Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14   Go Down

Author Topic: IN A STATE  (Read 29660 times)

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
Re:IN A STATE
« Reply #360 on: February 20, 2006, 09:22:52 PM »

Good luck with the apartment Ann...

How is your job going??

So far the job has been nothing but traning.  Tomorrow I'm actually going to be able to get into the classrooms...I'm excited.  I really love working with the little ones.  

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #361 on: February 20, 2006, 09:25:18 PM »

Well...

I promised myself I would get to bed before 4:00AM tonight... And since I have a drive back up to NYC tomorrow...  -but I might not head back up until the evening...  In any case...

Goodnight.

have Chippy dreams Jose.... Drive safely to NYC!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #362 on: February 20, 2006, 09:27:12 PM »

DR TCB - I have some nice earplugs I can send you.  ;)

Don't bother, Jose, it's the LIVING ROOM wall we share, not the bedroom.... ;)  ;D  ;D

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #363 on: February 20, 2006, 09:31:32 PM »

So far the job has been nothing but traning.  Tomorrow I'm actually going to be able to get into the classrooms...I'm excited.  I really love working with the little ones.  

I have my fingers crossed for you Ann, Knock 'em dead!!

Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #364 on: February 20, 2006, 09:35:52 PM »

page 13 waltz

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #365 on: February 20, 2006, 09:51:58 PM »

Just caught up to todays posts... I have to backtrack the past two days.
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

vixmom

« Reply #366 on: February 20, 2006, 09:53:05 PM »

Congrats on your new apartment Jed and Ann.  Now you each have your own bedroom  Jed can stop sleeping on the living room couch

;D

« Last Edit: February 20, 2006, 09:53:18 PM by Vixmom »

vixmom

« Reply #367 on: February 20, 2006, 09:54:02 PM »

Congrats on  your sales jump bk!

vixmom

« Reply #368 on: February 20, 2006, 09:57:21 PM »

I went to the Blockbuster today and rented Bride and Prejudice!  

I haven't watched it yet.  

I did watch Elizabethtown which wasn't bad... I am suprised it did so badly in the theatres....maybe if they had thrown in a few explosions or a couple of sex scenes..... :(

vixmom

« Reply #369 on: February 20, 2006, 09:57:55 PM »

Travel Vibes and Health Vibes to Jose

vixmom

« Reply #370 on: February 20, 2006, 09:58:42 PM »

We went to see Nanny McPhee today.  It was really fun!  Woody and derB. I suggest you take the grandlads to see it.

vixmom

« Reply #371 on: February 20, 2006, 09:59:41 PM »

Oh and Mike, it should be a nice day out for you and your neice as well !

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #372 on: February 20, 2006, 10:02:31 PM »

TOD: The first R rated film that I saw was Carnal Knowledge.  I shocked my mother when I told her that I had seen it.  Then again, she shocked easily.  (I was attending college at the time, in Fresno of all places.)

This always reminds me of the "All In the Family" episode when Archie and Edith went to see it, thinking they were going to see something called "Carnival Knowledge!"
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #373 on: February 20, 2006, 10:03:15 PM »

I watched a very strange little movie last night on DVD.  It was called STRAIGHT-JACKET, and, no, sorry MBarnum; there was no Joan Crawford or John Anthony Hayes in this version.

It is a comedy about a 1950s screen idol, like Rock Hudson, who happens to be gay, like Rock Hudson.  So, to save his career, he marries the secretary of the studio head, like Rock Hudson.

It had a very likeable cast with: Matt Letscher, Jason Plotnick, Michael Emerson, and a very wonderful Carrie Preston. It was filmed in a very Fifties-style, with cardboard looking sets, very bright colors, and a very filmed-play style of camera work.  There was some very funny moments in the movie, but boy, when they tried to get serious or deliver the message of the film, the movie kind of fell apart.

I know others. here, have said they had seen it, but I don't remember anybody's opinion.

I think someone may have seen it and mentioned it here.  This is in my Netflix queue.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #374 on: February 20, 2006, 10:12:10 PM »

I've been sort of watching the ice dancing and I just realized that many of them are skating to vocal music.  I thought that they weren't allowed to use vocal music in the Olympics.  When did this change?  

It was quite a while ago, wasn't it?  I am so unobservant.

George

« Reply #375 on: February 20, 2006, 10:12:46 PM »

I've been trying to catch up and I'm only up to Page 9.  Only four more to go. :)

George

« Reply #376 on: February 20, 2006, 10:15:11 PM »

I've been sort of watching the ice dancing....

They're about to show the couple that fell last night and haven't spoken to each other since then.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #377 on: February 20, 2006, 10:16:11 PM »

I went to the Blockbuster today and rented Bride and Prejudice!  

I haven't watched it yet.  

I did watch Elizabethtown which wasn't bad... I am suprised it did so badly in the theatres....maybe if they had thrown in a few explosions or a couple of sex scenes..... :(

I enjoyed Pride and Prejudice both the theatrical release and the telly release from the BBC

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #378 on: February 20, 2006, 10:18:12 PM »

I've been trying to catch up and I'm only up to Page 9.  Only four more to go. :)

You havent gotten to the good page yet!!

vixmom

« Reply #379 on: February 20, 2006, 10:20:34 PM »

This is Bride and prejudice,  a story about and Indian girl and an American boy which Mike Barnum our resident Bollywood expert had recommended

vixmom

« Reply #380 on: February 20, 2006, 10:23:41 PM »

Rodzinski... we had to have been at the same IKEA, there is only one on Long Island.  You were in Hicksville!  I wonder if we were there at the same time!  The Cheescake Factory where you ate is in the next parking lot from the Best Buy where Vixdad bought the computer doohickey  (and that is in Westbury!)

George

« Reply #381 on: February 20, 2006, 10:25:14 PM »

Due to the recent improvement in employment status for both DG Ann and myself, we have found ourselves in the market for a new apartment.  Our current one-bedroom shoebox was just fine and dandy when it was Ann's by herself, and has sufficed for the two of us, but we would be much happier with a little more space.  And by golly, I do believe we've found our new home.

It's a nice two bedroom with a load of storage space, a bigger living room than we currently have, a kitchen that two people can actually stand in at once (as opposed to our current postage stamp), will soon be equipped with free high-speed internet, and has a lovely, large balcony with a very nice view of both the water and mountains.  Our rental application is in, and we have an appointment to sign the lease tomorrow night.  We even get the first month's rent free!

One other interesting thing about this particular place... we'll be sharing a living room wall with some guy who goes by the name of TCB... ;D

CONGRATULATIONS!! and...what a small world. ;)

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #382 on: February 20, 2006, 10:28:56 PM »

This is Bride and prejudice,  a story about and Indian girl and an American boy which Mike Barnum our resident Bollywood expert had recommended

I stand corrected. I am sorry.

George

« Reply #383 on: February 20, 2006, 10:36:03 PM »

They're about to show the couple that fell last night and haven't spoken to each other since then.

Well, to my untrained eye, they just skated a flawless routine.  Very good...and the crowd loved them. :)

George

« Reply #384 on: February 20, 2006, 10:42:44 PM »

I have now caught up.  Just had to share.

vixmom

« Reply #385 on: February 20, 2006, 10:47:14 PM »

I stand corrected. I am sorry.

Don't be sorry, i am such a lousy typist I figured you just assumed it was a typo, with me ut usually is!!  I just mentioned that i found it becasue MBarnum is always mentuioning movies that I can;t find at Blockbuster and I finally found one!

vixmom

« Reply #386 on: February 20, 2006, 10:48:07 PM »

I have now caught up.  Just had to share.

i too have just caught up.  Dang!  I missed Joy yesterdaY!  

vixmom

« Reply #387 on: February 20, 2006, 10:48:40 PM »

I also just realized thatis is nearly 2 Am and I hae ti get up for work in 4 hours so goodnihjht!!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #388 on: February 20, 2006, 10:48:50 PM »

Good!!!

You have now have been enlightened about Ole and Lena!!

bk will be pleased with the posts tonight...

vixmom

« Reply #389 on: February 20, 2006, 10:49:14 PM »

I also seem to be losing my abiltuit yto hit any of the kleys inany semblemse of the correct order... noght!

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14   Go Up