Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14   Go Down

Author Topic: 'NUFF SAID  (Read 45169 times)

FJL

Re:'NUFF SAID
« Reply #210 on: March 10, 2007, 03:43:27 PM »

How about now?

FJL

« Reply #211 on: March 10, 2007, 03:43:46 PM »

8 is 'nuff, I always say.

MusicGuy

• ...at an audition to accompany Guy Haines...
« Reply #212 on: March 10, 2007, 03:45:42 PM »

Good afternoon dear Esteemed, centered, well-timed, and sultry BK --

I'm glad that the location research by DR Adrianna paid off;  one of the things that makes your L.A. based books work so well (for me, anyway) is that you are careful about small details and locations.  I'm looking forward to this new one, and I already have my breath baited....my loins girded, and my sinews glistened!

My God, I sound like one of DR MB's dates!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #213 on: March 10, 2007, 03:47:00 PM »

Back from work, caught up on the posts, and now it's time for dinner guests to arrive.  But that's OK, I have nothing to say today anyway.

Why not?
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

MusicGuy

« Reply #214 on: March 10, 2007, 03:48:53 PM »

TOD:

Coconut cream

Cherry (and I hate almost all commercially made cherry.... mine has a secret twist)

Pumpkin

Peach (best made from my own trees ! )

And a VERY BIG caveat to anyone who sees the word "topping" on a menu..... be afraid -- be very afraid!  Real whipped cream doesn't have to be labelled as "topping."

MusicGuy

« Reply #215 on: March 10, 2007, 03:49:35 PM »

Hi TCB.... go have some pie !  :)

MusicGuy

« Reply #216 on: March 10, 2007, 03:51:09 PM »

Hi dear Jose, you swarthy temptress ! .... A package was dipatched today with your name on it...... should be there around the latter part of this coming week.

MusicGuy

« Reply #217 on: March 10, 2007, 03:53:02 PM »

Hello Cason, you impish pixie !  When is your next "in-person" audition for the San Diego gig ?  We all hold good thoughts for you. :)

Cillaliz

« Reply #218 on: March 10, 2007, 03:53:57 PM »

Well, you know it's the 21st century when your neighbor lady asks you to come over and check out her robot.

This morning my neighbor asked me to take a look at her new Roomba to see if I could figure out why it was acting peculiar.  It didn't take long to see that at some point it had attempted to sweep up one of those furniture gliders that one puts under a sofa or chair leg.  The thing had gotten lodged underneath the Roomba's bumper.  Once removed, Roomba went on it's merry way, cleaning up the entire downstairs floor.

Now I want one!

Incidentally, I was treated to a slice of homemade cherry pie for my efforts.

They are fun to watch, but don't pick up pet hair well enough for my needs

MusicGuy

« Reply #219 on: March 10, 2007, 03:54:34 PM »

I'm off to do some evening things soon, so I must take my leave.

where should one put one's leave?  A question for the Grande Mensch to consider mayhaps....

FJL

« Reply #220 on: March 10, 2007, 04:06:38 PM »

Signed on again because the dinner guests were late, but now - here they are!!!!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #221 on: March 10, 2007, 04:08:20 PM »

Cason, I am very impressed with your work on BRAIN.
“One thing’s universal,

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #222 on: March 10, 2007, 04:12:00 PM »

Good Evening!

...And "Scene"![/i]

:)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #223 on: March 10, 2007, 04:14:07 PM »

Whew!

And the 2007 Spring SETC Auditions have come to a close.  I have a little bit of an "epilogue" tonight playing some callbacks, but it's truly just "some" callbacks - I think the theatre only called back four or five people today.  -It was actually a pretty good day talent-wise, they're just looking for specific people for specific roles at this time, so... That means I'll be down at the bar sooner rather than later for the closing night festivities.  :)
Make Your Own Luck.

Cillaliz

« Reply #224 on: March 10, 2007, 04:15:21 PM »

Good evening all.  Well, it's about evening here anyway.  I'm supposed to go to the final round of the Iowa Piano Competition tonight. Last year it was fabulous, but I have just started to feel better this afternoon, so I am going to stay home, make myself a yummy dinner and relax this evening.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #225 on: March 10, 2007, 04:16:50 PM »

Hmm... And it looks like I beat DR edisaurus "home".  She actually popped in before the lunch break to observe two groups, and then stayed for the whole afternoon session.  I'm guessing she sat through about 200 auditions.  -Which is more than some of the company reps can do at times!

I shall let her describe her experience this past afternoon once she's back at a computer.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #226 on: March 10, 2007, 04:17:30 PM »

DR edisaurus - Thank you for the almond croissant!  YUM!!!!
Make Your Own Luck.

Cillaliz

« Reply #227 on: March 10, 2007, 04:17:41 PM »

In a shocking development, the state of Iowa may increse jury duty pay to $30 a day.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #228 on: March 10, 2007, 04:19:18 PM »

In other news...

As for "Who's Line Is It Anyway?" - One of my favorite shows - and I actually prefer the original English version.  -The American one was/is OK, but some of it is a bit too planned out in advanced some times.  -And those musical parodies/improv have had me laughing out loud many times.
Make Your Own Luck.

Cillaliz

« Reply #229 on: March 10, 2007, 04:21:59 PM »

Hey, they are doing a news story on the local foods restaurant where I ate this morning...this guys potatoes look warm...wonder how he managed that!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #230 on: March 10, 2007, 04:23:23 PM »

RE: Fritz on "The Closer" - Ah, I forgot Jon Tenney was on that show.

And tie this in with something DR FJL mentioned - When I was at New York Stage & Film last summer, the project I worked on was "What's Appropriate For A First Date With An Earthing?" by the Tenney brothers themselves, David and Steven.

*And it just so happens that Jon Tenney is married to one of NYS&F's former higher-ups.  And, for those who may not remember, he was married to Teri Hatcher of "Lois & Clark" and "Desperate Housewives" fame.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #231 on: March 10, 2007, 04:23:51 PM »

Hey, they are doing a news story on the local foods restaurant where I ate this morning...this guys potatoes look warm...wonder how he managed that!

It's all that TV lighting.
Make Your Own Luck.

Cason

• The time is nigh!
« Reply #232 on: March 10, 2007, 04:26:43 PM »

TOD:  

Oh dear, well, I guess since we are all pretty chummy around here, I can tell you all about the "Boysenberry Pie" incident.  I was in 7th grade, I suppose it was -- and my church youth group had this annual trip to Disneyland.  In addition to going to Disneyland, this particular trip, we also made a dinner outing to Mrs. Knott's Chicken Dinner Restaurant at Knott's Berry Farm.  If you haven't been there, basically it is a homestyle dinner sort of 7 course meal.  

Bread, salad, soup, entree, sides, dessert, etc.  Tons of food, all in all.  You order everything at the beginning, so they just keep bringing things out -- you've forgotten what all you've gotten, so it's a constant surprise.

Well, I gorged my way through all of the food - totally forgetting that dessert was on its way.  I was right at that "good amount of full," where you are happily content, but can't stomach (pun!) another round.  Then came the pie.

I had ordered the Boysenberry pie -- one of their "specialties" there...and they bring out this big slice of pie with ice cream and set it in front of me.  So, I obviously can't rationalize not having at least a bite, so I take one bite of the pie - very good - and decide that's it for the evening.  Now, unfortunately I had been seated by one of our chaperones, Todd, who was just like one of the kids.  He sees me not finishing my pie, and utters the now-infamous phrase, "C'mon Cason - eat the pie!"

And before you know it, he starts chanting "Eat the pie!  Eat the pie!  Eat the pie!"  And this chanting spreads like wildfire - first, our section of this huge table where all of our group was sitting; then down the whole table; and to some of the tables of the other patrons.  The whole room is sitting there chanting, "EAT THE PIE!  EAT THE PIE!  EAT THE PIE!"  

So, naturally, I couldn't defy the crowd, so I gobbled down the rest of the pie to cheers and catcalls from everyone.  And that point, I was over-stuffed, but the pride outweighed the bloat.  

When we got back to the church we were spending the night at, I was pretty miserable and uncomfortable, but tried to will myself to sleep.  I kept tossing and turning and knew I wasn't getting to sleep anytime soon...and then I felt it.  I jumped up and ran outside and revisited Mrs. Knott's Chicken Dinner on the sidewalk...

But the best part was one of the girls on the trip came out to see what all the fuss was about as some of the chaperones helped diffuse the situation and she was highly amused by the hue of the expectorated dinner and affectionately called me "Pinky" for several years thereafter...
Art touches people in ways that words can't and my goal in life is to touch as many people as possible.

Cillaliz

« Reply #233 on: March 10, 2007, 04:26:49 PM »

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #234 on: March 10, 2007, 04:26:52 PM »

As for the Topic of the Day...

Hmm.... I'd have to say my current favorite is Chocolate Fudge Pecan.  *You know you're in trouble when the number of fat grams per serving is listed as "continued on back flap".  ;)

Otherwise, I don't think I've ever met a pie I didn't like.  Yes, I've had less than ideal ones, but whether it's fruit, meringue, custard, chess, chocolate, etc... It's all good eatin' to me.

When we lived in Seattle, my mom would regularly make Strawberry-Rhubarb Pies - we grew rhubarb in the backyard.  Those were some good pies!
Make Your Own Luck.

Cason

• The time is nigh!
« Reply #235 on: March 10, 2007, 04:27:37 PM »

Cason, I am very impressed with your work on BRAIN.

Thank you, sir!  
Art touches people in ways that words can't and my goal in life is to touch as many people as possible.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #236 on: March 10, 2007, 04:28:04 PM »

*And it just so happens that Jon Tenney is married to one of NYS&F's former higher-ups.  And, for those who may not remember, he was married to Teri Hatcher of "Lois & Clark" and "Desperate Housewives" fame.

Well, there goes my chance in Hell.
“One thing’s universal,

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #237 on: March 10, 2007, 04:28:12 PM »

DR Cason - Love the Pie story!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #238 on: March 10, 2007, 04:28:53 PM »

Well, there goes my chance in Hell.

Well... He still is an actor, so...

;)
« Last Edit: March 10, 2007, 04:29:11 PM by JoseSPiano »
Make Your Own Luck.

Cason

• The time is nigh!
« Reply #239 on: March 10, 2007, 04:29:00 PM »

Hello Cason, you impish pixie !  When is your next "in-person" audition for the San Diego gig ?  We all hold good thoughts for you. :)

Hello, hello, MusicGuy!  I head down there on the 21st for the callback...so, I've got several more days of patient waiting... ::)
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14   Go Up