Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: THE HANDS OF TIME  (Read 19225 times)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
Re: THE HANDS OF TIME
« Reply #90 on: November 03, 2008, 12:35:43 PM »

!!!!!!Wednesday, Nov. 12, 2008, 10:00 am !!!!!!

The property closing happens.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #91 on: November 03, 2008, 12:41:54 PM »

CONGRATULATIONS!  VIBES ALL GOES WELL!!!

Ginny

« Reply #92 on: November 03, 2008, 12:42:25 PM »

Hoo and Ray!!!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #93 on: November 03, 2008, 12:44:08 PM »

Those HHW vibes sure do work!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Cillaliz

« Reply #94 on: November 03, 2008, 12:54:01 PM »

The Arizona Republic had Debate Bingo....here's Election Night Bingo from the Sioux City Journal

http://www.siouxcityjournal.com/electionbingo/

Jane

« Reply #95 on: November 03, 2008, 12:59:49 PM »

This morning we made an appointment for Sherlock to be looked at again.  We have been keeping a close eye on him but while we were getting dressed he rubbed a few scabs off of his nose.  We figured we would have to get him one of those horrid e-collars, the big plastic cones.

Good news, we didn’t.  In fact the doctor cleaned him up and gently removed much of the scabbing.  She also wanted to see what was going on under there & took a sample to run a bacterial culture.  Once a day we are to gently clean off the antibiotic/steroid powder & dab on a mix of vitamin E oil & the powder.  The E is to promote healing & prevent scars.  Later we will be switching to a mixture with honey-interesting.

For now we are continuing with the Prednisone twice a day, eventually reduced to once a day, & then reduced again & again until he is slowly off of it.

As curious as we are to know what the cause of this is, we will not be doing a biopsy which is the only possible way to know.

Jane

« Reply #96 on: November 03, 2008, 01:01:15 PM »

The Arizona Republic had Debate Bingo....here's Election Night Bingo from the Sioux City Journal

Sounds like fun, if you are going to watch the elections.

Cillaliz

« Reply #97 on: November 03, 2008, 01:04:52 PM »

Sounds like fun, if you are going to watch the elections.

I'm just hoping that it won't preempt Dancing With the Stars, but I fear it might. I mean really what's more important ;)

Cillaliz

« Reply #98 on: November 03, 2008, 01:05:45 PM »

Sounds like you have a good vet for Sherlock. I would think that removing the scabby stuff would relieve some of the itching

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #99 on: November 03, 2008, 01:07:34 PM »

Lunch ran long and so did some telephone calls that happened after I got back in. Thus, I was not able to watch SABRINA this afternoon since it's 112 minutes and I wanted to see the entire thing again in one sitting.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #100 on: November 03, 2008, 01:09:42 PM »

Instead, I finished the last 38 minutes of last night's BROTHERS & SISTERS. Too much squabbling, but the storyline with Sarah seems promising. I suspect she's going to begin an affair with the hunky blonde guy as well before much longer.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #101 on: November 03, 2008, 01:10:47 PM »

I've always thought that Election Night is better served with a drinking game.

;)
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Cillaliz

« Reply #102 on: November 03, 2008, 01:10:53 PM »

Oh, I just checked, results show will be Wednesday night...that thought was just too good to be true.  ;)

Cillaliz

« Reply #103 on: November 03, 2008, 01:11:54 PM »

;)

Who says you can't do both? The possibilities are endless

Matt H.

« Reply #104 on: November 03, 2008, 01:12:04 PM »

I then began watching the SABRINA documentaries. Since I've seen the movie so many times, there was nothing to spoil for me, so I watched them. They were longer than the featurettes for either SUNSET BOULEVARD or ROMAN HOLIDAY (though not as many of them). There's one on Audrey as a fashion icon, one about the character actors in SABRINA (enjoyable), one on Holden's years at Paramount, and an interesting one on the Gold Coast of Long Island and the fabulous mansions that were once a part of the scene.

Matt H.

« Reply #105 on: November 03, 2008, 01:13:06 PM »

I have two more documentaries on the SABRINA bonus disc and then I can start the movie and watch it from disc one.

Matt H.

« Reply #106 on: November 03, 2008, 01:13:34 PM »

I did skim through today's AS THE WORLD TURNS. No Luke or Noah, but they were in the previews.

Cillaliz

« Reply #107 on: November 03, 2008, 01:14:01 PM »

I shall be home with the cats Tuesday night.  It's the first election I can remember where I haven't poll watched, worked at the polls or made phone calls and it's the first time I haven't been sick from germs I gathered sharing the phones at headquarters.   Kind of nice, actually.  I will say I'll miss going into the polling booth and pulling the curtain.   Early voting was fine, but it takes something away from the process

Jane

« Reply #108 on: November 03, 2008, 01:29:18 PM »

Sounds like you have a good vet for Sherlock. I would think that removing the scabby stuff would relieve some of the itching

We think she is great, and we were one of her earliest clients.  We even went to her wedding :)

It seems to us Sherlock has been more in pain than itching.  Saturday was the worst day & we don't think he is hurting too much now.

Jane

« Reply #109 on: November 03, 2008, 01:32:38 PM »

Walking to the polls was always nice, I do not enjoy driving to them.  Keith took our ballots and drove up to the ballot box at the library & dropped them in the drive through box.  That was ok too & he was driving right past the library.

I think the chance for error is greatly reduced when you vote in the comfort of your home, especially in Oregon which has so many darn measures.

td

• td
« Reply #110 on: November 03, 2008, 01:36:23 PM »

...Nurse Nightingale."

"Why, my dear Florida Nightingale!" Sherwood exclaimed as he wheeled himself into his office.  "I was just having palpitations thinking about you!"

"Nothing premature, I trust," Nurse Nightingale rose from the visitor's chair, wearing a miniskirt that would have been unseemly on any other eighty-year-old but entrancing on her.

"Oh, no, I've slowed down since my residency."  Sherwood wheeled himself behind his desk, to hide any incriminating stains. 

"I see you had the meatloaf - that splotch of soy-sauce on your pants is a dead giveaway," Florida remarked.  Dang, she was still quick!  "But, enough of these double entendres, Doctor.  You already know your other guest, Pansy Ferrell." 

Doctor Sherwood looked glanced to the corner of the room.  There, indeed, stood Pansy Ferrell, the surviving transexual sister of Tansy Ferrell, (formerly her brother, Buck).  What could Pansy be doing here, he wondered?  "Ah, yes, Miss Ferrell, I'd have spotted those football-shoulderpad shoulders anywhere.  Good to see you again!"

"Good to see you, as well, Doctor, although I wish the circumstances were better," Pansy replied in a voice that would always remind Sherwood of Sam Elliot selling Dodge Trucks or beef or something of that ilk.

"I have something to show you, something you might find to be of great interest."  And, without further adeau, Nurse Florida Nightingale reached into her volumnous purse and withdrew...

...a large fuchsia colored dildo.  But knowing Nurse Florida Nightingale as well as he did, Dr. Sherwood exhibited little in the way of surprise.

"Wipe that ennui off your face, Dr. Strangelove.  This is not your ordinary, run-of-the-mill plaything.  Watch this..."

Nurse Florida Nightingale stood the dildo on its base on a nearby table.  As soon as she did, the rubbery member began to pulsate with life.  It started to bob from side to side.  And then it shimmied.  And soon it was dancing its way about the table top to an unheard rhumba.

"Yessssss, doctor,"  Nurse Florida Nightingale purred, her eyes gleeming with delight.  "It's a dancing dildo!"

Sherwood was suddenly erect (and not in the way you are probably immediately thinking, dear reader!)  His brain was now abuzz with the young lawyer he had just operated on this morning.

He quickly spun his chair about and sped down the hallway to the young lawyer's room.  He burst through the door and to his surprise he found...

An accupuncturist, hovering over the still unconcious young lawyer, his left hand armed with a fistfull of needles.  "Stop!  What are you doing?" Sherwood cried.  "And, while we're at it, who are you?"

"I am this young lawyer's accupunturist, isn't that obvious?  My name is Jimmy Shoe, and I am here to help him communicate while he recovers from the surgery I personally didn't approve.  With my assistance, he will be able to send us messages telepathically."

Nurse Florida Nightingale and Pansy Farrell ran into the room, Nurse Nightingale first because she was wearing sensible flats and would have had more practice running in heels anyways.  "Is that a dancing dildo in your hands?" Jimmy Shoe's eyes widened noticeably.

"Why, yes!" Nurse Florida Nightingale breathed excitedly. 

"Quickly, give it to me!" the accupuncturist requested.

"Well, I usually wait until the second date, or at least the second cocktail, but if you insist..."  The nurse handed the dildo to the accupuncturist, who set it upright on the still unconcious young lawyer's side table.  Almost immediately, the dildo began to dance to an exciting new rhythm.

"I recognize that rhythm!" exclaimed Pansy.  "That's Morse Code!  Give me a moment, I think I can translate.  Yes!  Yes!  I know what it's saying!"

"What?" Dr. Sherwood, Nurse Florida Nightingale and Jimmy Shoe asked in unison.

"You ding-dongs!" Pansy translated.  "If Tansy Farrell just had a heart transplant from her twin sister who was killed in a mysterious hand mixer accident, then how is it possible for the transplanted heart to have been removed without an incision?  The doctor transplanting the heart would have had to make an incision to put in the new heart!"

"This unconcious young lawyer is right!" Sherwood proclaimed. 

The dildo kept dancing.  "Now what is he saying?

"Enough... with... the... needles... all ready... can't... a... guy... get... some... rest... around... here?"  Pansy finished translating just as the dildo's batteries gave out.

"Doctor, are you thinking what I'm thinking?"  Nurse Florida Nightingale asked Doctor Sherwood.

"Well, if you're thinking that someone has been playing around with the intercom system, and sending false messages, and that Tansy Ferrell is indeed not yet dead, then yes, we are thinking roughly along the same lines," Sherwood replied.  "Which means that we must find whoever it is that is playing with the intercom system, and find Tansy Ferrell, before it is too late!"

"Too late for what, Doctor?" Pansy asked.  "And, if I might also ask, why exactly were you scheduled to operate on my sister?  She's already had the transplant, why would she need another operation?"

"Well...." Doctor Sherwood realized that he was going to have to spill the beans.

"Yes, Doctor!" chimed in Nurse Florida Nightingale.  "We're waiting!"

"I'm afraid you'll have to keep waiting," said Dr. Sherwood.  "As you know, I have surgery in twelve minutes and I must go."

Dr. Sherwood wheeled himself out of the room, chuckling to himself as he did so. 

"Now what?" asked Pansy.  "This is a fine kettle of fish."

But just then, Adcock Fleming walked into the office.  Adcock was a commanding 6'5" and had a full head of bushy hair.  The room went silent.  That always happened when Adcock Fleming walked into a room.  He looked at everyone and said, "

Walk this way, the oracle will see you now."

Pansy, taking great angry strides, stepped to the rear of the busy-haired gentleman.
"This oracle," she queried, "is this another one of your beer-battered tries to keep us off the scent of mystery surrounding this hospital?"
Adcock abruptly turned around, leaned down into Pansy's startled face and said, "No.  This ancient oracle, on these grounds for what seems to be forever, will enlighten, entrance, and entertain you with the unseen, unheard facets of your pithy lives outside of these blood-drenched walls.  Follow forward and remain silent."
They had reached the sterling silver elevator doors when a strange keening was heard from within,  "Oracle, Oracl-ie, Oracl-A, Oracl-U, Oracle."
The keening continued as the elevators doors slid open, revealing the oracle, clad in
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #111 on: November 03, 2008, 01:38:58 PM »

;)

Who says you can't do both? The possibilities are endless

With the way I'd be playing the drinking game, I don't think I'd be able to see the Bingo card clearly.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Matt H.

« Reply #112 on: November 03, 2008, 01:56:52 PM »

Hopping off-line now to write for a little bit and then will head back down for more viewing.

WBBL.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #113 on: November 03, 2008, 02:42:33 PM »

Good Afternoon!  Good Evening!

It was a decent day of auditions.  No one truly stellar, but there were a couple of people who "fit the bill", or more precisely, "fit the costume".  ;)

*And I'd like to thank all the people who made me laugh today.  Intentionally and unintentionally.  ;D
Make Your Own Luck.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #114 on: November 03, 2008, 02:44:57 PM »

"You ding-dongs!" Pansy translated.  "If Tansy Farrell just had a heart transplant from her twin sister who was killed in a mysterious hand mixer accident, then how is it possible for the transplanted heart to have been removed without an incision?  The doctor transplanting the heart would have had to make an incision to put in the new heart!"

"This unconcious young lawyer is right!" Sherwood proclaimed. 

The dildo kept dancing.  "Now what is he saying?

"Enough... with... the... needles... all ready... can't... a... guy... get... some... rest... around... here?"  Pansy finished translating just as the dildo's batteries gave out.

"Doctor, are you thinking what I'm thinking?"  Nurse Florida Nightingale asked Doctor Sherwood.

"Well, if you're thinking that someone has been playing around with the intercom system, and sending false messages, and that Tansy Ferrell is indeed not yet dead, then yes, we are thinking roughly along the same lines," Sherwood replied.  "Which means that we must find whoever it is that is playing with the intercom system, and find Tansy Ferrell, before it is too late!"

"Too late for what, Doctor?" Pansy asked.  "And, if I might also ask, why exactly were you scheduled to operate on my sister?  She's already had the transplant, why would she need another operation?"

"Well...." Doctor Sherwood realized that he was going to have to spill the beans.

"Yes, Doctor!" chimed in Nurse Florida Nightingale.  "We're waiting!"

"I'm afraid you'll have to keep waiting," said Dr. Sherwood.  "As you know, I have surgery in twelve minutes and I must go."

Dr. Sherwood wheeled himself out of the room, chuckling to himself as he did so. 

"Now what?" asked Pansy.  "This is a fine kettle of fish."

But just then, Adcock Fleming walked into the office.  Adcock was a commanding 6'5" and had a full head of bushy hair.  The room went silent.  That always happened when Adcock Fleming walked into a room.  He looked at everyone and said, "

Walk this way, the oracle will see you now."

Pansy, taking great angry strides, stepped to the rear of the busy-haired gentleman.
"This oracle," she queried, "is this another one of your beer-battered tries to keep us off the scent of mystery surrounding this hospital?"
Adcock abruptly turned around, leaned down into Pansy's startled face and said, "No.  This ancient oracle, on these grounds for what seems to be forever, will enlighten, entrance, and entertain you with the unseen, unheard facets of your pithy lives outside of these blood-drenched walls.  Follow forward and remain silent."
They had reached the sterling silver elevator doors when a strange keening was heard from within,  "Oracle, Oracl-ie, Oracl-A, Oracl-U, Oracle."
The keening continued as the elevators doors slid open, revealing the oracle, clad in

...A blue gingham tutu, a sparkley tiara, and bunny slippers.  "What," the Oracle asked, "You were expecting buck naked?"

"Excuse me!" Pansy stepped back, aghast.  "I always keep my clothes on!"

"I don't think the oracle was referring to your former name, dear," Nurse Florida patted Pansy's arm comfortingly.

"Now," the Oracle said in her most lilting tones, "What were your questions?  No, wait, I already have the answers to the first three: Absolutely not; A splash of Tabasco will do the job; and at Two-Seventeen tonight.  Anything else?"

"As a matter of fact..." Nurse Florida pondered how to ask her question correctly.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #115 on: November 03, 2008, 02:46:39 PM »

DR Jane - Yes, Maria looked quite good after the race.  In fact, I remember when I stood in the finishing area last year, being surprised at how "fresh-faced" most of the runners looked after running 26.2 miles.

*And most of them said that the hardest part of the race was getting out of Central Park after they had crossed the finish line.  All the post-race formalities, as well as finding your way to your proper exit area, consists of a lot of standing-in-lines, and working your way through the other 39,000 runners.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #116 on: November 03, 2008, 02:47:44 PM »

YEAH!!!!!!!!

*So, will you try to find a last-minutes travel deal to get back home to Ohio for Thanksgiving?
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #117 on: November 03, 2008, 02:55:36 PM »

I know it's not "Ask BK/Ask DR" day, but...

How much time do you plan to spend in front of the TV tomorrow?

I work tomorrow morning, but I'll be done at 1:00.  And then I think I'm going to watch a movie.  Or two.

I have some friends who are opening their apartment for an "open party" from 3:00 on...  I just can't imagine being "subjected" to all that election coverage for that many hours.  From 7:00pm on, yes. But from 3:00pm on... No.  -Especially since the most of the polls nationwide won't "close" for the East Coasters until 11:00pm or midnight.

I may actually see a show tomorrow night too.  Apparently, a couple of shows may end up papering tomorrow night if they don't get a last-minute surge in ticket sales.  And regardless of how things turn out, I have a feeling that most of the second acts tomorrow night could be quite interesting.  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #118 on: November 03, 2008, 02:56:36 PM »

DR Jane - Continued GET~WELL~VIBES for DD Sherlock.

-And WORRY~LESS~VIBES for you and Keith.
Make Your Own Luck.

singdaw

« Reply #119 on: November 03, 2008, 02:57:09 PM »

Good new from DR elmore3003 and improving news from DR Jane.    :)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9   Go Up