Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: WE NEED A LITTLE AUGUST  (Read 35762 times)

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
Re:WE NEED A LITTLE AUGUST
« Reply #210 on: August 01, 2007, 01:32:08 PM »

So, DR Ron Pulliam, I guess in HD Blu-Ray, Batman's every crack and crevasse is...

Prominent.

;)

Sometimes a codpiece is just the fish with chips.

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #211 on: August 01, 2007, 01:32:27 PM »

I spent the rest of the afternoon watching almost all of the episodes on the second disc of 8 SIMPLE RULES. They weren't really much better than the first disc in the set: still shrill and discomforting to watch one after another. At this point, I just want to get through the box and be done with it.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #212 on: August 01, 2007, 01:33:56 PM »

There was one episode - episode 10 - where John Ritter sits down with his daughters and explains how their cynicism and dishonesty keeps him from making wise decisions in their behalf. It was the one moment of truth so far in the series, but the very next episode had them regressing to the same obnoxious behavior.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #213 on: August 01, 2007, 01:34:45 PM »

The weeds that grow in our neighborhood are blossoming,

Please - they are native species!

der Brucer

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #214 on: August 01, 2007, 01:50:33 PM »

So, DR Ron Pulliam, I guess in HD Blu-Ray, Batman's every crack and crevasse is...

Prominent.

;)

I don't have Blu-Ray.

I have HD DVD.

But....high def IS, after all, high def...and let's just say you could count the hairs on his arms, his chest and in his armpits, if you've a mind to do so.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2007, 02:15:31 PM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #215 on: August 01, 2007, 01:50:36 PM »

What GREAT news. However, with ratings topping the list for cable shows week after week, was it ever in doubt?

No...but it's nice when it's official!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #216 on: August 01, 2007, 01:52:29 PM »

I'm glad DR Cillaliz mentioned only getting to order one ticket. I checked my account and realized that even though I had selected 2 tickets, I only got one for each show. I went back and ordered another for each show, so I think I'm set!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #217 on: August 01, 2007, 01:52:43 PM »

TD-GREAT NEWS!!!!

Elmore-Thank goodness your move is over, & for nice understanding movers!

Tomovoz

« Reply #218 on: August 01, 2007, 02:00:22 PM »

Excellent news from DR td.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #219 on: August 01, 2007, 02:01:19 PM »

I took an anti-vomit pill, followed by 1.5 fl ounces of Phospho-soda, during which I screamed, gagged & groaned.  I think the pill is the only reason I haven’ barfed yet.  Note I said yet.  I still have another 1.5 oz to take later today.  1.5 oz doesn’t seem like much until you add the water making it 5.5 oz.

All this is for a routine test tomorrow.  The last time I did this I was sick for two days, I’m so damn sensitive.

I’m going to lie down now.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #220 on: August 01, 2007, 02:16:12 PM »

I took an anti-vomit pill, followed by 1.5 fl ounces of Phospho-soda, during which I screamed, gagged & groaned.  I think the pill is the only reason I haven’ barfed yet.  Note I said yet.  I still have another 1.5 oz to take later today.  1.5 oz doesn’t seem like much until you add the water making it 5.5 oz.

All this is for a routine test tomorrow.  The last time I did this I was sick for two days, I’m so damn sensitive.

I’m going to lie down now.

Nothing like a little vomit talk to put a gurgle in my tummy.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #221 on: August 01, 2007, 02:18:30 PM »

Nothing like a little vomit talk to put a gurgle in my tummy.

This is one time we can refrain from asking for pictures.

der Brucer

Matt H.

« Reply #222 on: August 01, 2007, 02:33:04 PM »

I really enjoyed DR Rodzinski's Playbill column this time because I've always been a big fan of Michael Rupert's. I saw him in THE HAPPY TIME and was so impressed with him being so dynamic and being able to more than hold his own with veterans like Robert Goulet and David Wayne at such a young age. I remember feeling a little ill the night he didn't win the Tony Award for his performance (Hiram Sherman won for HOW NOW DOW JONES). I loved his delighted surprise and genuine disbelief when he did win almost 20 years later.

Matt H.

« Reply #223 on: August 01, 2007, 02:35:05 PM »

Well, I've got to go mow the front yard if it's not too impossibly hot. Later tonight I'm going to have to clean the den (which I haven't done yet) once I've cooled down from mowing the grass.

WBBL.

MBarnum

« Reply #224 on: August 01, 2007, 02:50:45 PM »

Would you, could you,
On a train?
Would you, could you,
On a plane?

Oh, I am quite certain he has!

DERBRUCER

« Reply #225 on: August 01, 2007, 03:02:03 PM »

New NYC picture-taking rules proposed:

NY TIMES

The new rules, which were proposed by the Mayor’s Office of Film, Theater and Broadcasting, would require any group of two or more people who want to use a camera in a public place for more than 30 minutes to get a city permit and $1 million in liability insurance. The same requirements would apply to any group of five or more people who plan to use a tripod in a public location for more than 10 minutes, including the time it takes to set up the equipment. The permits would be free.

Officials have said that the rules are not intended to apply to tourists or amateur filmmakers or photographers.

But the language of the regulations does not include specific exemptions for amateurs, and critics have warned that vague phrasing could lead to inconsistent and perhaps discriminatory enforcement.

Some opponents say the cost of insurance required under the rules would burden independent filmmakers and photographers with limited budgets. City officials said that if the proposed rules were adopted, insurance could be waived in some cases for those who could not afford it.

Sounds like an Insurance agency's full-employment bill.

der Brucer

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #226 on: August 01, 2007, 03:14:09 PM »

Otherwise, I'll be trying my hardest to get through the remaining episodes of 8 SIMPLE RULES so I can put it behind me.

Perhaps Season 2 would be the perfect Christmas gift for you!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #227 on: August 01, 2007, 03:17:36 PM »

DR TD, glad to hear positive sounding news on your mom. I am sure it is a relief, at least a bit.

DR Elmore...the move is finally over! Whew! Hebrew movers  :D...lucky dog, all we ever get here are guys who look like they are on crack.

It's a good thing you weren't here,  DR MBarnum; the one you would have cornered would have been no help to the movers at all!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #228 on: August 01, 2007, 03:19:36 PM »

Blame Jose, please.  It was he who inspired my response.

When do I not blame Jose?  He is the Scourge of God.  He is Tilly the Hun.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #229 on: August 01, 2007, 03:23:17 PM »

Should I bring cookies to the auditions?
[size=8]
Yes!
[/size]

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #230 on: August 01, 2007, 03:24:30 PM »

Um, I never leave anything on my fingers.

-Boy, is that a statement open to interpretation.

You could say that again!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #231 on: August 01, 2007, 03:27:58 PM »

For Immediate Release: THE CLOSER renewed for a 4th season!

Excellent! How soon is SAVING GRACE being pulled?  Of course, I'm amazed that MONK is still on.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #232 on: August 01, 2007, 03:37:12 PM »

I ache all over.  Too many cartons dragged and carried and unpacked today; too much climbing up and down a stepladder; I'm too old for this!  So, I came home and took a hot bath.  I'm now having some fried rice and wonton soup.  I think I will be in bed early.  Alone, alas.

Edisaurus

« Reply #233 on: August 01, 2007, 03:38:28 PM »

Excellent! How soon is SAVING GRACE being pulled?  Of course, I'm amazed that MONK is still on.

There are no plans to pull the show---it's still getting good ratings and the viewership increased despite so many complaints about it. I haven't been able to catch a whole episode yet, but I've had a hard time understanding  some of the dialogue I have heard. And the premise doesn't interest me that much.

Edisaurus

« Reply #234 on: August 01, 2007, 03:39:22 PM »

I'm now having some fried rice and wonton soup.  I think I will be in bed early.

Chinese Food in Bed?

Edisaurus

« Reply #235 on: August 01, 2007, 03:41:18 PM »

OK, I'm off to try and mow the huge yard at the new house. I hope I don't regret it! I'm going to empty the grass bag before it gets too full and heavy, like I usually do.

We have to put clippings in paper bags and haul them up to the street. I'm just hoping I don't mow over another yellow jacket nest, like I did the last time I mowed. Ow!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #236 on: August 01, 2007, 03:51:19 PM »

Chinese Food in Bed?

Nope.  The story of my life is Crumbs in My Bed.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #237 on: August 01, 2007, 04:08:52 PM »

Nope.  The story of my life is Crumbs in My Bed.

Literally and euphemistically?

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #238 on: August 01, 2007, 04:20:10 PM »

Literally and euphemistically?

I'm keeping that for the biography! ;)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #239 on: August 01, 2007, 04:24:31 PM »

I have spent a horrifying forty-five minutes on the phone - being strong, being loud, and probably being a little offensive, all to do with this ongoing funding of the fundraiser, which should have been done by now.  I'm now no longer certain that this show that we've all been working on for three months  will happen at all, and if it doesn't happen, I'm afraid the alumni association will go into the toilet if our opening salvo is a complete failure and disaster.  Doesn't exactly speak well of my capabilities, even though none of it is my fault - I was promised the funding, everything was agreed to in a meeting two months ago, I did everything I was asked to do and here we are in a quagmire of beaurocracy, which is why I gather the president doesn't want to be there anymore.  He is still assuring me that it will happen and that his committment to me will be honored - I'm glad he's sure, because I'm sure not sure.  He's now saying that even if it has to be treated as a loan it will get done.  I told him at this point whatever it is it is - and if we have to pay the dough back from ticket sales then we'll do that - of course our organization will then probably not make any money, but at least we won't look like complete losers - plus I'm still trying to get corporate sponsorships and those would, at least, put a little in our coffers should we have to pay back the funding.  

This is not making me a happy camper right now and I HATE having these conversations.  I may have to go down to LACC tomorrow morning to hash this out some more.  I now have a raging headache.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12   Go Up