Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13   Go Down

Author Topic: THE THIRD BRAIN  (Read 32010 times)

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
Re:THE THIRD BRAIN
« Reply #240 on: September 26, 2007, 01:52:09 PM »

Just a quick hello...

DBF and I were roaming a DVD sale near the bookstore on campus. Many of the titles did not interest me until I looked in the next bin.. Below two movies with Pauly Shore in I noted a boxed set. I pulled the set out and to my surprise it was Upstairs, Downstairs. Here is the real kicker, it was selling for 4.99. Yes, 4.99!  Of course I bought them and I am now looking forward to viewing it.  I have seen parts of it here and there. Someday I would like to get Brideshead Revisited and Jewel in the Crown.

That's not a good buy....it's a STEAL!  Incredible price!  Congratulations on your good luck!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #241 on: September 26, 2007, 01:54:43 PM »

[shadow=color,glow width,#characters wide][size=8]
Page 9
[/color][/size][/font][/shadow]
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #242 on: September 26, 2007, 01:57:38 PM »

My boss is going to be gone the entire month of October while touring Argentina and Chile.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #243 on: September 26, 2007, 01:59:35 PM »

My Christmas vacation will be December 10 through January 1.  I will make my annual trek to South Carolina at that time.

November has its fair share of holidays with one three-day weekend (Veterans Day weekend) and Thanksgiving's four-day weekend.

I have a number of days of "paid leave" and "floating holidays" I must use judiciously between now and then...making myself five or six three-day weekends out of regular ones over the next six weeks.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #244 on: September 26, 2007, 01:59:58 PM »

Vacation management is so complex.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #245 on: September 26, 2007, 02:01:42 PM »

And, of course, there's a bit to look forward to that is coming out on DVD in December:

First, "With A Song in My Heart" one of my all-time favorite movies with my all-time favorite dramatic actress of the 1950s.

Next are the Disney tins.   And just when will "Texas John Slaughter" and "Tenderfoot" be among the treasures Disney releases???

And then there's all the Harry Potter films on HD-DVD.  YIKES!

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #246 on: September 26, 2007, 02:04:59 PM »

And, of course, there's a bit to look forward to that is coming out on DVD in December:

First, "With A Song in My Heart" one of my all-time favorite movies with my all-time favorite dramatic actress of the 1950s.

Next are the Disney tins.   And just when will "Texas John Slaughter" and "Tenderfoot" be among the treasures Disney releases???

And then there's all the Harry Potter films on HD-DVD.  YIKES!

I am looking forward to these freleases as well.

I just saw the picture of the HARRY POTTER gift edition set with all 5 POTTER films in either HD-DVD or Blu-ray. Expensive, but it's a very elaborate set and with features that won't be on the standard def releases.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #247 on: September 26, 2007, 02:08:18 PM »

Now, I'm going to head back down and begin catching up with last night's TV, specifically BOSTON LEGAL and SVU.

Matt H.

« Reply #248 on: September 26, 2007, 02:10:47 PM »

Oh, last night's ratings:

DANCING WITH THE STARS won the largest audience (but with three million fewer viewers who watched the ladies the night before).

HOUSE won the 18-49 rating and scored on a couple hundred thousand fewer viewers than DANCING.

REAPER scored GILMORE GIRLS type numbers, about 500K more than VERONICA MARS did last year.

SVU won the 10 p,m. hour (and finished second for the night in 18-49). CANE finished second and BOSTON LEGAL third despite the huge lead-in BOSTON LEGAL had from DANCING.

Matt H.

« Reply #249 on: September 26, 2007, 02:11:40 PM »

Off to return to viewing.

WBBL.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #250 on: September 26, 2007, 02:25:22 PM »

DR singdaw - I'll probably be second-acting the show since I'll be in rehearsal until 5:00 down around Macy's.  So, I may see you in the lobby....
You've read it here first, folks - DR Jose admits that he is the real second act trouble!
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #251 on: September 26, 2007, 02:27:44 PM »

Der B and I have returned.  He looks wonderfully natty and cool with his crisply trimmed hair and beard.  I look... well, I look like I've got shorter hair.  But it's an improvement over how I looked earlier.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #252 on: September 26, 2007, 02:38:56 PM »

Wow!  Fifty years ago for WEST SIDE STORY?  

And speaking of Sondheim...click HERE to see where I'll be on March 11, 2008!!!!!!!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #253 on: September 26, 2007, 02:41:01 PM »

And here's a sneak peak at a review that will appear on Broadwayworld.com at some point today....<SNIP>  

That is a great review!  Sounds like this guy gets it. :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Tomovoz

« Reply #254 on: September 26, 2007, 02:46:05 PM »

Thanks DRs for the Vibes for Peter. He has 3 problems and it is very difficult to get the medications to deal with each without effecting the others adversley.  His liver function is the major problem at the moment so all other medications have ceased. At least his attitude to the fight is good - this time last year it was a major concern. I was not sure I would see him when I returned from the USA HHW tour.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #255 on: September 26, 2007, 02:46:46 PM »

Now for the catching of up.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #256 on: September 26, 2007, 02:52:41 PM »

What Disney Tins are next up?
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #257 on: September 26, 2007, 02:53:22 PM »

Quote from: Edisaurus on Today at 09:51:11am
Of course, the most enthusiastic audience will be the closing night, full of HHWers!

The place'll be crawling with them, I'm telling you...
Well, I don't know about you, but I find crawling between the seats undignified.  Not to mention sticky, if soda has been spilled.  I plan to be standing or walking whenever I'm not seated.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #258 on: September 26, 2007, 02:59:47 PM »

Oh never mind.....Amazon has the answer.....Oswald, Donald, and Disneyland Magic....hmmmmmm
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

George

« Reply #259 on: September 26, 2007, 03:02:15 PM »

~~~Continued Vibes for DR Tomovoz's DF Peter!!~~~

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #260 on: September 26, 2007, 03:04:59 PM »

This morning I went for a walk, and this is what I saw:

The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

MBarnum

« Reply #261 on: September 26, 2007, 03:05:29 PM »

....and still no ANNETTE, I see  >:(

MBarnum

« Reply #262 on: September 26, 2007, 03:12:08 PM »

Do any DRs remember the the old TV series WHIRLYBIRDS? I recently purchased as set of many episodes on DVDr...this show is really fun! Stars Craig Hill (Ray Stricklyn's ex) and Kenneth Tobey...suprisingly good plots and the two leads are very good in their roles.

td

• td
« Reply #263 on: September 26, 2007, 03:26:30 PM »

DR td I have only recently read about Wainwright's salute to Judy, but I don't know what it's all about.

Does he sing her songs, show her movies, wear her clothes?  Or a combination of the three?  Any reviews?

Rufus has faithfully recreated Judy's concerts at Carnegie Hall (and if I'm not mistaken other venues) with complete orchestra and arrangements.  Only when he performs "Get Happy" does he do any sort of drag, and you guessed it, it's Judy's busy "Mr. Monotony" tux.
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

td

• td
« Reply #264 on: September 26, 2007, 03:30:00 PM »

When you were walking, DearReaderLaura, were the fish flying or were you swimming by?   ;)
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

George

« Reply #265 on: September 26, 2007, 03:31:23 PM »

Well, pretty much everything is better with butter.  :)

But I thought that everything's better with Blue Bonnet on it!

;D

George

« Reply #266 on: September 26, 2007, 03:33:16 PM »

Just a quick hello...

DBF and I were roaming a DVD sale near the bookstore on campus. Many of the titles did not interest me until I looked in the next bin.. Below two movies with Pauly Shore in I noted a boxed set. I pulled the set out and to my surprise it was Upstairs, Downstairs. Here is the real kicker, it was selling for 4.99. Yes, 4.99!  Of course I bought them and I am now looking forward to viewing it.  I have seen parts of it here and there. Someday I would like to get Brideshead Revisited and Jewel in the Crown.

Was it the ENTIRE "Upstairs, Downstairs" series??  For only $4.99??  Can you go back and get me one?? :D   Or was it just a particular season?

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #267 on: September 26, 2007, 03:52:01 PM »

Jose thanks for the lemon meringue report.  I suspect I would have agreed with Alet.

Matt H, please remember to add a semi-spoiler to your new show posts.  Now when I watch HOUSE I’m going to be anticipating the ending, not going with the flow of the show.

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #268 on: September 26, 2007, 04:00:57 PM »

Hey all, trying to catch up, at least today.  Yesterday was quite interesting --

A few weeks ago, I was experiencing some ear blockage in the morning after waking up. It would go away a few hours into the day and I didn't think it was any more than just alergies.

Last Saturday, I woke up and the blockage didn't go away at all. I tried sinus med's, chewing taffy, and nothing worked. Worst of all, I wasn't able to hear well out of my right ear. On Sunday, it got worse. It sounded like I was underwater when I talked and I couldn't hear the piano I was playing well and when I sang, I couldn't hear anything but me. Not good when you're leading song. On Sunday night, I tried some ear drops that were suppose to flush out wax, but that didn't really help, either. Last night, I had callbacks for "A Christmas Carol" and it was one of the hardest things I ever had to do. Not only did I have to talk quietly, I had to play the piano and listen to singers. Frustration is just the tip of the iceburg.

I finally calld the Dr. yesterday and made an appointment for today. Sure enough, he saw a great ball of wax in my right ear (not to mention some sinus issues in general) and scheduled an ear cleaning for me. So, I had the cleaning done, and low and behold, there was actually something in my ear!!! It looked like a black pencil eraser. I have a feeling it's been there for a LONG time. I only say that because my ear is now cleaned out, I can hear really well - in fact better than I could before, and my ear feels different. That part is hard to explain, but you'll have to take my word for it. Hopefully, this will solve all my ear issues for now. It is great to be able to hear.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #269 on: September 26, 2007, 04:03:28 PM »

Bruce, GREAT review!   :D
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13   Go Up