from start to finish was when the Bucs played and won the Super Bowl.  I have no idea what was going on but I am one hundred and ten percent sure that it was my watching that allowed them to win.  

I’ve never watched another game and they sure aren’t winning anything anymore.   ;D

It seemed like that was the same situation last year with the Seattle Storm women's basketball team!  They won EVERY game that I either saw (live or on TV) or listened to on the radio or Internet!  It was spooky! :o They did lose (and win) games that I didn't experience but they never seemed to lose if I was in some sort of attendance.  However, all good streaks come to an end.  They eventually did lose games that I went to, but like I said, it was pretty spooky for quite a while! :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Danise

« Reply #149 on: May 24, 2005, 06:12:31 PM »

Our problems with Peggy climbing over the fence have increased.

Once last night, and twice this morning, Peggy has gotten out of the yard.  That's bad enough, but how she got out is the real problem.  It seems that Fletcher has figured out how to open the doggy door even when we've slid the closing panel shut.  He pushes the panel up with his nose, and since it's a fairly snug fit the panel stays up while he lets himself out.  Therefor, Peggy follows...and over the fence she goes!

Fortunately, she doesn't want to run off too far, but with her pit bull bloodlines there are too many people who won't see her as the friendly dog that she is, and she could get into real trouble.

Der Brucer thinks he's rigged the door so that Fletcher won't be able to open it again, but it's a pain.

We've got to get her a better home.

:'(

I just hope that the new homes solution is a tree and a chain.  That always makes me sick when I’m walking B & B and I see that.  If you can’t have a fenced in yard for the dog(s)  to run and play in, you shouldn’t have one.  IMHO.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2005, 06:12:57 PM by Danise »
Touch Magic, Pass it on!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up