Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: FEELING MY OATS  (Read 19328 times)

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
Re:FEELING MY OATS
« Reply #90 on: June 29, 2005, 11:24:53 AM »

DR Jose - to comment on the three month wait for "15" that you posted late last night, I think we are planning to go to the Trattoria portion of the restaurant which I believe is open seating.  He's in charge of all that :)  Personally, I'd be happy with pub food!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #91 on: June 29, 2005, 11:24:55 AM »

Wow, DR Jose, you got it exactly!  And DR RLP you almost did.  I've never known any men who knew this much!

So i'm guessing the no bleach comment means i shouldn't even try your other suggestions?  :'(

You can still try some bleach... However...

The laundry guidelines are the guidelines for the general washing of your clothes in order to keep them in the best shape possible from wash to wash with the least amount of wear and tear.  So, when a garment says No Bleach, it basically highly suggests that you do not use bleach when washing the garment normally.

Stains are not "normal", and that's when the rules are meant to be broken - or at least fudged.

The one "rule" I usually break is the Cold Water vs. Warm Water Wash.  (I always Rinse in Cold Water.)  Cold Water washing tends to preserve colors better.  However, even some colors can fade in Cold Water.  So, if I happen to have a batch of clothes that need washing and a bunch of them are "older", I tend to put everything into a Warm Wash.  I'm just used to washing clothes in Warm Water.
Make Your Own Luck.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #92 on: June 29, 2005, 11:25:42 AM »

Holy Cats!  I'm way freaked out.

I just got an e-mailing from Abercrombie & Fitch, and this model is a dead ringer for my father when he was a young man:

Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #93 on: June 29, 2005, 11:29:35 AM »

Back to desserts...

As DR MBarnum mentioned, diabetics have to watch their whole diet, not just the "sweets".  So depending upon what else is served at the shower, and what they choose to eat or not eat, desserts for them may be a moot point.  However, it's always nice knowing that someone thought to put something out that would be safe for them to eat.

*From my Mom's experience as a Registered Dietitian, I'd say put out a fresh bowl of fruit - a mix of berries is ideal - and maybe a bowl of sugar-free Jell-o, cubed up.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #94 on: June 29, 2005, 11:31:00 AM »

OK, this Heloise needs to head downstairs and finally get some breakfast/brunch/lunch... WOW!  It's already 2:36pm EDT!!!

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

Jennifer

« Reply #95 on: June 29, 2005, 11:33:58 AM »

DR Jose, can I package you up and keep you! :)

Yeah we will do fruit, and I will do the diet jello.

As for regular food, there will be cut up veggies.  There will probably be a layered salad.  There will be little sandwiches (can they eat those?).

My mind is blank, I can't even remember what else we are making.  But if I knew what would be good, I would do it.

Although I think most of the diabetics are Filipino, so they may not eat the food anyhow. :)

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #96 on: June 29, 2005, 12:07:45 PM »

I remember seeing STARTING OVER at the movies, and it was such a departure for Burt Reynolds. I did like it.

I remember Burt was livid when his two co-stars were each Oscar nominated, but he wasn't. The fact that he wasn't had nothing to do with their doing a better job than he but simply that they had much less competition in their categories than he did as a leading man.

The nominees that year: Dustin Hoffman who won for KRAMER VS. KRAMER, Jack Lemon in THE CHINA SYNDROME, Al Pacino in AND JUSTICE FOR ALL, Roy Sheider in ALL THAT JAZZ, and Peter Sellers in BEING THERE.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #97 on: June 29, 2005, 12:12:26 PM »

I lucked out NOT getting to make a copy of BITTER SWEET. The movie was interrupted by a station ID warning that the cable service does once a month. Then, later on in the movie, the cable went blank for about two minutes before resuming. So, it was simply not meant to be, and I'm glad I didn't waste a blank DVD-R on it. NAUGHTY MARIETA seemed to record very well though the print was not in the best of shape. (BITTER SWEET looked flawless in Technicolor).

Matt H.

« Reply #98 on: June 29, 2005, 12:14:59 PM »

I did enjoy EMPIRE, and I liked Colm Feore though he played the most placid Julius Caesar I've ever seen enacted.

The male eye candy more than compensated me for the sappy writing.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #99 on: June 29, 2005, 12:52:47 PM »

Ron, these are bogus second chance offers from scam artists.  It's a new thing for eBay and has been going on for a couple of years.  I immediately wrote the seller via the auction page and he wrote back saying they were indeed scams.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #100 on: June 29, 2005, 01:02:43 PM »

DR Jose, can I package you up and keep you! :)

Yeah we will do fruit, and I will do the diet jello.

As for regular food, there will be cut up veggies.  There will probably be a layered salad.  There will be little sandwiches (can they eat those?).

My mind is blank, I can't even remember what else we are making.  But if I knew what would be good, I would do it.

Although I think most of the diabetics are Filipino, so they may not eat the food anyhow. :)

Yep - Diabetes - and other health issues - are prevalent among Filipinos.  And, most of "it" is due to the traditional Filipino diet.  Lots of pork, lots of salt, lots of oils and fats.  Well, more accurately, Filipino-Americans eating like they there were still back "home", but not "acting" like there were still back "home".  The typical "country life" in the Philippines is very physical, and most of that physical activity takes place in that very tropical climate, heat.  And, as we all know, life in the States - and North America - tends to lean toward the sedentary side.  In any case...

Stop apologizing for your food.  If people - Filipino or not - are hungry, they will eat.  If they're not, well, then you'll have plenty of leftovers.

*I learned a long time ago, that if you expect people not to like, not to eat your food, then they will most likely "fulfill" your intentions.

As for packaging me up... Well, I have a feeling the Canadian tariffs would make that possibility cost-prohibitive.
Make Your Own Luck.

Stuart

• No one is alone.....
« Reply #101 on: June 29, 2005, 01:16:44 PM »

Holy Cats!  I'm way freaked out.

I just got an e-mailing from Abercrombie & Fitch, and this model is a dead ringer for my father when he was a young man:

There are SO many things wrong with this sentence, not the least of which is that you are on A&F's mailing list.   ;)

Stuart

• No one is alone.....
« Reply #102 on: June 29, 2005, 01:18:23 PM »

I've never known any men who knew this much!

DR Jennifer, exactly how many gay men DO you know? ;)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #103 on: June 29, 2005, 01:19:35 PM »

OK.. Time for me to run some errands... Get out of the house for a while...

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #104 on: June 29, 2005, 01:20:11 PM »

:D

ROTFLMAO!!!!!

;D
Make Your Own Luck.

Tomovoz

« Reply #105 on: June 29, 2005, 01:29:50 PM »

The "Wizard of Oz" had effects worldwide it seems.
It's 6.30 in the morning and it's cold and winterey and I'm feeling quite gay.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #106 on: June 29, 2005, 01:30:44 PM »

There are SO many things wrong with this sentence, not the least of which is that you are on A&F's mailing list.   ;)

Hey!  I shop!

Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #107 on: June 29, 2005, 02:44:19 PM »

Are you guys kidding me????

It has been nearly 75 minutes since "I" last posted...and no one has had anything to say????

What an odd, odd day....
« Last Edit: June 29, 2005, 02:44:59 PM by Ron Pulliam »

Ginny

« Reply #108 on: June 29, 2005, 02:49:20 PM »

DR Ginny - Welcome home.

Sorry you and your travelling companion got sick, but you were not alone.  There were some other "sickies" this past weekend here on HHW and elsewhere.

But at least you had that wonderful view from your hotel room!

:)

Yes, and before Monday I had seen The Lion King and heard the following speakers:

Keynote:  Senator Barack Obama - riveting
Authors:  Kent Haruf, Chitra Divakaruni, Elizabeth Berg, Alex Kotlowitz, Sara Paretsky, and - he's still alive? - Studs Terkel.

So I really have nothing to complain about!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Tomovoz

« Reply #109 on: June 29, 2005, 02:59:49 PM »

Mr Terkel's "Working" is a favourite book of mine. I've even uses in teaching "Careers" as a topic. After all these years (a George Harrison reference)is still had relevance.
Of course I like the musical too.
would love to have heard him DR Ginny.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2005, 03:00:14 PM by Tomovoz »
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #110 on: June 29, 2005, 03:01:17 PM »

DR Ron.  HHW had a bleached period there for a while - almost a diabetic approach to posts.  Nothing sweet at all.
James Thurber 1957

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #111 on: June 29, 2005, 03:03:29 PM »

Well, DR Ginny took care of that deficiency!

Or, you both did.

Tomovoz

« Reply #112 on: June 29, 2005, 03:09:39 PM »

It's now post breakfast post time Ron. Soon it will be visit the post office time. And I'm not expecting any parcels.
James Thurber 1957

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #113 on: June 29, 2005, 03:09:44 PM »

Yes, there's no predicting posting regularity here at haineshisway.com.  For example, vixter has been most errant and truant over the last weeks, and she's always a source for lovely and fun postings.  May we just say to the vixter, GET BACK HERE ALREADY.

elmore is gone, Pogue won't be back for a week, and on and on it goes.  Yet, yesterday we had a really big day, posts-wise.

I had a lovely and caloric lunch with Miss Tammy Minoff, and am now working with the shipping guy, organizing orders into notebooks, so that everything will be ready to go the day the discs come in.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #114 on: June 29, 2005, 03:13:26 PM »

I meant vixmom, of course.  But isn't it time for the vixter to join our merry troupe?

Tomovoz

« Reply #115 on: June 29, 2005, 03:15:18 PM »

And DR François will be missing for the next three weeks I think.
James Thurber 1957

Danise

« Reply #116 on: June 29, 2005, 03:19:13 PM »

vening all!  Not much to say tonight.  I’m waiting for my supper to heat up in the old microwave.  

Can anyone please tell me the dates for HHW gathering in NYC in October?

The main day/evening will be Wednesday,  October 5th.  That’s the day/evening of the “eating our way through the city” is take place and the “Girls night out with the Guys”.

I haven’t heard any other plans but I will be in NY starting on Saturday, October 1st and I leave on Saturday, October 8th.  

Things didn’t work out quite the way I wanted to with the friends I was going to go see so it will only be a day trip to see them on Friday but my flight won’t leave on Saturday until about 7:30 PM.  That means I have all day on the 8th to do something.

Of course, I will be going to see Mr. Ball on Sunday, October 2nd at one o'clock.   ;D

I regret that this will have to be the last trip I take for awhile until I build up some vaction time and pay this trip off so I hope to make the most of it.  

Ding!  Dinner is served--be back laters.

Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Jennifer

« Reply #117 on: June 29, 2005, 03:23:43 PM »

Stop apologizing for your food.  If people - Filipino or not - are hungry, they will eat.  If they're not, well, then you'll have plenty of leftovers.

*I learned a long time ago, that if you expect people not to like, not to eat your food, then they will most likely "fulfill" your intentions.

Actually I was not expecting them not to eat the food until my sister told me last night they probably wouldn't. :(

Jennifer

« Reply #118 on: June 29, 2005, 03:26:15 PM »

Obviously not enough!

But you cannot tell me that most gay men could possibly know this much about getting a stain out.  Heck i'll bet my mom doesn't even know this much (although I think i may just show her my t-shirt and the bleach and ask her opinion).

Danise

« Reply #119 on: June 29, 2005, 03:36:31 PM »

Jennifer
HHW God

Online Now

Member Number: 42

Re:NOTES BY OSMOSIS - NEW
« Reply #203 on: Yesterday at 09:25:11pm »  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I don't think that I am the target audience for the Tom Cruise PR, cause War of the Worlds is not really my kind of movie.

Also, DR Danise, there actually was a reality tv show called For Love or Money. And it had some of the elements of yours (maybe you read about it?).  It had one contestant and then a group of the opposite sex.  The contestant had to deceive the group, then at the end they both had the choice to be together or leave for $1Million (or something like that).

I had never heard of that show--at least not that I know of.  Maybe it was rolling around in my brain and just came out as a dream?  Thanks for telling me DR Jennifer
Touch Magic, Pass it on!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up