Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: FRIENDS  (Read 38314 times)

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
Re:FRIENDS
« Reply #150 on: June 06, 2006, 04:23:31 PM »

I ordered Deceit also.. I am looking forward to it..
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #151 on: June 06, 2006, 04:24:04 PM »

Page 6 dance!!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #152 on: June 06, 2006, 04:26:21 PM »

We've had over twenty-five orders since around eleven - so, only seventy-five more signed copies available.  Tell your friends and neighbors.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #153 on: June 06, 2006, 04:29:12 PM »

We've had over twenty-five orders since around eleven - so, only seventy-five more signed copies available.  Tell your friends and neighbors.

Are they going to be numbered like some of your books were?
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #154 on: June 06, 2006, 05:00:19 PM »

Amended to thirty-one orders.  Tell your friends and neighbors.  I don't think we'll number them - we'll just be honest.

George

« Reply #155 on: June 06, 2006, 05:08:29 PM »

I hope this works:

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]            !![/move]

;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #156 on: June 06, 2006, 05:24:49 PM »

I went to the appliance store and made a settlement with the salesman. I was nice.

The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #157 on: June 06, 2006, 05:25:56 PM »

On the way home, I got my hair cut very very short.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #158 on: June 06, 2006, 05:47:16 PM »

Good Evening!

Let's see... I went to the bank.  I went to James' office.  We all went to Macy's.  We had lunch.  I bought a coffee grinder - it was on sale.  I bought some movie tickets for later in the week.  I bought some stuff at Whole Foods.  And that's been about it for me today so far.

:)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #159 on: June 06, 2006, 05:47:53 PM »

On the way home, I got my hair cut very very short.

Pictures!  We need pictures!
Make Your Own Luck.

Ginny

« Reply #160 on: June 06, 2006, 05:51:23 PM »

Tuesday evening greetings!  Work was crazy today and I left, as scheduled, at 4pm to have my eyes examined.  My vision is still blurry from the drops, but the good news is that my eyes are healthy, my prescription has not changed, and I'm getting a very cool new pair of prescription sunglasses  8)
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #161 on: June 06, 2006, 06:10:05 PM »

My last two lessons didn't show today.  No calls, email, etc... I hope they are fine.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #162 on: June 06, 2006, 06:25:04 PM »

I went to the appliance store and made a settlement with the salesman. I was nice.

Does this mean you are keeping what was delivered?

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #163 on: June 06, 2006, 06:40:52 PM »

I hope this works:

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]            !![/move]

;D

neat... where did you get those letters?

Cillaliz

« Reply #164 on: June 06, 2006, 06:49:57 PM »

Sometimes Fastrada's advice of "Put down the vinegar, pick up the honey jar, you'll catch many more flies" (PIPPIN reference) works with salesmen too

Cillaliz

« Reply #165 on: June 06, 2006, 06:52:12 PM »

I have to say, I am very anxious to see A PRAIRIE HOME COMPANION, THE MOVIE - or whatever they are calling it. I got the soundtrack and it is very fun.  It will be here on Friday - so that's when I will see it

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #166 on: June 06, 2006, 06:55:36 PM »

The pose of Matt on the cover reminds me of the attached picture...

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #167 on: June 06, 2006, 07:04:34 PM »

Rodzinski here. Sorry for the E&T behavior. The Punk and I were out of town, as noted. In the wilds of Pennsylvania. We stayed at a "resort" where we had been told to request the "new wing." I'm glad we did, because the "new" wing was probably last new in 1980. My pal who went with the old wing ended up in a room that was a real fright. But it was all about hanging out at my friends' house anyway, and I did avail myself of the horseshoes and racquetball at the resort.

George

« Reply #168 on: June 06, 2006, 07:04:57 PM »

The pose of Matt on the cover reminds me of the attached picture...

I think it's the exact same picture.

George

« Reply #169 on: June 06, 2006, 07:08:52 PM »

neat... where did you get those letters?

http://www.glittergraphics.us

You pick a letter style, type in your message and it gives you the html code to add the word or phrase to a website that you're creating.  You can't right-click and download the images, so I looked in the code and copied the actual letter file URLs and was able to link them manually.  Sneaky, ain't I?? ;D

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #170 on: June 06, 2006, 07:09:01 PM »

Then yesterday night, I went to a "Monologue Slam," a monologue competition featuring our friend, Carrot-Stick Girl. She had won three months in a row, so we went to support her. Alas, she took a chance and did something a little more serious and came in third. A talented gal though.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #171 on: June 06, 2006, 07:15:19 PM »

I have to say, I am very anxious to see A PRAIRIE HOME COMPANION, THE MOVIE - or whatever they are calling it. I got the soundtrack and it is very fun.  It will be here on Friday - so that's when I will see it

I am also looking forward to it...

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #172 on: June 06, 2006, 07:19:00 PM »

I think it's the exact same picture.

We are drawing the same conclusion...

They were very impressed with the cover... One gal who ordered is hoping her DVD player will play it.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #173 on: June 06, 2006, 07:21:21 PM »

Gads! Catching up, and it seems madness abounds! I see we were visited by an internet Troll today. Good riddance, clown.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #174 on: June 06, 2006, 07:21:58 PM »

http://www.glittergraphics.us

You pick a letter style, type in your message and it gives you the html code to add the word or phrase to a website that you're creating.  You can't right-click and download the images, so I looked in the code and copied the actual letter file URLs and was able to link them manually.  Sneaky, ain't I?? ;D

Neat, I have bookmarked it. It is similar then to glittermaker.com. You can make glitter banners there...

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #175 on: June 06, 2006, 07:26:44 PM »

BK-
The advice has been sound. I understand the need to be in control of the finality. Sometimes that's all you have with a fairweather friend. But in reality, you still control it, even if you never say it explicitly. Withdraw your feelings in a full retreat, but you need not come out and say it. That way, should this person ever change or mature, the door is open.

George

« Reply #176 on: June 06, 2006, 07:27:56 PM »

Neat, I have bookmarked it. It is similar then to glittermaker.com. You can make glitter banners there...

This is much better!  You can download the whole banner as one image!

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #177 on: June 06, 2006, 07:30:11 PM »

Today, I ended a relationship. I resigned my position with a theatre board I had been on for years. It was a little difficult because there are nice people there, but, in the end, I needed to make a break. I don't have the time anymore to deal with the political struggles brewing within this group.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #178 on: June 06, 2006, 07:30:41 PM »

Very sorry to hear about your friend PennyO.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #179 on: June 06, 2006, 07:35:27 PM »

While in Pennsylvania, I found a series of paperbacks that are quite interesting. Anyone familiar wihth Richard Lamparski's "Whatever Became Of..." series? These would be VH1 or ET specials nowadays, but they are fun because many of the people discussed are entirely unknown now. So they are an interesting perspective on history. Learning what people who were famous in the 1920s were doing in the late '60s.  I now have four volumes of these, each with over 100 bios.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11   Go Up