Technology.  Gotta love it.

singdaw

Re:OUTRE
« Reply #241 on: August 19, 2007, 03:56:06 PM »

[move=right,scroll,6,transparent,100%][/move]

singdaw

« Reply #242 on: August 19, 2007, 03:58:27 PM »

Two thirds of the way through Hot Fuzz, and enjoying it immensely.

Tomovoz

« Reply #243 on: August 19, 2007, 03:59:29 PM »

Two thirds of the way through Hot Fuzz, and enjoying it immensely.

mmm why does that sound unseemly?
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #244 on: August 19, 2007, 04:00:27 PM »

DR singdaw - I've given Nathan Gunn's new CD a few listens, and, well...  It's all a little too, well... Bland for my tastes.  It's sort of like an "Adult Contemporary" album sung by a classical singer.  Nothing sits too high or too long in his voice, and some of the arrangements are downright puzzling - especially the Haydn-esque(?) string arrangement of John Bucchino's "Feels Like Home" with Kristin Chenoweth which has the melody being sung over a pizzicato accompaniment.  I'll probably file it with my David Daniels crossover CD and take it out a few months - or years - down the line to see if my first impressions are still lasting ones.

As for seeing him on stage... Yes.  I haven't seen him in opera - and, therefore, without his shirt on - but I have seen him in recital.  His wife is his accompanist.  And, frankly, her playing is fine, but I prefer a bit more collaboration and even a touch of "challenge" from my accompanists.  *She's also credited as the arranger and musical director for the new CD, so that may have something to do with the soundscape of the project.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #245 on: August 19, 2007, 04:02:23 PM »

And I guess I should add that my favorite crossover-classical album is still Kathleen Battle's "So Many Stars".  She's accompanied by a line-up of jazz all-stars, and the marriage of singer, material and arrangements totally works for me.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #246 on: August 19, 2007, 04:04:35 PM »

Make Your Own Luck.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #247 on: August 19, 2007, 04:08:08 PM »

Loveley picture Jane!

Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #248 on: August 19, 2007, 04:09:27 PM »

So...

There was one baking sheet that the roomie used last week, a week ago today, in fact, as she was cooking her dinner for her and her boyfriend/lover/???.  He washed it after dinner - and didn't really do a good job of doing so - it's still slicked in olive oil.  We've all just left it on the drainboard by the sink the past week just waiting to see when she will put it away - or at least attempt to put it away.  Well...  It's still there - along with the pot lids too.  And, of course, the Fresh Direct boxes which should have been put in the recycling pile three weeks ago are still here too.

The "funny" thing is, is that the rest of us do want to ask her to put her dishes away, however, we're all at the point where if we do ask her, there will undoubtedly be a bit of "tone" in that request.  So...  We all just decided to play the waiting game.  I suspect she'll be preparing dinner in a little bit, so... We'll see what happens.  If anything.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #249 on: August 19, 2007, 04:10:46 PM »

As for the NYMF ticket issues, just give a call to their ticket/box office services, that should do the trick.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #250 on: August 19, 2007, 04:11:58 PM »

DR Jose, didn't we eat at El Centro last February?

Si, Señorita.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #251 on: August 19, 2007, 04:12:45 PM »

DER Jose-FANTASTIC photos!

You're welcome, DR Jane.  I'm just glad the cars obeyed the traffic signals.  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #252 on: August 19, 2007, 04:15:03 PM »

And Jose -- thank you for the lovely photos of your niece. I saw your post early this morning, and I went back to sleep before I posted about them.

You're Welcome, and No Worries.  Sleep is good.  -And something I did not get enough of last night.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #253 on: August 19, 2007, 04:19:09 PM »

Finally hung up, called back, and got someone on the phone three minutes later - this guy knew what he was doing.  I was right - when I had to use dial-up in NY it messed with the Airport system, so he basically had me reset the wireless card in the computer, which just was typing in about three little things, and all should be well now.  And I'm NOT using dial-up ever again.  Thankfully, the two places I'm staying in, while not having wireless, are both cable modem (Time Warner, like mine) so all should be well.  I might even be able to glom onto someone else's wireless, too.

*I've found that if I have what I'm sure if a small technical issue, I just give my local Apple Store a call, and, after pushing all the various prompts to reach a live person, said person has usually been able to my question.

**And if you ever do have to use dial-up again, just remember that the modem is already set-up in your computer.  All you would have to do is set-up the proper access phone numbers in AOL, and set AOL to use dial-up, not the computer.  Otherwise, you could end up changing your internet access properties for your whole computer - which is what sounds like what happened.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #254 on: August 19, 2007, 04:19:29 PM »

Hmm... Still thinking about what to have for dinner...  Hmm...
Make Your Own Luck.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #255 on: August 19, 2007, 04:25:47 PM »

And I guess I should add that my favorite crossover-classical album is still Kathleen Battle's "So Many Stars".  She's accompanied by a line-up of jazz all-stars, and the marriage of singer, material and arrangements totally works for me.

Even if the woman's as crazy as a coot!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #256 on: August 19, 2007, 04:26:21 PM »

And during today's matinee, I was also able to read a couple of articles in today's New York Times about Walking in the The City.  Fun reads.  The closing paragraph of the second article more or less sums up my love of the city.

Mr. Lopate once described a “rhythm of walking and thinking”: “The legs get the mind going at a certain pace. There is a continued alternation between outside stimulation and the interior monologue that’s going on in your head. There is the whole Eros of walking. You pass something that you fall in love with and which you’ll never see again.”

The Walker and the Walk

The Extreme Boulevardier
Make Your Own Luck.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #257 on: August 19, 2007, 04:27:59 PM »

So...

There was one baking sheet that the roomie used last week, a week ago today, in fact, as she was cooking her dinner for her and her boyfriend/lover/???.  He washed it after dinner - and didn't really do a good job of doing so - it's still slicked in olive oil.  We've all just left it on the drainboard by the sink the past week just waiting to see when she will put it away - or at least attempt to put it away.  Well...  It's still there - along with the pot lids too.  And, of course, the Fresh Direct boxes which should have been put in the recycling pile three weeks ago are still here too.

The "funny" thing is, is that the rest of us do want to ask her to put her dishes away, however, we're all at the point where if we do ask her, there will undoubtedly be a bit of "tone" in that request.  So...  We all just decided to play the waiting game.  I suspect she'll be preparing dinner in a little bit, so... We'll see what happens.  If anything.

Throw the bitch out on her ass!

Besides, DR Cason may need a place to stay if he doesn't go back to LA.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #258 on: August 19, 2007, 04:28:49 PM »

And I think I shall head out for another little walk myself to forage for some dinner.  Right now, I'm thinking "Tacos Express" - it's Sunday, so they have pozole and chicken tinga.  However, even Golden Dragon Chinese Take Out still has it's appeal.  As do the abuelas selling their Mexican tamales.  We shall see.

Laters...
« Last Edit: August 19, 2007, 04:29:46 PM by JoseSPiano »
Make Your Own Luck.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #259 on: August 19, 2007, 04:53:29 PM »

I hope you meant "me & Keith."   ;)

Thanks to you, and DR Cillaliz, and DR JoseSPiano, for all the great photos!

LOL-I didn't know the placement order, hadn't even seen the photo, when I posted.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #260 on: August 19, 2007, 04:54:32 PM »

And I think I shall head out for another little walk myself to forage for some dinner.  Right now, I'm thinking "Tacos Express" - it's Sunday, so they have pozole and chicken tinga.  However, even Golden Dragon Chinese Take Out still has it's appeal.  As do the abuelas selling their Mexican tamales.  We shall see.

Laters...

Look out for those marauding tribes from Chelsea!
[/size]

Jane

« Reply #261 on: August 19, 2007, 04:55:45 PM »

Thanks for the pic Jane. Was the photograph taken by Sherlock or one of the Kauffman boys.

Sherlock of course, the boy can do anything.  At the moment he is even helping me type.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #262 on: August 19, 2007, 04:57:27 PM »

Are we STILL on page nine?  I'm watching a movie I TIVOd about two years ago.   Quite a good film.

Jane

« Reply #263 on: August 19, 2007, 05:01:00 PM »

Thanks Dakota.  I would have mentioned it sooner but decided to wait until I didn't have Sherlock's assistance while typing. ;D

singdaw

« Reply #264 on: August 19, 2007, 05:12:24 PM »

Hello, DR MusicGuy.  I've been waiting to catch you "live" online since you moved.

THANK YOU ever so much for the wonderful mail delivery, which I have been really enjoying.  Hope you got something back in the mail from me - I know you've been away.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #265 on: August 19, 2007, 05:13:37 PM »

A bit blurry, JMK,, Betsy. Keith & me.

Jane, you get prettier every time I see you!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Jane

« Reply #266 on: August 19, 2007, 05:14:56 PM »

TCB you made my day. :D Not wonder I didn't mind the blurry photos.  ;D

Jane

« Reply #267 on: August 19, 2007, 05:15:48 PM »

I emailed Dan, so far the mail hasn't been returned.

MusicGuy

• ...at an audition to accompany Guy Haines...
« Reply #268 on: August 19, 2007, 05:16:55 PM »

Hello, DR MusicGuy.  I've been waiting to catch you "live" online since you moved.

THANK YOU ever so much for the wonderful mail delivery, which I have been really enjoying.  Hope you got something back in the mail from me - I know you've been away.

Hello dear SlingBling.....It's good to see your smiling punim here also!!  I'm amazed that the "errant package" finally showed up at your place.  I can't even guess how long it took to go from Phoenix to NY.

And yes, your very thoughtful note and gift arrived, and were sent off to the Hopeful Heart office about a week ago.  I really thank you for your kindness.  Our dear DR Edi was also very kind to H.H., and it too was very appreciated.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #269 on: August 19, 2007, 05:18:03 PM »

Will we never get to page ten?
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 16   Go Up