Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down

Author Topic: FACEBOOK AND THE ART OF STUPID  (Read 4311 times)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
Re: FACEBOOK AND THE ART OF STUPID
« Reply #180 on: May 29, 2015, 11:55:59 PM »

PAGE SEVEN RUSSIAN FOLK DANCE!!

http://faithtap.com/2521/russian-women-in-red-dresses-do-folk-dance-berezka/

Seriously, click on the link!  It's kind of strange but really cool!
« Last Edit: May 29, 2015, 11:59:09 PM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #181 on: May 29, 2015, 11:58:15 PM »

I went to treatment with a woman who drank her French perfume!

That's awful when people don't realize how they go overboard with fragrance. Having been in and among cancer wards, I've learned to go without cologne, which was difficult at first as that was part of the routine. But now, I forget that I can wear it elsewhere. When I do, I am very lightly spritzed.

Many of us are really bothered by perfumes. A woman used to go to my acupuncturist wearing lots of scents. Even after she left I couldn't be treated in that room--she left, but the scents stayed. She probably wasn't happy when I asked her to refrain.

The library system where I work has an official no-scent policy.  Our newly hired (just last year) HR assistant practically reeked of perfume when she started working here.  Several co-workers (including one of my staff) are scent-sensitive and can have allergic reactions to strong perfumes.  My staff member (politely) explained to her the situation and she said that she would stop, but she didn't.  My staff member told the HR manager and HE told the HR assistant (three times!!) to tone it down...and still she didn't!  Finally, after that HR manager was fired, I happened to be chatting with our library director and I mentioned this to her and SHE talked with the HR assistant.  FINALLY, she stopped wearing the strong perfume.  But really, if your supervisor tells you that it's library policy to not wear strong scents, why in the world would you still do it??

:-\
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #182 on: May 30, 2015, 12:16:37 AM »

Aside from the perfume issue, the HR assistant has shown herself to be a very efficient and knowledgeable HR assistant.  And in the few times that I've interacted with her, she seems like a really nice person...so now, it's all good. :)
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up