Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: CONDIMENTS AND GARNISHES  (Read 20187 times)

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
Re:CONDIMENTS AND GARNISHES
« Reply #30 on: May 15, 2005, 08:08:11 AM »

I finally finished memorizing all my lines for LA CAGE last night. What a tremendous relief to have that burden lifted off of my shoulders! Now I can actually enjoy rehearsals!
« Last Edit: May 15, 2005, 08:08:43 AM by Matt H. »
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Danise

« Reply #31 on: May 15, 2005, 08:13:15 AM »

Won it!   ;D

Thank you, DR Matt.  I know very little about photography.  One of the reasons I love my digital camera.  It has a feature that allows you to pick a picture that looks like the shot you want to take and when you pick it, it sets the camera automatically.  

I could never do all of the settings myself.  
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

MBarnum

« Reply #32 on: May 15, 2005, 08:44:01 AM »

I like ketchup, catsup, mayo, mustard, relish, etc...not very particular on brands.

MBarnum

« Reply #33 on: May 15, 2005, 08:45:55 AM »

Watched Varan, the Unbelievable last night...compared to Toho's other giant monster movies this one is a bit on the dull side...the leading lady is the gal who gets liquidized in THE H-MAN!

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #34 on: May 15, 2005, 08:46:32 AM »

Jose how can you of all people talk about Strasburg and not mention the ice cream in the general store? ;D

I can understand your preference to spend the day with Andy minus the sister.  I think mine shared similar traits. ::)

Jane

« Reply #35 on: May 15, 2005, 08:47:56 AM »

George I found your photos of the lawn fun-my goodness that was high.  ;D

Trigger is a cutie and a Blue Heeler, also known as an Australian Cattle Dog.  For more info: http://www.cattledog.com/

Jane

« Reply #36 on: May 15, 2005, 08:48:36 AM »

Danise congratulations on your win.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #37 on: May 15, 2005, 08:48:45 AM »

DT GEORGE that's some TALL grass!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #38 on: May 15, 2005, 08:53:58 AM »

And the word of the day is: HEINOUS!
His Heinous would like some A-1 Sauce on his royal burger.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #39 on: May 15, 2005, 08:56:54 AM »

All alone am I with just the beat of my heart.

A confession: I'm jealous of all you people who have yards. I miss having a yard.
A lot of people who brag about their yards are overstating the truth.  Usually by thirty-two inches.

::)
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Jane

« Reply #40 on: May 15, 2005, 08:59:31 AM »

On April 14th Tomovoz posted:

It seens that DR Elmore and I shall be going to the theatre on the same day in May - the operating theatre. At least there will be no ether for ether of us.

Since the same day comes one day early in the Land of Oz,

GOOD SURGERY VIBES tomorrow!!!!!

We will miss you next week.

Danise

« Reply #41 on: May 15, 2005, 09:05:24 AM »

SWW--I've been meaning to tell you how much I like your new picture with Peggy.  I hope you can come up with a way to keep her in the yard.  I have a chain link pen in the yard for the dogs that I use for emergency situations--like the baby bird or if someone comes and I need the dogs but somewhere safe for a little while.

DR George—and I thought MY grass was tall when it comes up to my knee (and I’m 5’ tall).  

Thanks for the congrats, DR Jane.  I must say that I have the whole E-bay thing down.  I almost NEVER lose something I want and I get it at good price.  The item cost me all of .48 cents!   ;D

DR Elmore,  the best of vibes your way for tomorrow.  You know we will be thinking of you.  I hope that some how some one can post when it's over and let us know how your doing.  
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #42 on: May 15, 2005, 09:15:56 AM »

Vibes to Elmore and Tomovoz

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%][size=20]~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~[/size][/move]

Danise

« Reply #43 on: May 15, 2005, 09:18:46 AM »

Hey, did I miss something?  

Oh, Tom, I'm so sorry.  I hope everything goes fine with you as well!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #44 on: May 15, 2005, 09:18:52 AM »

My favorite garnish is definitely those cute little sprigs of parsley. That is one cute little vegetable. Due to some rampant food issues we have in this house, we are forbidden to eat, cook with, or talk about mayonnaise in front of my dad. It makes him gag because he thinks it is HEINOUS. Long story why, and you do NOT want me to tell it to you. He has similar feelings about salad dressing, and you do NOT want to get me started on pickles. Just mentioning pickles to him makes him make a face. However, he has absolutely no problem scarfing down a steak in front of me. Hmmm.

But I digress. I like to mix condiments with foods they wouldn't usually go with. Like chips with frosting. Strawberries with salsa (delicious!). Pizza with chocolate. I am a fantastic cook.
The mountains are pretty.

"I'm gonna put the little fish in the big tank, and the big fish in the little tank." -- talkative bus driver

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #45 on: May 15, 2005, 09:20:50 AM »

Thank-you, Danise!

Right now, since Peggy's surgery has healed, we're planning on tackling her mange problems.  Everyone keeps telling us how pretty she is, and what a wonderful brindle coat she has.  But we won't be able to find her a new home until the mange has been cured.

Strangely, the idea of finding her a new home doesn't bother me.  Der B and I seem to be unusual, in that we can love animals enough to hand them over to new owners.  My usual line, when leaving a dog with another rescue group, is to tell the dog "Have a good life."

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #46 on: May 15, 2005, 09:21:36 AM »

Vibes to Dear Reader Elmore! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Vibes to Dear Reader Tom! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I'm gonna put the little fish in the big tank, and the big fish in the little tank." -- talkative bus driver

MBarnum

« Reply #47 on: May 15, 2005, 09:21:51 AM »

DR George, Trigger is such a cutie!!

MBarnum

« Reply #48 on: May 15, 2005, 09:23:15 AM »

Vibes of good health to DRs Elmore3003 and Tomovoz!

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]  :D  ;D  :D  ;D  :D  ;D  :D  ;D  :D  ;D  :D  ;D  :D  ;D  :D [/move]

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #49 on: May 15, 2005, 09:27:46 AM »

Vibes to ElMORE & TOMovOZ!!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #50 on: May 15, 2005, 09:30:39 AM »

Strange thoughts while munching on the "Darth Mix" M&Ms:

They're tasty little morsels.  Dark chocolate mixes well with the M&M formula.  And the colors are nice: black, navy, burgundy, grey, and the most darling lavender.

Second, what about a second TOD: Strange Star Wars casts.

For example, what if Star Wars were to be cast with the stars of sit-coms?  I Love Lucy, for example.

Lucille Ball as Princess Leia
Desi Arnaz as Han Solo
Vivian Vance as C3P0
"Little Ricky" as R2D2
and
William Frawley as Darth Vader.

(Unfortunately, the whole I Love Lucy-centric casting falls apart at that point, because there aren't enough regular actors in the series to cover all the roles in the film.)

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #51 on: May 15, 2005, 09:33:05 AM »

Strawberries with salsa makes perfectly good sense.  You could probably make your own salsa, starting with strawberries.

Strawberries, chiles, mint, some sweet onion...

Danise

« Reply #52 on: May 15, 2005, 09:34:11 AM »

I have to go--doggies want a walk.  I have dinner to make and I have to run to the store for what I forget to get yesterday.  Sigh.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #53 on: May 15, 2005, 09:34:29 AM »

Trigger is such a cute puppy!! When my mom gets back and sees that picture she's going to say, "Oooooh, I want a puppy!"

I hope Peggy can find a good home. Some of them are harder to part with than others. I cried when Orlando got adopted, but I know he's happy now. He has a great family, another cat and a ferret to play with, and a sweet little girl who really loves him. I really wanted to keep him myself, but I know that if I'd kept all my fosters, I'd have 120+ cats. And THAT would be nuts.

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #54 on: May 15, 2005, 09:35:12 AM »

This was the kind of salsa that comes in a jar that you find at the grocery store next to the tortilla chips.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #55 on: May 15, 2005, 09:35:49 AM »

Favorite condiments when nuking some leftovers, just to give the flavor more kick:

Soy Sauce
Sriracha Chili Sauce

We have several types of mustard in the kitchen.  Dijon.  American Yellow.  A few more exotic types that der B loves.

I have yet to make my own mayonaise.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #56 on: May 15, 2005, 09:37:56 AM »

Sandra, if you can find some of the really good stuff, try a drop or two of balsamic vinegar on a strawberry.  It sounds insane, but it's delish!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #57 on: May 15, 2005, 09:54:50 AM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]~~~ Best Vibes to DR Tomovoz!! ~~~[/move]

[move=right,scroll,6,transparent,100%]~~~ Best Vibes to DR Elmore!! ~~~[/move]
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #58 on: May 15, 2005, 09:55:59 AM »

MBarnum-
Don't know if you watched Godzilla and Angorus kick the tar out of Ghidrah and Gigan today on Sci-Fi, but it was a royal beatdown.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #59 on: May 15, 2005, 09:56:34 AM »

Another sitcom casting for Star Wars:

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]It's The Luke Skywalker Show, starring...[/move]

Dick Van Dyke as Luke Skywalker
Mary Tyler Moore as Princess Leia
Morey Amsterdam as Han Solo
Rose Marie as C3P0
Larry Mathews as R2D2

with
Ann Morgan Guilbert as Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi
Jerry Paris as Grand Moff Tarkin
Richard Deacon as Chewbaca

and featuring

Carl Reiner as Darth Vader.

The only problem with this is that DVD and MTM end up as brother and sister by the time we get to Return of the Jedi.  But the whole sex thing in the Star Wars saga is wierd.  Jedi are forbidden to marry?  What was Lucas thinking?  (Personally, I think Yoda was compensating for other things with that lightsaber of his.)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Up