Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 15   Go Down

Author Topic: THE MUTANT DISHWASHER  (Read 31676 times)

singdaw

Re:THE MUTANT DISHWASHER
« Reply #210 on: April 14, 2008, 09:14:45 AM »

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #211 on: April 14, 2008, 09:15:01 AM »

One old LA restaurant which I miss is the little crepe restaurant that was on Pico Blvd (south side), just west of Lincoln. Run by a French woman, who made all the crepes in view of the customers. Cannot recall the name. Great little place! Very affordable, but sadly, gone.

singdaw

« Reply #212 on: April 14, 2008, 09:15:19 AM »

;D

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #213 on: April 14, 2008, 09:17:18 AM »

singdaw, are you pulling my leg?

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #214 on: April 14, 2008, 09:20:02 AM »

DR ARNOLD BROCKMAN:
Alas, I, too, am ipodless. However, if I did ipod, my play list would be much like yours, a mix of classical and Broadway, with a bit of jazz thrown in.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #215 on: April 14, 2008, 09:21:17 AM »

Ah, sing's CHIPS photo finally came up. It was blank longer than usual.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #216 on: April 14, 2008, 09:22:26 AM »

Have I not been here at HHW long enough to immediately associate Sing's CHIPS photo with the word "Chips"??

singdaw

« Reply #217 on: April 14, 2008, 09:22:51 AM »

I have that effect on people.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #218 on: April 14, 2008, 09:23:07 AM »

Well, given the source....

;)
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #219 on: April 14, 2008, 09:23:56 AM »

Miniature Schnauzers.

Scary little beasties.  And stubborn!!!
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

singdaw

« Reply #220 on: April 14, 2008, 09:23:59 AM »

Yes, I forgot to mention how much I enjoyed perusing DR ArnoldMBrockman's iPod list.  :)

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #221 on: April 14, 2008, 09:24:10 AM »

That was nearly a "bread and butter" moment...
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Jennifer

« Reply #222 on: April 14, 2008, 09:29:51 AM »

RE: BIG BROTHER (just a general comment) not re: last night's show or a spoiler.

Does it bug anyone else that they are so far behind? For example last night they showed what happened on wednesday only. But there are 4 more days of stuff that have happened.

I hate that they are stuck to their formula where they have to show who is nominated on sunday's show (even though they have already done pov in real time).

I get that there are no CBS shows between wed and sun. But to me they should have to show everything that has happened until that date. So on sundays show they should show thurs, fri and sat!

End of rant!

Jennifer

« Reply #223 on: April 14, 2008, 09:30:31 AM »

I am still on page 1. But i will assume that nobody has done my favorite soap actress on Y&R, Michelle Stafford (phyllis).

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #224 on: April 14, 2008, 09:30:36 AM »

Michael "Mike" Seaver -- "Growing Pains" character played by Kirk Cameron.

Jennifer

« Reply #225 on: April 14, 2008, 09:31:53 AM »

I loved loved loved last night's ELI STONE. I will miss this show after its finale this thursday.

I have not caught up on others posts. But i wasn't as thrilled was DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES. I found the bed scene completely predictable!
I guess i was expecting more.

Tonight I have DANCING WITH THE STARS. BUt i am most looking forward to MEDIUM!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #226 on: April 14, 2008, 09:35:09 AM »

RE: BIG BROTHER (just a general comment) not re: last night's show or a spoiler.

Does it bug anyone else that they are so far behind? For example last night they showed what happened on wednesday only. But there are 4 more days of stuff that have happened.

No...because I am unaware they are so far behind.  I only watch once or twice a week.  Real-time goings-on aren't an issue for me...this season, anyway.  

« Last Edit: April 14, 2008, 09:39:55 AM by Ron Pulliam »

FJL

« Reply #227 on: April 14, 2008, 09:42:55 AM »

Mrs. Santaclaus

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #228 on: April 14, 2008, 09:54:35 AM »

:)

I just received this "snippet" from a friend which was good for a very hearty morning laugh (imho).  ;)

A very loud, unattractive, mean-acting woman walked into Wal-Mart with her two kids, yelling obscenities at them all the way through the entrance.  The Wal-Mart Greeter said pleasantly, "Good morning, and welcome to Wal-Mart.  Nice children you have there. Are they twins?"  The woman stopped yelling long enough to say, "Hell no they ain't"  The oldest one's 9 and the other one's 7.  Why the hell would you think they're twins?  Are you blind, or just stupid?" "I'm neither blind nor stupid, Ma'am," replied the greeter.  "I just couldn't believe someone would sleep with you twice.  Have  a good day and thank  you for shopping at Wal-Mart."

Good Morning!

ROTFLMAO!!! ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

MBarnum

« Reply #229 on: April 14, 2008, 09:55:34 AM »

MaryAnn Summers (as played by Dawn Wells on GILLIGAN'S ISLAND)

George

« Reply #230 on: April 14, 2008, 10:08:15 AM »

DR George,

On my DVD burner, there is next to no difference in XP and SP quality (I find them virtually identical), and you do get one hour more recording time, so I always record on SP.

I was wondering about that.  My coworker Ruth (who has this model) said that, too, but I needed something to compare.  Now, I'll rerecord something onto the DVD burner again in SP mode and compare for myself. :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

singdaw

« Reply #231 on: April 14, 2008, 10:10:07 AM »

George - Would you mind sharing the make/model of your DVD burner?

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #232 on: April 14, 2008, 10:10:32 AM »

Mickey Smith, companion to the Doctor, played by Noel Clarke.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

MBarnum

« Reply #233 on: April 14, 2008, 10:15:29 AM »

Mr. Sardonicus

George

« Reply #234 on: April 14, 2008, 10:15:57 AM »

Sometime Sondheim orchestrator, Michael Starobin.

George

« Reply #235 on: April 14, 2008, 10:19:26 AM »

Goold morning, all! The back is still out.  Once again, I awoke in the middle of the night in great pain. Since this is now two days old, I don't believe the problem is the mattress; I think I did something foolish like bending wrong or sitting in the wrong position.  The last time this happened was in 2004 and had to do with moving a television as I recall. Unfortunately, the 2004 problem was acerbated at the same time with the walking problem, the perianal abscess, and 18 feet of bookcases collapsing. That megillah took over 9 months to clear up so please keep them vibes on the burner!

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]~~~Extra Strong Back Vibes for DR Elmore!!~~~[/move]

George

« Reply #236 on: April 14, 2008, 10:22:06 AM »

George - Would you mind sharing the make/model of your DVD burner?

No, I would not.  It's a Panasonic DMR-EH50.  The significant part of it is that it has a hard drive.  There are a lot of DVD burners out there without hard drives, so you can only just record directly to DVDs without the ability to edit.  And from what Ruth said, they're not making the hard drive burners anymore. :-\ I think that they expect that everyone will now do all their editing on their super-dooper computers.  Maybe someday I'll get a new super-dooper computer, but I don't have one now.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #237 on: April 14, 2008, 10:24:15 AM »

Mickey Spillane
« Last Edit: April 14, 2008, 11:36:50 AM by S. Woody White »

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #238 on: April 14, 2008, 10:25:44 AM »

Mickey Spillane

DR Miss Karen beat you to that one!

Ben

« Reply #239 on: April 14, 2008, 10:27:30 AM »

Mrs. Spillane (Yes, he was married)
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 15   Go Up