Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 15   Go Down

Author Topic: THE MUTANT DISHWASHER  (Read 31677 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:THE MUTANT DISHWASHER
« Reply #330 on: April 14, 2008, 02:43:35 PM »

Shortly I shall be leaving to have a meal, then attend a rehearsal.

Tomovoz

« Reply #331 on: April 14, 2008, 02:47:48 PM »

and I shall be attending breakfast!
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #332 on: April 14, 2008, 02:50:08 PM »

Did I miss

Marian Seldes
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #333 on: April 14, 2008, 02:56:59 PM »

Sargent and Seldes are both already covered
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Tomovoz

« Reply #334 on: April 14, 2008, 02:57:24 PM »

Meryle Secrest (Biographer)
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #335 on: April 14, 2008, 02:59:09 PM »

Thank you.  I'm still catching up - too quickly!
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #336 on: April 14, 2008, 03:05:17 PM »

Yes DR SensitiveSoul - "Marley & Me" was  a sad read.  My neigbours have just read it. They "lost" their two dogs last year too.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2008, 03:10:49 PM by Tomovoz »
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #337 on: April 14, 2008, 03:06:15 PM »

Mike Sarne. (I still think of him as a pop singer)
James Thurber 1957

Ginny

« Reply #338 on: April 14, 2008, 03:10:43 PM »

It means I think it's a lousy and inconvenient-for-getting-about part of town. Do the math.

Well, I'm still waiting for availability info on the place at 53rd & Broadway, which would be our preference for just that reason.

Film at 11 (just don't know which day...)
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #339 on: April 14, 2008, 03:18:51 PM »

SPOILER: "A Room With A View", PBS' "Masterpiece":

ChokeblokeChoctaw/ StockJawXXX.  dkdjfjfk;lkjl;kj  shanghaw.d.dljdkjldjlklkj l;kj l;kj fljkarjklajk;lkjdflk j  I watched last night's BBC production of "A Room With A View" and, for the most part, enjoyed it a lot, although it could have done with some of the film's production values, especially in the "music" department.

The characterizations were pretty much spot-on, although I was annoyed by the harpiness of Mrs. Honeychurch when Lucy announced her intention to go with the Misses Allens to Greece and Constantinople.  It seemed wholly out of character with the woman we previously saw in the story, but if it's true to Forster, then it must be what he wanted.

The ending wasn't at all something I admired about it.  It is quite true that nearly a whole generation of men was lost during WWI, and Britain paid dearly for her involvement.  It's quite possible that George Emerson might have been a casualty.  But Forster didn't write it that way, and I'm not at all happy with the premise that Lucy would hook up with the driver of la carrozza some 10 years after her visit to Florence and, obviously, after George's death.  It turned a rather interesting presentation of the novel into a rather unpleasant experience since "imagination" is what I appreciate in the "happily-ever-after" tales...not someone's desire to "fix" a destiny for the main characters, only to intimate something else (i.e. Lucy's romantic leanings toward an Italian peasant).

I may watch it again, because some of the cast were just marvelous...but I hated the ending so much, I doubt I'll ever retain a copy of this version in my library. Xlkdkjjf dThaj;lkj;lsij  e eikdkdj kj;lkajpoygfjhflkjl;kjd fjfjfkdj kjdflkjdf  slopjar stopgap stroppaw schnappesjowl.

End SPOILER

« Last Edit: April 14, 2008, 03:43:45 PM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #340 on: April 14, 2008, 03:19:45 PM »

OK, then here's one I know no one has mentioned

Moacir Santos

brilliant Brasilian composer.  BK would love his music.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #341 on: April 14, 2008, 03:27:42 PM »

Well, I'm still waiting for availability info on the place at 53rd & Broadway, which would be our preference for just that reason.

Film at 11 (just don't know which day...)

Because there's only one subway on theEast side, it's always always congested and if it's delayed, your only options are taxi or bus. It's really not my idea of a pleasant part of town to live unless you're rich and don't mind sitting in taxis going nowhere because of the congestion.  I lived on 80th and First Avenue thefirst summer I was in Manhattan.  Never again.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #342 on: April 14, 2008, 03:43:05 PM »

Mauritz Stiller
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #343 on: April 14, 2008, 03:45:29 PM »

Sarah Michelle Gellar is 31 years old today!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #344 on: April 14, 2008, 03:52:14 PM »

Sarah Michelle Gellar is 31 years old today!

And Loretta Lynn is 73 today! :D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #345 on: April 14, 2008, 03:53:00 PM »

If John Gielgud were still alive, he'd be 104 years old today! ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Ginny

« Reply #346 on: April 14, 2008, 03:54:44 PM »

We've just finished dinner - pork chops, green beans, mac & cheese - prepared by MOI (a rare occurrence).  Now, I'm off to a meeting at the public library (not my workplace).

Bye for now!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

MBarnum

« Reply #347 on: April 14, 2008, 03:56:08 PM »

Soap opera actor Michael Swan

Jennifer

« Reply #348 on: April 14, 2008, 04:10:54 PM »

I just found out that ONE TREE HILL is a new episode tonight. So i will record that too.

Btw, I watched the first episode of PSYCH on NBC (still have the second one). And i quite liked it.

Btw, i have 2 questions that are TV RELATED that maybe somebody will know the answer to? (DR MATTH or RONP?).

The first is does anyone know when HOUSE is returning (and what day and time)? My dad is going on vacation and he loves this show.

The second, is, has SMALLVILLE been repeats the past 2 weeks? We get it here on sundays. And it is usually the same episodes you guys get the week before. But i had 2 weeks of repeats.

THANKS.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #349 on: April 14, 2008, 04:22:23 PM »

DR Laura- CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR NEW MINISTER!!!  You are definitely due for a good one, glad you found him.

Edi, lovely photos from your yard.

Jose, Bruce must have missed where you mentioned Lawry’s at the bottom of the list.  I’m sure I’ve mentioned it before.  It was one of my parent’s favorite restaurants and we often celebrated my father’s birthday there, including his 90th which was also his last birthday.

Jane

« Reply #350 on: April 14, 2008, 04:27:23 PM »

Quote from: FJL on Yesterday at 03:38:15pm

TCB - The 3:00 show was over about 5:25 or so, and they're taking a 6:20 train back into the City.

From Cilla:
LOL, this sounds like Jane when Bryan is traveling  

;D I didn't see the resemblance until you mentioned it.

Jane

« Reply #351 on: April 14, 2008, 04:28:37 PM »

The perfume, that is...

My Sin....one of our best time cats, that is :)

Jane

« Reply #352 on: April 14, 2008, 04:34:04 PM »

TV Reminders:

BONES returns!

YES!!  I double checked this morning to be sure it would record-good think cuz it wasn't set on our new DirecTV channel.

Matt H, I had BONES on my calendar but it is a great comfort knowing you are there to remind me of upcoming shows I might miss.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2008, 04:35:39 PM by Jane »

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #353 on: April 14, 2008, 04:34:35 PM »

SPOILER: "A Room With A View", PBS' "Masterpiece":

ChokeblokeChoctaw/ StockJawXXX.  dkdjfjfk;lkjl;kj  shanghaw.d.dljdkjldjlklkj l;kj l;kj fljkarjklajk;lkjdflk j  I watched last night's BBC production of "A Room With A View" and, for the most part, enjoyed it a lot, although it could have done with some of the film's production values, especially in the "music" department.

The characterizations were pretty much spot-on, although I was annoyed by the harpiness of Mrs. Honeychurch when Lucy announced her intention to go with the Misses Allens to Greece and Constantinople.  It seemed wholly out of character with the woman we previously saw in the story, but if it's true to Forster, then it must be what he wanted.

The ending wasn't at all something I admired about it.  It is quite true that nearly a whole generation of men was lost during WWI, and Britain paid dearly for her involvement.  It's quite possible that George Emerson might have been a casualty.  But Forster didn't write it that way, and I'm not at all happy with the premise that Lucy would hook up with the driver of la carrozza some 10 years after her visit to Florence and, obviously, after George's death.  It turned a rather interesting presentation of the novel into a rather unpleasant experience since "imagination" is what I appreciate in the "happily-ever-after" tales...not someone's desire to "fix" a destiny for the main characters, only to intimate something else (i.e. Lucy's romantic leanings toward an Italian peasant).

I may watch it again, because some of the cast were just marvelous...but I hated the ending so much, I doubt I'll ever retain a copy of this version in my library. Xlkdkjjf dThaj;lkj;lsij  e eikdkdj kj;lkajpoygfjhflkjl;kjd fjfjfkdj kjdflkjdf  slopjar stopgap stroppaw schnappesjowl.

End SPOILER

This hasn't shown in Manhattan yet but i'm looking forward to it.  I liked the book enormously, and this version will have a long way to go to be as wonderful as the Merchant-Ivory film.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Cillaliz

« Reply #354 on: April 14, 2008, 04:36:10 PM »

RE: BIG BROTHER (just a general comment) not re: last night's show or a spoiler.

Does it bug anyone else that they are so far behind? For example last night they showed what happened on wednesday only. But there are 4 more days of stuff that have happened.

I hate that they are stuck to their formula where they have to show who is nominated on sunday's show (even though they have already done pov in real time).

I get that there are no CBS shows between wed and sun. But to me they should have to show everything that has happened until that date. So on sundays show they should show thurs, fri and sat!

End of rant!

It only bothers you because you watch the live feeds and know what has been happening.   The season I watched the live feeds it bothered me too.

Jane

« Reply #355 on: April 14, 2008, 04:36:10 PM »

DR elmore, I'm sorry your back is still bothering-SPEEDY RECOVERY VIBES!

Jane

« Reply #356 on: April 14, 2008, 04:37:53 PM »

I still have pages to go before I catch up, hope no one mentioned this yet...

Mary See of See's Candy.

Cillaliz

« Reply #357 on: April 14, 2008, 04:43:30 PM »

BK - Does your dishwasher have a short cycle?  Sometimes it's called light wash or something.  I rinse my dishes first so I always use the short cycle. It's usually 40 minutes or so and dishes come out sparkly clean

Jane

« Reply #358 on: April 14, 2008, 04:44:07 PM »

Singingnyph-I’m pleased you had such a good time visiting your family & friends.  I tried reading STIFF and didn’t get very far.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOLLY, DS OF DR JRAND!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #359 on: April 14, 2008, 04:50:27 PM »

I just found out that ONE TREE HILL is a new episode tonight. So i will record that too.

Btw, I watched the first episode of PSYCH on NBC (still have the second one). And i quite liked it.

Btw, i have 2 questions that are TV RELATED that maybe somebody will know the answer to? (DR MATTH or RONP?).

The first is does anyone know when HOUSE is returning (and what day and time)? My dad is going on vacation and he loves this show.

The second, is, has SMALLVILLE been repeats the past 2 weeks? We get it here on sundays. And it is usually the same episodes you guys get the week before. But i had 2 weeks of repeats.

THANKS.

"Smallville" has, indeed, been repeats the past couple of weeks.

"House" should, eminently, be airing new episodes ("Bones" is new tonight...perhaps "House" will be on its night).  MattH will KNOW, though.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 15   Go Up