Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: QUITE  (Read 27635 times)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
Re:QUITE
« Reply #120 on: June 08, 2006, 12:02:26 PM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]Page Five Dance!![/move]
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #121 on: June 08, 2006, 12:05:27 PM »

We actually had fifteen Deceit orders yesterday - now, if we can have that same number today that would be great.

BK (if you don't mind my asking), is there a break-even point, or how many do you have to sell to start making a profit?
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #122 on: June 08, 2006, 12:05:45 PM »

Hiya -

It's cloudy again today. Sheesh. Two beautiful days of blue skies and sun, and then at least 2 and probably more days of drizzle and overcast and (oh, Penny, bitch and moan!) and grey. (Let's whine a little, why don't we?)

Anyhow - the job I sent in my (gi-normous) application for back at the beginning of April... I got a call that my interview is June 27. And I have an even-more gi-normous presentation to make, in ten minutes of the hour-long meeting. Said presentation is: you have a 5-show season, and $200K to do it with. Pick 5 Broadway--style musicals, relevant to the area demographic. Explain: Which shows and why; and how do you budget the money?

I have tentatively begun to work out a season... but I am woefully unaware of smaller shows... as in, without large singer/dancer choruses. Recent seasons included small shows like Forever Plaid. Company. Got some ideas??? Please help me with this research!!!

Penny, here are three that I've seen that aren't on Vixmom's list:

Das Barbecü!!  BK recorded the show and I saw a production in Seattle that was directed and choreographed by the original choreographer.

Angry Housewives!!  I've seen two different productions and both were just fabulous!  This has characters and situations that a LOT of women can identify with. ;)

Urinetown...if a musical about peeing doesn't bother anyone.  I just saw it last week and thought it was wonderful.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #123 on: June 08, 2006, 12:08:27 PM »

JOG JOG JOG....
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #124 on: June 08, 2006, 12:09:15 PM »

Oh my - I second ANGRY HOUSEWIVES for DRPENNYO's consideration.  Except that the music books we got were a MESS and there weren't vocal books for the cast....maybe Samuel French has fixed that by now.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #125 on: June 08, 2006, 12:09:52 PM »

I am still considering it, DRMBARNUM.....it LOOKS nice.  But Tony Bennett isn't my favorite singer.

DRJOSE - did your ancestors come from the Flappapines?

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #126 on: June 08, 2006, 12:15:04 PM »

THE GEISHA BOY, yeah that was on TV a lot in Chicagoland. "Mr. Willy,  Mr. Willy!"

Also THE FAMILY JEWELS. Jerry plays like 7 guys in that one, only a couple of which are funny.

THE NUTTY PROFESSOR though, that's the high-water mark.  Budddy Love kills me. When he gets the school president up on the table reciting Shakespeare in his underwear, that's good stuff.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #127 on: June 08, 2006, 12:15:55 PM »

A hundred million miracles! FLOWER DRUM SONG on DVD.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #128 on: June 08, 2006, 12:16:40 PM »

My favorite is in one of the East Side Kids movies. Muggs says, "It's an optical delusion!"

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #129 on: June 08, 2006, 12:16:48 PM »

I am still considering it, DRMBARNUM.....it LOOKS nice.  But Tony Bennett isn't my favorite singer.

DRJOSE - did your ancestors come from the Flappapines?

Just the gay ones!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #130 on: June 08, 2006, 12:17:37 PM »

Ann Coulter has varicose brains.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #131 on: June 08, 2006, 12:23:51 PM »

No problem, you should expect it in 3-5 business days.

Damn!

“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #132 on: June 08, 2006, 12:24:15 PM »

Off to NOT sell tickets to The Sound of Music.  

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #133 on: June 08, 2006, 12:24:29 PM »

My short list of shows for DR PennyO:
Lucky Stiff
Pete 'n Keeley
How the Other Half Loves (comedy)
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Ben

« Reply #134 on: June 08, 2006, 12:29:11 PM »

The Promenade Theatre an Off-Broadway house in New York City (it's on the Upper West Side at 76th Street) is closing down for good.

Here is a second article about the space.

The Promenade Theatre 2

Too bad!
« Last Edit: June 08, 2006, 12:31:10 PM by Ben »

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #135 on: June 08, 2006, 12:36:10 PM »

Oh my - I second ANGRY HOUSEWIVES for DRPENNYO's consideration.  Except that the music books we got were a MESS and there weren't vocal books for the cast....maybe Samuel French has fixed that by now.

Oh I don't thnk we needed the vocal books out here.  The original production ran for about fifty years here in Seattle, so we all knew the words........... So, Eat your F##kin Corn Flakes.

« Last Edit: June 08, 2006, 12:43:55 PM by TCB »
“One thing’s universal,

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #136 on: June 08, 2006, 12:37:02 PM »

We have to seel 500 DVDs to break even - I need to figure out how to get them in specialty shops like Amoeba - Footlight will carry it, I think.  And Matt will sell them at fan events, too, and I suspect a lot will go at those venues.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #137 on: June 08, 2006, 12:43:28 PM »

The Promenade Theatre an Off-Broadway house in New York City (it's on the Upper West Side at 76th Street) is closing down for good.

The Promenade Theatre 2

Too bad!

Very sad reading about the closing of The Promenade Theatre.  Even sadder to see that TRYST, which featured an almost naked Maxwell Caulfield will be closing on the 11th.
“One thing’s universal,

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #138 on: June 08, 2006, 12:55:26 PM »

Yeah, that is sad about the Promenade. Another sign of the times, I guess. My sis, when she lived in NYC, lived right by it, so I remember seeing the place on my first ever visit to New York. The only show I ever saw there was MR. GOLDWYN starring Alan King.

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #139 on: June 08, 2006, 12:55:38 PM »

The Promenade Theatre 2

Too bad!

Geeze Louise!! Soon there's gonna be nothing but hotel and expensive restaurants in NYC and no reason to go there! :-\
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #140 on: June 08, 2006, 01:02:30 PM »

Ghostlight Records released "The Drowsy Chaperone" early in time for the Tony's so people can hear the score before the Tony's.  It obviously hasn't hit the west coast yet.  You'd think if they want to get the score out there, they would put it on iTunes!!!

MBarnum

« Reply #141 on: June 08, 2006, 01:04:11 PM »

And wowee...the same day that the Gods give us BEYOND THE VALLEY OF THE DOLLS on dvd, we will also get the my favorite Saturday morning tv series LANCELOT LINK: SECRET CHIMP!

This may very well spell the end of civiliztion to some...but it is a dream come true for me! LOL!

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #142 on: June 08, 2006, 01:04:21 PM »

http://www.haineshisway.com/community/index.php?action=display;board=4;threadid=1043;start=msg211975#msg211975

The vocal books are non-existant - along with "Leader of the Pack", "Blood Brothers" and "Zombie Prom" and probably others.  I once asked Sam French how one was suppose to teach vocals without vocal books, and their answer was "Gather around the piano"  My pal Mark joke about that all the time now.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #143 on: June 08, 2006, 01:06:50 PM »

Ghostlight Records released "The Drowsy Chaperone" early in time for the Tony's so people can hear the score before the Tony's.  It obviously hasn't hit the west coast yet.  You'd think if they want to get the score out there, they would put it on iTunes!!!

I was shocked--it arrived on my desk this morning from Amazon.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #144 on: June 08, 2006, 01:09:27 PM »

Very sad reading about the closing of The Promenade Theatre.  Even sadder to see that TRYST, which featured an almost naked Maxwell Caulfield will be closing on the 11th.

I saw an entirely naked Maxwell Caulfield many moons ago in a play with Jessica Tandy and Elizabeth Wilson (neither of which whom got naked themselves.)
« Last Edit: June 08, 2006, 01:15:58 PM by Dan (the Man) »
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

vixmom

« Reply #145 on: June 08, 2006, 01:13:14 PM »

Oh I don't thnk we needed the vocal books out here.  The original production ran for about fifty years here in Seattle, so we all knew the words........... So, Eat your F##kin Corn Flakes.

Hmmm. I have an inkling who messed up those books, Jack!  :D
« Last Edit: June 08, 2006, 01:14:12 PM by vixmom »

MBarnum

« Reply #146 on: June 08, 2006, 01:14:50 PM »

Vixmom, did you see the recommendations yesterday (or was it Tuesday?) of a couple of nice Bollywood movies for the Vixter?

vixmom

« Reply #147 on: June 08, 2006, 01:19:08 PM »

Vixmom, did you see the recommendations yesterday (or was it Tuesday?) of a couple of nice Bollywood movies for the Vixter?

Yes thank you, I read them this morning from last night's posts.  I wrote them down and I will try to locate them.. It also made me realize the Vixter has never seen the original ET!!

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #148 on: June 08, 2006, 01:25:45 PM »

And wowee...the same day that the Gods give us BEYOND THE VALLEY OF THE DOLLS on dvd, we will also get the my favorite Saturday morning tv series LANCELOT LINK: SECRET CHIMP!

This may very well spell the end of civiliztion to some...but it is a dream come true for me! LOL!

Rodzinski and I have another friend who will also be very happy about this.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #149 on: June 08, 2006, 01:25:59 PM »

We have to seel 500 DVDs to break even - I need to figure out how to get them in specialty shops like Amoeba - Footlight will carry it, I think.  And Matt will sell them at fan events, too, and I suspect a lot will go at those venues.

Isn't there some online soap opera store?  I believe Ron Raines sells his CDs through it.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2006, 01:26:19 PM by elmore3003 »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Up